[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of a .22lr revolver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: victimsopencarry.jpg (53KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
victimsopencarry.jpg
53KB, 750x563px
I have a friend who's selling a .22lr revolver and
I'm curious if there are any advantages, disadvantages,or serious opinions about them.
>>
>>33062306
No possibility of rimlock compared to an automatic .22lr pistol. You can shoot different .22lr loads without having to worry about putting the right recoil spring in.
>>
I have never had a .22 revolver fail to fire. Even with the worst ammo.
>>
>>33062332
Didn't even think of that, I have a 10/22 that jams like it's full of chewing gum
>>
>>33062306

the point of a .22 revolver is to put .22lr (long-rat) Ratshot-brand Ratshot cartrideges inside and use it for self-defence.
>>
>>33062306
Cheap ammo
Look fucking badass when you shoot varmints
>>
I'm starting to think airguns will replace .22 RF.

The only rimfire revolver I really want is a Ruger Single Six.
>>
>>33062792
Airguns don't fire multiple rounds in one load to my knowledge, and any the size of a pistol are very weak.
>>
>>33062370
That sounds like spectacularly bad advice.
>>
>>33063265
Right? I tried some and it couldn't go through a milk jug
>>
>>33062370
>>33063265
>>33063292
I have doubts that stuff could even kill a rat.
>>
>>33063189
>>Airguns don't fire multiple rounds in one load to my knowledge
Most large bore air rifles will get off a dozen or so shots of 50 cal steel balls. It should certainly be possible to make a small caliber air rifle do the same.

Just not with that standard spring loaded piston design.
>>
>>33062306
>not owning a colt frontier scout

Why even live?
>>
>>33062332
i have it turned out i overtightened the screw the hammer pivots on so it was binding up enough to slow it down
easy fix though
>>
>>33062306
Snake shot and a noise maker.
>>
>>33062306
It sounds like .22lr revolvers are solid and are a fun investment.
>>
>>33062306
Anyone know what soft case that is?
>>
>>33062306
A double action revolver abates the drawbacks of rimfire primers. With a DAO or DA/SA revolver you can simply pull the trigger again and move on to another chamber. With a semi auto you'll pull the trigger 2/3 more times and then run the slide.

This is less of an issue with 22 WMR or 17 HMR as the higher cost allows for better QC. It's not as reliable as a centerfire cartridge, but it's better than 22LR.

PS: If you want one of those NAA 22 revolvers for self defense get a magnum. If you want one for fun get the 22LR. The 1 1/8" magnum is the same size and has the same muzzle velocity as the 1 5/8" 22LR.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.