[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reloading speed tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: gunfight-3.jpg (248KB, 425x436px) Image search: [Google]
gunfight-3.jpg
248KB, 425x436px
Any anons care to share reloading tips? Specifically, techniques i should focus on or avoid? Particularly for a mossberg 500, ak, and beretta 92. Im having issue getting my ak mags to engage on the first try. Im angling them in.
>>
Cant the rifle towards your support hand, it'll be easier to line it all up like that
>>
>>33032527
I am, but it feels like the forward hook on the mag keeps missing the groove in the magwell. Maybe its the mag? Im using surplus croatian metal mags. 10, 20, and a polymer 30, which seems to seat easier. Im scratching the shit out on the mags. Is this normal? Its my first AK.
>>
>>33032511
Angle them more. Make it really dramatic.
>>
>>33032511
Really ild say im "acceptable" with my 92. But the 12ga and the ak are the weakest. On the 12 should i be dropping then pushing into the tube or guiding in the whole time?
>>
>>33032554
Point the base plate of the mag farther forward so you have more rotation actually rocking the mag in, it's easier to just push the front locking lug deep into the magwell and then torque it into place than anything else
>>
Can't speak to the shotgun reload because I fucking suck at it.

Beretta/any other semi-auto:
1) At slide lock, bring your elbow to your rib cage and turn the gun towards you (palm inward). The gun itself should be up in front of your face so you can see what you're doing. Your arm should be bent at an angle so the muzzle is facing away from you in a diagonal line. I don't really care what that angle is, so long as you do the same thing every time. Mine is at about a 30 degree angle. As you do all of this, you'll also be depressing the magazine release. You may have to shift the pistol slightly in the hand to do so.
2) As you're doing this with your firing hand, your support hand should drop to your magazine carrier and establish a grip on the magazine. The important thing is that a) the bullets need to be oriented forward in the pouch and b) your index finger should run along the front of the magazine, with the tip right below the top round. Grab it, orient it upward, and drive it straight to the magazine well. You're using that index finger index because you're naturally good at pointing at stuff, so it should be pretty easy to get the mag to the right place.
3) Once the gun and the magazine well are in about the same place, it's a good idea to glance at the magazine well as you drive the mag home. You're not going to die because you glanced at your empty gun for a fraction of a second, and it smooths things up. Insert the magazine into the gun. Slam it home with the palm of your support hand.
4) You've got to drop the slide home. Option a) is to use the slide release. Option b) is to manually grasp the slide and release it. For a), there are two ways to do it: i) use your support hand thumb as you establish your grip, or ii) use your firing hand thumb. For option b), you'll cant the gun inward towards your support and and either pinch it or grab over the top of the slide (you'll want the thumb under the decocker on the Beretta).
>>
>>33032599
Noted. Will try this. Also I've seen some tactical reloads using the lip of the full mag to hit the magazine release and knock the empty magazine out of the way before reload. Is this viable or just showboating?
>>
>>33032624

>>33032599
this is what I meant here
>>33032574

And yes, it works great. It'll bang your mags up though if they're plastic.
>>
>>33032624
Well it works, but its purely for show. You have a high chance in dislodging the first round on the full mag causing a malfunction.

Proper way is to bring the full mag next to the one in the gun keeping the full one 2-3" higher. Then grapping both mags with the support hand you swap them. Now you're free to drop or bag the empty mag depending on if you're doing an emergency or a tactical reload.
>>
>>33032617

AK reload:

Like the pistol reload, you're going to want to get the gun up in front of you.

1) Once you get a click, dismount the gun from your shoulder. Using that same angle you used with the pistol, tuck the gun under your shoulder and angle it up and out.
2) As you're doing this, with your support hand go ahead and grasp the magazine. Your thumb should depress the magazine release. Release the magazine and either stow it or throw it away, depending on what you're doing.
3) Drop the support hand to your magazine pouch. Unlike the pistol, you'll want the rounds facing backward. Grab it like you would a can of beer. Orient it upward and bring it to the magazine well.
4) Cant the bottom of the mag towards the muzzle a bit as you're bringing it up. You've gotta get the locking lug into the magazine well first. I come in from the muzzle end of the gun. Once the locking lug is in the mag well, then rock the magazine back, locking it into place.
5) With your support hand, come up under the gun. Grasp the charging handle, pull all the way back, then release it.
6) Re-mount the gun and keep shooting.
>>
>>33032641
I just generally her that the best thing to do is to remove the empty Magazine with your support hand and then load the Fresh Magazine so you can retain the empty instead of discarding it
>>
>>33032624
It'll wreck your lower handguard pretty quick

It's sorta just showboating too since it's a bitch to do

Just grab the mag in the gun, rock it out and drop, bring up new mag, rock in, rack. I can get my reloads in pretty comparable time with knocking them out
>>
>>33032680
Damn good bloody good damn good info anon. Thanks.
>>
Can anyone help with my garbage 12ga game?
>>
>>33032729
Loading from a dump bag, considering a side saddle but they seem tacticool and fuck up muh asthetics.
>>
>>33032759

The issue with a dump bag is that you're probably fishing around to get the shells indexed correctly, wasting time.

The side saddle's going to fuck with the balance of the gun but they're probably the fastest way to go about things.

What I do is first run the slide all the way back, cant the gun left (ejection port facing up), and drop my first round into the ejection port, then close the slide. This gets the gun ready to fire immediately.

After that, I'll either keep the gun mounted in the shoulder and thumb rounds in from the bottom, or transition it to my left hand and turn it upside down, using my right hand to load. Neither are particularly fast, though I'm sure the side saddle reload is more tactical and shit.
>>
>>33032800
Ah. I like the first round chamber. Thats good shit.
>>
>>33032800
So, port up are you always reloding with your right? Or are you saying just tilt and drop one in thru the ejec port with your support hand and slide forward to chamber?
>>
>>33032511

Shotguns are harder than you'd think, especially under stress. I've fucked my thumb up on several occasions.

Repeatedly practice taking one shell off your saddle and shoving your lifter up with it, then move your whole arm forward to push it in to the tube. I know it looks cool to grab 3-4 at a time and flick your wrist to get them in, but that shit all goes out the window when you're getting shot at, moving, or even under fear of being shot at. If you had 3-4 rounds in your hand and lose control - you've lost 3-4 rounds. One round at a time, keep feeding it.

Order some practice shells off Amazon and put on TV and practice loading reliably - then - worry about speeding it up.
>>
>>33032851
Yeah thats what i usually do... hammer at the muscle memory while idle. Seems like im wasting movements somewhere though.
>>
>>33032872
Yeah it never feels efficient to me either, but as long as you're keeping it fed, you're doing your part.
>>
>>33032511
>Im having issue getting my ak mags to engage on the first try.

This is the kind of thing that just takes time and practice to be honest.
>>
>>33032680
im more visual upload video
>>
>>33032586
you should be in control of the shell the entire time
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.