[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /k/ I was interested in buying the mosin nagant like the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_2846.jpg (90KB, 960x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2846.jpg
90KB, 960x700px
Okay /k/ I was interested in buying the mosin nagant like the one simo hayha used but I don't know enough about guns to just go buy one does anyone know the model year of the rifle he used its effective range etc I want a reliable rifle and heard this is one of the best so /k/ please inform me
>>
File: Fin pepe.jpg (138KB, 1023x654px) Image search: [Google]
Fin pepe.jpg
138KB, 1023x654px
>>33022974
No use in buying one, only if the spirits of your Mongolian forefathers occupy the rifle you will be able to shoot like Simo did
>>
>>33022996
I'm not interested in slaying hundreds of men I just want a reliable rifle that is accurate and I prefer bolt action I just heard the mosin was great
>>
>>33022974

Hahaha! Look at the fucken face on that Simo guy. No wonder he became good with a gun. Everyone was laughing at the goiter on is face!!

He even has a "Fuck my life!" look on his face in that pic.
>>
Buy a .22 bolt action and learn to shoot before you spend money on something you will be disappointed by. If you buy a nugget having never fired a gun before, several things will go wrong.

You will fail to clean the bolt and chamber properly and end up with an extremely heavy, sticky bolt travel. You'll buy one without knowing what you're looking for and you'll get a barrel so shot out you couldn't hit a barn while standing inside. You'll be disappointed with all the pitting in the metal and nicks in the wood because you don't understand why they are there. You'll never shoot the damn thing because after firing 20 rounds your shoulder is going to be too sore to stuff more rounds in the magazine and you're going to develop a flinch because you're actually afraid of the pain even if you don't admit it.

Tl;dr if it's your first rifle, get a cheap plinker in .223 or lighter. There is nothing wrong with getting a .22, you'll shoot it more than anything else and actually git gud.
>>
>>33023015
>great
mosins are beater guns. dont fall for the meme, get a mauser or SMLE.
>>
>>33023021

That's from getting blown up
>>
>>33023066
I have a 22 hornet and a 243 Winchester I think it may be Remington I'm not certain but I have used guns before but I'm not versed enough to make an informed decision
>>
>>33023015
They're not.

Mosins were great when they cost $80. They're FANTASTIC for $80 guns.

For a $200-$400 gun they're pretty shitty
>>
>>33022974
>simo haya
>not finnish myth
>>
>>33023351
Thanks for the input with a roughly $500 budget what sort of bolt action rifle would you recommend for shooting 200m+ I would like something durable and reliable for extended outdoor use (i.e. Weeks outside)
>>
>>33023361
The Finnish government inflated his kill count for propaganda purposes. He's estimated to have actually killed like 200 people.

Which is still a shitload
>>
>>33023021

His face in that one photo shows that happens when one gets shots to cheek with exploding bullet. There were already two international treaties banning the military use of such bullets against infantry, but the Soviets used them anyway. So are you into ridiculing wounded war veterans of your own country for their injuries as well?
>>
>>33023015
Get a mauser, remington or SMLE instead. The action is smoother, easier to handle, and cost around the same, maybe a little more.
>>
>>33023021
He got shot in the jaw defending his coutry from soviets, more of a man/human than you ever will be.
>>
>>33023393
>Weeks outside
Something with synthetic furniture then honestly.
For $500 you could get a Savage Axis or Ruger American and a serviceable basic scope.

My advice for poorfags looking for boltguns is to cruise pawn shops though. You can get stuff like a Winchester Model 70 (a fucking EXCELLENT Mauser-action-style bolt gun) for well within your price range, and a lot of times pawn shop guns will have shockingly good glass on them.

If you're married to the idea of a WWII-era gun get a Mauser or K31. You're gonna have to do some shopping around though.

Avoid Remington guns like the plague. "Muh American Sniper" aside they're not great, especially not the budget models
>>
>>33023456
Yeah I wanted to do some survival style camping involving hunting for food and such so I want to have a reliable rain or shine
>>
>>33023069

t. Mr "all Mosins are the same".

I guess the next you will be claiming that all bolt-action Mauser rifles the same as well.

Simo used early production Finnish m/28-30 military rifle, which had already used successfully to win many shooting competitions before the war. While he was an exceptional marksman, m/28-30 is also the Cadillac of Mosin-Nagant rifles when it comes to design & built-quality. Built for Finnish Civil Guard is has excellent iron sights later also used in rifle m/39, but somewhat lighter stock (two stock variations exist), heavier barrel and tighter (when new .3085) bore. Hence if you get one avoid shooting surplus and make your own ammo with commonly available .30 caliber bullets. Throat section of cartridge chamber used in m/28-30 was optimized for Lapua D47 & D47 FMJBT bullets, which are still available from the manufacturer every now and then. Barrel is free-float. Fixed magazines used in m/28-30 had the same "HV" (häiriövapaa = jamming-free) conversion as later used in rifles m/39. Trigger used in them was a modified Russian m/91 with "mouse-trap spring" added to provide good 2-stage trigger. The rifle was issued with Civil Guard m/30 rifle sling, which is basically an improved version of US pattern 1907 rifle sling.

Most m/28-30 rifles were exported from Finland more than quarter a century ago, so they can now only be found in secondary market and are not exactly cheap.
>>
>>33023526
The m28/30 was what I was interested in what can you tell me about loading your own ammo for that rifle
>>
>>33023539

Sorry I cannot really help in this, since I don't load ammo for m/28-30, even if I own m/28-30 that was made in 1938. Here in Finland there is good short-range ammo (loaded with 124-grain FMJ-bullets) from both Sako and Lapua, but they now cost about 1.50 euros/round. I am shooting old military rifle competitions with Swedish m/96 (or Finnish m/39 every now and then), so m/28-30 is bit a safe queen at the moment.

I can only recommend getting good cartridge cases - Lapua, Sako and Norma all make very high-quality 7.62 mm x 53R/54R cartridge cases. As mentioned Lapua D46/D47 (D47 is basically D46 with cannelure) is generally known as the bullet of choice, although what I have heard Lapua Scenar and various other .308 boat-tail bullets also seem to work quite well.

Collector's Forum at Gunboards would be a good place to ask about the ammo. Some earlier discussions:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?493105-finn-m28-30-ammo

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?369506-Guys-that-reload-for-their-M28-30s

BTW: Slight memory error from my part - the actual bore in m/28-30 was/is .3082, not .3085.
>>
>>33023015
literally any modern hunting rifle chambered in .270 or .308 is better than a mosin.
>>
>>33023992

Not everybody is after the latest shiny thing.
>>
>>33022974
>implying that Faylha didn't boost the numbers
>buying his no scope gives you a lower profile-bullshit
>implying Sabaton is good
>implying that no bragging is the same thing as humility, more like he didn't want anyone to call out him on his bullshit
>>
>>33023975
Thanks for the input it is helpful
>>
If Simo Hayha were in this thread he'd probably say something like get the best rifle you can afford.

Don't just get a Mosin because that's what he used. He used it because that was the best that was available to him at the time, because Finland didn't have a big arms industry. They do now though, so if you want a Finnish gun, you could get a Sako or a Tikka instead.
>>
>>33023526
The nicest mosin< any modern hunting rifle.

While mosins and other milsurps are cool because of the historical aspect of them, they do not even come close to comparing to modern bolt action rifles in terms of accuracy and trigger pull.

Op just get a tikka t3 after you get a 22 or a 223 and make sure u actaully like guns.
>>
>>33024072
Literally the only advantage old guns have are the historical value. Other than that they are shit tier rifles. Think about what everyone says about them "shit accuracy, shit trigger, its chambered in some outdated expensive snowflake cartridge" just get a rifle in 308, 30-06 or 270.

If a modern rifle was produced with a shit trigger bad accuracy and overly expensive ammo litterally no one would buy it
>>
>>33022974
>505 """""confirmed""""" kills
I like both of them. Both of these examples are taken with bias.
This isn't even a real debate, this is a bait thread.
Shame.Shame.Shame.
>>
>>33024411
The thread isn't supposed to be a debate thread I just picked that picture because that was the picture I saw when people were talking about the mosin so I just grabbed that
>>
>>33023526
>>33023539
>>33022974

>28/30's are literally vaporware.

Seriously though if you do find one for sale, buy it for the collector value.

>INB4 "nuggets don't have collector value"
>>
>>33024388
>its chambered in some outdated expensive snowflake cartridge"

That doesn't apply to a Mosin though...
>>
>>33022974
christ kyle, the guy who killed civilians, lied about his service and was literally retarded? Glad he's dead
>>
File: 20151011_135446.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151011_135446.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>33022974
Sure are a lot of butthurt /pol/ Nazis in this thread, butthurt about the Lapland War.

Anyways, OP, as people have been saying the M28/30 is the model that Simo used. When comparing it to a regular 91/30, you have the following pros:

1. Pinpoint accuracy
2. Excellent trigger pull (Finnish 2-stage trigger, with about a 2lb break)
3. Open sights with protective ears on the front post
4. Better/more solid build quality

This being said, M28/30s are the most expensive model of Mosins out there (not including snipers). You might want to invest in an M/39, which actually has functional improvements over the 28/30:

1. More solid stock build than the M28/30, with semi-pistol-grip (curved grip that makes gripping easier)
2. Designed to accept .310-caliber ammunition (so standard Russian 54R). Will also fire the D166 ball very accurately. So it'll basically eat any modern production ammo as well, without special hand-loads, with comparable accuracy to the M28/30.

I have an M39 and it's my favorite rifle. The trigger is far superior to any modern two-stage trigger I've used, while the accuracy is better than most rifles I've come across (with some exceptions). Definitely invest in an M39 if you can't find an M28/30 or are interested in firing modern ammo.
>>
>>33025430
lol.
Good post Hunter 3-1 Actual
enjoy your lazy (you)
>>
File: 1418336233571.gif (2MB, 330x200px) Image search: [Google]
1418336233571.gif
2MB, 330x200px
>>33023015
>rifle that is accurate
>I just heard the mosin was great

Top fucking kek. Mosins are absolute garbage. For $100 they're great, yeah. Now that they're as expensive as they are, they're fucking useless. Finnish Mosins are cool for the collector value but at the end of the day it's still a Mosin, meaning it's a cheap piece of shit that will shoot 2-3MOA on a good day, assuming you can find one whose bore isn't so shot out it's basically a musket
>>
>>33023021
B8
>>
File: 00c.png (24KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
00c.png
24KB, 625x626px
>>33025490
here's your (You)
>>
>>33025516
Nothing I said was wrong. You sound like a triggered, delusional poorfag. There's a reason Mosins were like $80 even back in the day, and it wasn't because of their numbers. It was because they're pieces of shit and it's completely hit or miss if you even get one that can put lead on target from 300 yards.
>>
File: 8de.png (311KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
8de.png
311KB, 680x681px
>>33025544
>>
Why do bad people need to derail good threads? :[
>>
>>33025579
>:[

Reddit is down the hall and to the left
>>
>>33025579
SHUT the fuck up kid, grownups are talking
>>
File: 8dc.jpg (89KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
8dc.jpg
89KB, 625x626px
>>33025598
>>33025611
Damn, defend any Mosin and throw an emote out there and day/k/are goes wild.
>>
>>33025459
Thanks OP here I do reload my own ammo so I planned on making my own. I'm glad someone here has used a similar rifle and gave helpful insight. I appreciate the help thank you.
>>
>>33023432
If he wasnt such a loser he wouldn't have gotten shot
>>
>>33022974

You forgot to add for Kyle:

>Did not survive getting shot in the face.

Fucking pussy.
>>
File: IMG_3283.jpg (80KB, 716x703px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3283.jpg
80KB, 716x703px
>>33023021
bad b8 put more effort next time anon
>>
>>33023015
Get a Savage 110 instead. Leave milsurp for the collectors.
>>
>>33025544
Everything you said was wrong. 2-3 moa was the standard for ALL infantry rifles back in the day. It's still the standard for modern infantry rifles (at least in the U.S.).
>Muh $80
Oh, you're retarded. My mistake.
>>
>>33024725
You may be unaware of this,
but the internet likes pictures. Meme pictures will gain more attention than your actual message.
This thread is a Chris Kyle V. X thread.
Therefor, it is a bait thread, intentional or not.
>>
>>33024388

By practically all measurable ways Toyota Yaris 2016 is a better car than all-original 1967 Ford Mustang in like-new condition. Yet I doubt that if offered to have either of the two, practically no-one in /k/ would choose Toyota.

Finnish m/28-30 is the best standard issue military rifle of Mosin-Nagant family and a rifle with which practically all records were beaten in World Shooting Championships of year 1937. It is an sparking example of quality that Sako factory could manufacture in pre-World War 2 era - an attempt to build a military rifle with as excellent of a shooting accuracy that could ever be made with recycled receivers and bolts. Considering Sako had master craftsmen fine tuning the triggers, I am actually pretty sure straight from the factory typical m/28-30 had better trigger than modern typical US-made "Remchesters" (which lets face are known for their shitty trigger on side of the "pond") of cheapest variety and probably also better mechanical accuracy. When it comes to built quality 1930's Sako beats hands down typical cheap hunting rifles of this day, which have their "economy fit & finish".
>>
>>33026968
Well if anyone has more gun related comments feel free otherwise enjoy your arguments
>>
>>33023021
The trolls keep getting worse, get off your phone in school kiddo
>>
>>33027006
>By practically all measurable ways Toyota Yaris 2016 is a better car than all-original 1967 Ford Mustang in like-new condition. Yet I doubt that if offered to have either of the two, practically no-one in /k/ would choose Toyota.

I'd sell the fucking Mustang in a heartbeat. They weren't very good cars, but some people enjoy the styling. If I had to spend the proceeds on a vehicle it would be a Ford or GM gasoline engined dually. They actually get work done.
>>
If i remember right the rifle was the M27 Pystykorva, this is coming from a Finn so should be correct. Although if you live outside Finland it's going to be harder to track one down and they are pretty expensive
>>
>>33025544

t. Autist who thinks that all Mosins are the same as reburbished shit-quality Soviet m/91-30.
>>
>>33026491

So the answer to my earlier question is yes. You are shame to the whole humankind. Go away to /POL/ where you belong.
>>
>>33027581

Another Finnfag here - but a one that actually knows his shit. As said Simo's rifle was early production m/28-30, which he acquired since he was member of Civil Guard. Rifle m/27 was acquired for Armed Forces only, hence Civil Guard had none.
>>
>>33027581
Being a Finn on the internet is not a fucking achievement.
T. Yet another finn, one who doesn't pretend he knows shit about finnish mosins just because he was born here
>>
>>33023066
Ha, yeah. Mosin was my first gun and I by and large lucked out. I was also meticulous in researching what and how to go about it. Did have some float issues at the beginning causing my shoulder to hurt like a motherfucker. I also developed a flinch, but worked that out with practice. Terrible first gun, but it's mine and I love it.
>>
>>33023021
School must be out
>>
>>33027750 >>33028208 FINNISH HIM
>>
>>33027517
>Gasoline dually

Oh no, it's retarded
>>
>>33022974
Anon, do not buy a meme gun.
either build an ar308 or get a savage 10/11 in 308. good guns, better balistics, better ammo. do yourself a favor.
>I had a mosin for years
>paid $75 the day I turned 18
>sold it for $200
>never shot straight with out the bayonet
>heavy as fuck
>Only worked with spam can ammo
>>
>>33026491
I get that you're just shitposting, but someday you're gonna have to wake up and realize that pretending to be a shrieking retard doesn't actually make you a comedic genius.
>>
>>33031219
We're talking about Finnish Mosins here, not the Russian garbage rods (and even some of the 91/30s are quite good if you could find one with a shiny bore).

Finnish Mosins are oftentimes more accurate than modern-production firearms, but also come with reliable iron sights (the M28/30 and M39 have easily-adjustable front sights for windage, and excellent rear sight leaves for distance), beefy barrels for target shooting, and overall very solid builds.

I enjoy shooting my M39, more than I enjoyed shooting my friend's >$2k SCAR-17. Why? The trigger pull is really crisp, the firearm just feels really solid and well-put-together, the iron sights are really fun to shoot with, and the rifle itself is beautiful. You can get good quality steel-case ammo for less than $0.48 a pop (though I know .308 can be cheaper).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving meaningful, functional, and respectful purpose to a firearm that was meant to be a workhorse.
>>
>>33024100
The numbers are probably boosted, true, but you can't deny that a guy who spent 100 days innawoods in balls-freezing cold and survived getting half his face shot off isn't a badass.
>>
Simo was also only 5'3. He had to be a pussy and shoot people from far away because he would've gotten ripped apart in any other form of combat.
>>
>>33033116

Bruh it was fucking WW II. Shooting people from afar had been the fucking standard for like 200 years.
>>
>>33033116
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard and I bet you truly believe those words. You should do the world a favor and rethink your sad life of basement dwelling and calling people, that have the balls to do something other than suckle at their mothers teet at the age of like thirty, pussies and probably just end it all.
>>
>>33033116
>tfw no turbomanlet sniper bf
>>
>>33023526
can someone explain the "jamfree" thing?is this in reference to the effect of bullet jamming when the rims are incorrectly loaded in erong order?? If so, then how did they fix that?
Sorry if matiles sre made, I am drinking and on hpone
>>
if the winter war was happening RIGHT NOW holy fuck and simo hayha was alive, what rifle would he use?

>hard mode
has to be a tikka or sako
>>
>>33023975
why didthe funnish adopti the 53r isntead of rhe 54r? what is one millimetter in diference?
>>
>>33033267
he would use a fucking tikka made m16 m8
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>33033116
I mean, Audie Murphy was also pretty small and he spent a lot of time mowing down Germans with automatic fire.
>>
>>33033309
obviously he would use a bolt action rifle
>>
>>33031272
>>3303
>>33033341
BOLT ACTION TIKKA M16
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 2830maghousingHVcomparison.jpg (42KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
2830maghousingHVcomparison.jpg
42KB, 500x373px
>>33033245

Yes - "jamfree" magazine conversion was a Finnish invention to try reducing the possibility of rimlock. This was not their first attempt either (liner installed inside front part of fixed magazine had been tried earlier). "Jamfree" was modification made to existing recycled fixed magazines, presumably with a vice of some sort, which produced two bumps (or indentations) to sides of the magazine. Location of these bumps/indentations is such that they force inserted cartridges to set in the magazine in such manner that rim of the top cartridge cannot be placed in front of the rim of a cartridge that is under it. The modification was introduced in April of 1934 and m/28-30 rifle magazines modified in such manner have "HV" marking on their right side. The same magazine conversion was later used also in all rifles m/39, but their magazines were not marked.

See attached photo.
>>
>>33033271

The original reason why 7.62 x 54R was named in Finland as 7.62 x 53R is that there already was a different German commercial cartridge that was 7.62 x 54R, hence the idea was avoid getting them mixed. As it happens the German civilian cartridge never achieved real popularity, but once it had been done the Finns never bothered to change it. The actual length of cartridge case used in 7.62 x 54R is about 53.7-millimeters, so it could be rounded up either way - to 53 or 54 millimeters.

While early on the ammunition used & manufactured in Finland was a direct copy of Russian 7.62 x 54R m/1908 cartridge, in 1920's and 1930's Finnish ammunition development headed its own way - resulting Finnish 7.62 x 53R becoming quite different from old 7.62 x 54R. Hence the two are now marked as separate calibers (with their separate C.I.P. measurements), even if they in many cases are compatible.
>>
>>33033267

Simo was in the quite small number of guardsmen, whom Civil Guard (Suojeluskunta) had provided sniper training before the war. The reason why he was not issued a (scoped) sniper rifle was that Finnish Army had very precious few such rifles at that point. Hence he went with the war with the m/28-30 rifle that Civil Guard had provided to him as its member already years before the war. Later during the war he was offered an captured Soviet sniper rifle (m/91-30 with PE or PEM scope), but he decided to rather keep using its own rifle with its iron sights, since he did not like the way how the scope required him to raise his head higher. Another reason for this may have been that he was very familiar with his own rifle and knew exactly how it performed, but the captured sniper rifle was unknown to him with many variables that he would have needed to study.

Hence if today, he would have been issued proper sniper rifle - assuming that he would not brought one with him. Many of the Finnish reservist snipers have their personally acquired sniper rifles with Sako TRG series being probably the most popular rifles among them. Incidentally I know a guy who has won Simo Häyhä Competition (Finnish national sniper championships competition) several times - the rifle he uses is pretty much identical to what Finnish Defense Forces issue as "8.6mm sniper rifle m/2000" - Sako TRG-42 with green (heavier) rifle stock in .338 Lapua Magnum with Heinsoldt 3-12x56 rifle scope that has Finndot-reticle (Finnish version of mildot).
>>
File: Napolean Dyn.jpg (62KB, 540x924px) Image search: [Google]
Napolean Dyn.jpg
62KB, 540x924px
>>33022974

>505 confirmed kills with cheap slavshit rifle
>160 confirmed kills with cutting edge us military weaponry

We do realize that Simo Hayha was fighting an invading enemy attacking full retard en masse. While Christ Kyle or Carlos Hathcock had to hit enemies who disappeared into the scenery of their homelands.
>>
>>33034379
M/28-30 isn't cheap, shit or Slavic.
>>
>>33022974
>"Confirmed kills"

People still unironically thinking this phrase means anything.
>>
>>33033923
Damn, that's fascinating. Thank you for that information. I'd love myself a TRG-42, it's the one platform that makes my dick diamonds and I'll definitely buy one in .338 Lapua if I can get a meaty signing bonus from my company.
>>
>>33025459
only thing about the m39 i wasnt a fan of was the weight. I've down sized my mosin collection and in the end it was between the m39 and my m91 and the m91 only won due to the weight. Having dragged both out hunting the length of the m91 was negative but at least i wasnt as winded after dragging my gear, m39, and kill with me to my truck.
>>
>>33026470
No problem! It's always great to see someone interested in a wonderful model of rifle.

>>33036151
Gotta keep in mind that the M39's weight is for a couple of important reasons:

1. The beefier stock, which was the major improvement over the M28-30. It's by far known for being the most durable stock.

2. The thicker barrel. The M39's barrel is significantly thicker than that of the Russian rifles. Of course it uses an 1891 receiver, but the barrels were manufactured to meet Finnish specs.

For hunting, though, I don't really think the difference in quality/accuracy for the 1891 and M39 would matter when, as you've put it, the weight is significantly more on the Finn. Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>33023021
He is clearly smiling, from the non-paralyzed side of his face.
>>
>>33036211
Yeah and to clarify m39s are FANTASTIC mosins. Arguably the best. One day i will regret selling mine.
>>
>>33036231
Don't give into obvious b8.
>>
>>33026532

this
>>
File: 20151011_012758-1.jpg (3MB, 3516x1422px) Image search: [Google]
20151011_012758-1.jpg
3MB, 3516x1422px
>>33036245
Eh, no regrets, if you had to choose between the 1891 and the 39, it's better that you kept the one you'll actually get use out of.
>>
File: TKIV_M85.jpg (96KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
TKIV_M85.jpg
96KB, 800x533px
>>33036211

Sorry, but you are dead wrong on m/39 having thicker rifle barrel that what the Russians/Soviets were using.

Actual measurements:
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinBarrel.htm

Notice that at least some of the rifle barrels listed there as "Finnish late m39" are actually barrels originally manufactured to Finnish military for m/91 and m/91-30 rifles, but later unused barrels (since m/39 was only of these rifle models that actually was still manufactured post-war) were shortened and used in manufacturing of rifles m/39. If we are looking for industrially manufactured Mosin-Nagant rifle with thickest barrel Finnish "762 TKiv 85" (7.62mm sniper rifle M/85) wins hands down.
>>
>tfw late to the M39 train

Well, whatever. My pre-war 91/30 is very nice, so I'm not too broken up about it.

Hopefully I'll eventually get to add one to my collection though.
>>
>>33036470
I do wonder where I even heard that M39 barrels were thicker in the first place.

My M39 is an early barrel (1941, Valmet), so it'd probably fall out of the specific category you mentioned.

The stock does account for the addition in weight, I think.

>>33036484

Plenty of nice pre-war 91/30s out there. Most garbage rods are 91/30s (and Type 53's), but not all 91/30s are even bad... some are really good.
>>
>>33023066
Listen to this advice from people who got into guns the wrong way. You probably will end up falling in love making this your hobby, don't be afraid to put the cash down for a cheap .22. remember guns retain most of their value.
>>
>>33023361
>>33023394
>>33024100
>>33024411
>>33035410
So many butthurt russkies in this thread.
>>
>>33023066
This, this, this.

Sorry OP, I didn't think that this would be your *first* gun.

>>33036571
I still shoot my cheap .22, even with other more powerful rifles in my arsenal. The .22 is just so much fun.

>>33036604
It's true, RIDF pls go
>>
File: m27.jpg (90KB, 3382x533px) Image search: [Google]
m27.jpg
90KB, 3382x533px
>>33022974
It was a finnish modified version of Mosin Nagant, M/27
>>
File: 1459033344498.jpg (235KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459033344498.jpg
235KB, 960x640px
>>33023015
>I'm not interested in slaying hundreds of men

Fucking numale fags
>>
>>33023393
Ruger american or a Remington 700 would be a great bet
>>
>>33023015

I really don't know what these guys are getting at, I personally own 2 mosins, great feeling, they're accurate as hell if you get one that's in even okay condition. Big round, cool history. Just make sure the cosmoline is cleaned off thoroughly or else you'll get a sticky bolt after a couple dozen rounds.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.