[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time shooting experience thread:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 4-year-old-first-time-shooting.png (738KB, 970x710px) Image search: [Google]
4-year-old-first-time-shooting.png
738KB, 970x710px
When you first shot a gun how did it feel? And did you hit or miss?

When I first shot a gun it was a glock 17, I was nervous as hell because I was a skinny fag. My first shot I missed and my second I hit the target on the nose.
>>
A little embarrassing to admit but I was like 19-20 when I fired my first gun. It was a ruger .22 pistol and I was shooting at old skunky beer bottles with my cousin; I hit it on my first shot
>>
>>33028175
Mine was when i was 12 i think. I was in the boy scouts and it was just plinking .22s. I cant recall hitting anything, just that i kept putting rounds downrange
>>
>>33028175
I was maybe 7 or 8 years old and I was shooting a .22 rifle my grandfather brought out that day to help me and my older brother learn how to shoot. Pretty sure I hit between the 8 or 9 ring with my first shot. Hesitation ruined my shooting the rest of the day
>>
>>33028175
Target shooting, handgun class, hit. I remember feeling a sort of apprehension beforehand, because I was still learning how the mechanisms worked, and relief when I managed to pull off a few shots without breaking anything. I felt rather more confident by the end of it, though, but still full of the nervous energy.
>>
>>33028175
My dad used to take me to his black powder matches, and he let me try shooting his sharps 45-90 after a match. I was about 7-8 years old, it damn near took my arm off, and ive been in love ever since.
>>
Aged 8, Winchester model 64 .22.
>>
I was probably like 12 or 13 when I was in the young marines. Some dudes dad brought a mak90 and I also shot a black powder rifle
>>
>>33028175
yuropoor, 20, cz99 pistol, shot and hit the silhouette 5 times at 30meters but none of the shots were near each other.

Felt fucking magical, didn't know they were so loud and the ammunition was so small, always though ammo was big.
>>
Young, with a scoped 10/22. Like, really young. Probably 4 or 5. Dad was always a hunter. Got me a Daisy Red Ryder not too long after.
>>
Six or seven years old.

A home-made, tube fed, bolt-action .22lr frankengun my dad made out of Marlin and Henry parts.

I hit the target but my pattern was all over the place.

He still has it lying around 20 years later.
>>
>>33028175
Somewhere between 10 and 13, shot my Dad's break-action .22 revolver. I think I preferred my BB gun at the time because it had a stock and was easier to line up the sites.
>>
>>33028175
>12yo
>go to youth conservation/shooting group at gun club
>12ga mossy pump
>station 7, low bird skeet field
>crush it
>shoot all clay games competitively ever since.
>>
>>33028175
I think I was 22 when I first shot a real gun, shot 22. Pistol jimenz jamed after every round.

Shot a nugget it was fun, couldn't hit shit past the past the 30yard mark.

Shot a 12 gauge got a sore shoulder.

Shot a 1911 of some sort. Stood there like a fool not knowing what to do after the mag was empty.

Overall 9/10 for first experience. Nugget was my favorite to shoot. I've always been partial to rifles.
>>
File: CIL 972-C.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
CIL 972-C.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>33028175
I was around 7 years old I think.
Dad took me to the range with his brother for their sight in before the moose hunt.
I remember it hurt my shoulder since it's 30-06.

Since then he's given it to me.
>>
>>33028175
>grew up with overprotective parents
>overprotective meaning they banned action movies and violent vidya from the house
>got chewed out numerous times for playing FPS games but kept playing in secret and developing a liking for guns
>learn about /k/ from friend, start lurking
>let the gun obsession begin
>turn 18
>get job and funds
>walk to indoor range 2 blocks away from school
>first gun fired was a beat-up rental Beretta Cx4
>hit every single one of 100 rounds of 9mm Parabellum
I started at 10 yards and worked my way out to 25, left a ragged 2-inch hole torn two inches below the center of the target. I didn't realize until months later that the shots hit low because I was shooting with my left eye instead of my right and parallax fucked me over. I fired 100 rounds total from the Cx4 and their rental CZ 75B, loved both. I bought a Cx4 as my first gun about 6 months later once I could afford it.
>11 months after first time shooting
>now own 3 rifles (Cx4, Mauser M1891, Steyr M95M found at a pawn shop) and a shitty chink crossbow pistol, will soon be buying a shotgun
If I buy the shotgun before March 1st, I'll have bought one gun per month since October 2016, except for December.
>>
I used to hunt squirrels with an air rifle as a kid (<12), but then my dad got job opportunity in a noguns country, so I didn't shoot any real firearms until age 15 during a Christmas visit to the states. Only a 10/22, some .38spl wheelgat, and a G17. I did OK but my little brother who was 9 at the time cried because he couldn't hit any bullseyes.

I then joined marksmanship team in high school for only 2 years where we shot .177 air rifles and didn't get serious about guns until age 19 after I moved back to the US. My main hobby has always been /o/, firearms only came into light when I couldn't take my car with me.
>>
>>33028175
Felt pretty cool,

>Taking enviromental leadership course in Highschool
>took the class to basically fuck around for a full day taking data on trees and going on canoe trips instead of school work
>One day teacher brings in member of the MNR(Ministry of Natural Resouces) he also happens to be a fudd at the local Rod and Gun club
>Takes the whole class out trap shooting for the school day
>Go to club
>Bunch of shotguns on a rack, bunch of old 870s/ mossmans also some Winchester SXPs
>Pick the SXP because its black = tacticool
>First shot, dont hold the stock tight enough against my shoulder and it thuds into it
>Get corrected on proper cheek weld,
>End up doing 2nd best in the class
>Go home with a sore shoulder and a smile
>>
>>33029119
Also first centrefire pistol i shot was a Colt 1911 chambered in .38 special it was weird as fuck and we ended up having feeding problems
>>
>>33028175
Don't know because it was almost 30 years ago.
Dad says I did okay. Who the fuck really knows
>>
>>33028175

The first gun I shot was a Daisy bolt action .22 that my dad bought for me. I was around 2 years old when he bought it but I didn't get to shoot it until I was 5. I can't remember exactly how it felt but I'm 31 now and I've been into funs ever since.
>>
Around 5 years old maybe. Colt buntline scout 22lr.

First rifle was a 1903A1 around 9. Hurt real bad.
>>
>>33028175
I was 9 and it ruined handguns for me since the dude made me teacup after telling him that it really hurt and was uncomfortable to do.
the rifle and shotgun were pretty fun though.
>>
File: 1481402791473.jpg (564KB, 1000x1235px) Image search: [Google]
1481402791473.jpg
564KB, 1000x1235px
I first shot a gun when I was 22, taking my CCL test. I had never touched a gun before so I was nervous but I did alright. Army vet next to me and the instructor complimented my shooting so I wasn't too retarded.
>>
>>33028175
first gun was a shitty single shot breech loading .410, the adrenaline rush i got was mad
>>
>>33028199
I was 25.
>>
>>33028175
Was in boot camp, had already dry fired for what seemed like an eternity beforehand, so when it was time to actually send rounds downrange it was boring. I just wanted to go home. Later on, endless repetitive rifle and pistol drills convinced me guns were boring as fuck. I only started to like guns again after my friend let me shoot his shotgun a few years later.
>>
Shot a BB gun when I was like 8, don't remember much
Later shot a 20 gauge when I was 11 or 12, dad did a poor job teaching kid me how to handle it well, I was blind as a bat but wasn't wearing real glasses at the time so I couldn't see shit and it hurt my shoulder a bit
>>
>>33030190
Hey same here.
Except I was 25.
I'm still 25.
>>
>be 22 /out/ist
>want to get into hunting and dad wants to get back into it after a long while
>I'll have to use guns I guess
>grandma has old belgian 20ga SxS
>we go somewhere in the back of their land to try it
>shitting bricks, was born and raised in a very anti-gun context right after Polytechnique (by some regards our Sandy Hook of sorts) so kinda terrified because of conditioning
>get set
>have surprisingly good stance for someone who never shot before
>bang
>EEEEEE
>dude this is awesome
>the rest is history

Maybe that's why I'm a total shotgunfag.
>>
>>33028175
.22 when I was just a boy. I think I did hit on my second or so. Maybe my first. Either way I didn't care because i loved it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.