[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there different ways of aiming with a pistol ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I always thought it was with arms extended, but recently i've seen ppl aiming with the pistol close to the eye.
>>
>>33034741

It was a common stance in the early 20th century when peestols and revolvers were of a weaker caliber and had an easy to manage recoil that you would hold the peestol closer to your face. Something like half an arm lenght.
>>
>>33034751
Okay thx. So we agree that with arm extended you loose precision?
>>
>>33034741
It is an inferior aiming style for several reasons. check out the US army pistol manual for some of the reasons.

>recoil
>fatigue
>increased gun shake
>gun is very close to your eye in the event of a castostrophic failure

>>33034786
No, just learn to shoot properly.
>>
>>33034786
Shouldn't it be the opposite? Weaver and isoseles are made to recover from recoil easily while retaining some precision while the gun close to face method should cater primarily to precision.
>>
File: f1350a01a8f1e4b05246eaaf95c5a051.jpg (573KB, 700x2400px) Image search: [Google]
f1350a01a8f1e4b05246eaaf95c5a051.jpg
573KB, 700x2400px
>>
>>33036779
So the difference between weaver and modified weaver is whether or not I'm purple?
>>
>>33038682
legs and slant, retard
>>
>>33034786
No because sights these days are actually good unlike the really shitty notches they used to have.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.