[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

first gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-02-16-15-05-30.png (204KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-16-15-05-30.png
204KB, 480x800px
Well, my tax return is coming in, and I need to get my first gun. Most of my return is spoken for, but I've got a few hundred to play with.
Shop near me has Makarovs for 260, and I could get a shit ton of ammo, or a used .357.
Which would /k/ suggest I get?
>>
>>33016226

I carry a P64.

I love mine but it is a terrible first handgun. The recoil is snappy and will encourage flinching in a new shooter. If you want a 9×18 pistol then buy a bulgarian makarov.
>>
>>33016395
Ok, I'll pass on the makarov for now, get the .357, unless you've got another suggestion.
I also should've said that I'm not totally new to shooting, I've gone with family a few times, and I've rented the revolver I'm thinking of buying before, and I like it.
>>
EAA cz75 clone. I dont understand the obsession with makarovs, it's a nice little pistol but the slav shit worshippers here give it too much attention.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/eaa-tanfoglio-witness-polymer-semi-automatic-9mm-45-barrel-16-rounds?a=1835711
>>
>>33016569
What kind of revolver is it?
>>
>>33016636

Meant to post these two.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/eaa-sar-b6p-sarsilmaz-semi-automatic-9mm-45-barrel-161-rounds?a=1867048
>>
>>33016636
>>33016659

these are good choices for your first

if you want something for ccw check out the lcp II

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product.asp?productid=11155761
>>
I agree with the other fag that the p64 is a bad first handgun. Kind of a 1 trick pony. Of the options the 357 is a better choice between the 2 unless you singular interest is having a small ccw (their are better options than the p64 is that is your concern, imo)

It's kind of odd. Your 2 options are pretty different like " hey guys for my first car should I get a prius or a garbage truck?"

If you want a general gun, some things to consider

>sw 9ve
Cheap ammo. Cheap gun. Works pretty well, is carriable
>turkroach tp9
Affordable. Cheap ammo, more feature Laden than the 9ve. Also bigger. Pretty large for a ccw. I mean it could be done. But it's full sized
>police turn in Italian beretta 92
It will likely have some wear but aesthetics. Also cheap ammo and good shooter. Can be found for less than 3 bills

Their are others too, this just jumps to mind
>>
>>33016651
Ruger GP100, used. It's in decent condition, but could use some loving.
It's mostly price, I can only really spare $500 to get a gun, and the mak and ruger were the ones I saw in that range that I liked.
>>
>>33016569

You can't go wrong with a good .357 magnum, friend.
>>
>>33018306
>I can only really spare $500
Buying online can definitely save you some money. Usually anyway.

Ask your gun shop what it charges for a transfer fee.

A good way to shop around for the cheapest transfer fee is to go to budsgunshop online and add any gun to your cart. The site then brings up a list of FFL transfer guys sorted by distance from you. Their transfer prices are also listed.

Also goo to know is that, if you end up buying from bud's, the FFLs listed in green do not require you to call ahead to arrange the transfer. Just buy online, pick FFL, and wait for the fella to call you when your gun comes in. Then you just pick it up after he runs your information.
>>
>>33018496
Classic arms has a system like this as well, don't know if they show the price. In my experience finding a tabletop FFL or a pawn shop usually has the lowest transfer price. My guy does it for $20. Most physical gun shops will charge out the ass because they see it as business being taken away from them
>all 3 LGS charge $70+ for transfer
>I pay $20 at a tabletop

For a first gun I would go with something in 9mm, full size. JGsales has those beretta 92s for $250. They're a little beat up but in your price range for sure, plus they're neat guns. The Turk CZ clones mentioned would be nice as well; my cousin bought a Witness and it's really nice.
>>
>>33018496
I actually live a few miles from Buds, so I'm just buying there. The other gun shops around aren't great, and I'm lookin more for low price than great service right now.
>>
>>33018533
I hadn't even thought about pawn shops. I'll stop at one tomorrow and check it out.
>>
>>33016226
First off, thats not a makarov, thats a P64. Which is a PPK clone chambered in 9mm Makarov.

Second, for a starter gun, the Ruger American is a great starter gun. It has different sized grips for those with atypical hand geometries. It also has better sights, better finish, all steel internal parts, and is cheaper than glock and other 500+ striker fired handguns.

Another recommendation is the CZ p10c. Its in the 400 range and is solid.
>>
>>33018599
is the p10c actually for sale anywhere?
>>
>>33016731

Also cabelas is running lcp 2s for 269 shipped to their location free. If you don't want to mess with ffl transfers that is.
>>
>>33016395
What makes the Bulgarian Makarov better?
>>
File: SovietPistols.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
SovietPistols.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>33016226
>Shop near me has Makarovs for 260
That's not a makarov you turbo faggot.

P-64 =/= Makarov
P83 = /= Makarov
FEG PA-63 =/= Makarov
Cz-82 =/= Makarov
>>
>>33016226
Get a p83 wanad the son of the p64 for 200 bucks on jg sales. I love mine
>>
>>33019399
Not that anon. You realize the p64 is much smaller? Snappy recoil and such. Do some research
>>
>>33018306
>I can only really spare $500 to get a gun
>>33018543
>I actually live a few miles from Buds

buy this
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_28/products_id/93510/Firearms/Handguns/Sig+Sauer/SIG+320F9B+320+9MM+STRKR+BLK+CONTRAST+SIGHTS+17rd
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.