[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home defense modifications

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

You all have your plan B firearms ready, but how many of you have strengthened your exterior door?

My shitty apartment had a horrible door jamb so I decided to take strengthening the door into my own hands

First I replaced all of the horrible 1/4 inch screws to the frame with 3.5 inch screws, then I added the EZ armor door jamb kit which came with a jamb strengthener and hinge plates. It came with strike plates for the door side too but they were too small so I opted out for a two brass strike plates I found at lowes.
>>
I have a magnetically activated GE wireless door alarm (120 decibels and key-coded) that I activate when I'm in my office, a cardinal gates door guardian (check them out on amazon, VERY good door strengthener) that is latched when I'm home and asleep, and a buddybar door jammer that is also setup while I'm in bed. On the side of the first pic you can see one of my four Blink cams I activate when I'm at school.
>>
I have a chain lock that I barely use too. The door itself is metal. Overall, I'm feeling a sense of safety I haven't felt since I bought my first home defense gun. my setup isnt perfect, but it is relatively cheap for my student budget and I'm happy with it.
>>
File: the_plan.jpg (45KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
the_plan.jpg
45KB, 800x600px
>>33031760
>>33031769
>>33031785
You fags need to get on my level. What I have devised here is a way to flood your own bedroom with deadly poisonous vipers. Anyone foolish enough to sneak into my bedroom at night time will be disabled immediately by snakes. At that point I will hear their screams of agony, jump out of bed and grab my salt rifle, and then put them out of their misery with a few shots to the back of their head. Pick related.
>>
>>33031785
cool. what was the total cost for materials?
>>
>>33031917

Ez Armor kit was about 80 bucks
buddy bar door jammer around 70
GE mag door alarm 20
guardian door latch 20
lowes bronze strike plates, 7 each
4 blink home security wireless IP cams, about 200

Then I bought a box of 3.5 inch heavy deck screws for another ten.

If you had to choose on a budget, get the screws, the ez armor and the magnetic door alarm
>>
Oh nice, I was wanting to make a thread like this a few days ago. Some nignog knocked on my door trying to sell me a security system, offering to take a look around my home and let me know about any "vulnahabilitays." When I told him no thanks, the fucker started jive talking me as he walked away.
I kind of freaked out assuming I was going to get robbed that night, so I set up a sort of redneck home security
>place empty beer bottles upside down on the ground right next to the door
>if that door moves a milimeter, the bottle will topple over and make a loud clanging on my tile floor
>take fishing line, tie it around the lip of a beer bottle, tie other end to handle on window
>place another bottle upside down on the ground in such a way that if the window is moved at all, the fishing line bottle will knock over the other
>>
>>33031892
is that a chinaman or a lamp?
>>
>>33031892

that was fuckin hilarious, thank you sir.
>>
>>33032245

You should just buy some cheap window and door alarms. They sell 4 packs at walmart for like 20 bucks and the fuckers run on a single AAA for like a year.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.