[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be some good items to sale in a small gun store? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_4451.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4451.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What would be some good items to sale in a small gun store? I run a small pawnshop and I'd like to expand into the firearm/shooting accessories department, only problem is I have no idea what to buy. So far I've ordered

>Pmags
>uncle cuck holsters
>NRA shooting targets
>exploding targets
>quick detach slings

What else would be cheap items one could order?

>pic is the wall I am currently working with
>>
>>33014331
Merch of other gun companies. Glasses, hats, that kind of thing I'd imagine.
>>
>>33014411
People actually buy gun Merch? lol faggots

OP you need
>glock mags
>1911 mags
>ammo
>fagpul stuff
>probably hold school slings for hunting rifles
>>
File: 1483949987542.jpg (12KB, 134x180px) Image search: [Google]
1483949987542.jpg
12KB, 134x180px
As retarded as it is
>bipods
>polymer stocks
>polymer handgrip replacements
>hi-cap mags
>capguns and capgun "calibers" for the rural kiddos who want to have the experience of shooting a gun but aren't old enough to actually shoot one
>various powers of binocs
>cleaning kits of various helpfulnesses
>if you want to go semi-legal, hairtriggers
>sunglasses
All are things some smaller pawn/gun shops forgo simply because they didn't think of them

Also, of course buy a billion gallons of surplus ammo and sell it as quality because no retard knows the difference
>>
>>33014331

Just order 380 glocks. Let the rest take care of itself.
>>
>>33014331
>good items to sale
>to sale

Are you by chance from Utah or Idaho?
>>
>>33014331
Reasonably priced magazines should sell okay.
>PMAGs for Glocks & 308
>Common upgrade parts
>Decent scope rings
>Reasonable value optics--like Bushnell's TRS25 (and not memetastic, like Sightmark)
>The latest greatest replacement AR stock (MFT Minimalist)
>Complete AR bolt carrier groups
>AICS magazines
>Other common magazines for handguns (1911, M&P, XDm, Sig P226, P228, P320, M9A1) and rifles (10/22, HK-91, metric FAL, AK-47, AK-74)

Make it a point to present a few accessories with guns you sell. Make sure you have soft and hard cases, trigger locks, a spare magazine or two, clean kits, patches, and commonly broken parts. The goal is to price it such that you're turning a profit but not losing sales to online sources (you can price with a premium, but keep it reasonable--<10%).
>>
>>33014331
how much money did it cost you to open up a pawn shop and get into the gun sales side of it roughly?
>>
>>33014331
Mom&Pop fag here.

Get a feel for your customer base. Are they hunters? Fudds? Mall ninjas? Match your products to that demo and psychographic. No need to buy something that will sit.
Magazines for pistols and rifles you sell, cleaning kits, slings, etc.

Consult your sales rep! Usually they're helpful if they're not a money grabbing asshole. Who are your distributors? Big Rock? Accusport?
>>
>>33014331
definitely order some glock Pmags to sell along with the pistols.
>>
>>33014331
>>Pmags
Good, but every gun store and sporting goods store sells them. You'd find a better corner of the market if you carried Pmags plus some products that are harder to find, like Lancer AR mags or bakelite AK mags.
>>uncle cuck holsters
I don't know if they actually sell, but a lot of the people who buy them are going to feel kind of burned because they are such shitty products, and probably go elsewhere or look online for their first "real" holster. Consider stocking some decent holsters, at least for the most popular gun models and you may snag yourself some repeat customers.
>>NRA shooting targets
Booooorrrrrrring.
>>exploding targets
They are cool, but most people don't have a place to detonate them. Where I live, it's illegal to do it on public land, so you basically need to own a cabin or a farm to shoot on your own land, which most people do not own.
>>quick detach slings
Keep brainstorming.
>>
>>33014331

>Glock mags
>AR mags
>AK mags
>10/22 mags
>5.56/.223 ammuntion
>7.62x39/54r ammunition
>9mm
>.45 ACP
>American rifleman magazine
>nra memberships
>affordable scopes and sights (shit like used eo techs or new vortex red dots)
>>
>>33014465
Oh boof
>>
>>33014331
Roam the amazon side of things, buy stuff that makes you go "this is completely retarded and unnecessary, but I want it." Or some autistic faggot will want it.
Magpul stuff, push-button flip up sight. Laser sight, light, dragon dildos, cleaning kits and cleaning accessories.
Eardstuff and headsets.
Milsurp shit.
Depending of your clientele profile, do go into airsoft territory. Lots of cowaduty faggots, and cowaduty faggots have money somehow.
Funny targets.

Make the autistic feel operator, the fudd feel a proud hunter, and the sunday dad something to keep him entertained the week-end.
>>
>>33014465

I got that reference
>>
>>33014331
>What would be some good items to sale in a small gun store?

maybe some guns???? maybe???
>>
>>33014557

What's so bad about cleaning kits and accessories?
>>
File: 1436652787276.jpg (147KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1436652787276.jpg
147KB, 600x534px
>>33014331
>uncle cuck
Did they do something to deserve that name?
>>33014440
>if you want to go semi-legal, hairtriggers
Why would those lead to legal problems?
>>
>>33014598
>Why would those lead to legal problems
A lot of places either ban, put regulations on, have more checks to go through, etc. for buying light triggers because retards think it can turn a bolt action into a fully-auto ar.
>>
>>33014500
This. As much as I hate bullshit products if say your in a city surrounded by retard ninjas, or your mostly dealing with farmer fudds then you have zero accessories with a shit ton of 22lr and wmr.

Or maybe it could be shooting and camping related. A lot of people could shop there who are on their way to an outing.
>>
File: leagal guns.jpg (355KB, 1493x1125px) Image search: [Google]
leagal guns.jpg
355KB, 1493x1125px
>>33014331
> eye and ear protection
>cleaning supplies
>shoot n see targets
>>
>>33014440
>"hi-cap" mags
>hurr hair triggers
Fudd detected.

Unfortunately, OP, the majority of your customers will probably be Fudds, so you should probably listen to him.
>>
>>33014905
Who the fuck uses hearing protection?
>>
>>33016185
>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>33016185
EeeeeeeeEEEEeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEEeveryone should
>>
First aid kits
Gun locks
Plastic ammo boxes, both big for reloaders and small for pocket.
click cartridges
bipods for guns without picaninny gear
Padded scope protectors
>>
>>33016861
why do you have a name?
>>
>>33017126

Because I like to have an at least perceived personality. I considered going without one as I used to while I hung around on /b/ but you can't actually post on a public forum and think the govts can't see you if they want to. Better to exercise self control over what I post. If someone learn to dislike me then so be it. And while /b/ is little more than hyper noise I am having actual discussions in here.
>>
>>33017126
why do you think it's your business?
>>
>>33017226
>Because I like to have an at least perceived personality
This is not Reddit. You do not use usernames unless you are seeking attention, which is what you've just said. Posts are based on content alone. If we were still in 2010 you'd probably already be banned, sadly, though, newfags like >>33017231 who are fresh off the Reddit boat do not understand that this is not reddit. Most people who's been here for any amount of time will add your name to a filter list and you will not get the conversation you say you want. There is absolutely no reason to have a name other then to try to stand out.
>>
>>33017285

If by attention you mean that I will be remembered by someone I have previously talked with, then yes that is fine. Other than that I am making use of the offered functionality in this subforum. I have no idea of what happens on Reddit. But I recognize what you are doing as policing and on some other forums where I am a member it would be cause for banning. Enjoy the irony and please add me to your filter. Clearly we will both benefit from it.
>>
>>33017339
>>>/reddit/
>>>/9gag/
>>>/facebook/
>>
>>33017339
These are not your 'other forums' and this is not the same pc culture your 'other forums' have. My attention, I mean you purely just want to stand out. There is absolutely no other reason to have a name than to stand out. It is very obvious how new you are, and I am telling you ahead of time that no, you will be the one ridiculed. Do not come in here with your elitist attitude.
>>
File: 1470351828129.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470351828129.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>33017339
Holy fuck.
>>
>>33017363

Hm? I've never been to /reddit/ or /9gag/ and I deactivated my facebook account 3 or 4 years ago. Anything else I can do for you?
>>
>>33017373

Read out loud to yourself the last two words of your post. At this point I am forced to believe you either are inane to the point of cute, wearing a fedora the size of a small county, or the kind of clever who carries a pen to an actual sword fight.
>>
File: autisminagif.gif (2MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
autisminagif.gif
2MB, 512x288px
>>33017414
>>33017448
this has to be bait
>>
>>33014465
the differnece made with just one dot (.)
>>
>>33017448
>>33017414
>deliberately ignoring the main point of the posts which is that you just want attention and ignoring the fact that that alone is a sign of an immature person
>>
>>33017448
great insults and strawman
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>33014331
Damn OP, I hope that isn't a photo of your shelves. If they were I'd assume you were about to go out of business and not shop there.

Also, listen to this fag >>33014500 he knows the score.
>>
>>33017448
Kys faggot >>33017448
>>33017448
>>
>>33014331
Rails and stocks and lower parts and grips.
>>
>>33017519
why do you have a name?
>>
File: even6[1].jpg (39KB, 490x322px) Image search: [Google]
even6[1].jpg
39KB, 490x322px
Did I say fedora? We are talking tweed sixpence in your case. Worn the wrong way.

Anyway. Have someone mentioned slings yet?
>>
File: newcap2.png (216KB, 873x522px) Image search: [Google]
newcap2.png
216KB, 873x522px
>>33017448
>>
>>33017801

Awww. You went to all that work just for me, sweetcheeks?
>>
File: 1418797439577.jpg (332KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1418797439577.jpg
332KB, 1125x1500px
Oil's
Solvent
Patches
Boresnakes
>>
>>33016185

WHAT? YOU WANT TO SEE MY BUDGET PROJECTION?
>>
>>33017339
>go to anonymous image board
>proceeds to make an identity
>wah how am i breaking the rules
Go away and stay go.
>>
>>33017339
This name fag dindonuffin no bully
>>
>>33016861

Gun locks and aid kits won't sell imo
>>
Ammo.

If you are a pawn shop already, you could unload prepackaged ammo from hoarders all day long.
>>
>>33014331
Buy chinese airshit aluminum rails and accessories then sell them as store brand.
>>
>>33014500
This is the only helpful post here.

You have to know who your customers are. Everyone recommending glock mags and pmags has no idea if you're selling to fudds or ninjas.
A couple good universal products could be snap caps in the popular calibers as well as bore snakes.
>>
you need some oil and other things people might buy just because they need it all the time
>>
>>33014536
>>33014539
Don't listen to these guys. This isn't a fucking /k/ storefront, no one else but fags here care about bakelite magazines. There's a reason why every store carries pmags and everyone buys them.

OP do not take every piece of advice here. Select and choose wisely.
>>
>>33014331
>glock mags
>glock upgrade parts
>ammo cheaper than other lgs
>get a LEO to do ccw permit classes
>reloading supplies
>ak magazines
>ak parts
>decent ar-15 accessories
>ear pro from soft sponge insterts to different electronics
>rails

basically go on instagram and /arg/ and whatever you see is the hot new thing or something everyone cant get, GET THAT THING.

also hold events, a lot of gun shops have raffles or get in with a big local bar and hold a raffle and put a majority of the proceeds towards a big issue in that town, like here near ft.anon they did a raffle for a rifle at a big bar and it was on the radio for like two weeks and got them a lot of people, because the proceeds went to some "insert veterans in need group name here" charity organization.

mainly look at who your demographic is.

here there are mostly soldiers, so they sell the latest tacticool guns and ar-15's, glocks, fishguns, and almost no AK's because "them dirty talibanners use dem". hell a local shop owner has colluded with matbest11x BRCC and more and is not nationally known, he was even at a bunch of big shooting community events.
>>
>>33019336
*and is NOW national known
>>
>>33017226
Leave now please
>>
>>33014331

Internet transfers for people buying and selling. A lot of areas only have shops charging serious rip off prices.

Maybe you can make a package deal where you pack and ship the guns for a fee. You'll likely have plenty of boxes already. Maybe even handling online sales for a % of the sale price for people who don't want to make accounts to sell on their own.
>>
File: IMG_3878.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3878.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
OP here.

Problem I am having is that a majority of our customers are poor and fudd. We have the. Eat prices in town on glocks (Gen 4 19 with nights for 565 OTD) and I can barely sell them because they are too high. I can't tell you how often I hear "dem ar15s ain't good for nuthin give me a real gun like a Trudy-taught-tix". This kinda eliminates everything with I am familiar with in the gun world.

>pic is some of he average guns we sale

We also keep 1 or 2 ARs on the shelf.
>>
>>33019474
you need to find a new advertising outlet. Attract the customers you want.
>>
>>33019474
Also no offense but that whole white wall and metal hooks shit makes your store look so basic that anyone interested in anything would surely turn right around and leave.
>>
All the tacticool accessory shit doesnt sell. Dont bother with aftermarket ar stocks, 10/22 parts or anything like that. Mags, ammo,CLEANING TOOLS / CHEMICALS, and clothing.
>>
>>33019508
Same guy sorry, that stuff i listed after the ar and 10/22 parts is the way to go
>>
>>33014331
What I would buy as a gun owner:
Rails that can be mounted on to cheap mausers (think yugo's with mis matched serials).
AK-47 mag pouches (the chinese style pouches that hold six mags)
SKS stripper clip pouches (also chinese style that holds 200 rounds worth of stripper clips).
Maybe bumpfire stocks as well.
>>
>>33019507
>not appreciating superior light and dark contrast

Also a white background makes the guns standout more, my LGS does the same shit
>>
>>33019525
Nah. Anyone who is interested in buying a firearm will ask to handle it. White background is fucking bullshit and makes you feel like you're in a grocery store.

At my local mom and pop place they have about a hundred rifles stacked vertically by caliber and on the opposite wall spamcans accordingly. I have never been disappointed in anything they have.

Quality and service makes a store successful, not some white background shit and a foot of space between every firearm on either side.
>>
>>33014586
Only fags clean their guns.
>>
>>33017339
Don't respond you dumb faggot. Just ignore people who sperg out about trips or namefagging.
>>
>>33019474
Lots of fudd stuff/general stuff that can be useful to many types of shooters. More people are potential buyers of 9mm snap caps than sig 239 mags.
>overpriced breaktop """antiques"""
>build it yourself cap and ball revolver kits
>rifle slings
>cheap but not chinkshit hunting scopes
>rings/mounts
>targets that look like animals
>gun belts in sizes > 40"
>1911/glock/whatever other gun sells well in your area mags
>decently priced range ammo with slightly overpriced premium ammo
>snapcaps
>speed loaders
>inexpensive "one size fits many" holsters

Small selection of cheap but not shit tacticool stuff for the average AR owner, or fudds who get wake up one day and decide to "buy a salt rifle"
>MOE parts
>pmags
>lancer mags
>flip up sights
>vfgs

One or two
>arm brace
>nice AR trigger (geiselle, timney)
>exotic gun like an UZI/MPX/AUG that will sit on the shelf, but be a conversation starter
>>
>>33019522
You have shit taste in guns desu
>>
>>33017231
Fag
>>
File: 1487195272093.jpg (18KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1487195272093.jpg
18KB, 275x183px
>>33017339
>>
>>33017967
HUH? YOU WANT AN AR WITH A BRASS DEFLECTOR??
>>
I just left working at a pawn shop, we had a few random shooting accessories (safety glasses, cleaning kits, coupla holsters) and they didn't do shit for us. They just sat and sat. Now, this was just random stuff, not like we went out and intentionally got it and promoted it.

The first and foremost thing has got to be ammo. We didn't sell ammo at our shop and I wish we had, it seemed like every other person buying a gun would say, "Alright I'll take this bad boy, and a box o' ammo, please." And we'd be there holding our dicks, "Sorry we don't sell ammo, try Walmart blah blah blah."

Second to that, I'd say keep it super general. I disagree with getting deep into fancy ass tactical ninja accessories, especially given your fudd customer base. Anyone who's a tinkerer and wants to trick out their AR is going to order their shit online anyway.

Bore snakes, snap caps, cleaning supplies, gun rugs/bags/cases. Ear and eye protection. Decent sights/optics. Targets, clay pigeons and maybe a pigeon chucker. Every gun you sell, sell em the kit with it: bag, muffs, glasses, ammo, ammo box... Get em range-ready right there. But don't get yourself in a twist trying to guess which bitchin' free-float rail system your hypothetical customer might want in the future.

Hey! Steel targets. I betcha you could sell those. Everyone wants to ring gongs like Hickok45.

Amendment: the Number One thing you need is a big-ass sign saying, "If We Don't Have It, WE WILL GET IT!!!" And this should be on the tip of your tongue. "I can have that for you this week!" Keep that up and pretty soon you ought to have an idea of what you can keep on hand.
>>
>>33014331
I'm fond of adhesive targets with black coating over a bright underlayer. You can stick them on any old piece of cardboard for backing and the color contrast between layers makes it easier to see your hits.

You should look at what other stores in your area carry and figure out if the market is missing something. You don't want to be investing in inventory that another store can undercut you on. You do want to be the only place the a customer can always find a desirable item.
>>
>>33014331
Teflon impregnated gun grease.
Belts designed to better support holsters.
Kaizen foam.
>>
>>33014331
Barrel condoms
Cleaning kits
Lube
Tools
Snapcaps
Dollar bill high points
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.