[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR-15 optics noob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 200183_200185_Micro_H-2_RF.jpg (1MB, 1879x2332px) Image search: [Google]
200183_200185_Micro_H-2_RF.jpg
1MB, 1879x2332px
I'm looking to get a non-trash optic for my 10" sbr and wanted to know what the group-think opinion is on good glass in the $500-900 range.

I have minor astigmatism and see slight starbursts indoors, so eotechs look like a fuzzy shitshow to me.
aimpoint t2/h2 series apparently accommodates for defected eyes fags like me, so that's one optic that seems alright.
variable 1-6x scopes look dope but seem to be in the $1000-2000+ price range for a really nice one

But yeah I know jack shit and i'd appreciate any help or guidance in helping me throw my money away for a better product.
>>
>>33035927
Trijicon MRO
>>
>>33035944
what differences are there between an aimpoint h1 and MRO?
>>
>>33036120
Not sure sort of researching this myself atm trying to decide what to get.
But between the PRO & the MRO i choose the MRO
>>
>>33036120

Bamp for interest
>>
>>33036120
Biggest differences I noticed were MRO is night vision compatible and has a larger objective lense. This gives it a better field of view but also creates a small amount of magnification/fishbowl effect. Up to you whether it bothers you or not. Also the battery compartment of the MRO is supposedly more susceptible to breakage through user error but if you're not a potato when you install your battery its nbd. Also MRO can be adjusted with a bullet casing. Not sure about the Aimpoint. In the end I went with a 1-6 so i had an etched reticle since my eyes aren't quite good enough for a red dot, but my research led me to the conclusion that they are both quality optics and its really down to features/price that would dictate my decision. I would also recommend finding a place that has them on display so you can look through them and see which you prefer.
>>
Holosun, Sparc II, or Sig Romero
>>
>>33035927
Get an Aimpoint T2 if you don't like color casting in the glass and a fine dot. Get an MRO if you're on a tighter budget.

source: I own the following:

2x T2
2x MRO
1x LCO
1x SRS
1x RX30
>>
I have a Burris mtac 4x. I've used acogs and aimpoints, the Burris is by far my favorite. They have a lifetime warranty too.
>>
File: Untitled.png (186KB, 459x510px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
186KB, 459x510px
>>33035927
even on high end optics you will see starburst/bloom/slash effect.
>>
EOTech 512 is good, don't listen to the shitters who bring up their lawsuit about the nitrogen leaks and them losing zero in the cold, all optics will do that in a battlefield after the fucktons of abuse they endure.
>>
>>33040653
but they shouldn't do that sitting in a climate controlled safe and the occasional trip to the range and exposure to a balmy 70°F

I had a 552 where the reticle disappeared because of delamination. I had to return it to EOTech for refund. I will gladly buy another, but only after it is confirmed they have resolved all their issues.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.