[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think if people knew more about guns and how they operated/discipline,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9124.jpg (137KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9124.jpg
137KB, 1024x1024px
Do you think if people knew more about guns and how they operated/discipline, they'd be less afraid of them?
>>
>>33062057
Certain people yes. Other people no because they have a specific agenda against guns.
>>
Yes.

I used to, as a kid, be wholly afraid of guns. My father kept guns in the house, but wasn't an ardent 2nd amendment supporter or shooter. I was taught in school that you should never touch a gun, and basically that it can go off at any second for any reason.

When my dad taught me how to shoot, which took a great deal of coaxing, it shattered that fear. And then it sparked a lifelong addiction. I was ten, and by 14 I had literature on gunsmithing, small arms manufacturing and development, and marksmanship.

Seriously, a huge amount of people.aged 18-40 who are scared of or opposed to guns literally have no idea how they work and no experience with them, and sometimes just teaching them to shoot is enough to sway them.
>>
Yes

>Be canuck
>Didn't like guns
>Friend took me shooting
>Went out and got my license because it was fun
>Parents didn't like guns
>Take them shooting
>They like guns now

Also go watch that video about liberals shooting guns for the first time, just look at some of the girls there with that huge grin on their face after shooting a shotgun, most of them at least had an appreciation of guns and a few of them went out and bought guns.
>>
guns are innately a bit unnerving, they're tools that pretty much anyone can own that let you kill someone more or less instantly from a considerable distance with relatively little training.
>>
Yes, of course. See when computers started becoming more common in the household. Parents that weren't as tech savvy as their children were always afraid of viruses on their computers wreaking havoc on the family computer, which is why you always hear people saying their parents would get mad at them for playing games on it. Now, those children are parents themselves and they of course know a lot about computers. Spend the time to educate people on firearms instead of letting them be told to demonize them. Firearms safety should be a mandatory lesson in school and in the home
>>
>>33062087

yes, also if they knew more about actual gun laws (see all the stuff about "gun show loophole")

a good day or two fieldstripping guns (to find out how they work and the internal safeties and why they wont just go off on their own) and learning gun safety and shooting some rounds turned me from "mehh im not into Gun's" to "guns are cool"
>>
>>33062136

OP here,
Frequently have I turned friends on to guns with the world of guns disassembly game if they dont want to actually handle shit and need coaxing.
>>
>>33062071
Underrated post.
>>
>>33062057
Oh, of course!

makes me think of getting behind the wheel of a car for the first time...people who are apprehensive start to loosen up as soon as they get some practical, hands-on experience
>>
>>33062057

Well, yeah. Ppl are scared of what they don't understand.
>>
Fear is rooted in a lack of understanding
>>
>>33062124

>>33062124

Same thing goes for a car.

>car Is a tool
>Any one can have a car.
>If the car or truck is big enough and going fast enough, you can easily kill enough people
(Like that one guy in France. In just a few mins he killed over 70 ppl with just a truck)
>A car can kill multiple ppl instantly
(Much faster than a gun can do)
>You can drive a car with pretty much zero training.

Yet we don't think the car is unnerving.

The only ppl who think guns are unnerving, are bitches and ppl who don't know jack shit about guns, except what the media tells them.

Also have you ever filled out a 4473? If you have, you'd see the giant list of shit, that limits who can own guns.

So you must be a lil bitch. So fuck out of her faggot.
>>
>>33062660

i've filled out a 4473 and shot guns but honestly the

>The only ppl who think guns are unnerving, are bitches and ppl who don't know jack shit about guns

rhetoric isn't useful in getting people to lose their irrational fear of guns enough for them to learn gun mechanics and safe gun handling/use.

Guns *are* dangerous, a single fuckup with a gun can leave people dead, that's why we have the gun safety rules. Trying to get people to understand how guns work and how to safely handle them isn't through belittling them and their fears -- it's through getting them to understand the mechanics of how guns work, and the real risks and dangers involved -- and teaching them safe gun handling and teaching them safe gun use.
>>
>>33062057
Yes. I'm working on contract in the People's Republic of New York, and have had 3 different ladies approach me about shooting guns, two because they've "never shot guns before and want to try it" and one "because I think I'd I knew how to use them I'd be less intimidated by them."

>post range pussy is best pussy
>>
>>33062660

cars are more dangerous because people use them all the time, and in very close proximity to eachother, but generally speaking you can avoid being hit by a car as long as you pay attention. Im not afraid of guns per se, but I am very cautious around OTHER people with guns, similarly to how im cautious about other people with cars.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.