[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitive shooting thread anyone ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4406.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4406.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Today was the 125th washingtons memorial shoot at Ben Avery in Arizona. Anybody attend ? Or feel free to post photos or stories of competitive shooting
>>
File: IMG_4412.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4412.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I ended up with a 136/300 but for my first match, I'm alright with it. There were too many runner up trophies (Dillon Ammo box with a plaque) so they made up some categories. Someone called out worst rifle, another said what about the mosin guy. I ended up with a prize for most handicapped rifle used (m39) and got a box for .223
>>
>>33052483
I'm also almost certain one of you fucks was there. The guy squadded with me showed up with an sks, plate carrier, and an ACH helmet. You know who you are.
>>
>>33052458
25yo, been shooting sporting clays competitively for 12 years. Was a member of LU Shotgun Team..13x national collegiate champs.

been to several states and have shot all types of shotguns from several nations ranging in price from $300-$35,000

>le reddit AMA
>>
Trying to get into speed shooting, mostly just to develop the skill.
Wish there was some 3gun places around Ocala though.
>>
File: 1484719786811.png (544KB, 863x807px) Image search: [Google]
1484719786811.png
544KB, 863x807px
>quebecnigger
>99% of comps here are three-gun and girly ISSF shit

I just want a tactical shotgun match
>>
>>33052560
LU ?
>>
>>33052727
Lindenwood University

Olympic Men's Skeet Medalist Vincent Hancock studied/shot there as well as 2016 Olympic Women's skeet competitor Morgan Kraft
>>
File: IMG_0253.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0253.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Here's the m39 I used
>>
Someone please reply the success of this thread is directly related to my self esteem
>>
>>33054248
Mane as someone who wants to get into competitive shooting I want it to take off just as much as you do but most of /k/ is either noguns or gearfaggots who can't even shoot, don't expect too much.
>>
File: IMG_3975.png (734KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3975.png
734KB, 1334x750px
>>33054295
>>
I've been doing idpa and uspa for about a year now. I'm about to start 3 gun once my benelli comes in!
>>
>>33054295
I'm
>>33052560

what kind of shooting do you want to do? Competition isn't popular on /k/ because there's generally the price entry barrier and it requires socialization
>>
>>33054716
Pro tip:if you want to be silent in shooting sports shoot skeet. Motherfuckers give you the death glare of you aren't a mouse
>>
>>33054716
>what kind of shooting do you want to do?
My options are limited to shotgun stuff for now. Maybe sharpshooting eventually if I actually end up gitting gud at shooting rifles.
>>
>>33054729
it varies by shooter and environment. At tournaments for any game with money on the line, ya...shut up. It's respectful. I was at the state sporting clays shoot and I'm trying to focus shooting AA class for $1,500 and these D class assholes are reving their atvs and yucking it up.

>>33054748
trap is cheap, easy and boring a fuck. Skeet is a bit harder, but the targets are always the same just like trap.

Sporting Clays is by far the best, but unfortunately the most expensive depending on where you are. A roujnd of skeet (25clays) for me is $5, but 50 sporting clays is $15.

last registered NSCA tourney I entered was a $250 entry fee not to mention travel expenses, ammo, and other.
>>
>>33055051
Lord do I understand what you mean. I got state champion for az in sporting clays in 2014. The fucking dicks in golf carts deserve the rope.
>t.OP
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.