[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are insurgences so little contundent? I mean, your typical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1486837257657.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486837257657.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
Why are insurgences so little contundent? I mean, your typical insurgency in Bumfuckistan kill 2-3 soldiers in one attack. But why no hide a couple of BM21 in a garage or something anf then one night erase an entire base? Or a bunch of Iglas and then go near an airport to take down cargo planes.

They rely so much on IED and potshots, which fucking sucks.
>>
Go study IRL insurgencies when you sober up. If you are sober, fuck right off for asking a question you know can be answered easily and in any level of detail by a search engine.

>They rely so much on IED and potshots, which fucking sucks.

Their tactics evolved to suit reality, and they work. The really stupid ones, like yourself, die early and thin the herd.
>>
>>33016258
Your definitely better at gorilla warfare than the Afghans right,I mean they have no historical training or experience.
Watch out everyone we got Sun Tzu over here. Fucking writing art of war 2 from his vast vast COD experiences....
>>
>>33016258

Because all of those things are guarded by riflemen, airpower, mortar infantry and belt-feds.
>>
>>33016300
Not OP but you said literally nothing of value, you might as well shut the fuck up and not say anything.

Take your own advice and fuck off. You're not as smart as you think you are kid.
>>
>>33016360
>Not OP
>getting this salty
sure kid.
>>
>>33016351

Just imagine.

Last days of the war. You are an arab officer and you see that in one week maximum your capital will be occupied. So you get a bunch of artillery guys and 3-4 Grads. You go to a farm or a big parking lot or wherever and hide the grads (or the Tunguskas or w/e). Then, a few months later you go there with your ex army homies and, if the occupation forces do not have find it, you take the Grads to the open in the middle of tje night and level the HQ of occupation forces. A conventional not-so-gorilla strike and totally unexpected.

Doesn't seem too unrealistic for me
>>
>>33016416
>I don't know how to check the poster count
That's the last (you) kid, don't spend it all at once.
>>
>>33016258
Because of two things, mainly.

1) unless you are abdul, suicide bomber, you want to live through encounters with the occupation forces.
An IED or a few potshots give you a fair chance to just get away with murder.
Firing a whole artillery battery is much less discreet and therefore more risky.

2) not everyone has heavy firepower lying around.
Gathering such firepower would mean a huge amount of cooperation between a lot of insurgent groups whose daily safety usually lies in no small part in the fact they are hard to find, even for their friends.
All of this to do what ? One big flashy destruction operation ? The VC tried that and it was a disaster.

The aim of the insurgency is to erode the will to fight from the occupation force while boosting the will to resist of the population.
This is better accomplish by putting a long term small-intensity pressure on the occupation force, making sure a constant stream of wounded and dead soldiers are brought back home while the cost of occupation rise for the taxpayer with no real improvement visible for the public.

To win a single big tactical victory doesn't mean shit if it exhausts most of your ressources to win the war.
1000 dead soldiers or 100 dead soldiers, it doesn't matter for the public if, in the end, the occupation works because the insurgency is blooded dry.
But 1 or 2 soldiers every day with no end in sight ? That's something that eventually push governments to think about going home.
>>
>>33016435
While possible, it would be a one-shot thing.
And that would also put a price on our heads so high that we would be dead at the first mistake.
>>
>>33016435
The free Syrian army tried that, other armies have tried that. The problem with that theory is you have ONE shot in that unless you steal a massive stockpile of rockets, parts to fix the things, enough men to run them properly you're boned after you've fired your first shot.

It's surprisingly hard to buy/get decent weapons and people to operate them. Its why even though ISIS had/has a couple of migs the real powers can fly around at will. ISIS and other groups like them exist by making it not worth the effort to totally destroy them not because they are superior on any strategic level.
>>
>>33016258
counter battery fire is a thing and it is incredibly refined by the west

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHIWjURK2-g

skip to 1:00 for effect
>>
>>33016435
>And level the HQ of occupation forces

Are you 12?
>>
>>33016646

Why are you so angry holy shit
>>
>>33016360
hi OP
>>
>>33016435

All I know is that I've spent 30 something weeks of my life learning about COIN warfare and another 2.5 years training on it, so ask me how I know that you don't know shit.
>>
File: screech.gif (50KB, 592x256px) Image search: [Google]
screech.gif
50KB, 592x256px
>>33016360
>>>/reddit/
>>>/kys/
>>
Pretend that today your state falls to enemy army with air power, naval forces, a hige supply chain and what feels like a million dudes.
Now where is the local arty? Where is your local tanks and armor? Not in a hidden bunker right?
Where are you getting them to hide them? The second you fire them its time to suck down some rockets you cant fight tomorrow if your dead.

Pot shots and ieds allow you to hopefully see tomorrow and your kids later.
>>
>>33017277

That is why I'm asking.
>>
>>33016435
>Fire artillery/rockets/mortars
>thirty seconds later counter-battery fire hits and you turn into mist

Holy shit guys, we've fucking got Sun Tzu over here.
>>
>>33016360
>Go study IRL insurgencies when you sober up.

That was of value. No detailed posts in response were deserved. OP is a lazy piece of shit. When did this forum change to /spoonfeed the search engine illiterate/ ???

>Doesn't seem too unrealistic for me

You refer to guerilla war as "gorilla". Realism is beyond you.
>>
>>33016258
Condundet? Wtf? I'm a former grunt who doesn't speak proper English but you're making Shakespeare cry.
>>
>>33016435
https://youtu.be/heLuUd0VK2s

Because CRAM and counter-battery exist.

CRAM kills your rockets and mortars before they land.

Counter-battery fire destroys you shortly after so you get one shot at it before you get forcefully dismantled.
>>
>>33016258
You are either seriously overrating Grads, or seriously underrating the force protection measures we take.

Either way, really made me think Clausewitz.
>>
>>33017977
>>33018104
>Counter Battery
I'm guessing it works by analyzing the angle from which the rounds came in, but how accurate /fast is it really?
>>
>>33018120

Grad, Smerch, whatever MRLS your average arab army has. Anyway, AFAIK no artillery system beyond some mortars operated by ragheads and some scuds in Gulf War 1 have been ever deployed against western troops in great numbers. Am I right?
>>
full image
>>
My father fought in the Cuban military he didn't fight in the revolution, he fought in Nicaragua. He said it was against CIA or something. Anyways potshots saved his life, if he didn't do potshots he'd be dead because they'd snipe him down if he got up and out of cover.
>>
>>33016435
You have to be like 12 years old.
>if the occupation forces do not have find it
IF. You remember all of those pictures we saw all the time of huge weapon caches confiscated by the Army? Of course you don't, you were like 3 years old. The military has very good intelligence and they're very good at finding that kind of shit.
>level the HQ of the occupation forces
L oh fucking L. Yeah, because this is a video game, where you have one base and if you lose it the game is over!
>>
>>33017948

You're asking, and then going "Nuh-uh, what about this?"

Insurgencies operate the way they do because there's no concrete support for them to fall back on. If they get fucked up, there's no CAS, no heavy arty, no good medical support and no reliable line of beans, bullets and bandages.

Unwarranted bravery is stupidity when you're alone.
>>
>>33016258
Turns out its really hard to hide major military hardware without being noticed. Also consider there will be people in your population ready and willing to assist the enemy. Not only that but if your guys get captured they are gonna be made to talk. You know military Intel is a thing right? Also consider they will be sending their best to sniff you out if they even suspect its possible. Even without military experience or knowledge how can you be this stupid OP?
>>
>>33018147
Dont listen to that pretentious retard. It's slow enough to let you gtfo in one piece.
Provided you dont hang around to much after you blew your load.
>>
>>33016258
>why isn't war like my japanese animes?
>>
>>33016484
>The VC tried that and it was a disaster.

this, fucking this. tet was a total disaster and the only regular action an irregular force has taken on in recent history. and they accomplished fucking 0% of their goals. then 7 years later the americans got bored and left
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.