[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steel challenge discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 20170216_222420.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_222420.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Tomorrow I'm doing my first organized shooting sport competition, a speed steel challenge match. I doing 22lr rifle and pistol with dot division. Pic related are my weapons of choice.

Anyone else participate in organized shooting sports? Tips? Advice? Antidotes?
>>
>>33021471
*anecdotes
>>
>>33021471
>implying people on /k/ actually shoot their guns
>>
>>33021471
nope, but thats a slick looking rifle
>>
>>33021471
Been shooting sporting clays at local, state, and national level for 12 years. Was on Lindenwood Uni. Shooting team where olympic medalist Vincent Hancock shot

>know your equipment.
>triple check to make sure you have everything
>get to where you need to be early...there are always issues at tourneys
>bring plenty of ammo. a round of clays is 100 shells...I typically bring 300. there are side games, reshooting targets, shoot offs, and noobs running out so i let em have a few.
>shooting is all form/technique bujt competition is mental..take some time to get into your "zone" before you even get to the course.
>drink plenty of water days prior and have protein and carb breakfast. a round of clays at least is a ~3 hour trek through the woods. your brain will need energy and your eyes are the first to suffer from dehydration.

an specific questions?
>>
>>33021471
I used to shoot both of those.

Just relax and have fun.

Remember not to think and to just shoot.
>>
>>33021571
It's pretty simple really, a standard receiver and bolt, bx trigger, 920 fluted bull bbl, hogue overmold stock, and burris fastfire iii.
But thanks, it does look cool doesn't it.
>>
>>33021755
can you buy just the receiver? i've always wanted to do a custom build but outta the 10/22's i have one was my dads and the other was the one he gave me so neither are getting torn up.
>>
File: 20170216_231149.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_231149.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>33021813
Yeah, the aftermarket for 10/22s are endless, But unfortunately an aftermarket receiver costs the same as a basic rifle, about $200. It's ridiculous, esp when AR receivers are $50.
Heres another pic
>>
Don't shoot faster than your ability.
>>
File: 20170207_214407.jpg (2MB, 1440x1902px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_214407.jpg
2MB, 1440x1902px
>>33021886
and pistol is 22/45 mark iv lite
>>
>>33021471
ugh.... I've been exposed to too much cancer...as soon as I say antidote I heard in my head

"Don't you open up that window, don't you let out that antidote, poppin pills all we know-"

my existence amongst the normies for purely monetary reasons is beginning to change me...
>>
>>33021471
I have a question for you .22lr plinkerst.

My ruger mkiii has problems feeding with many big brand ammo brands, magazines are new, the gun has only seen 500rds, what gives? It's been happening since day one...
>>
>>33021921
ya gathered that from the hinge in your OP pic ;)

been looking at those tho. it would fit flush with my outback IId and just look too damn good.
>>
>>33021967
Could be anything, But I can say that far and away the most reliable ammo in my experience with my 22lr autos (standard mkiii, this mark iv, my buckmark, and all my 10/22s) is cci mini mags, AND federal automatch in the 325rd box. Maybe try those.
>>
>>33022065
I used the cci....fuck... its like every magazine I get a failure to feed...
>>
>>33022177
Cci has many different 22lr offerings, ie their 'standard velocity' stuff isn't great for auto guns, I'm specifically talking about 'mini mag'. Are those what you tried?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.