[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

innawoods in canada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (129KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 720x1280px
i have a smle and i wanna go shoot shit and camp in the woods. is this legal in canada, more specifically ontario?
>>
>>33052941
But if you kill something, it wins
>>
>>33052941
Depends, you can only shoot a rifle above .223 calibre outside of ranges during deer/moose season with a valid liscence. As long as you have a varmint liscence anything 223 and under is a go as long as youre a certain distance away from any roads/ dwellings
>>
>>33053061
you sure that's ontario? i can't find anything about varmint licenses for ontario
>>
>>33053090
I don't know as i'm in New Brunswick, i would assume it's the same everywhere but as federal laws vary that's for you to research
>>
File: IMG_1607_censored (2).jpg (404KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1607_censored (2).jpg
404KB, 1296x864px
As long as your on crown land or have landowner permission you're good to go.
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 1136x640px
>>33053132
Yeah no, Ive got a private range on my land in ontario just below algonquin park. can shoot all calibers, whenever Id like all year around.

The caviat is you piss off the neighbours by scaring everything away while theyre hunting, but its perfectly legal.
>>
Buddy; We have a Canada General here for a reason. Post there, and friendly Canadians will help you out. As for your Question, I'm a Saskfag so it's legal innawoods here as long as it's not
A)National/Provincial Park land
or
B) You have permission from said owners of land
or
C) You own land.
or
D) There is Crown Land you can use.
>>
File: IMG_1352.jpg (505KB, 1168x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1352.jpg
505KB, 1168x864px
>>33053708
Nice Mauser. DOU, waffenampts intact?
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 640x1136px
>>33053774
Teehee, its actually Israeli. Reichsaddlers are intact though. BYF 43 reciever. The things basically factory new.

You'res is gorgeous too, whats the make?
>>
>>33053172
This
>>33053061
This guy's wrong
>>
File: IMG_1138.jpg (280KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1138.jpg
280KB, 1296x864px
>>33053835
DOU 43 which is Czech. All waffenampts are good on the rifle and P38.
>>
>>33053762
This, I'm in BC and you can shoot anywhere on crown land and private property ( with permission from the owner)
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 618x932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 618x932px
>>33053875
Beauty, non-RC k98ks are a rare find these days in canada. I cant help but cringe when you see gunstores moving beat up old RCs at 800 a piece
>>
File: 102_2699.jpg (1MB, 2832x2128px) Image search: [Google]
102_2699.jpg
1MB, 2832x2128px
>>33053955
Nice collection. I've got to lay out my arsenal and take a new pic but I've been trying to round out my ww2 collection over the last year.
>>
So. As usual canadian laws are kind of tricky.

So legally shooting is fine as long as you are, more than 300m from a residence, not shooting from or across the travelled portion of a roadway, have a reasonable backstop and are sure of your target, have some way of storing ammo seperately (reasonably) from rifle, don,t carry or leave gun loaded and are in a crown land area where hunting is permitted.

You can use ontario crown land use atlas to check.

Where it gets tricky is where the mnr is concerned. The mnr is trying to stop poaching and can and will charge somebody for poaching if they have readon to suspect you are. Ways to avoid this is to make sure that, you don't have any camo or game calls, no supplies that are strictly for hunting purposes and that you have targets with you during trip in and out and that you have a target area set up near your camp.

Other things to avoid is littering fines. Pick up your brass/camp garbage. A nasty mnr officer is more likely to show up pissed off and on edge if he hears gun fire. If he arrives to a messy camp with garbage and brass laying around you will get a fine.

What i do and what i reccomend is.
Get a small game license.
This way even if you are target shooting or carrying for bear defence it makes you perfectly legal to carry a loaded gun through the woods for the entire camping season anywhere in ontario. Small game caliber restrictions only apply during moose/deer/bear seasons so for the summer you are good to go. Onow your hunting regs and if a game warden doesn't buy your target shooting excuse or catches you walking around with a loaded .303 you can show him your license and say "well, i'm acting within the law, i'm not hunting but if you insist then fine, here i'm legal to hunt skunks and unless you see me carrying a dead animal other than a skunk i'm perfectly legal to carry on."
>>
>>33053132
thank fuck your shitass laws from the maritimes don't apply across the country
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.