[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My SKS blew up. Seems like a pierced primer with Golden Tiger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1477764918829.jpg (105KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1477764918829.jpg
105KB, 1080x1920px
My SKS blew up.

Seems like a pierced primer with Golden Tiger ammo. The firing pin broke off at the tip, and I know I kept the thing well cleaned and tested the firing pin for sticking. Was a really nice M59/66.

Anybody have a similar experience? What did you do? I'm going to at least need to replace the bolt.
>>
>>33047798
cyka blyat another americana pig dog hit by our booby trapped death traps xaxaxaxa
>>
>>33047798
call the manufacturer? idk
>>
>>33047798
>old military surplus
Nothing of value was lost

Stop being poor and get a real gun next time
>>
>>33047798
Can't you just get a new firing pin?

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/firing-pins/sks-enhanced-firing-pin-prod24637.aspx
>>
>>33047836
KEK
>>
>>33047836
Underrated
>>
>>33047868
Just get a regular firing pin, not one of the spring-loaded ones like this guy posted.

The tiny little spring is shit, and after a few hundred rounds it'll break off and jam the pin in place.
>>
>>33047947
Yeah, I was thinking that. Everything else looks fine. The springs get kinda jammed with gunk on the new ones so I'll stick with the normal one
>>
>>33047836
someone post the cap
>>
>>33047798
post bolt face
>>
>>33050657
I actually was going to send my bolt and carrier to Murray's. I suspect it's the bolt. I won't be home till Tuesday to check.

After a lot more research, this was really just a little pierced primer that got into the bolt. What I thought was a "broken" firing pin was probably just a piece of the primer stuck in the FP hole of the bolt face. I have an M39 Mosin-Nagant but never dealt with pierced primers before, so this was a new (and somewhat frightening) concept to me, but now I realize the solution's pretty cheap.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.