[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Tsar Bomba actually impressive as a weapon or was it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tsar bom explosion.jpg (33KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tsar bom explosion.jpg
33KB, 800x600px
Was the Tsar Bomba actually impressive as a weapon or was it just dick waving?

From my understanding the most effective use of nuclear weapons is through multiple, small payloads blanketing a large area. It has something to do with the inverse square law if I recall correctly, that and it'd probably help get your payload through defense screens.
>>
>>33032778
Dick waving
>>
>>33032778
>Was the Tsar Bomba actually impressive as a weapon or was it just dick waving?

The latter.
>>
>>33032778
dick waving. pretty much any nuke test that wasn't immediately hidden or never existed was dick waving.
still fucking sweet though.
also;

>take saturn V
>take tsar bomba at full 100mt yield
>give it MIRV shit and minimize the size as much as possible
>given my weight calculations, Saturn V at full payload could send 4 Tsar Bombas into LEO
>more than enough for what we need since we're not orbiting
>stick with 4 MIRVs, could probably swing five
>now have a missile with 5 100mt MIRVs or could drop them all on the same target for 500MT of fuck you
it is a glorious plan.
>>
>>33032778
Dick waving, and nukes aren't really tactically effective at supermassive yields anyway as most of the energy is wasted upward into the atmosphere
>>
File: XAXAXAXAXA.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
XAXAXAXAXA.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>33032816
>500MT of fuck you
>>
>>33032778
Hasn't heard of the toba volcanic explosion.
>>
>>33032778
Dick waving, also a waving of the dick.
>>
>>33032816
Sounds good until you realize that we can't make Saturn Vs anymore because all of our Paperclipped Nazis took the know-how to build them to the grave.
>>
>>33033433
let me dream, /k/omrade
also if someone could shoop a Saturn V to have markings like a Cold War ICBM I would love you forever
>>
>>33032778
It was proof that there is no limits on thermonuclear bombs power and that even 1 bomber that got through air defence network is enought to glass city size of London.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.