[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dual Wielding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: 1484780359947.jpg (127KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484780359947.jpg
127KB, 768x1024px
Is dual wielding practical at all or is it just a rule of cool thing?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>33018527
If you have to ask, you'll never need to know b
>>
>>33018527
>Is dual wielding practical at all or is it just a rule of cool thing?
its not practical, its not cool, and its kind of awkward.
>>
>>33018552
>>33018555
I need examples. I'm in a cross board argument and I need your autistic opinions /k/
>>
>>33018577
The only autism here is you. If you couldn't beat some neckbeard on /tg/ in an argument about dual wielding, then accept your L.
>>
>>33018591
He said it was only useful in anime and I don't believe him
>>
>>33018527
in most cases it's rule of cool. You can't aim two guns at once. but holding two guns looks cool because symmetry. and in real life the only known examples were sword+parrying dagger.
>>
>>33018609
You have to go back.
>>
File: 1484286746279.webm (1MB, 768x436px) Image search: [Google]
1484286746279.webm
1MB, 768x436px
>>33018555
this
>>
>>33018609
It allows you to fire at two separate targets without manipulating the weapon. Not to mention the added capacity gained from a second weapon.
>>
>>33018527
I can't imagine how many thousands of rounds you would have to shoot to get used to aiming from the hip like that.
>>
>>33018577
just go an attempt friend, its not something that can be any more accurately explained other than its awkward. but i will do my best.

>its hard to be accurate and consistent. You can shoot dual wield slow but some what accurate out to 10-15 yards but if you go fast your accuracy is gone.(by accurate i mean hitting man size target).

another problem is different guns can have different feeling of recoil or triggers which makes it even weirder and so what happens is you become more focused on actually pulling the triggers than hitting your target.

>is cool
no, you look stupid and feel stupid.

It would be better to just carry one gun with two magazines.
>>
File: adam-jones-oriole-bird-hat.jpg (36KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
adam-jones-oriole-bird-hat.jpg
36KB, 600x389px
>>33018527
i-is that literally microwaved grilled cheese?
>>
>>33018655
>It allows you to fire at two separate targets without manipulating the weapon.
you can either focus on the pulling the triggers consistently with speed which causes your aim to be off or you can focus on hitting your target and be incredibly slow.

you cant aim with both eyes on two differnt guns so you have to shoot 1950s from the hip, instinct shooting. The issue with that is you can only hit a man size target out 10-15 yards after that you actually have to traditionally aim.

you have never tried to dual wield, its a fucking meme.
>>
What about dual wielding swords?
>>
>>33018527
Potentially useful in a really tight space where volume of fire is the most important thing. There's also value in a backup gun/new York reload.
>>
>>33018836
It's been done, but not overly effective, hence why there aren't many mentions of it. It's more popular today than it was in the past.
It WAS actually practiced, though.
>>
>>33018633
Second this. Notice how he was distracted trying to take out his other gun given the store owner the chance to drawl and fire.

Modern guns cycle so fast that they can shot as fast as you can pull the trigger, so you will be much more accurate and situationaly aware looking down one sight.

And don't need to believe us... just note how no military or police force does it.
>>
Like, akimbo? Not at all ever.
More than one gun, but one at a time? Yeah. Lots of reasons.
>>
>>33018609
He's right and the only reason it's effective in anime is because anime is not real life you dumb faggot.
>>
>>33018655
Or you could just get a weapon with a high capacity magazine and actually fire accurately.
>>
>>33018836
No... It's been done, but it's been greatly exaggerated.

If done with any success, it's a sword and something smaller that will not get in the way of your primary sword. Like a Rapier and a Dagger, or Arming sword and buckler, or a smaller Katana and wakizashi
>>
The nkvd trained people in dual weilding years ago. Just for supressing fire tho. Two weapons at once is useless. Just weild one correctly instead of being autistic.
>>
Dual wielding is really effective. Ever see that movie with Christian Bale, Equallibrium?
>>
>>33018609
Your so autistic its palpable. Jeese
>>
In a life or death situation, even if you are well trained, using only one gun stabilized with both hands and attempting to aim, hitting what you're intending to can be a major crap shoot.

Only 30% of all the bullets that police fire actually hit their target in real world scenarios.

Now imagine how bad that hit rate would be if instead of using one gun with proper form you were trying to dual wield in a life or death situation.

It is a really really dumb meme.
>>
>>33018765
>you cant aim with both eyes on two differnt guns
Of course not. You look down the sights of one gun and fire. Then you look down the sights of the other gun and fire. You can fire twice as fast because each gun is firing half as fast.
>>
>>33018983

You forgot this.
>>
Honestly, the aiming part could be partially nullified if you're insanely familiar with both pistols and are a world-class shooter.
Even then, though, it's not even remotely useful. You'd be far better off using one gun at a time as you'd be able to switch targets faster than normal anyway.
>>
>>33018527
In HEMA we sometimes use one longer weapon in conjunction with a shorter weapon. Most common example is a one handed sword and dagger. It takes a lot of practice, and arguably isn't better than just using a single weapon meant to be used by both hands like a long sword.

In short yes, it can be done but there isn't much reason to besides looking cool.
>>
File: Bait, high quality.png (532KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Bait, high quality.png
532KB, 1597x1600px
>>33019015
>>
>>33019010
>Only 30% of all the bullets that police fire actually hit their target

Not to diminish the fact that shooting in stressful situations isn't easy, but cops never fucking practice and in general are awful at shooting.

t. seen too many cop trade in glocks with factory gold grease
>>
>dual wielding thread on /k/
>pic is of two overpriced sandwiches

No, pic is definitely related.
>>
>>33019156
kek
>>
>>33018633
holy fuck, good shot
>>
>>33018527

I could have uses, If you have a high capacity .22lr in one hand for the sole purpose oh supression while the main hand pistol is used for accurate shot placement.
>>
>>33020485
You're such a fucking faggot. BACK TO COD WITH YOU! oh and it's past your bedtime you have school in the morning. Faggot.
>>
>>33018527
Pan-Grilled
> TASTE
>>
File: ilduce.jpg (46KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
ilduce.jpg
46KB, 650x400px
I get the hate for dual wielding, but it's possible for it to be neat from time to time
>>
File: S&W X-Frame 5in X2.jpg (865KB, 1831x528px) Image search: [Google]
S&W X-Frame 5in X2.jpg
865KB, 1831x528px
>>33018527

I know a really fun way to make people leave the adjacent shooting lane.
>>
>>33018633
Good ole Georgia
>>
>>33018527
Both practical and cool.
>The gun kata. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, it has been determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, with each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire.
>>
>>33020837
>>33018983
>>33018527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mAH_6V5h4c
>>
>>33018527
Is Shop Rite any good? There's one hidden in a Cul de Sac near me...the parking lot always seems to be empty
>>
>>33020540

>Cod, bedtime

t. newfag.
>>
>>33018633
>>33018893
Watch it closely. The mag falls out of the first gun which is why he draws the second gun. He wasn't trying to dual wield, he just fatally fucked up.
>>
>>33018527
Dual wielding seems like it'd only be remotely practical if you're using calibers smaller than 9x19.

Like .380, or 9x18.
>>
>>33021575
Or .357 mag.
>>
It's useful when you need it but the thing is you won't need it
Also aiming without sights is easier than you think but still kinda stupid. That's why it goes well with dual wielding
>>
File: dual_wielding_ak47[1].jpg (50KB, 364x400px) Image search: [Google]
dual_wielding_ak47[1].jpg
50KB, 364x400px
just make sure your hands are big enough to hold the grip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5qd56HYdFc
>>
I can imagine one scenario where dual-wielding would be practical.

It's nearly suicidal but still better than the alternative. You're stuck in a dead end and must fight your way through a number - 3-5 enemies who are closing on you, you know for a fact they don't take prisoners, and they have explosives/grenades to take you down from behind your cover.

Surprise attack dual wielding pistols, at nearly point blank range, you'll stand a chance incapacitating/killing them all before they get a chance to return fire. Your chance would be ~30% but that's still better than flat zero of letting them corner you.

In short, if you're ever in a situation where dual wielding is beneficial, you're already as good as dead. But you may take more of them to the grave with you than wielding a single weapon.
>>
>>33020596
>duel wielding a .45 and a 9mm
absolute fucking madman
>>
>>33021251

good eye, I didn't notice that.
>>
File: IMG_0480.jpg (450KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0480.jpg
450KB, 1280x960px
Only for cool guys
>>
>>33021825
You're a big guy.
>>
File: DuelSwords.png (9KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
DuelSwords.png
9KB, 500x351px
For guns duel wielding is kinda pointless, I'm sure you could find 1 scenario where it was advantageous to have 2 pistols, 2 rifles, ect. Issue is it doesn't allow you to aim or reload without a lot of extra effort and time. Then you also lose the rigidity of a 2 handed grip so fallow up shots will be harder.
If your talking about swords duel wielding happened more then you think in a historical sense. During the Renaissance it was standard to carry a rapier and a main gauche dagger, you could even make an argument for bucklers because they where used to punch the opponent with the edge of the shield if you saw a opportunity. Then if you look more to the east Miyamoto Musashi the most famous samurai of japan was know for useing a katana and a wakasashi at the same time.
Duel wielding isn't just dumb stupid and pointless by its self. Just for modern day firearms it kinda is
>>
>>33018527
$3.99 for some fake ass grilled cheese? If you're high enough to buy that shit then you're probably high enough to believed dual wielding is a great idea.
>>
File: dualies.jpg (49KB, 601x255px) Image search: [Google]
dualies.jpg
49KB, 601x255px
>>33020596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp94AFms0V0
>>
>>33018743
For four bucks, marked down from nine.
The hell...
>>
>>33018836
there are treatises about it, it has been done. Generally considered a more advanced technique that's more "showy" rather than practical
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.