[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, Newfag to firearms here. (pic not related) Not completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1476202220268.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476202220268.png
2MB, 1024x768px
Hey /k/, Newfag to firearms here.
(pic not related)
Not completely dumb, but I lack some knowledge. 19 and I've never bought a firearm (yet, can't afford)

So I've got a stupid question.

Have any of you ever "mixed" ammunition types and why?
+ strange ammunition you've seen in person.
Types, not different sized rounds. (duh)
>>
>Mixed ammunition
If you don't value your hands go for it champ!
You'll get some cool hooks in return.
>>
>>33031476

Are there any types you CAN mix without incident?
>>
>>33031491
Certainly. Most .357 MAG can accept .38 special. I'm not aware of one wheel gun that cannot. .223 can be shot out of a 5.56 chambered weapon. And it should go without saying .50 BMG and .50 AE are interchangeable. Most guys I know buy .50 BMG for their Deagle brand Deagles. Much cheaper because of surplus and all that.
>>
File: 1486009683801.png (2MB, 1992x1552px) Image search: [Google]
1486009683801.png
2MB, 1992x1552px
>>33031450
Work making your inquiries more succinct. This will improve the quality of the answers you receive.

>>33031450
I have heard of some people alternating between JHP and FMJ rounds stacked in their pistol magazines for daily carry. Or, having some JHP at the top or bottom of the stack. They see it as a possibly beneficial for barrier penetration, or penetrating a target with armor to have FMJ in their magazine along with their JHP. Not many people do this, and those who do receive criticism about the potential for feeding issues.

>>33031560
To clarify: the only difference between .357 MAG and .38 SPC is the length of the brass. The .357 MAG is a longer cartridge, therefor revolvers chambered for .357 MAG will accept .38 SPC, but not the other way around.
>>
>>33031491
Any ammunition that can run a full mag of certain types diamond can just those ammunition types mixed. I run alternating ballnose and hollow points on my carry pistol because it makes me smile

Each trigger pull is a seperate cycle, each round has to be fed on its own
>>
>>33031783
Your post is fucking retarded and should be edited to make sense
>>
you can mix n match shotgun shells of the same guage, like biirdshot buckshot and slugs
>>
>>33031906
Drunk as a skunk, mixing ammo is fine
>>
>>33031491
Fuck yeah. You can accidentally have your bae load .380 into a 9mm mag and lay it out for you on the shooting table and leave you wondering why the fuck you can only shoot one round after loading the mag and racking the slide.

Ask me how I know.
>>
>>33031450
it's fucking stupid, but yeah theres nothing wrong with it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.