[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ammo Storage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

I live in a relatively safe area. But storage space is rather limited in my bedroom. Whats the best way to store ammo?

I just bought myself a Plano Storage trunk for my closet.

How does /k store their ammo?
> Lose in the ammo can?
> Inside the boxes in an ammo can?

Pic related what I bought, its pretty heavy so I don't think anyone will runaway with all my ammo.
>>
>>33057885
Got a bunch of safes and ammo boxes with locks on them. Any overflow goes in empty protein jugs.
>>
Stacked under my bed
>>
>>33057885
I don't think there's any magic to ammo storage, other than keep it in your air conditioned house. Don't leave it in some damp basement corner or something equally retarded(especially polymer coated steel case, that stuff will rust). I just store it in a way that takes the least space, and preferably in something sturdy enough to handle the weight, and with handles that you can grab and move if you need to. Stacks of ammo boxes are a pain in the ass to move.
Some people go way out of their way to get air tight seals and silica packs, but I don't think that's too necessary, especially if you have ammo that's sealed against the elements on an individual cartridge basis(pic related).
>>
>>33057885
in original boxes inside of surp ammo cans with desiccant
>>
Keep it dry and humidity free. As a result, storing it in your room is not exactly great since humans shed a fuckton of moisture in their sleep. So make sure the room is well ventilated.
Also keep it out of direct sunlight if possible.

As for storage, keep in mind that an old office cabinet will work better than an airtight safe. In case of fire, the cabinet will let the ammo cook off harmlessly. In the airtight safe, the fire might take longer to cause the round to go off, but when they do the pressure is likely to cause a bunch of them to go off at the same time. Turning your safe into a bomb.

Loose ammo going off is harmless to a firefighter due to his PPE. But sharpnel from a safe is deadly.
>>
File: 1487281254539.jpg (55KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
1487281254539.jpg
55KB, 750x734px
For long term I use metal food containers, the type they sell industrial sizes in. The lid prys off like a paint can, and can be made totally air tight by putting a layer of electrical tape between the can and lid.

They also don't look like ammo storage at all
>>
File: 185.jpg (778KB, 2125x1196px) Image search: [Google]
185.jpg
778KB, 2125x1196px
I keep my ammo in cans with desiccant. Usually in their boxes in they will fit, although my can that has my hoarded 5.56 has it all on clips. I used to keep them under my bed (pictured) back when I lived in an apartment. Now that we're in a house I have a lot more room in my closet, so it all stays in there. Any extra ammo that doesn't fit is either stored in x54r wooden crates with desiccant or in the cardboard box it shipped in if it's the extra stuff I take out plinking.
>>
File: How RPGanon stores ammo.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
How RPGanon stores ammo.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33057885
Well this is how rpganon does it
>>
>>33059256
>I keep my ammo in cans with desiccant.

Put the desiccant on the outside, you derp. Otherwise you're drawing in humidity...
>>
File: IMG_3471.jpg (932KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3471.jpg
932KB, 3264x2448px
>>33057885
Here's how I do it
>>
>>33057885
i bought two of those when acedemy had them on sale and free shipping. my only complaint is there are holes by the handles, i thought it would be waterproof.
but to answer your question, 50 cal ammo cans. easy to stack and organize, relatively cheap, and its comfy to see them all stacked up
>>
File: GunSafe&AmmoCloset.jpg (891KB, 1920x1564px) Image search: [Google]
GunSafe&AmmoCloset.jpg
891KB, 1920x1564px
cheap office cabinet works for me.
>>
File: IMG_20170220_112144.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170220_112144.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
In boxes in a crate
>>
>>33059828
this reminds me, i like to keep my ammo in the factory packaging. it takes up more space but makes it super easy to count and take to the range.
>>
>>33059580
cringe
>>
>>33057885
In reloaders boxes or plastic folgers coffee cans
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.