[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depriming tool?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Getting into reloading. Read up a bit, saw the consensus that you tumble the pistol ammo and let the progressive press deprime it, but tumble once, then deprime, then tumble again with steel pins and only then send the brass to the press if it is rifle and especially precision ammo.

What tool do I want to use for depriming the rifle ammo before tumbling it for the second time?
>>
>>33056487
Tumbling twice is really autistic.

The sizing die decaps (deprimes) the brass, or since you're starting with a progressive press (you probably shouldn't) you could get a universal decapper.
>>
File: depriming.gif (2MB, 375x250px) Image search: [Google]
depriming.gif
2MB, 375x250px
>>33056487
>>
>>33056533
>Tumbling twice is really autistic.
I can agree with this statement about pistol rounds (I don't think I'll ever need it for anything better than training for speed shooting at self defense distances), but I can see the point about precision ammo. Not that I'm gonna get into it much, but just investigating the options.

>starting with a progressive press (you probably shouldn't)
I absolutely hate to pay twice for anything. I've been through a lot of pastimes already, lots of them expensive, and figured out that if I do want something, I'd better do my homework and get The Very Last Thing I Will Ever Need. So far, it works for me.

>universal decapper
I assume you mean the tool that goes into one of the press' stations. How do you disable other stations when all you want to do is deprime?
>>
>>33056558
Slow and fucked up.
>>
>>33056602
>and figured out that if I do want something, I'd better do my homework and get The Very Last Thing I Will Ever Need. So far, it works for me.

I'd agree this applies well to stuff like reloading, because a lot of it is near-objective improvement than personal preference. There is plenty of stuff you want to try various kinds of first before you drop dosh on the thing you want.
>>
>>33056633
Just to put things into perspective: I shoot over 2.5k just 9mm rounds a month, plus some other calibers. I don't give a shit about single stage reloading equipment, it's just a matter of which progressive press I get.
>>
>>33056633
>try various kinds
like what?
>drop dosh
how much this shit is gonna cost?
>>
Buy a cheap little lee single stage and a universal decapping die. Remove the primer while the brass is still dirty, then just wet tumble once... It makes sizing a lot easier too.
>>
>tumble once, then deprime, then tumble again with steel pins
absolutely unnecessary.
if you want squeaky clean brass deprime then tumble with steel pins.
if you don't mind a bit of crud in the flash hole (you won't notice a difference) then tumble first and deprime later.
>>
>>33056487
the only reason you tumble twice with rifle brass is to clean off the sizing lube

use a decapping die to deprime
>>
>>33056487
I use the resizing die to deprime since it's built in
>>
Deprime with Frankford aresenal hand depriming tool while watching a show.
Swage primer pocket as necessary
Ultrasonic cleaner, 8-10 minutes. Just water and simple green.
Tumble
Prime
Powder
Bullet
Crimp
>>
QTDDTOT: where do y'all get your brass from.
In b4 "shoot loaded bullets"
>>
>>33058520
shoot loaded bullets or pick it up at the range after everyone leaves.
>>
>>33058520
>>33058520
Shoot loaded bullets :^)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.