[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is $800 a good price for a m1 garand? Seller says the receiver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: tmp_9535-images515339622.jpg (4KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9535-images515339622.jpg
4KB, 240x180px
Is $800 a good price for a m1 garand? Seller says the receiver is ww2 era Springfield armory, but the rest of it is non matching serial numbers from a rebuild sometime after ww2. Says it was possibly a reimport,but it looks like it's in good condition.
>>
I thought they ran out?
>>
>>33027299
Just wait a couple months. Trump is gonna make the Korean Garands come over and they'll be under $200 a piece, maybe under $100.
>>
>>33027299
FPBP
>>
>>33027305
Didn't CMP say they wouldn't take the Korean Garands because they're all in shit condition?
>>
>>33027303
Private seller. If the CMP ran out then it can't be that bad of a deal, right?
>>
>>33027305
>Trump is gonna make the Korean Garands come over and they'll be under $200 a piece, maybe under $100.
You might actually be retarded

>>33027320
This was partly my understanding. Those ones from Korea would have been sold not through the CMP but through the private (FFL) market

Importation was blocked because Obama said so, not because of the CMP.
>>
>>33027320
Bunch of fudds who are just trying to jew you. Why do you think they've gone up in price every single year?
>>
>>33027299
That's probably a decent price if it falls into the Service Grade category.
>>
>>33027334
Just you wait unbeliever. $100 SVDs are coming too.
>>
From my understanding that's about market average for a decent M1 Garand, maybe a bit under.
>>
It's likely that the majority of the Korean garands are not in great condition, true. But the numbers are so large, and the demand is so great, that its probably still economical to import them and sort through for surviving examples to sell, and part out the rest of them
>>
>>33027320
No, hat was Obama. The Korean ones will go through regular FFL's like nuggets do, not the CMP. Even if they are kinda beat up, I'd still take one if I could get it for only a few hundred bucks.
>>
>>33027320

The CMP is not going to be receving any korean garands. The CMP only sells rifles loaned by the army to other countries through the MAP after theyve been returned. The Koreans were loaned some a purchased some, but the documentation for which serial numbers were loaned has since been lost and thus, cannot be returned to the army. So they are going to sell them to a commercial importer
>>
>>33027303
You're not so smart huh
>>
Speaking of Garands, what happened to all the ones we gave Japan, west Germany, and Italy post war?
>>
>>33027968
scrap
>>
On a somewhat related note, is the CMP online store still the best place to get 30-06 or are there comparable online stores elsewhere?
>>
File: 1486852305656.jpg (30KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1486852305656.jpg
30KB, 375x523px
>garand replacing moist nugget as the cheap milsurp rifle
This timeline tho
>>
>>33028007
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>33027320
Wasn't the CMP. Just fudds that spend their entire retirement checks on garands from the CMP so they can fleece people at gunshows.

Considering that South Korea has a hostile nation of 25 million on its border, I doubt they would let a have a million Garands/Carbines that would still be fairly combat effective just rot.
>>
>>33028192
Will that actually happen with quality Garands? Or will they be a bunch of shitty condition garands that are sold for $100 each because you need 3 of them to get the parts for 1 working one?
>>
>>33029769
$300 for a working Garand is still a good deal. And then you'll have leftover parts you can use to make your wife some fine jewelry.
>>
So...if the korea ones are going through FFL's I guess that means they'll have ugly importer engravings. IDK, that kinda kills it for me.
>>
>>33029876
Sadly yes.
>>
>>33030023
Dont suppose they can just engrave a clip, stick it in and call it a day? Whatever. Worrying about ammo cost over that guns cost is an overall good thing.
>>
>>33030065
Nope. Gotta be on the receiver.
>>
What's with people talking about new Garands all of a sudden from Korea? Is there new news lately? I looked online and couldn't find anything from recent years. I've been looking fora Garand for a while and I don't care too much about serial numbers and markings as all of my guns are meant to be used.
>>
$800 is about what a service grade goes for.

Service Grades among the best of the rifles that were actually used.

higher grades are usually never used rifles or rebuilds for competition and .308win.

never pay more than $900 for a Garand. at least as long as CMP has inventory.

those fucking jews that flip CMP rifles for $1300 or more don't deserve your money.
>>
>>33031159
Because King Nigger is gone and now we have a president that at the very least is not anti fun.
>>
>>33031397
So...nothing concrete?
>>
File: 1466735376658.jpg (120KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
1466735376658.jpg
120KB, 500x598px
What if I can get ahold of a decommissioned Garand that has a weld at the gas block, op rod disassembly point, and at the joint of the receiver and barrel? How much time and needless labor would it take to chisel out those welds to be able to replace the bolt and barrel? Also, how commonly available are bolts and barrels?

>assume that this is not a project of logic or practicality
>>
>>33031498
people rebuild Drill Rifle Garands from spare CMP parts.

drill rifles usually have weld beads on the bolt face and breech.

http://forums.thecmp.org/archive/index.php/t-46796.html
>>
>>33031531
I am aware. I am a former S-2 in an ROTC battalion.

How much would it cost me to get a drill rifle?
>>
>>33031565
$320 for the drill rifle. cmp website says sold out.
>>
>>33031621
Well fuck. That is more expensive that I would have wanted and more rare than anticipated.

Thanks for the help. This will be a "some day" project I'll have to keep up on.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.