[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Österreich.png (172KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Österreich.png
172KB, 2000x1333px
As you might have guessed I'm from Austria. My grandfather is a hunter and I'll eventually inherit his rifles and shotguns but it would be a shame to just sell them on or let them rust away in a corner.
So, experiences or tips on how to get into guns/shooting in Europe? I know this'll be different depending on the country, and I've already done some research, but I'm not sure where to start exactly. If a fellow Austrian browses /k/ then that would be ideal obviously.

I know that I could legally own category D, C and B weapons depending on the bureaucratic nonsense I'm willing to put up with, so that's most things except for shotguns with a very short barrel, pump action shotguns, fully automatic rifles, etc.

What I'm worried about are additional costs for storage, transportation, that sort of thing.

How/where do I learn proper maintenance? Again, how much do I need to expect maintenance to add to the overall cost?

First rifle/shotgun/handgun for someone completely new to this?

Also, do I have to just deal with hearing damage over time? Playing music is another hobby of mine and hearing damage would obviously be detrimental to that.

As for shooting clubs/ranges, there seem to be some near me. One of them is from the Heeressportverein (military sports club, but it's open to the public) the rest are privately owned. Again, no clue where to start here.

Thanks for any replies.
>>
>>33051164
aint that were Hitler was from right we beat u fuckers in a war haha bet u wont try shit with us again hey motherfucker

USA USA USA
>>
Speak to your local gun shop owner. I lived in Austria for two years and mine were very helpful (in Feldkirch, Vorarlberg and various shops and ranges I visited across the country). They even put up with my terrible German and stupid questions, so they'll be happy to help you. This was decades ago, but I've returned since and they're as friendly as ever.

Did you not do conscription?

>How/where do I learn proper maintenance?
Most weapons will have maintenance guides available from the manufacturer. Check their website.

>Also, do I have to just deal with hearing damage over time?
Not at all. Acquire some hearing protection. It's very good these days.

>As for shooting clubs/ranges, there seem to be some near me. One of them is from the Heeressportverein (military sports club, but it's open to the public) the rest are privately owned. Again, no clue where to start here.
Joining a club is always a good idea, particularly when you're new to the sport. They will usually have club weapons that you can use, particularly on open days.

You should also ask your grandfather. He's looked after and used those weapons for years, probably decades, so he'll know them inside and out.
>>
File: 1483653347500.jpg (1MB, 864x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1483653347500.jpg
1MB, 864x1296px
Hi fellow Austrian
I'm going to get myself the Waffenbesitzkarte in the near future sonI dug into the matter of our regulations.

I advise you to look up intro threads on the websites pulverdampf and iwoe.
They have all the info you need.
Additionally, you can look up the individual laws that regulate this kinda stuff here.

Oh and by the way, if your grandfather is a hunter, you can keep all the weapons because they are probably Kategorie C and D. You only need a gun safe.
>>
>>33051226
>Did you not do conscription?
They refused me due to some health issues that meant it wasn't safe for me.
Thanks for the tips, I guess a trip to a gun shop near me would be the best start.
>>
>>33051164

first and most obviously, you'll need to know which guns you'll be inheriting and what(if any) permits you'll need to have in order to inherit them.

You'll also need to know any relevant laws about storage/transport.

as far as your hearing, best bet is foam earplugs + ear muffs. I've been shooting shotguns competitively for 12 years with inadequate ear protection and I already have minor hearing loss and tinnitus. Eye protection is just as important.

Basic maintenance and cleaning/disassembly specific to each gun can be learned on YouTube or other sites.

If you don't like hunting, I strongly reccomend learning skeet or sporting clays. Shotgun sports are international pasttimes and can be found everywhere from USA, England, Peru, Saudi Arabia and most nations in between

>TL;DR
Google will be your best friend
>>
>>33051206
>0% American
>100% Ameriboo
>>
>>33051164
wenns nur um schrotflinten und repetiergewehre geht gibts keinen bürokratischen aufwand. lediglich eine meldung im zentralen waffenregister auf deinen namen (macht jeder waffenhändler für ca. 10€ pro waffe)
lagerung sollte schon vom opa gegeben sein. soll heißen wenn er mehrere gewehre hat, dann hat er sicher auch einen Schrank dafür, einfach den nehmen, ansonsten einen versperrbaren schrank besorgen (muss kein tresor sein)
wegen Waffenpflege einfach auf youtube oder in foren schauen, die dazu benötigten mittel (öl, reiniger, bürsten,...) kosten kein vermögen
Guten Gehörschutz kaufen und tragen, dann wird man ned taub.
würde einen waffenführerscheinkurs machen für die basics und dann zum nähesten schießstand der Gäste schießen lässt, der rest ergibt sich von selbst, sind meist nette leute auf den ständen die dir sicher helfen.
>>
>>33051164
>instandhaltung der Waffe
Youtube und der Preis von eine Flasche/Sprühdose Öl

>Anfänger
Is egal aber für die Handfeuerwaffe brauchst du die WBK was kostet und Zeit dauert.

>Gehörschaden
Immer Ganzohrgehörschützer tragen.

>Schütenvereine und Schießstände
in welcher Gegend bist du?
>>
>>33051255
>>33051712
>>33051762
Vielen Dank soweit, scheint ja alles wesentlich unkomplizierter zu sein als gedacht.
>welche Gegend
Wien, idealerweise nördlich der Donau.
>>
>>33051811
Dann besorg dir die WBK und fahr zum Seidler auf der Heiligenstädterstraße 67, da kannst Handfeuerwaffe schießen ohne mitglied in einem Verein zu sein. Die meisten anderen sind exklusiv für mitglieder in Wien.
>>
>>33051811
Beschussamt Süßenbrunn geht auch, is aber etwas außerhalb
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.