[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dropout for AF?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1460580847789.jpg (30KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1460580847789.jpg
30KB, 600x549px
I'm 22 going on 23 andcurrently in my third year of pharmacy school but considering dropping out to join the airforce.
If I continue I can get a job through a family connection and start earning aprox 100k.
However I am extremely depressed studying and working at the pharmacy.
I'm anxious of the future of this profession that I feel ill and am vomiting from time to time.
I'm not a fatbody and could easily pass the physical requirements so long as Meps doesn't look into my records (had a kidney stone on one kidney and took corticosteroids as a child for bhroncitis)
Is there currently still the 10k loan forgiveness per year if you sign a six year contract?
>>
>>33019640
Excuse the typos I'm a dirty phone poster.
>>
>>33019640
Relax nigga.
Suck it up andf inish it. You've already put this much into it.
Then, if you do go mil and decide to puss out on it too at least you can fall back on something
>>
>>33019640

You're concerned about the US market for prescription medication? Really?
>>
>>33019640
You'll be even more depressed if you enlist and somehow fuck up and get separated.

Finish school so you have a backup plan if the military doesn't work out.
>>
>>33019640
It's not worth sacrificing mental health over if you think you're going to off yourself. But consider whether or not you're just being a pussy first before dropping out. Sounds like you need to fucking relax and breathe either way. Yoga or some shit. In the grand scheme of things a couple years isn't that long and a degree would be a good backup plan even if you decide not to go into the field. Plus with a degree you could be an officer and not just some fucking grunt.

Dropping out for the air forces is better than killing yourself, but not better than finishing if possible. You can always join the airforce once you get out.
>>
>>33019640
>>33019726
This tbf. Finish your schooling so you'll have a backup plan and then see about joining after you have that piece of paper that makes you a legal drug dealer. I'm not sure how a pharmacy degree would help you in the military but I bet it won't hurt.
>>
>>33019762
Not the market for medication but for pharmacists.
There is a huge job shortage at the moment and if I were to lose my job I would likely be up shit creek.

>>33019769
>>33019763
Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>33019769
Oh in addition I'm not suicidal or anything.
That was just the only good OP picture I had on my phone atm
>>
>>33019797
>There is a huge job shortage at the moment and if I were to lose my job I would likely be up shit creek.

News flash ding dong, that's everyone. There's like 320 million people in the country and globalization reigns, no matter what field you're in you are an easily replaceable cog and will be permanently unemployed if you ever get fired. Just do your fucking job and you'll be fine.

...and if you think being in the military making shit money and having no freedom is in any way preferable to making 100k a year at a job where you wear a labcoat and get pills (bitches love labcoats and pills) you're a fucking moron and need to just kill yourself now. Give me your SSN faggot, I'll be the new you. Just tell your asian parents you're gonna come home white tomorrow.
>>
>>33019797
Also, DO NOT enlist in the military if you're currently dealing with depression.

Chances are basic might make you feel even worse, and that will bring all sorts of problems.

Sort yourself out mentally before making a commitment to something like the military.
>>
>>33019797

Unfuck yourself and take that job.
If for some reason you hate it you'll at least have the degree and if you join the service you can be an officer and get fucking paid for that instead.
>>
>>33019640
Have you considered that you suffer a mental illness entirely separate from and unrelated to school?

Because if that's the case, joining the air force won't fix things, it'll probably actually make it worse. If you finish this year of schooling, at least you'll have something concrete you've achieved to look back on.

t. pro depressed person
>>
>>33019640
>I'm anxious of the future of this profession that I feel ill and am vomiting from time to time.

You are fucking nuts and the profession is in no danger. See a therapist. An Antiguan smegma image board can't help much. Seriously. Civilian stresses are a joke compared to war.
>>
>>33019797
Pharmacist job shortages are very much local. Move as required.
>>
>>33019797
>There is a huge job shortage

Wouldn't that mean people are hiring instead?
>>
>>33019640
Get your degree then join if you still feel the same way.
It's a huge waste to bail now you retard
>>
>>33019640
Good job waiting after a bit of suck.
versus
Dumping that and getting a job with zero future which you are already aware is a shitfuck cluster ass bomb.

Nigga, u dumb.
>>
>>33019640
First off, it takes almost a year to join the airforce because everyone whos scared of "combat" and wants military benefits, tries to join the airforce. Second, they only pay for your loan if you have a degree already, and getting that bonus is rare nowadays. Third, if youre depressed, dont join the military, bootcamp enhances any stressors you currently have, and your body and mind may not be able to handle it. And lastly, if you really need to quit school and do something fast, go army. You can get signed up and leave within a month or two, PLUS you actually have a choice in what job you can pick.
>>
>>33019640
>depression
>working at a pharmacy

There's a really fucking easy solution to this one.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.