[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, this idea just popped into my head and I was wondering if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Wristmountedflamethrower.png (487KB, 2212x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Wristmountedflamethrower.png
487KB, 2212x1280px
So, this idea just popped into my head and I was wondering if anyone could maybe tell me how plausible this design would be as a wrist-mounted flamethrower?
>>
>>33056071

Burned hand guaranteed
>>
>>33056080
OP here, let's assume you can lengthen the stiff part past the hand. I have also noted that this design does not contain a pilot light, which would be an easy fix
>>
>>33056071
i don't think you understand how flamethrowers work

1. where is the igniter or pilot?
2. where is the guard to prevent burns?
3. how are you ameliorating heat radiated from the projector?
4. how does the firing mechanism work to regulate flow of inert gas and fuel independently?
5. how does that wrist mount stay upright? wrists are flexible.
6. how is strain relief for the hose handled to prevent tearing?
7. what sort of safety mechanism exists to prevent spills or flameouts?
>>
>>33056071
It's barely even an idea, it's just a hose on your wrist.
>>
The best historical flamethrower was the American M2, which uses a two-stage trigger system (front trigger lights small flares that act as the primary combustion source, rear trigger releases the accelerant) so I really doubt your one-stage system is going to improve on that design even if you link the combustion source and accelerant.

Additionally, flamethrowers are only effective when used in short, repeated bursts due to the weight of fuel - and performing a continuous crank motion with the wrist, while a gross motor function, is very tedious compared to simple trigger work.

Basically aside from updates to the components the M2 can't really be improved upon much. If the design had to be redone the main concern would be elimination of weight and the addition of ballistic and flak shielding on the tank (the hose is already multi-layered and self-sealing in the event of shrapnel/flak damage)
>>
>>33056135
>>33056123
SMELL MY ASSHOLE FAGGOTS
>>
>>33056071

You'd prob get a lot more recoil than you would from just shooting a normal handgun, due to the barrel being up higher.

I'd still shoot it.
>>
>>33056132

I had an idea once.
>>
>>33056140
>8-year old posts crayon drawings and expects helicopter parent praise like the autistic sped that he is
>>
>>33056105
You don't want your pilot light or combustion source to constantly burn, it makes the danger of progressive fluid leak MUCH more dangerous than a temporary manually-controlled ignition.
Also, having the fuel hose come that close in to the nozzle leaves you almost no room to scale down the hose itself, meaning you get both worse exit pressure (less range) and you run the risk of having the stereotypical napalm drip from the tip of the nozzle all over your unguarded hand.
>>
>>33056170
Yeah because your parents didn't finger you or anything.....
>>
>>33056148
>recoil
I think you might be retarded.
>>
>>33056224
flamethrowers, like fire hoses, have noticeable felt recoil because it's an expanding jet of fuel with a carrier (which adds significant mass to the expanding gas).
>>
>>33056071
Where's the heat going to go?
Your hand.
Where's the drip of burning/half burned fuel going to go?
Your hand.
Where's the melted pipe going to go when it inevitably melts?
Your hand.
>>
>>33056071
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>33056071
if you get any kind of leak in the line, you will like on fire and burn to death
>>
>>33056224
>flinging a heavy mass of pressurized fluid out of a hose doesn't produce significant recoil
water bazookas kick like a fucking mule.
>>
>>33056071
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_ogU4Jzt4
>>
>>33056071
go back to /DIY/ boba fett
>>
This is an adult board. Take your kiddyshit questions to /b/.
>>
>>33056071
Like Jango and Boba Fett from Star Wars?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_ogU4Jzt4

Colin furze did this shit a while ago
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.