[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one go about washing body armor plate carriers? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (404KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404KB, 1280x960px
How does one go about washing body armor plate carriers? I've worn mine out to a few shooting sessions and now it smells like sweat and gun powder....just remove the plates and throw it in the wash?
>>
>>33051785
Why would you do that?
Sweat and gun powder are the two best smells in the entire world....

That's like wanting to not smell coffee when you wake up...

Besides, dirty rigs are best rigs.
>>
scrub with a rag and hot water, let dry, perferably outside
>>
Would use tide or any kind of soap? Or just hot water? Thanks, OP
>>
>>33051785
Soak in a bucket of warm water with a tiny bit of soap added. Hang air dry.
>>
>>33051785
Gear can be hard on washing machines. If it's really dirty enough, just hose it out or go to one of those self-serve carwashes and use the high powered hose there.

To be honest though, in 8 years of the military, the only time I ever throughly cleaned armor or pouches like that was when I was getting ready to give it back to central issue. For functionality a good hard brush off and maybe pulling the plates out and smacking the vest on the ground is more than enough to get the dirt off.

Gear is supposed to get used. Also, if pic related is your setup it's awful.
>>
People wash their rigs?
>>
>>33051785
don't put it through a washer, and don't use regular detergent. Use Sport wash laundry detergent. You want stuff that won't leave odors, residues, and UV brighteners. that make you glow in night vision sights. You could probably let it soak in a bathtub of cold water with a bit of the detergent I listed. Also take a pic of your rig and post it in a GQ thread and prepare to get wrecked.
>>
>>33051785
I've never washed my plate carrier and I've used it a ton. Just hit it with a hose if it's really dirty and give it a scrub.
>>
File: 7eahxs7s.jpg (27KB, 541x569px) Image search: [Google]
7eahxs7s.jpg
27KB, 541x569px
>>33052076
people take care of their gear?
>>
>>33053307
There is a difference between taking care of gear to keep it functional and autisming over the fact that it's got a little wear and incidental grime. OP sounds like the kind of person who goes into hysterics because his carry gun has holster wear.
>>
>>33053609
I think the issue is less do to with grime and more to do with the smell.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.