[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a Paratrooper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 24

Alright, /k/ommandos. I'm a U.S. Army paratrooper. Ask me your questions.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1439310164513.jpg (14KB, 320x292px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1439310164513.jpg
14KB, 320x292px
Of course, while I post a few airborne-related pictures.
>>
How does it feel to risk your life training for an obsolete combat role?
>>
>>33030832
Honestly? Both awesome and remarkably self-aware. We know it's obsolete. We don't get paid enough for it, either. But, hey, that's the Army for you.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459879129001.jpg (65KB, 832x768px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459879129001.jpg
65KB, 832x768px
>>
can you post any proof
>>
>>33030918
Not the kind that would be definitive, like my course certificate or orders. I know 4chan better than that. I have practical experience and knowledge though.
>>
>>33030789
I'm looking at joining, stuck between infantry and cav scout. Are there scouts in airborne units and whats the difference between the two mos's?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1442023203272.jpg (42KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1442023203272.jpg
42KB, 480x640px
>>33031014
Any MOS can be airborne, but there are lots of scouts in airborne positions. 73d CAV is a big one on Ft. Bragg, for example. Cav scouts are primarily mounted, using Strykers and other armored vehicles to perform reconnaissance. Infantry is more of a catchall MOS thse days, but they do the major dismounted stuff. Kicking in doors, kill teams, patrols, you get the idea.
>>
>>33030870
So does parachuting give you a dangerous duty allowance? I think you should get one considering your chances of injury go way up when anything parachute is involved.
>>
>>33030789
Okay,
Question 1:
The most homoerotic thing you've seen/witnessed/done during your service.

Question 2:
How're you going to treat the back injury you are going to develop later in life?

Question 3:
Best Greentext story you can Muster regarding your Service?
>>
>>33031111
Airborne personnel are given a $150 per month hazardous duty pay, sometimes more depending on circumstances.
>>
>>33031060
3/73 cav here, can confirm.
Our guys are set up to jump in with uparmored gun-truck configured HMMWVs.
>>
File: IMG_2880.jpg (117KB, 640x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2880.jpg
117KB, 640x411px
>>33031119
1: It gets cold out, better get nut-to-butt. notgay.jpg
2: Lots of Ibuprofen and bourbon.
3: Not sure if its the best story, but it's A story.
>Training jump onto Holland DZ
>Cherry jump
>legsdontknowwhatthatmeans.jpg
>Exit aircraft, twist like a bitch.
>Bicycle kick like a motherfucker.
>Going for a rear landing.
>Slip into the wind
>Wind shifts 50 feet off the ground.
>Land like a wet sack of shit.
>feetasshead.jpg
>get dragged 100ft. by sudden wind
>"you can't tame me, silly human"
>finally get risers disconnected
>aircraft comes back for second pass
>one chute
>Jumpmaster said "Not without me, fuckers"
>mfw jumpmaster turned around an entire Air Force bird because "me too, dammit".
>immediately lands in bushes, gets tangled.
>run to assist with likely TBI
>Jumpmaster dusts himself off.
>"Still worth it."
>>
>>33031243
How long you been in?
How many jumps in division do you have?
>>
>>33031060
Nifty, thanks.
>>
>>33031257
I've been in for 3 years this month. 2 1/2 in Division. I'm got 10 jumps in Division so far, but I'm backlogged. It's jump season on Bragg, and it's a bitch for some units to get birds.
>>
>>33031243
You jump boys always were the nuttiest
>>
>>33030789
How's your back? lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7hZuCf4TJg

How often does it happen?
>>
>>33031313
Takes a special kind of crazy. Had a jumpmaster who claimed the proper response to a jump refusal was, in his words:
"If, on the third time you hear 'Green light, go' and do not exit, the Jumpmaster will secure you by your T-11 Reserve ripcord handle and pull out and away, ensuring you get a strong and vigorous exit."

Crazy motherfucker, that.
>>
>>33031279
Is our rate of readiness as fuckawful as I've been hearing...?
>>
>>33031339
Burn-ins? Hhey, shit happens. It's pretty rare, but when you're dropping 3/4 of a ton of truck out of a moving aircraft, you'll always take a risk. I'd probably say no more than 2 per year, on average. I'm not a statistician, though.
>>
How does it feel knowing your combat role is completely obsolete in modern warfare?

Not trying to be a snarky asshole, I just wonder how you feel about it. I'm a merchant mariner and we're required to learn all kinds of shit like celestial navigation and charting and shit like that even though it's literally never used anymore. And it feels pretty depressing, honestly. I miss the good ol' days and I never even got to experience them.
>>
>>33031373
It's part a traditional pride thing and mostly just awareness that we're doing obsolete shit. You just kind of take it in stride. I mean, fuck, we still do yearly jumps into Normandy.
>>
>>33030789
Is Ranger School(TM) just not eating+land nav?
>>
>>33031373
just sabotage everything on your boat except the helm then your're good. you even get to stitch together all the bedsheets and clothes and make a main mast
>>
>>33030789
Do you have a cool red beret?
>>
make everyone go through jump school and air assault as part of basic.
>>
>>33031441
No, I've got a cool maroon beret.
>>
>>33031458
Do you have any idea what that would do to the number of people who make it? like a third would die. You don't join because you prefer a career in the military to developing space shit for NASA
>>
>>33031415
I'm not a Ranger, so I couldn't speak from experience.
>>
>>33031497
Ask a Ragnar anything
>>
>>33031497
>Sick Call Ranger
I'm not .mil
but isn't a ranger, a ranger?
>>
>>33031373
Also a mariner, if you're not proficient with celnav you shouldn't even consider yourself a sailor.
>>
I broke my back on a jump. Fucking sucked, but I recovered
>>
>>33031528
Military slang. Means someone who goes to sick call a lot.
>>
>>33031557
Thanks! I'm enjoying your thread
>>
>>33031549
I've been lucky so far. Worst I've got is a wrist injury from hitting the trailing edge of the paratroop door. Fucking C-160's.
>>
>>33030789
Which DZ have you had the most injuries on?
>>
>>33030953
mspaint and censorship of critical info is a thing you know?
>>
>>33031570
Thank you. Glad to see that /k/ is more civil than I last remembered.
>>
File: 34nh7up.jpg (30KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
34nh7up.jpg
30KB, 1024x680px
How do reclasses work?

I want to enlist as 68w, in Regiment, but I don't think that's relevant.

Now, seeing what 11b's do, it's pretty cool.

I was watching videos of some declassed raids that some Rangers were doing and couldn't help but think "Fuck being in a stack looks awesome"

But I genuinely wish to be a medic.

My question is two parts, 1) Is your secondary MOS 11b while in Regiment? 2) How hard would it be to reclass from a "softskill" to 11b?

From what I have read you have to fill out a "4187" and pray to high heaven it will go through.

Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>33031573
Most injuries would probably be Nijmegen. That place is full of potholes. Rolled my ankles more times than I care to count on that tiny DZ.
>>
>>33031576
It is. However, I have no need to authenticate my credentials to you.
>>
>>33031332
Had it happen 2.5 times in the 8 years I was with 1/17th. Once with a HEMTT, once with a topless humvee, and the half a time was a rocket fastpack that cigarette rolled but righted itself like 75ft up and hit hard but not hard enough to split the fastpack.

I've also seen 2 towed jumpers and a dirt dart.
>>
>>33031614
Salerno's scrub oaks have claimed an awful lot of skin off me.

Also there's a half-buried barb wire fence running across the SW corner that murdered my favorite ALICE pack.
>>
>>33031604
1) No
2) easiest way to reclass is wait until you can reenlist
>>
>>33031604
As a dude in regiment (believe me or not Idc) I can tell you that your pmos is whatever you went through ait/osut for until you go to school then you get a smos of 11b

Reclassing from soft to infantry is very hard in regiment. If you're over and e4 or you don't have your tab it won't happen
>>
>>33031484
Dang it.

Mind me asking how many? It's something I've wanted to know for a little while now. I think they look cool.
>>
>>33031666
Former 82nd here.

I think at my peak I had like 4 berets.
>field/motorpool beret
It was so old it was pink and dirt. They fade really fast.
>2x "dress" berets
Basically brand-the-fuck-new so they actually pass inspection during payday activities. Only ever got worn with my A's
>garrison beret
Step up from field beret. Still actually maroon, but stained.

I'm now curious if I still have any.
>>
>>33031604
Reclasses are most commonly awarded as a condition of reenlistment, but can be made possible after a few years by way of a Voluntary Reclass. Less likely, but possible.

You're pretty much only going to Regiment if you pass Ranger school, which is an entirely different thing from your MOS. Good combination, though.

Combat ops and the cool shit therein have been on the decline, from what I understand, so the odds of being a doorkicker are slimming down. Not impossible, though.

To answer your specific questions:
1) Every soldier is an infantryman, at the core. You can be a cook and be called upon to go onto a kill team. No exceptions. Doesn't matter if you're in Regiment or not.

2) When it comes to reclass, it all depends on the MOS' In/Out calls. If they need that MOS during the timeframe you want to reclass, then you'll probably be a go. If your current MOS isn't letting people go because they're understrength, then tough luck. Just the luck of the draw.

Bonus fact: a DA Form 4187 is a personnel action request. It covers everything from reclassing to schools to test requests. Pretty much a catchall form.
>>
>>33031692
Thanks for the quick response! One final annoying beret question: were they just issued? How did you acquire them?
>>
>>33031402
>yearly jumps into Normandy
And the fucked-up part about that is most airborne forces were deployed into Europe via glider. I don't know why so few people, particularly fag paratroopers, get that airborne doesn't actually mean parachute. It means aerial delivery of troops. You know, like helicopters and gliders and shit.
>>
>>33031712
At least from 2005-2013 you had to buy them yourself. They were not issued.

Pretty much every PX, Korean sewing shop, tacticool store, etc within 100 miles of the base sold a "pre shaved" maroon beret, or you could buy them online.
>>
File: 1413242196400.jpg (464KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1413242196400.jpg
464KB, 1000x667px
>>33031656
Hmm

>>33031657
That's what I figured. I mean, medics, especially SOCM qual'd guys are hard to come by.

Then my new question is, what's the dynamic with medics overseas?

I know they're on the objective with the rest of the Platoon, but what is their place there?

Next the the Plt Sgt? In the back of the stack? Etc. It sounds like such a COD kiddie thing, but I am genuinely interested how much trigger time a medic might get downrange.

>>33031696
Ah okay, so it is really just luck of the draw then.

And as far In/Out calls, I don't see them having a need for 11b's in Batt, pretty much ever.

Oh well, medicine is my passion and I'll carry out that mission to the best of my ability.
>>
>>33031712
1 Fury here, you get issued one at CIF, it's the shitty one with the leather band and the cardboard backing.
>>
>>33031761
>airborne units are named [something] Parachute Infantry Regiment
Yes, it does in fact specifically mean parachute.
>>
>>33031767
Cool. I just wonder about that kind of stuff sometimes.
>>
>>33031774
Dammit koko, I didn't get issued one.

You whippersnappers get all the shit.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446036063843.jpg (44KB, 697x697px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446036063843.jpg
44KB, 697x697px
>>33031761
We totally get that. All of us are taught that from the moment we get to Airborne School. It's just that we tend not to use gliders anymore, and helicopter operations are defined as Air Assault, which leaves...wait, let me do the math...oh, parachutists.
>>
>>33031635

>towed jumpers

What happens? Do you just kiss your ass goodbye?
>>
>>33031807
Generally you're banged against the side of the plane in the first fraction of a second and either killed outright or knocked unconscious.

Either way, jumpmaster's cutting your static line for you to fall to your death.

I think in the entire history of airborne operations exactly 1 towed jumper has survived.
>>
File: IMG_2249.jpg (112KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2249.jpg
112KB, 686x960px
>>33031772
>Oh well, medicine is my passion and I'll carry out that mission to the best of my ability.
Fuck yeah. Everyone loves the medic, and for damn good reason. You're good people, anon.
>>
>>33031772
>>33031772
You get sent to the 82nd if you're a medic and don't pass socm. This is after you've already done rasp. The good thing about medics is that they really don't have to get their tab if they don't want to.

Garrison they chill at the clinic and come out for the training cycle and rfr lanes.

Deployed they're with the psg and generally won't see action, but there are definitely guys out there with kills
>>33031825
We've had two towed jumpers in the past year and ahalfish. Both lived, both got medically discharged though
>>
>>33031243
>tfw always wanted to be Army paratrooper like dad
>always always wanted to do it, was one of my big life goals
>finally go to a recruiter a few years ago
>soon as he sees that I have asthma and a deviated septum, immediate DQ, no waiver
>checked with other branches, same story
>passed everything else
it hurts.
granted, not much use in an airborne mechanic, but who gives a shit desu
>>
>>33031825
>1 surviving towed jumper
>fall to your death

Broseph, they do give you a reserve, you know. When was the last time you attended a SARJE brief?

Most of the time, they use a retrieval tool to reel you back into the aircraft. Standard jumpmaster shit. They only cut your static line if they can't retrieve you.

Towed jumpers survive all the time. They generally just hand down there underneath the aircraft while they get reeled back in.
>>
>>33031825
>what is a parachutist recovery system

Oh yeah, it's that thing that the plane doesn't take off without ensuring that it works.

>>33031807
If you become a towed jumper you will place both hands over the ripcord handle and keep your chin on your chest, this will tell the JM that you are conscious and an attempt will be made to retrieve you inside the aircraft.
>>
>>33031859
I'm an airborne mechanic, bro. Main thing is, you tried to sign the dotted line. No shame there, at all. Moore than 99% of the country who doesn't even consider it.
>>
File: 1421546121888.jpg (447KB, 2048x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1421546121888.jpg
447KB, 2048x1148px
>>33031827
For God and County, friend.

>>33031849
Ah alright. Well maybe I might try to reclass if I choose to re-enlist, but seeing as that is 1000 yards down the line, I need to focus on getting my skinny ass ready for RASP. Thanks.
>>
>>33031872
mechanic stories my man
one from dad as compensation
>innakuwait
>in '91
>top for motorpool of 5 tons that do 5 ton shit
>have dump trucks
>dump trucks stored with bed up to drain out the rain/other shit that would get in there
>dump truck thats been sitting for awhile gets called into the shop to get maintained
>dumbshit hops in
>pulls truck forward
>forgets to drop bed
>rips the bay door mech off of the bay, fucks up the bed hydraulics
>be dad
>watching this shitfest
>rip dumbshit out of 5 ton, slam it in reverse and back it up
>take dumbshit into office
>verbally disembowel him
>have to have truck and bay parts chinook'd in
>takes like 2 weeks since in the middle of nowhere and not a priority
>dumbshit keeps watch every fucking night for that entire time
>given nickname tonka
I don't know if he got kicked out or what happened to him beyond that, but it was a bad time
>>
>>33031863
>they do give you a reserve, you know
Doesn't do you a whole hell of a lot of good if you're dead or unconscious from being banged against the side of a C17 at ~100mph.
>towed jumpers survive all the time
Every one I've been aware of was killed, but I got out a while ago.

>>33031868
>parachutist recovery system
I have literally never seen one. We jumped all the fucking time without one. Things might have changed in the last 4 years though.
>>
>>33031945
If you're unconscious, it does them literally no good to cut you loose. They won't, unless it's your equipment and not your chute being cut.

When were you jumping?
>>
>>33031779
No, you're totally wrong, actually, just like I literally just informed you. Regiments within airborne divisions were titled PIR or GIR depending on whether they deployed by parachute (P) or glider (G). Regiments and even battalions which used both deployment methods were titled AIR or AIB.

For example, my grandfather was one of the first airborne troopers ever trained in the United States Army. He was assigned to the 550th Airborne Infantry Battalion, so-called because it used both parachutes and gliders; they were actually one of the first and most significant test units for airborne tactics. Then they went to war, glided and jumped into Sicily, glided and jumped into Southern France with the First Allied Airborne Army (the other D-Day), then went all-glider when they were folded into the 194th GIR of the 17th Airborne, which had just one PIR, for the Bulge and Invasion of Germany.

>>33031804
You're still wrong/retarded. Please see above. The airborne concept, despite what some dumb faggot thinks, is vertical envelopment by aerial delivery. In WWII, glider + parachute = airborne. Since Vietnam, it's helicopter + parachute = airborne.
>>
>>33031931
I should probably mention, I'm not a very good mechanic. I have some other things I'm damn good at, but, uh, maintenance isn't that.
>new mechanic in new motor pool
>start doing basic services
>rack up 4 stateside truck kills (deadlines) due to lolnewsoldier
>busted hub on the FLA (ambulance)
>Smashed outer hub bearing on FMTV (5-ton)
>Broke more shit
>given nickname 'deadline'
>Moved into office
>Best goddamn clerk you've ever met
>>
>>33031945
You know that cable above the static lines that you're not supposed to touch?

It's attached to a winch that pulls in the D-bags and anything still attached to the anchor cables.
>>
>>33031960
Jumped from March 2005 to January 2014.

>>33031988
There are literally zero American airborne units now that are not named PIR. Just like there are literally zero American glider units or American combined-delivery units.
>>
>>33031657
what battalion you in?
>>
>>33032012
Except none of the planes I jumped on had that winch, and half of them didn't even have the cable.
>>
>>33031988
Your understanding of history is spot-on, friend. It doesn't hold up in modern interpretation, however. The DOD classifies helicopter operations as Air Assault ops, and gliders are no longer in use. That defines Airborne as being parachute operations, by process of elimination.
>>
>>33032033
<2>

Was in 3rd
>>
>>33032012
how goes it my man, haven't seen you in awhile
>>33032011
fucking christ man
I stand by my theory that a FMTV is just a normal delivery truck with extreme downs syndrome.
to my understanding, at least the early humvees (pre 6.5 turbo) are a total shitshow to work on, as are the FMTVs.
>>
>>33032064
did you know any NCOs who went to flight school in the past year?
>>
>>33032034
*slow eyebrow raise*
What suspect-assed birds were you jumping from? Skytrains? All C-130's and C-17's are equipped with them. I started jumping in August of 14, and all of those aircraft had them.
>>
>>33032064
I want to get to second seeing as my family is west coast too.

Any way I can manipulate that or am I at the mercy of whomeber?
>>
>>33032019
You're a fucking moron. There is an entire 101st Airborne Division which has only two parachute companies unit in it, one Pathfinder company and one LRS company (or whatever LRSD is called these days), and neither of those units are PIRs, nor do they have the word "parachute" in their nomenclature. I don't know how many fucking times this can be explained: parachute delivery is one component of airborne operations. In the past, glider was another. In the present, it's helicopters. That's why every fucking air assault unit has an airborne tab in its patch.

This is not fucking difficult. You're making it difficult because you're fucking stupid.

>>33032051
You're still wrong.
>>
>>33032086
I have 31 jumps, most of which casa and chinook because lolaviationbattalion. I think I have 2 C17 jumps and my training 5 in C130's (that probably had them but I don't remember).

I never jumped a C130 in division.
>>
>>33032076
I've been around, got dropped from SMU selection a couple months back.
>>
>>33032078
Not intimately. There's a bunch of dudes putting in for warrant in the past couple years
>>33032088
Do you have family above the rank of e7 in? If the answer is no then you have yours
>>33032097
Why does this matter so much to you
>>
File: zAF6R_u18chan.jpg (89KB, 397x295px) Image search: [Google]
zAF6R_u18chan.jpg
89KB, 397x295px
>>33032097
>kek
Okay. Well-formed argument. "You're still wrong." Sure. I'm not going to waste more time arguing semantics, I'm pretty sure there are more questions to be answered.
>>
>>33032097
Companies don't get their own names.

They took the airborne tab away from COSCOM despite them still having an actively jumping battalion (as of 2013 anyway), 101st is next.

Parachute delivery is the ONLY CURRENT FUCKING METHOD OF DELIVERY in an airborne unit.

Air Assault is not Airborne, nobody considers it airborne.

I don't give half a rat's ass what your grandpappy told you, the past is the past and it is no longer that way.
>>
>>33032109
Ah, okay. Scrutiny withdrawn. I've never had the pleasure of a Chinook jump. Got a tailgate from a C-130, though, that was fun.
>>
>>33032144
Chinooks are scary shit, they're enough slower you're usually about to pull your reserve when you go taut.
>tfw nobody told you this on your first jump and you blew your reserve like an idiot

Casa jumps are money though.
>>
>>33032164
Chinooks are so fucking smooth though. Even 60s can't compare
>>
>>33032164
Division says there's no shame in blowing reserve anymore. I about did the same on the tailgate. Got to 8-thousand and felt my butthole pucker.
>>
>>33032177
lol, back when I was in if you blew your reserve without an OBVIOUS need to blow it you were looking at a month of weekend chute shake-out detail.
>>
>>33032128
are the stories about cutting off fingers for biometrics and using a baton to push a guys head back together opsec?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1440094305315.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1440094305315.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>33032188
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.
>>
>>33032128
On a scale of 1 to Baby Eater how accurate is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HsQ2qC-K2c
>>
>>33032196
another funny story, they did biometrics on some haj in iraq and my ranger buddy was with some fed and when they put him through the system his prints came up for like an unsolved murder in ohio lol. it was a mistake obviously.
>>
>>33032235
ranger school is gay but it gives you a healthy hatred of life
>>33032196
One of my squad leaders started laughing when we came up on a dude who had his head blown out. all there was was teeth and hajj beard flayed out everywhere.

Some native dude got a slap on the wrist because he was taking scalps.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ6QX-OsWUc

By the way, whoever that guy who wanted my credentials was? Yeah, watch this. These are my damn credentials. 8 fucking hours of this on repeat.
>>
File: IMG_2124.jpg (85KB, 629x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2124.jpg
85KB, 629x550px
Alright, /k/ommandos. I'm off. Thanks for the conversation, I hope this was at the very least entertaining.

Airborne, All the Way
>>
I have mild lumbaric scoliosis would you recommend going airborne or even infantry at all
>>
>>33032205
>cartoon panties
why are little girls taking off their happy bunny skivvies for Joes?
why do you have a picture of it?
>>
>>33032562
lol no.
>>
>>33032603
Any specific reason
>>
>>33032235
3/10 Ranger school is fucking gay. Far more gay then you will ever understand. I could sit here writing paragraphs about how gay Ranger School is and you'd never get it.

If I could resurrect Shakespeare and send him to school for the express purpose of putting it's gayness into words, even he wouldn't be able to do it. There is no way to fully capture the gayness that is Ranger School without experiencing it personally.

That being said, I'll be the first to take a hot steamy piss on anyone without a tab.
>>
>>33032619
Apart from Airborne regularly hitting the ground at about 20 meters a second with the landing procedure basically being "just go wet noodle"?

There's the fact that after you're done you're expected to be able to ruck for several miles with a +70lbs ruck right after.
>>
>>33031635
What the fuck is a rocket fastpack

Pls explain
>>
>>33032746
O..OK :(
>>
>>33032097
>>33032097
hey buddy, 101 isn't Airborne anymore. it just keeps the name for historic sake.

It's An Air Assault Div. Now.
so stfu
>>
>>33030789
Hi Sam.
>>
>>33030789
How much rope?
>>
Red hat here, you're all dirty legs to me.
>>
File: kit picture multimeme.jpg (190KB, 486x457px) Image search: [Google]
kit picture multimeme.jpg
190KB, 486x457px
any advice for adding airborne jumps to my airsoft games?
>>
>>33033478
Use a high quality sheet when you jump out of the plane.
>>
>>33032590
>rakasans

rakasans love little girls.

>be me
>ft campbell (aka the black hole, aka the black death, aka career killer, aka where dreams go to die)
>hear someone talking about rakacock shenanigans
>i love hearing the stories of these dumb ass grunts
>its like 2330
>rakasan rolls up to the gate
>after like 2000 theres a mandatory vehicle inspection
>roll down windows, open trunk nothing too probeish
>rakasan is reaaaaallly trying to talk his way out of opening trunk
>[insert metal gear solid alert sound]
>rakasan opens trunk
>theres a tighed up and gagged 14yo girl in his trunk
>never heard from again

oh oh or this one
>rakasans are getting tired of hunting for pussy and or paying for it
>they nab a 3/10 hooker
>they tell her they will feed her, and home her as long as she lets them fuck her WHENEVER they want
>rakasans take turns bringing her food from defac
>"yea i need an extra meal for my NCO hes on duty"
>this goes on for a hot minute
>finally shes discovered in a soldiers closet during a random surprise inspection

rakasans, saddest limp dicks in the army.
>>
File: 1485749006509.gif (1MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485749006509.gif
1MB, 245x200px
>>33033486
naaah its kinda funny man, i love how special these jumpfags think they are.
>>
>>33033571
Top fucking kek fucking 3BCT.

Meanwhile over in Bastogne land we have dudes making pipe bombs in their barracks while simultaneously storing a bong with good amount of weed in it.

>doing some detail outside about to sham out
>CID walks up to us with a weed bong in his gloved hand
>tells us to vacate due to bomb
>I lol, don't you mean bong sir?
>barracks closed till 1750 that day
>missed half of that day's Trump rally live
>>
File: 100_0113.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
100_0113.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>33032944
Shipping container for Hydra rockets, 12x tubes of 4 strapped together with a top and bottom cap designed to be quickly moved by forklift without being too heavy to yank around by hand.

The foreground of this pic is 3 Hellfire coffins, a complete fastpack, and a few loose rocket tubes.
>>
>>33030832
its not obsolete if we ever need to fuck over an african country again. paratroopers reign supreme down there.
>>
>>33030789
Airborne tanker, Airborne what do you do?
>>
>>33035192
It's not fair to call airborne troops obsolete. The reality is most of combat arms are obsolete. The US will never get in another large ground war again.
>>
>>33030789
how do you felt about that paratrooper scene in the latest Godzilla movie?
>>
>>33035708
The US will be fighting a massive ground war to purge the spics & negros within 2 decades
>>
>>33035891
Actually parts of Europe, mainly France will break out in civil war over Muslims long before a race war in the US happens.
>>
>>33035891
>implying the whole nation is an inbreed dumbass like yourself
Wew lad i wonder where else you're projecting
>>
>>33035891
>The US will be fighting a massive ground war to purge the spics & negros within 2 decades
I'd like to see the over-obese white americans screaming "POOOORGE" while riding their tiny electric scooters with a m16 in one hand and the american flag waving behind them, and one week later their country is dead cause immigrants do all the work.
>>
>>33035891

>It's a "/pol/tard is LARPing again" episode
>>
File: 1430946010185.jpg (6KB, 249x201px) Image search: [Google]
1430946010185.jpg
6KB, 249x201px
>>33030789
I really want to join the army after college, specifically thinking about paratroopers
>did you enjoy it/find it worth it
>what was the training like
>what should I do to prepare
>what would you do differently
>>
>>33031124
150 per month. Wow. I can make that shit by going on two contract jobs, that take half a day, in the span of a whole month. So glad i didnt enlist lmfao
>>
>>33036969
Para troopers also get automatic 20% disability at the VA. Hope your "contract job" can cover you if you fell off a roof or something.
>>
File: IMG_0070.png (232KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0070.png
232KB, 500x553px
>>33030789
5 jump chump. Fuck outta here pog
>>
>>33031630
>I have no need to authenticate my credentials to you.
How long you been playing arma3?
>>
>>33030789
How physically fit/prepared did you go in for airborne? Like push ups, run times etc?
>>
If OP is still around, how does the FFL 2nd REP stack up?
>>
>>33030789
You ever bang a dog?
I hear the paratroopers here in canada love that shit, if I meet some US paratroopers can we bond over our love of knots and fur?
>>
File: 0000358_310-rescue-harness.png (223KB, 775x662px) Image search: [Google]
0000358_310-rescue-harness.png
223KB, 775x662px
Is there a risk for your balls to get between your harness and oyur body when your chute deploys ? Litterally having your balls busting
>>
>>33037213
t. only wears boxers
>>
>>33037245
>he doesn't know the freedom of wearing boxers
And you call yourself American.
>>
>>33030789
>>33030825
>>33030908
>>33031060
>>33031804
>>33032205

why are military "memes" so deeply unfunny?

why are military personnel so incapable of acting like normal sociable human beings?
>>
>>33037286
Part of it is that it's all inside joke type shit and part of it is that for some reason privates will laugh at anything if it even attempts to make fun of the army
>>
>>33036371
>one week later their country is dead cause immigrants do all the work.
This. Wait until machines replace the field workers.
>>
>>33032562
I would not. That impact would eventually break you, I think.
>>33032746
More like 20fps, but yeah, still damn brutal.
>>33033436
Who's Sam?
>>33033457
No rope, only Universal Static Line Modified.
>>33033477
My rigger, my rigger.
>>33033478
Don't.
>>33035707
Airborne wheeled vehicle mechanic.
>>33035866
Didn't see it.
>>33036463
1) It's definitely rewarding and interesting, even through all the bullshit.
2) Lots of Parachute Landing Falls. Like, all day, every day. You'll do that shit if you fall out of your bunk by the end of it. A lot of running, too, but it's all a slow pace called the Airborne Shuffle.
3) Get gud with running. Basic and AIT should get you taken care of, there. Airborne likes to run fucking EVERYWHERE, for some stupid reason.
4) I would have taken PT more seriously in AIT.
>>33037075
5 jumps? Can you count?
>>33037081
Haven't. You ever hear of INFOSEC?
>>33037094
Not nearly as much as I would have liked. The PT test to get into the school is the standard for an 18 year old, no matter what your actual age is. 42 pushups, 53 situps, 15:54 2-mile run.>>33037190
Nah, those fuckers are fast, man.
>>33037213
I learned the hard way that it's very possible. One of out jumpmasters gave me very sagely advice: "Before you cinch down your leg straps, make sure all your furniture is in the same room."

Guess who's back, fuckers.
>>
>>33039746
Same guy with the scoliosis.. it doesn't affect me. I really wanted to go to jump school. But I guess I'll just be legs or cav scout I guess. Still haven't even gone to meps because I can't even score high enough on asvab
>>
>>33040162
You seem fairly intelligent, at least in general. Study up for the ASVAB and talk to your recruiter about getting a waiver. If you're dedicated, they'll do what they can to make you a soldier.
>>
How do you feel about that "combat" jump in iraq in 2003 when they assaulted that deserted airfield already captured by kurdish militia. In b4 colonel gi joe wanted a star on his jumpwings
>>
File: 01.jpg (8KB, 272x252px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
8KB, 272x252px
>>33031931
I've read this before.
>>
>>33041350
I've posted it before quite a bit flimflam, just never figured anyone would recognize it
>>
>>33041309
173d. #notmydivision

In all honesty, I wasn't there. Sounds like they wanted American troops on the ground fast. That's what we're here for.
>>
>>33030789
ludi you should be in bed
>>
>>33041477
>>33033436
Man, I'm glad you guys aren't Intel.
>>
File: OPERATION WIND SPRING 2015.png (1MB, 1304x561px) Image search: [Google]
OPERATION WIND SPRING 2015.png
1MB, 1304x561px
>>33041431
I have a question for you: Why does your command hate you so much?

I worked with 173rd in Romania and they jumped with, IIRC, 17 knots of wind. We were monitoring the ump on the command net and a three star had to have his way and made the unit jump.

There were four spinal injuries and enough musculoskeletal shit that we filled up a highback with dudes and drove to the Romanian hospital 20 miles away.

This could have been averted but it went on anyways. Not even my piece of shit unit would do us dirty like that.
>>
>>33031772
Senpai your going to want to trust me on this and never join regiment unless we are actively fighting in a war
>>
>>33039746
this jump from Godzilla.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKqpDr3r8fc
>>
>>33038334
robot here.
yeah... we are not in the mood to be your slaves either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzrWANNrNvs
>>
File: 1487384700528.jpg (451KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
1487384700528.jpg
451KB, 1200x848px
>>33030789
Scatphobe here,
What happens if you shit yourself mid cord pull? Does it hike up your back? If you have the runs does the guy below you need to watch out?
>>
How hard is to get injured when jumping/landing?
>>
>>33046065
I'm a static line paratrooper. Never done a free-fall like that. From what I can tell, though, there's no jump commands, no on-board warnings, no briefings, it seems like a crock. Thematically engaging, though.
>>33046096
We tend not to shit ourselves during jumps.
>>33046184
It isn't hard at all to get hurt, if you don't know what you're doing. In the aircraft, you have to deal with the possibility for static line injuries, turbulence, and poor exits, which can end your day before your chute even opens. In the air, you have the chance to get entangled with other jumpers in a flavorful variety of ways, none of which I recommend. Then, if you don't properly dissipate your momentum when you land, you're subject to a whole host of injuries. Back, knees, legs, neck, all of that can break pretty easily. DZ hazards are big issues, too. One of our guys busted his leg on a howitzer coming down. Just happens sometimes.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.