[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't into stopping power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0639.jpg (206KB, 1065x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0639.jpg
206KB, 1065x1600px
A small round (a .22, for example) is going to stop someone in their tracks when you shoot them, right? So why have a larger gun, when a smaller one is more efficient and gets the job done? There's a lower fatality rate, and if they keep coming, you just shoot them again and again until they stop.
Pic unrelated
>>
rimfire a shit.
>>
>>33054671
>A small round (a .22, for example) is going to stop someone in their tracks when you shoot them, right
no, atleast not consistently
>>
>>33054671
bigger gun clips = more ammo
bigger bullet = less shots needed (if you cant shoot the nigger in the head)
bigger gun = makes the bad guy's pants into brown jeans
i love 22, but if you shoot a crazed meth head 50 times in the belly he wont stop charging.
take a fukin class.
>>
>>33054732
You have absolutely no experience in this. So how do you know?
>>
>>33054744
>no one in the history of ever has continued moving after being shot
>>
>>33054766
That's not what I asked.
>>
>>33054671
I've seen .22LR at 10yds skip off a groundhog's skull.

No way I'm shooting .22 at Jamal with his thick, monkey skull.
>>
>>33054766
>videogames
>>
>>33054777

EMT here. We see ppl who got center shot with a 22. They're usually stay ding and doing just fine.
>>
>>33054777
GOOGLE
O
O
G
L
E
>>
>>33054787
>I've seen .22LR at 10yds skip off a groundhog's skull.
no you haven't
>>
>>33054796

Standing and doing just fine*
>>
>>33054787
this
I've literally watched .22s bounch off armadillos, not even exaggerating
>>
>>33054796
Also EMT, can verify. It's nasty but not that bad.
>>
>>33054809
Different anon, but I've skipped CBs off 3 separate cats skulls before. Then I stopped being a nigger and got better ammo.
>>
>>33054744
I don't have personal experience but I've read FBI and military case studies and watched my fair share of liveleak. My suggestion is to educate your self before you make retarded threads and bring this kind of embarrassment on you and your family.
>>
>>33054838
You watch videos of people getting shot with .22s? Why?
>>
>>33054796
>>33054833
Neither of you are EMTs
>>
>>33054671

>A big guy (for you) comes at you with a length of pipe
>You draw your .22 and start plugging
>He covers the distance between you two and smashes you in the head with the pipe
>He collapses and dies
>You spend the rest of your life as a vegetable

It's not about "will it kill am attacker" it's about "will it kill them BEFORE they make first contact. A slash with a knife is weeks of healing. Maybe permanent loss of feeling, extensive nerve damage.

A deer is roughly human weight, a deer can run 100 yards after taking a round to the heart. A human is not much different, they may die in the end, bit it's harder to stop one than in the movies, add in PCP and a human is very dangerous.
>>
>>33054932
>PCP
It's like I'm really in 1995
>>
>>33054809
see
>>33054817
>>
>>33054671
Theres a clip out there somewhere of a homeless man rescuing hostages from a gunman on church steps. The hostages get away while the homeless guy wrestles gunman. Police open fire and homeless guy also gets shot like 17 times. Takes the guy several minutes to die. Even manages to walk around a bit.

Stopping power is a meme.
.380 caused an issue in phlipines where and guy woukd get shot and still be able to fire back a few times. Stopping power only matters if a guy also has a gun. And then its a crap shoot pretty much no matter what at close range self defence.
>>
>>33054671
>A small round (a .22, for example) is going to stop someone in their tracks when you shoot them, right?
Not even .45acp can be counted on to stop someone in their tracks. Fact is, handguns are pretty shit at killing people.
Look. I shot a doe broadside with a .243 Winchester. It's not the most powerful rifle round, but leagues more powerful than any practical handgun round one would carry for defense. She immediately broke into a full sprint, leaped a fence in an effortless bound, and ran another forty yards before succumbing. When field dressing the doe, we found I had pulped her heart. She had accomplished her flight without a beating heart in the five to seven seconds of consciousness she had left.

Instead of a 120 pound doe, imagine a 200 pound man and what he can accomplish with the time he has left before succumbing to his wounds. I'm not saying your .22 is off limits for self-defense. Many people carry .22s. My mother, an avid hunter and shooting competitor carries .22 magnum hollow points in a snub-nose Taurus. What I'm saying is you should consider important factors before making your choice. Don't assume bullets are magic. Upon brandishing your .22, most criminal opportunists will say "Fuck that!" and fuck right off. Most muggers and bangers aren't prepared to be shot; a .22 to the gut would result in "FUCK! THAT FUCKING HURTS LIKE FIRE! AH FUCK ME!" But an enraged, intoxicated, or determined attacker set on hurting you personally may be able to accomplish much of their goal despite three .22 rounds in their torso.

If after careful consideration, you decide a .22 is right for you so be it. But please, don't skip that careful consideration.
>>
>>33054949
PCP use is still alive and well
>>
>>33055053
No it's not
>>
>>33054739
"clips"
>>
>>33054809
Depending on barrel length, angle, particular cartridge, that's totally believable. I've read multiple cases of .22 or .25 rounds doming people, even point blank, and lodging between the scalp and the skull or even traveling the curve of the skull and exiting a different point of the scalp if the shot is oblique enough.
>>
>>33054913
>>33054809
Why even make a thread asking a question if you're going to ignore every answer
>>
>>33054671
OP is noguns faggot. Don't feed the trolls.
>>
>>33054913

Who the fuck lies about being an EMT? Nobody kiddo, fucking nobody.

Not like they said emergency medicine doctor at Detroit Recieving. Which is my current rotation, not that you would believe.

People walk in with all sorts of gunshots. A lot of them drive themselves. One guy even parked his car in the general parking structure and popped out of an elevator on the wrong floor dripping blood everywhere.

This is why I don't trust 9mm even
>>
>>33055056
Niggers call it Sherm now
>>
>>33054835
why were you shooting cats?
>>
>>33057312
They're retarded animals that deserve to die and I'm happy to make that happen.
>>
What If I hit them 4-5 or 8-10 times IE high capacity squirrel gun
>>
>>33057374
Then they bleed out very shortly after raping your skull in.

Use a real caliber.
>>
>>33057402
>get hit by 50 rounds of 22.lr
>alive
>>
>>33057372
isn't that some kind of psychopathic tendency?
not judging just you know suggesting maybe getting some help or something.
>>
>>33054671
It's like throwing a rock sometimes throwing a bigger one will make them flinch in pain harder or kill them faster.

It's all about placement but it's preference.
>>
>>33056160
Thats why you have to shoot them when they're down and make sure they're not just playing dead.
>>
>>33057457
Oh, you have an MG-42 in .22LR that can put out 50 rounds in less than a second?

No you don't?

Then use a real round.

Also

>Reliably feeding 50 rounds in rapid fire
>.22LR

You must pick.
>>
>>33054817
I've shot lots of armadillos with .22lr and it's always penetrated their shell just fine. Same with snapping turtle shells, wild pig skulls, and many layers of denim.
>>
>>33058201
>works on my machineā„¢
>>
You'd be surprised how much punishment the human body can handle, ESPECIALLY under the influence of drugs.
>>
>>33057551
Hold your horses there, John wick
>>
if .22 is an effective defensive round, how come not a single police force in the world issues it for their officer's sidearms?
>>
>>33057312
They're either feral or killing my chickens.
>>
I feel like its one guy making all these stupid threads that seem like bait and he juat replies to people who tell him hes wrong.
>>
>>33054739

You've never taken a course.
>>
>>33057523
Not that anon but feral cats can be worse than raccoons and they breed like rabbits
>>
>>33054838
This
>>
>>33054787
I have literally seen a .22 bounce off the head of a snail at 10ft 4in away. No joke.
>>
>>33054791
>baiting
>>
>>33055056
>being this naive
>>
>>33058201
>he hunts wild hogs with 22lr
No you don't.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.