[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Cheap Non-Commie Surplus Rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Carbine.jpg (9KB, 300x146px) Image search: [Google]
Carbine.jpg
9KB, 300x146px
What's a good non-commie surplus rifle? I first wanted a mosin nagant but I ain't going to accept no commie rifle into my home!
>>
>>33029444
>mosin nagant
>commie rifle
just buy an early one faggot.

buy french, jap, german, spanish or whatever surplus you short minded looser. this should be in QTDTOT
>>
>>33029444
There really isn't much because our government is anti gun at the moment.
>>
buy a garand through the cmp
>>
>>33029466
French """guns""" are not real guns.

They are cuck toys for emasculated cowards.
>>
>>33029444
The only M1 Carbine I want is an IBM produced one.

and even then, there's dozens of commie surplus rifles I'd have before an IBM M1 Carbine.
>>
>>33029444
nothing, especially not the shitty M1 Carbine

Try an AR-15
>>
>>33029514

I take it you've never handled a MAS 36 or 49.

It's okay, lots of people have little to no experience with French firearms, and share your misconceptions.
>>
I want surplus USMC M16A4s
>>
>>33029566

No, you want surplus M16A1's.
In volume.
And cheap.
>>
>>33029444
Finnish mosin. If you really don't want anything commie you can get an American made mosin that was bought by the US government when Russia wouldn't pay for the rifles they contracted.
>>
>>33029590
Theres not much more anti-commie than a finnish mosin. M39s were always given to frontline jager units, so most of them have propably drawn commie blood.
>>
Cheap? sporterized Lee Enfield.
>>
File: FiringsquadLankipohja.jpg (16KB, 528x347px) Image search: [Google]
FiringsquadLankipohja.jpg
16KB, 528x347px
>>33029444
>What's a good non-commie surplus rifle? I first wanted a mosin nagant but I ain't going to accept no commie rifle into my home!

Finnish nugget.
>>
>>33029663
2nd this. Its a great gun and makes for a project to restore. Im almost done mine. Just need the wood for #1mk3 and a few other small parts.
>>
Surplus M1 Carbines are not cheap.

the best bet these days are Mausers and Swiss pull actions.
>>
>>33029444
Why do you care if it was made by communists? The way I see it, the guns once used by totalitarian dictators to subjugate the population are now my playthings. That said I think you're just messing with us so get a Mauser
>>
>>33031718
I don't like you but I do second a mauser
>>
>>33029444

lee enfield,

any kind of mauser rifle
>>
>>33029739

But really, Finnish Mosins are a cut above the other WW2 military rifles. Only the Swiss rifles come above the M39 in terms of accuracy, but competitors still often win with M39's when paired against K31's in surplus rifle competitions.
>>
File: Austro-Hungarian M95 Steyr.jpg (146KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Austro-Hungarian M95 Steyr.jpg
146KB, 600x450px
>>33029444
I hear Steyr-Mannlicher M95s are kind of cheap.
Straight-pull and uses en-bloc clips, so they can be pretty damn fast, the Austrians would call it "the back-and-forth".

Maybe not quite nugget-cheap, and maybe not quite nugget simple, but with basic maintenance you have very nice rifle that's pretty sturdy.

Depending on where you get ammo you can sometimes find the 8x56mmR for a dollar a round or less.

>>33029514
The French actually spearheaded some incredibly important development in firearms in the 1800s, and their service rifles up until the FAMAS were actually quite good.
>>
File: kamikaze pilot painting.jpg (87KB, 458x640px) Image search: [Google]
kamikaze pilot painting.jpg
87KB, 458x640px
>>33032283
It was my impression that the FAMAS was still a fairly good rifle.

To keep in line with the thread, maybe try arisakas? The japanese have always hated the russians and the build quality on most are astounding considering the price. The only problem is ammo cost.
>>
>>33029527
>>33029525
Fuck you people, the M1 Carbine is excellent.

>>33029578
Gonna agree with this, would be tits to have cheap M16s with actual full-auto (they'd be lighter too). Also dat retro aesthetic.

>>33029663
>>33031659
There's an idea.

Things can get a bit trickier if the sporterized gun has been rebarreled, depending on the gun, and if it was rebarreled properly or some asshole just JB-welded a caliber conversion sleeve in the chamber (if it has been rebarreled in a good way, consider if you find the new chambering more practical or not)
>>
>>33032310
The FAMAS was arguably mediocre by the time it was adopted, and as time went on it's drawbacks really shows.

Since they can't really get new sources of ammo for them easily anymore (it can't fire normal cartridges without raping the brass, lots of case head separation), they've kind of just been forced to replace it, and the trials concluded that they would go with the HK416 (a very suitable replacement indeed).

Just as an example, if the rifle they had adopted all the way back then had been something like an M16A1, FNC or HK33, they wouldn't have that issue with ammo at all and they could actually continue to cheepskate with rifles for decades more (especially given that there's people making spare and replacement parts for the things today, while nobody has made parts for the FAMAS in many years).

So no new parts, no suitable ammo, they pretty much painted themselves into a corner having to replace it, and really, they aren't very fantastic rifles so it's not a big loss, especially if you consider that the HK416 is pretty good and is widely compatible with lots of parts, even if H&K would stop making the things, it wouldn't be hard to get some manufacturer of ARs somewhere to make substitute parts.

As for the Arisakas, they're actually pretty good milsurp, obscenely sturdy and safe lockup, there's no realistic scenario where you could make the breech fail.
>>
>>33031659
The jagoff that sporterized mine before i got it cut off the rear sight mounts. I was going to attempt to un-sporterize it, mostly because the modern sights installed on it are garbage. After I saw that tho.....
>>
>>33029514
But the french were a major player in firearms development.
>>
File: 1454366503012.png (297KB, 3507x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1454366503012.png
297KB, 3507x1200px
>>33029514
>They are cuck toys for emasculated cowards.

It was french guns, large ones mounted on ships, that fought for American freedom just to give the English a major fuck you. A few recent losses does not negate their military history or the impact the French had on firearms.

>>33029444
If you want an M1 Carbine, allow me to give you a short primer. .30 carbine fired from a M1 Carbine is a man stopper on par with .357 magnum in terms of velocity and energy. Those stores of it not penetrating a chink's coat in Korea are told by the same people who where missing chinks in Korea. Prior to the special response units getting a hold on military gear, cops used M1 Carbines and a lot of them swore by it. They're light, fun to shoot, and all around fun guns. That said they have their share of problems. Surplus is prone to wear and failing, and you will end up buying the gun twice in parts. Inland reproductions are flat shit, and Auto-Ordinance carbines require a few hundred rounds of breaking in before they start to actually work properly. And no matter what of the guns you get, the magazines are a bitch and unless you work around with the spring your life will be FTE after FTE after FTE. Regardless of if the magazine is a 30 rounder, 15 rounder, GI surplus, brand new, or otherwise. 1 out of 3 will work out of the bag because half the time the spring needs to be turned around or stretched a little.
>>
>>33029444
I would have to give a recommendation to the M1917 Enfield, they're going up in price these days but you can still snag M1917's for far less than M1903's and the M1. It's a painfully overbuilt Mauser type action with heavily protected sights and in general is more heavily built than it's Springfield counterpart. I've heard it said before that the Springfield was a good riflemans weapon and the M1917 was the better combat weapon.

Be aware that some WWII era refurbishments of the M1917 replaced their original barrels with Johnson Automatic two-groove barrels and the Eddystone production rifles had their barrels put into place with the hand of god. More than likely if you have a smith try and pull the barrel on an Eddystone the receiver will bust due to stress.
>>
>>33029444
Ishapore Enfield. They have the speed and strength of the Lee-Enfield bolt action and fire .308 cartridges.
>>
>>33029444
The FN-FAL is literally known as 'The right arm of the free world."
>>
>>33029444
>>33029514
We can't post here , this is a b8 country.
>>
>>33029444
mauser 98k
m1 garrand
ak47
mas 36
FN FAL
springfield m1903
lee enfield MK3
>>
>>33029514
you are high off of your own shit.

the french were some of the best engineers in the world for a very long time, and their soldiers went through the toughest shit of ww1 along with the best of them.

what happened in ww2 was a political shit tornado that shit all over every aspect of life, if the Germans hadn't invaded there would have been a civil war in a year.
>>
>>33032417
>Since they can't really get new sources of ammo for them easily anymore (it can't fire normal cartridges without raping the brass, lots of case head separation),
>This fucking meme again
How many times does a nigga have to repost the history of french 5.56 ammunition and their shit tier quality control. The F1A, F2 and F2A steel cass ammunition is no longer issued. The main issue with F1 ammo is that the brass was very soft and would easily break apart. Once they got their brass M193 (F3) and SS109 (F5, they army rebarreled their rifles to a 1:9" twist) imported, they were good to go to shoot it. They did an attempt of making domestic brass SS109 with the F4 ammunition but decided to have it imported from Britain since it was cheaper. Overall, you're very accurate in finding parts again since they've shut down their government factories and had it integrated with a larger one. Is the FAMAS mediocre? I wouldn't say so, it did its job well and maintained itself free from jams during the sandy environments of Operation Serval and their peace keeping/ engagement operations in Africa, is ambidextrous as a bullpup and is currently compatible with common ammunition. Of course, like many rifles, the FAMAS had issues with quality control when it was introduced initially, before it was refined throughout the years. The F1, however, is an aging design compared to the more modernized G2 that was adopted by the French Navy. The FAMAS is certainly not the best rifle, but it's not mediocre either, especially when France wasn't a member of NATO (They withdrew in 1966 to make their independent defense and military arms system until rejoining in 2009).
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.