[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What age did you get into firearms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
https://strawpoll.com/9r9c2xy
>>
When I was a kid my Dad taught me how to safely handle a gun and shoot.
>>
>>33021035
When I was seben yeas owld
>MOH Frontline
>>
>>33021035

8 or 9…>stayed home sick from school
>history channel
>Tales of the Gun marathon
>>
around 7 was when I got into nerf guns and that shit, which in turn made me wonder about real firearms. I started when I was 8 with a bb gun and made it to real firearms when I was 9.
so 9, I guess
>>
>>33022224
>https://strawpoll.com/9r9c2xy
>>33022199
This shit
>>
>>33021035
Always have been. Just something in my bloodline.
>>
>>33021035
>mfw romeo and juliet on freshman year got me into guns
>all those shitty but good looking taururs.

wew
>>
My dad let me fire his .44 revolver when I was 11, I giggled like an idiot for almost half an hour.
>>
>>33022141
same.
always was around guns just never really gave a shit until fairly recently.
my dad is a Vietnam vet fuckhead and I've realized that he isn't going to pass on anything to me so I'm investing in my own guns that I can share with my future children. I'll have to tell them ol' grandpa 'nam gave all the guns to their fuck up uncles.
I might need a therapist.
>>
>>33021035
I've been obsessed with guns since as far back as I can remember.
>>
I always had an interest in them but grew up in a pretty liberal anti-gun household. I inherited an old 870 when my grandfather passed away when I was in my early 20's, and about that time I was graduating college and getting money, so I bought a 1911 and been buying 1 or 2 a year ever since. Parents weren't thrilled and sister despises it, but they got over it.
>>
Started getting interested in them when I started developing an interest in metalwork and machining a couple years ago. I haven't done much with that interest, took a welding course though.

Unfortunately, still noguns. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that in the next few months, but lol Straya.
>>
Most of us grew up in the age of the 80's action movies. I think that is when the inner gun nut was born.

>Commando
>Predator
>Aliens
>Terminator 1 and 2
>>
>>33021035
16, I think.

It started with an interest in guns used during WWII, and just branched off from there.

I still like older guns the most.
>>
9-10, thanks to James Bond movies.
>>
>>33023241
Same here

None of my family or childhood friends were into guns, it just happened on its own
>>
>>33021035
Birth
>live in south
>get matched set of 870 Wingmasters for being pulled out of vagina
>such is life
>>
File: flowerpowerpentagon[1].jpg (67KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
flowerpowerpentagon[1].jpg
67KB, 500x331px
>>33022141
>>33022645
>>33023179
Damn, you guys are lucky. My mother was an anti-gun retard who didn't even let me own "gun" shaped toys. I was first able to get into them when I joined the army at 17 and was getting into firefights by 18. Rebelling against hippy parents was pretty much the best decision I've ever made.
>>
There's a picture of me in a diaper shooting niggermelons from a bench so I guess pretty early.
>>
>>33021035
Mid twenties. Growing up my dad always had firearms and I had bb guns but he was a duck hunter. Fuck getting up at 3am to sit in a wet field as a kid, I was too busy playing Doom.
>>
File: gun nut.jpg (182KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
gun nut.jpg
182KB, 800x800px
>>33022141
same
Dad learned me on his .22 when I was 7. Been a gun nut ever since.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>33021035
I was 5 or 6 when my dad first took me to the range and showed me how to shoot a ruger 10/22.
It was all uphill from there, I was I think 11 when I shot my first really big magnum cartridges.
Dad bought me a 12 gauge when I turned 13
I got an AR15 when I turned 18
One day I'll inherit the whole Armory and teach my ungrateful spawn how to shoot.
>>
Maybe 10-11 when I first got to shoot some of my dad's hunting guns. Got an air pistol at 12. Had a lineup of various target and hunting weapons before I reached 20.
>>
File: 1478721047274.jpg (104KB, 490x636px) Image search: [Google]
1478721047274.jpg
104KB, 490x636px
When I was 12ish when Call of Duty Modern Warfare came out. It was the first video game I played, and since my parents thought video games were satanic and guns were evil I had to play it at a friend's house.

They also called the school to complain when I started drawing Revolutionary War soldiers since we learned about the American Revolution that year in more detail.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.