[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience with Spike's and/or Aero Precision

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: STLS016PAP_0.jpg (121KB, 915x963px) Image search: [Google]
STLS016PAP_0.jpg
121KB, 915x963px
Anyone have any experience with Spike's and/or Aero Precision AR-15 lowers? I'm trying to decide between the two in pic related, only a 2 dollar difference between the two.
>>
The Aero Precision receivers I have are nice and they have a tension screw which I like. I've never owned a Spike's.
>>
They're both fine. Get whichever you think looks nicest.
>>
They're both properly made lowers with little difference other than markings. Just buy the cheaper one and be done with it.
>>
File: 1487311452513-660597785.jpg (842KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1487311452513-660597785.jpg
842KB, 2048x1152px
>>33022264
I own that Spikes lower, still trying to finish it tho.

But lowers are lowers, they're all pretty much the same.
>the G stands for Gucci
>>
>>33022353
SHIEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Also there's something about low shelf milling or whatever in the rear of lowers but nothing for you to be concerned with. It's strictly for full auto trigger groups
>>
>>33022264
Both are shit. Get a Anderson.
>>
>>33022264
The Aeros have a nicer magwell bevel.Not DD or newer BCM nice, but still way nicer than a lot of others.
The Spikes go from either mild to no magwell bevel.
>>
Aero Precision is mine but their new logo with the stick figure about to let explosive diarrhea fly is so fucking gay compared to original roll mark

I have Aeros and Spikes

A lower is a lower

I bought $150 KDG lower for the roll mark

I bought $35 Anderson from last Primary Arms sale

Literally does not matter

I will buy Seekins and Mega billet lowers
>>
I bought a lower purely because it has 1337 in the serial. Other than the markings it literally doesn't matter.
>>
Spikes is awesome. Very good company, refuse to raise their prices even when other companies try to price gouge and rip people off.
> Good QC
> Relatively affordable

That being said I have tried Spikes, Anderson, and Mega. All work fine.

Aero Precision actually buys barrels from Ballistic Advantage and re-brands them.
>>
My spikes lower only works with usgi mags and one of my gen 2 pmags. Doesnt drop free other pmags gen 2 and 3) or theyre tight as fuck in the magwell. Lancers almost drop free with some wiggling. Only usgi will insert and drop free with ease.
>>
>>33022264
spike's

I'm biased tho because floridian
>>
>>33023289
>Aero Precision is mine but their new logo with the stick figure about to let explosive diarrhea fly is so fucking gay compared to original roll mark

CANNOT

FUCKING

UNSEE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33024179
Better than spikes dueling penises logo.
>>
I appreciate the sleekness of Aero

Spikes is edgelord dueling dick spiders DAE ZOMBIEESSS??
>>
File: jack.jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
I went full-ham and got the Spike's Jack receiver.

It's accepted every mag I've tried with it, but it does take a little more press to confirm that mag is seated than a typical AR.
>>
>>33027676
I'm conflicted about how I feel about that lower.
>>
>>33027729
>>33027676

I'm not conflicted at all.

*projectile vomits all over keyboard
>>
>>33027676
A true edgelord's design, reason why I don't buy anything spikes. It's fucking disgusting shit
>>
>>33027729
It's fun/10.
>>
>>33022264
Spike's lower is fine. I had to wait nearly half a year for it.
Aero is ok. Had an upper from them.
I buy Tactical Machining now since I support gun builder community.
>>
>>33022264
>>33022353
I own that exact Spikes lower as well and it's G2G
>>
>>33022264
They're equal except the Aero has a tension screw, so I'd say it's the better buy undoubtedly if the price is equal
>>
I hate the logos for both. Stupid tacticool pirate shit is autistic, and the stick figure taking a shit is just as bad
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.