[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bobbed Hammers on DA/SA Guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Why are modern, defensive DA/SA pistols not used with bobbed hammers? The DAO guns are, but I feel they are just as ideal on a DA/SA gun. The hammer spur is an unnecessary holdover from the revolver days (and I would argue that they are unnecessary on DA revolvers anyway) that is just a huge snag point. I get why gun companies make them (for the same reason they make hooked trigger guards) by why don't those customize companies, like Wilson Combat, make spur-less hammers?

I also understand why non-defensive shooters want them, too, just so they never have to deal with the double action hammer.
>>
>>33028016
>I feel they are just as ideal on a DA/SA gun. The hammer spur is an unnecessary holdover from the revolver days
ok how do you manually cock a bobbed hammer on a da/sa gun without the spur?
on a dao bobbed is fine cause you will never ever manually cock the hammer but you will with a da/sa.
>>
>>33028135
My point being that manually cocking the hammer on a DA/SA gun is unnecessary
>>
>not having a hammer spur

You need a spur to use a string or rubber band to do the full auto mod.
>>
>>33028158
FUCK! I forgot!
>>
>>33028135
He wants a da/sa for the saftey of carrying decocked, but with the ease of an SA trigger once shit hits the fan.

OP, on models like the Wilson G92 you could probably opt for that or Bob it yourself. Most wouldn't as you just removed the feature of first shot SA. It takes away but only adds the benefit of no snag, which is already reduced with a commander style rounded hammer.
>>
>>33028179
I suppose so, that makes sense. I don't use the hammer spur, but I see why it's not much of an advantage.
>>
>>33028016
DAK
>>
>snag point

This shouldn't be an issue considering it's common practice to place your thumb over the hammer when drawing or reholstering.
>>
>>33028179
>He wants a da/sa for the saftey of carrying decocked, but with the ease of an SA trigger once shit hits the fan.

This is literally and I mean literally what HK LEM was made for.
>>
>>33028155
Why carry a DA/SA if you cant manually cock it if you need to?
>>
>>33028155
>getting a better first trigger pull is unnecessary
>>
>>33029878
>being this much of a scrub that you can't manage a 12lb trigger pull
>ever cocking the hammer on a DA/SA gun
>ever
>>
>>33029904
If you are so much of a manly man, why not just carry DAO?
>>
>>33029928
>why not just carry DAO?

Because you can't shoot it as fast as you can shoot DA/SA. The P250 is a good DAO gun that people don't give enough credit for but like LEM, you won't shoot it as fast as a DA/SA, SAO or striker fired gun
>>
>>33029947
I guess I just can't relate to your wants, but you could just use a dremmel to get them.
>>
>>33030032
>I guess I just can't relate to your wants

If you wish, I can explain my rationale for a preference to DA/SA guns over DAO or striker for that matter.
>>
>>33030048
No I get the DA/SA, but I don't get giving up the versatility of being able to manually cock the hammer.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.