[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reactions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: ladyscreeming.jpg (14KB, 320x244px) Image search: [Google]
ladyscreeming.jpg
14KB, 320x244px
Everytime I get surprised by something my reaction is to flinch a couple inches back like a bitch. How do I unpussify myself? Training suggestions?
>Mfw my roommates ninja walk around the apartment and sneak up on me.
>>
>>33058979
Bumping for interest.

I'm not easily startled, but when I am, I get a nasty flinch. Can that be desensitized out or something? Being able to keep focus and total control is a concern, I want to improve reaction time under stress.
>>
>>33058979
>>33059028
Pull the trigger very fucking slowly so that when you realize the gun shot it's already too late to be a little bitch.
>>
>>33059056
Not talking about shooting. I'm good with that. I flinch very bad if someone sneaks up on me. I'd like to fix that.
>>
>>33059077
Work on getting better situational awareness I guess.
Also relax with the stimulants
>>
File: 1385841132281.gif (2MB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1385841132281.gif
2MB, 420x315px
>>33058979
>Everytime I get surprised by something my reaction is to flinch a couple inches back like a bitch.

Backing away from whatever scared you is a good reaction. Also more acceptable in our day and age than slugging whatever it was in the face.
There's 3 general outcomes: Fight, flight & freeze. Freeze is the mind killer. You don't want that.
Flight and fight can be acceptable, but are both very circumstancial.

>>33059056

Flinching while shooting? Well, aside from dry firing, I generally tell my students to load their mags randomly and with one snap cap. (Ideally someone else loads them randomly for them)
Then mix their mags.
You'll see your flinch very clearly each time you hit the snap cap. It's a good training aid.

That said, flinch will invariably return if you do not train frequently enough. My flinch sure does. So try not to lapse in your training, it'll be harder to get rid of it again later. Consistency is the key.
>>
File: 1477033916903.jpg (496KB, 630x719px) Image search: [Google]
1477033916903.jpg
496KB, 630x719px
>>33058979
>thinking this is a bad thing

Flinching like a pussy might make you look like a bitch, but it just means your body is able to readily react to the rush of chemicals that flood your body in a flight or fight situation.

People that don't flinch when surprised are often associated with those that have poor reaction time, coordination, or nerves abnormalities.
>>
>>33059092
I do. The main problem for me is at home when someone rounds a corner or flings open a door. In public I usually scan everyone within 10 feet of me (further out if it's less crowded).
>>
>ITT pussies
The real man's reaction is neither to retreat nor to strike blindly, but adopt the ready stance of whatever martial art he possesses greatest mastery of.
>>
>>33059144
Easy now Mac. Not everyone needs an ocular patdown.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzsitGgb880
>>
>>33059173
Kek
>>
>>33058979
>tfw marched tuba
>big ass bell right over face
>always next to drumline
>sounds bouncing off bell right into my ears
Loud noises make me flinch but thanks to being next to drums for 6 years I've been able to get over the eye flinch thing with percussion/noise
>>
Stress inoculate.

Take up a martial art with a lot of sparring or randori.

Spend a lot of time at shooting ranges or other loud environments.

Start sneaking up on your ninja roommates and spooking them back, but do it in a creepier way.
>>
>>33059404
>sneeki breeki behind roommate
>long sniff on their neck by their ear
>"you smell different when you're awake..."
>>
>>33059563
this is pretty close to what i do. i try to follow closely and then slowly make my breathing louder
>>
File: 1480953551067.jpg (124KB, 1175x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1480953551067.jpg
124KB, 1175x2048px
>>33058979
I got you desu senpai. The trick is to have your friends scare the fucking shit out literally every chance they get all the time. You will be cool-hand-luke in no time.

Related

>work at gun shop
>co-workers all ex marine corps, a couple army/navy
>do not consider myself jumpy at all
>one day standing at gun counter
>co-worker rolls up behind me
>yells "BUH!" really fucking loud behind my head and pokes my sides
>laughter
>the frequency and severity of this little game increases 2000% over weeks
>start joining in also
>pretty hard to scare the others
>be standing at counter with customer one day
>hear from the back room somebody scream "OMAHA!" as loud as humanly possible
>hear a crash and laughter
>customer asks what that was all about
>"I didn't hear anything sir"
>frequently hear a faint "BUH !" or "BAH!" from the back now and then while at work
>makes me laugh every single time
>not jumpy anymore
>>
File: cTjV5TI.jpg (1015KB, 3629x2419px) Image search: [Google]
cTjV5TI.jpg
1015KB, 3629x2419px
bomp
>>
>>33058979
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRTc9sjq_qs

build a time machine and go back to the 80s
>>
>>33059175
Kek. Learned that the hard way. I used to try to search for weapons on everyone around me. Way to exhausting and inefficient. The key is to determine if someone shows signs of being a threat, then selecting them for le occular patdown. Generally I scan facial expressions, level of awareness, clothing, and if people are in groups. This might only take a second or less per person. If a person is alone, wearing dark, baggy, or "tactical" clothing, looking all around, or look pissed they would be likely to get an occular patdown. I either avoid very suspicious people or watch them for body language and printing if I must remain in the same location. From there, I look for exit routes (probably need to work on this earlier in my situational awareness, but I'm still learning).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.