[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ FITNESS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 10

File: HABBENING.gif (23KB, 310x760px) Image search: [Google]
HABBENING.gif
23KB, 310x760px
alright faggots, time for an operator fitness thread

> what do you do to keep yourself in good physical condition?
> are you in good enough condition to operate operationally?
> did you fall for the "if you're too muscular you lose mobility/agility" meme?

how do you expect to survive a civil war/habbening/warzone if you can't run a mile, haul heavy gear across difficult terrain, or be prepared for a drawn out conflict that requires constant movement? how do you fare in the Army PT test?
>>
>>33047007
>Hike and spend time in the woods as much as I can.
>Try to eat good. I love food but at my age I don't need as much anymore and try to keep my weight under 210. I'm 6'2"
>Keep up on boxing and jui jitsu.
>>
File: 1365522055144.jpg (66KB, 677x410px) Image search: [Google]
1365522055144.jpg
66KB, 677x410px
>>33047007
Not OP but don't want this thread to die

I've lost 50 pounds now, still considering somewhat overweight (190lbs-5'9") but I want to get in shape for the habbendings to come
>>
>>33048827
Good job on the weight control
>>
I weigh 120lbs and can't gain weight for shit.
>>
>>33049079
How old are you?
>>
I was an Endurance Training Leader in the British Army, I left and went to the Police.

I managed to keep my running up, I usually do 37 miles a week, 3x9, and I also managed to start a small sideline in personal running coach for those ladies that want to lose a few pounds. It has benefits!

Other than that, I just watch what I eat.

When I left the army, I had a month off before going in to the police, and since I've been in, I've had to be careful - the shift patterns really fucks your metabolism. I sat for seven years at 13 stone, dropping to 11 during Jungle Warfare Training in Belize, but since joining the Police I've climbed to 14 and a half stone, and struggle to keep it down.

I switched to a smoothie every day for breakfast and lunch - oats, a fruit (blueberries / banana, etc) and milk and it's filling and healthy - I've started shedding the pounds with it.

Basically, since the army when we would run anything from 45 to 60 miles a week plus physical hard work, I've halved my fitness and my eating pattern has gone to shit.

However, can still operate and currently stand for 14 foot pursuits with 13 captures, the one that got away simply had too big a head start and lots of turns and corners to lose me in.

That'll do for me.
>>
>>33049086
>>
>>33049105

27, not 37. Muh maths.
>>
>>33047007
I drive a row truck. I tug and pull cables ropes and cars all day. I also go to the gym each day.
>>
>>33049119

That's mental. That's my name too, and with the two 'l's. Hey brother.
>>
>>33049079
Height? Eat lots of peanut butter, drink milk (calorie dense foods in general) and lift
>>
>>33049115
Assuming you don't have medical conditions preventing you from adding weight and your metabolism can handle it, you just gotta amp up your intake. What's your daily diet and activities?
>>
>>33049079
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>33049079
You'll get there buddy.

Just don't give up.
>>
>>33049150
I don't eat much, I however drink 3 tbsp of oil after every meal, that amounts to 9 tbsp a day, i.e. 1000 kcal.
>>
>>33049145
5'10
>>
>>33047007
>how do you expect to survive a civil war/habbening/warzone
>"if you're too muscular you lose mobility/agility

It seems counterproductive to be a calorie-inhaling muscly dude in a situation where all that food might not be available
>>
>>33047007
Lifting mostly to look good naked, but I also mix in things for general strength and fitness so it's not completely useless muscle. Can jog like 6 miles and not be completely dead, can sprint for like 250 yards and not be dead. A good thing to google and do its like art of manliness "Be able to save your own life" or something. Its just a good random measure of general fitness and things you should be able to do.
>>
>>33049503
Stop doing that...You shouldn't be drinking oils of any kind unless it's a small amount of olive oil for medical.

Try this man...
Change your diet to the fallowing foods and try to store more food in the day.
>Cheese
>Pastas
>Chicken
>Green olives
>Apple's
>Bananas
>Salami
>Potatoes, sweet potatoes.

And take a vitamin gummy every morning.

You're going to have to be more active. Push ups, shadow box, lift weights even if they're not a lot. You're goal is to stir up that system of yours so it ask for for fuel.
>>
>>33049557
Don't kid yourself, I can tell just by the way you are talking you will never be a big muscly dude anyways, but you should be able to do 15-20 pullups, 100 pushups, do like 25 full dips, job 4 miles, sprint like 200 yards
>>
>>33049079
Eat more, you aren't special, you don't have a high metabolism you just don't eat enough. Football coach had D line eating ice cream, eating PB and J sandwiches, and drinking whole milk all the time. You need to increase your caloric intake. That is literally eat. Eat even if you aren't hungry
>>
>>33047007
Can do 100 pushups in under 2 mins, roughly the same with sit ups, 10-15 pullups on a good day, 9:20-9:40 1.5 mile run time with some small hills on the route. Do muay thai too but not as much lately.
>>
>>33049667
Not him. 100 push ups straight would be no joke. Fucking hard.
>>
>>33049105
Alright mate (if youre still about), any tips for getting in the best shape possible? Got my phase 1 soon
>>
>>33049734
oh fuck yeah, it took me forever to get there lol. I started by doing like 3 sets of 40 pushups A DAY, but you can get there pretty quick if you just stick with it
>>
>>33047007
>run every 2 days, lift on off days
>probably, ran 2.8 miles in 24 minutes and felt like operating afterwards
>not yet

Canuck here, 30 pushups consistently but been a while since I did those instead of bench, easy situp counts and I'd have to run faster.

Overall I think I would be able to do work if I continue getting fitter.
>>
Trying to train my body to handle training daily; working towards 100 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pullups and 3 miles under 18min.
Biggest obstacle are going to be my weak elbows.
>>
>>33049750
I'll have to hit push ups again. Right now my daily is some bag work, use a 75 lb dumbbell with both hands to push upward while standing, some curls with the 50lb. I'll get my leg work in on the bag.
>>
>>33049772
I hope you are giving yourself rest days once in a while
>>
>>33049661
What about coconut oil in cooking? peanut butter is essentially peanut oil.
>>
Lift everyday and keep a good diet. Death before cardio. Seeya in church, being the family.
>>
I do 25x4 push up, sit ups, squats, calf raises, and pull ups a couple times a week. Rock climbing a couple times a week and I ride my bike everywhere. Things I could improve on are eating more healthy and stop smoking.
>>
>>33047007

My work outs change. I been into fitness many yrs before I got into guns. Was always training for some strong man competition, and long distance runs (currently at a 5 mile run at around 23min mark)

So I
Squat.
Deadlift.
Bench press (inclinde, decline, etc)
Farmers walk.
Pull ups.
Dips.
Curls.
Skull crushers.
Leg press.
Butterfly.
Calve raises.etc

I'm always changing up my routine after every two to three months, change my reps/sets, the amount of weight, etc. Just always keeping that muscle shock going.

Also hike/camp alot too, usually have about 60 to 70 pounds in the rucksack (this also includes firearms and ammo, usually mid length axe, so decent amount of weight there)

Right now I'm training for another strongman, so calorie intake daily is around 8k, been hitting the gym for close to five hours a day.

Before all this, I was a hardcore druggie. I can say that lifting truly saved my life.
>>
>>33051117
I was a hardcore tweaker/ alcoholic/ all round degenerate from 15-20. What was your poison anon?
>>
>>33051160

Alcohol, cocaine and was usually on acid and other ball tripping drugs. Started to dick around with heroine until I had an OD, EMTs was able to get me going again. That is what I hit rock bottom, that OD woke me up, I have not touched any thing since. That happen day of my 17th bday.
>>
>>33051117
> 5 mile run in 23 minutes

Tell me your secrets Flash
>>
>>33051117
>5 miles
>23 minutes

The olympic record for a 10k is 26 minutes...
You're telling me that you're on par with them, if not better?
>>
>>33051282

I'm 6'6" and I'm mostly leg. So my avg step is a lot longer than most ppl. So I'm able to clear distance much faster from that. When I first started working out, my work out was nothing but running. Slowly my stamina increased, so I can push my running harder and faster. I did that up until I was like 23. So six yrs of nothing but that really (I did weighted running, I just consider that running) Around that time is when I started weight lifting, been lifting since then, I'm now 32.
>>
>>33047007
>home bouldering wall
>tons of body weight exercise
>>
I jack off, drink and play videogames everyday.
>>
>>33051335

10k is not 5 miles. 10k its 6.5 and it's being run by ppl who are usually much shorter than I. Avg time for a runner for 10k is about 35 mins. Those are runners who don't take running as serious as I do, who are more or less just sprinting.
>>
>>33051372
Shit man, fair play. Any tips for shutting down the negative mental aspects telling you to slow down or stop? Do you run consistent long distance routes and just gradually increase distance/speed or do you change it up, i.e intervals and fartlek?
>>
>>33051428
>Avg time for a runner for 10k is about 35 mins

That's not an average time. That's rapid, exceedingly quick. If you're running sub 40 you're fast and 35 minutes is a blistering pace.

If you are running 5 miles in 23 minutes then you are 1 minute and 20 seconds off the fastest 5 mile ever ran. I would know because I saw it done at an event in 1997.
>>
>>33051372
No one 6'6 is running 5 miles in 23 minutes.

The absolute 5 mile record is something like 21 minutes, ran by an Ethiopian distance runner.
>>
>>33047007
Crossfit 3 times a week. Was doing regular gym for while before that.

Barely 5'9", was almost 280lbs last July. Decided to get my shit together.

Down to about 245 by October. Made the switch to Crossfit and now I'm down another 20lbs or so.

I have a knee condition too, so the extra extra leg work was hard at first. Now it's paying off big time.
>>
I need to improve. Turned 30 and I average a 10 minute mile. I was never a good runner, so I'm having to learn and train late in life.
>>
Come on now, /k/, where are your fucking gainz? Why y'all sad fat fucks not working out hard and slaying mad pussy?
>>
>>33052889
Because most of /k/ are either obese basement dwellers or milfags going for endurance build.
Being a musclehead who cant run a hundred metres is pretty retarded, and any 'pussy' who isnt a ratchet whore will know that.
>>
>>33053012
It's all a balance...
>>
>>33053026
I think most guys wanting to be endurance fit or military fit will consider the training stack as:
Running/cardio>calisthenics>weights

Not that you cant do all 3, but theres no point being 6 foot tall and 5 foot wide if you cant manipulate your own bodyweight and get out of breath walking up stairs. So yes, all in a balance.
>>
>>33047007
> PT with my unit, lift after work
> Yes
> No, still not as muscular as I want to be

>>33049079
Eat more. Eat smaller portions at first, then slowly add more to your plate. Your stomach probably isn't used to eating a lot.
>>
>>33050979
Sorry for the late reply. Been drinking. Beer will help.lol

As for oils just cook with them. Just trust me man, you're not gonna see results until you feed your body the fuel it needs.

You need the calories/starches. You need fats. You need your vitamins. You need to eat like a kind to pack on weight. And as I said, don't just sit around. You need to grow. Your body needs to want more.
>>
>>33049503
Just eat more food you dingus. If you want to boost your caloric intake with that kind of thing eat more PB and J sammichs and put nutella on everything
>>
This thread is retarded. A bunch of fat little videogame dorks making up lifting stats on 4chan. You are all so fucking dumb.
>>
File: 1480396707334.jpg (172KB, 961x961px) Image search: [Google]
1480396707334.jpg
172KB, 961x961px
Just started hitting the gym again. 6'8'' 215lbs or so. Some random weight lifting and then the exercise bike for 30 minutes (pls no laugh)

tfw so tall no matter how hard I work out I always look like a noodle... feelsbadman
>>
Everyone here who is interested in getting a big stronger should pay money to have a personal trainer at least for a little bit. 90% of the people I see in the gym can't even do a curl right, even the big dudes. Go on /fit/ and read about proper diet. It's not that bad.
>>
>>33055874
>6'8"
stfu kid
>>
File: weights.png (240KB, 552x497px) Image search: [Google]
weights.png
240KB, 552x497px
>>33055874
Eat more, lift more. Supplements.
>>33055872
Nothing to make up man. The weight is what counts...
>>
File: k.jpg (283KB, 962x1680px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
283KB, 962x1680px
>>33055914
>Supplements
Been drinking lots of protein shakes. It's confusing trying to drink powder while I'm trying to lose ~5lbs (my gut from shit food). Like >>33055901 said I should probably look at some better nutrition stuff.

>>33055909
sry I'm actually 6'9'' I just dislike saying 69 to people
>>
5'11"

SW: 279 lbs Dec '16
CW: 210 lbs

I've really fucked up the last few months though, I could have lost more.
>>
>>33055972
Protein, casein, creatine, beta-alanine... Getchu them.

Otherwise, sleep at least 7 hours a night of actual rest.

There's more to say about the broteins, but I'll leave it for /fit/
>>
>>33055972
>6'9
Well, as someone who is 6'7 and understand the struggles of tall humans, I recommend lifting and doing pull ups and push ups, do that shit till you can't. Then lift till you hurt like shit. Trust me, there's nothing sexier than a tall dude who is jacked. It's going to hurt like a bitch but it will be worth it. Invest in pre-workout :)
>>
File: Emi's workout guide.jpg (2MB, 4268x3100px) Image search: [Google]
Emi's workout guide.jpg
2MB, 4268x3100px
>>33047007
OP here, thread was ded, but i see it had some activity

bumping with fitness shit
>>
172cm, 68kg
full time warehouse job, about as physical as it gets outside of heavy construction and soldiering honestly, everything is elbow grease. my cardio is still pretty shit though. i can lift, drag shit and be on my feet all day long because i'm attuned to it but getting seriously into long distance jogging or something is still on my to-do list.
bear in mind i've lost 30kg in a year and still have half a dozen kgs of fat to shed. i have a small frame.
it's all pretty pointless anyway because no guns and have never even been in a fight. i'd get a glancing punch to the cheek and start crying uncontrollably desu. for all the bullying i endured as a kid the least they could have done was beat me up a couple of times.
>>
>>33055872
Fat little videogame dork who feels inadequate when seeing others succeed detected, fucking kek. Just because you cant summon the mental willpower to lay off the Cheetos and Mountain Dew doesnt mean everyone else is as weak willed or as unfit as you. Go put some ice on your butthurt.
>>
>>33047007
i find habbenings comfy. is something wrong with me?
>>
>>33057662
have you actually lived through a habbening?
>>
>>33047007

I do a lot of weight training. Only cardio I do is walking and a small amount of bike riding. I was in a big car wreck when I was 14. I got hip and lower back injury. If I do any long distance running, I am crippled for a week.

I mainly work out at a gym with a lot of Hammer Strength iso equipment. This is good for me as it doesn't cane my back. I have to stay away from compound lifts as it destroys me.

I am in pretty good shape physically, but am always hindered by a suspect lower back. I have to be real careful when training.
>>
>>33057749
try swimming

its great full body cardio and its easy on the body
>>
>>33057854
This, also cycling/exercise bike. Doing spin classes/high intensity workouts is great cardio, very low impact on your joints and a great leg workout too.
>>
File: 1261179212683.jpg (105KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
1261179212683.jpg
105KB, 800x498px
>>33047007
>lift weights every single day
>moreso than other people, but less so than i'd like
>lolno most muscular guy i know is far more flexible and agile than me.
honestly it'd be very difficult to keep my calorie intake high enough in SHTF, but otherwise I'd dunk on an Army PT test
>>
>>33058008
> 2 mile time?
> max pushups in 2 minutes?
> max situps in 2 minutes?
>>
275kg squat at 83kg here.
There is very little operational operating benefit to squatting above 220kg, for real. All it does is wind you up with tightness and occupy time you could be spending on cardio
>>
>>33058023
>17mins est i can run a mile easily in 7mins, but havent tried going farther than that in recent memory.
>76
>52
>>
>>33047007
I workout 3 hours a day, mixing cardio, calisthenics, weight training, hiit, and circuits
I'd say so, but operating is more mental fitness than physical.
no, I've always believed that being the best at something meant training for that thing, there's no reason why you cant be big and train mobility
>>
>>33047007

About a month ago I decided I was a disgusting slob and changed my diet and started running. Before that I was a beatdown blue collar worker who comfort ate and practiced unthinkology about my physical degradation.
5'8", 198 pounds. Couldn't run a mile

Started running again, can make a mile in 9:50 now, and my weight is down to 190.

Ha, nope. But I'm working on it.

Well, you do, and it's not a meme. If you look at SpecOps around the world you don't see roided up muscle bound tanks like "The Mountain" - you see people more like "The Hound". Strong, fit, but not carrying around a crapton of extra muscle that doesn't accomplish much mission related.
>>
>>33058209
failed
>>
File: 1258078630293.jpg (50KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1258078630293.jpg
50KB, 600x400px
>>33058287
5'8" 200lbs runs a mile like the girls in gym who didn't run, says mobility/agility is a meme and uses /tv/ characters as reference to why.
>>
File: 1425049253187.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1425049253187.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
Is bodyweight a meme?
>>
>>33058287
>>33058287
>5'8", 198 pounds. Couldn't run a mile
>9:50

So you lost 8 pounds and still can't run a mile
>>
>>33047007
just fucking run
/thread
>>
>>33058440
I did this program for a couple months. my body looked pretty much the same but I could show off to my friends by doing one leg squats
>>
>>33058731
So you're saying its the perfect grey man routine ;^)
>>
>>33058440

Weighted pullups and dips are an amazing way to acquire gains.
>>
>>33047007
I lift weights with my dad, usually shoulders and upper body stuff. we recently got a tread mill that I'm going to put on full gear and pack on and see how far I can walk
>>
>>33049734
>>33049750

http://hundredpushups.com/

I still haven't made it to the goal of 100 but this program helped me gain 15 more pushups from 1 APFT to the next.

Being able to sprint decently, be able to do 25 pushups in a row, 35 sit ups in a row, and jog for at least a mile without dying is a realistic goal everyone should strive for an then work from there. Being able to do those things puts you ahead of a majority of the population. You don't need to be an olympic athlete.
>>
>>33051117
>Runs 13 miles per hour for almost half an hour
I don't think people believe you, Anon
>>
>>33051637
he's lying. The world record for a 5 mile run is 20:19 set by a 109 pound ethiopian. There's no way in hell someone who's eating 8k calories a day is 1:41 off the world record.

that dude's entire post is bullshit
>>
>>33058886
Their form page doesn't say how deep a proper pushup is. I always lowered until my upper- and lower arms were at a 90 degree angle, but my friend trains for the marine corps and told me to lower my chest until the width of a fist above the floor.
>>
File: IMG_0898.jpg (320KB, 986x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0898.jpg
320KB, 986x1280px
>>33055872
come at me
>>
>>33051695
I can run 3 miles in 24:30, any idea where that places me?
>>
>>33059661
that's an 8 min avg mile, that puts you far and above 80% of americans
>>
>>33059702
Good to know, I wasn't sure if I was low 60% or what, I'm a Canadian so I don't have very accurate estimates of the American population.

Just started running a month ago, FeelsGoodMan
>>
>>33059583
Damn, I'd lick your ass bro no homo.
>>
Strongfat powerlifter here. I'm active and athletic, doing heavy lifting 4x/week with boxing and cardio 2x/week, but I need to lose weight. (Alcohol weight gain's a bitch.) In the habbedig I'll be fantastic at hauling material and building fortifications, which is pretty close to what I did for a living most of my life anyway.

The hell of it is, when I was in college, starving myself and running 3-4x a week, my absolute low weight at 6' was 235. That's an "obese" BMI, but got-damn I was trim, jacked and felt light as hell. I don't think I could lose more'n that without stripping muscle.

Anyway, what do you guys do to run in the cold weather? I lose my running gains every winter and restart in the spring. Feels like my lungs are on fire once the temps drop below fifty.
>>
>>33059583
Gotta get rid of the facial hair.
>>
>>33060906
Over here in bongland, normally I just make sure to do a decent warm up, high knees, bum flicks, light jog and then stretching out properly. Unfortunately the weather here is schizoid, and ive still not found any remedy for running in sub 0℃ or close temperatures, its a bitch all round.
>>
>>33058440
Dope.
>>
>>33047007
>>33047007
>>33047007
Ive been doing Muay Thai for like a year and some change, planning on quitting and making my own gym equipped with Strongman shit and traditional martial arts shit
>>
>>33060906
One trick I wish I'd learned earlier is to deflect cold air during inhalation by gently placing the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth just aft of your teeth to deflect the cold airstream against your inner cheek area. This slows the velocity slightly and warms the air. Try it.
>>
>>33062066
Huh, that's a good tip. It reduces your overall airflow, but that's probably better than full-blast frozen airflow.
>>
>>33047007
>> what do you do to keep yourself in good physical condition?
Cook for myself, do pushups, situps and core exercises, run every once in a while (although running on pavement fucks my legs up)

>> are you in good enough condition to operate operationally?
probably not, but I try to stay fit enough.

>>how do you fare in the Army PT test?
I fucked up my sciatic nerve in my right leg a while back, so I don't think I'd be able to run 5 miles on pavement every morning, which is why I haven't joined the military, but other than that I think I'd be fine. I do lots of pushups and can walk around with a heavy backpack for a long time.
>>
>>33047007
5'11'' at 172 lb. I'm a skinny fat weakling who only hasn't blossomed into a giant lard ass because I work 12 hour shifts constantly moving around and the great out doors.

Really need to get back into lifting and regular cardio. It was so much easier when I had more battle buddies to do it with -_-
>>
>>33048827
Good job man, keep up the good work. 190 is around where I'm aiming for, currently at 220.
>>
>>33063148
At about 225, 5'9" aiming for 195 10% bf. Long way to go though...
>>
>>33058440
Calisthenic stuff is great but don't expect to get significant strength gains from it. Best thing I've found for myself is a mixed calisthenic/powerlifting routine.
>>
Yuuge bump for yuuuuuuge gains. Come on /k/ommandos. No limp wrists
>>
>>33047007
Okay guys, I'm a 300 pound fat fuck but I can run an 8 minute mile and haul heavy gear over difficult terrain. I couldnt maintain a high endurance firefight, nor could I operate, but how in he'll can people not run a mile or maintain a hike for 10 miles in a day with a full pack?
>>
>>33047007
1. Go to the gym
2. Not yet.
3. Hadn't even heard about it.
Down from 284 to 260. Just got to keep it up.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.