[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't the DOD come up with new ideas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: cougar-6x6-mrap-01.jpg (187KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
cougar-6x6-mrap-01.jpg
187KB, 1200x800px
The DOD gets $500 billion a year yet hasn't come up with a successful new idea in like 50 years

Every time they roll out something new it's either
A) A new edition of something they already had
B) Some other country's idea
C) CIA's idea

And when there actually is a new idea the the USMC's always the first to adopt it
despite having the least money and manpower

>pic related
>took them 4 years to copy a truck
>built 30 years ago
>by Africans
>>
Because new ideas mean they have to spend that money and not go directly into their own accounts

And we've also kind of plateaued lately. We aren't in war and there isn't a need for military hardware innovation, yet.

And a lot of times those new ideas are new and cool but they don't justify the additional cost over the existing thing.
>>
>>33063271
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA
>>
>>33063271
lack of competition like this guy said. >>33063301
>>
>>33063301
>We aren't in war
Only reason that's true is you ran away

>don't justify the additional cost
How do people use this argument in the context of defence spending?
>>
>>33063271
> Why can't the DOD come up with new ideas?

the fucking fuck you are even on about

>A) A new edition of something they already had
>B) Some other country's idea
>C) CIA's idea

i don't even thin k you know what DOD is and what they do

holly shit i think your thread gave me a tumor
>>
there hasn't been a good enough war to stir the DARPA nerds out of their perpetual hibernation.
>>
File: uas.jpg (4MB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
uas.jpg
4MB, 3000x2400px
>>33063326
>>33063353

>Darpa UAV
>Operated by the air force
>entire air force loathes them
Dr Pavel
>>
>Darpa stealth tech
>ugly
>Flies slow
>can't dogfight
you don't get to bring friends
>>
>>33063347
>How do people use this argument in the context of defence spending?
"I don't give a shit and will actively complain about defence spending until FOX News runs a story of a crying war widow and then I will complain that we don't spend enough."

It's the individual equivalent of when CNN runs two stories in the same segment, one complaining about the outrageous cost of the war and the other complaining that our troops are underequipped.
>>
>>33063271

Because when you're drone-bombing durkhas in homebrewed tanks made from sheet steel tack-welded onto old tractors, you don't really have to invent the fucking Death Star.
>>
>>33063654
you really don't think you can spend too much and still get too little?
DOD spent hundreds of millions a year on gas for tent air conditioners and xbox's while AA batteries ran in short supply
>>
>>33063352
>i don't even thin k you know what DOD is and what they do
>holly shit i think your thread gave me a tumor
it's monday night
id worry more about your liver there, friend
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.