[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tikka T3x CTR vs Savage 10 FCP-SR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3866.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3866.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I'm in the market for my first bolt action centrefire rifle, and I've narrowed my choices down to two options. I'm debating between the Tikka T3X CTR and Savage 10 FCP-SR both in .308.

Tikka
>Better overall quality
>Butter smooth action
>Great stock
>Sub-MOA
>Shitty mags

Savage
>Half the price
>Not Sub-MOA
>Cheap stock
>Large bolt handle
>AccuTrigger
>Cheaper and better mags

I'm at an impasse with these two rifles. On one hand the Tikka is leaps and bounds better quality overall, but on the other hand I'd have more money for accessories and mags with the Savage. Both would be used mainly for long range precision shooting as well as deer and hog hunting. Does anybody here have experience with either?
>>
>>33013931
>Savage
>Not subMOA
Source?
>>
>>33013931
My FCP-SR is definitely sub-moa. That being said, if you can't find an early one (one that takes AICS mags), don't bother, as they've cheapened it up quite a bit.
>>
>>33013931
I would go with Savage + custom stock that's glass beaded.

pretty sure there's shit like aftermarket AI stocks that fit it, have nice mags and you won't have to pay more than a full custom chassis would cost.
>>
>>33013931
Go for the one that feels the best. Both are very good guns. It might be easier to find parts for the savage since it made in the USA and tikka's bolts are normally smooth AF. But other than that I don't think there are any major differences between the two.
>>
File: 1450521986237.png (205KB, 559x366px) Image search: [Google]
1450521986237.png
205KB, 559x366px
Spurdo rifle is best rifle
>>
>>33014072
>>33014363
Nowhere is listing sub-MOA, so I just assumed so.

I'm iffy about Savage since I've had bad experiences with some of their rifles. My dad's 11 Scout for example has such a shitty stock that unless you wear gloves the seams on the stock molding will cut you when firing. I only hear good things about Savage on the internet, but in person I've only had meh experiences.

Also it would be a new FCP-SR, not an older model.
>>
File: 14872650618721996311320.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
14872650618721996311320.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>33014515
This target is a few years old, but here you go. This is with the old Bushnell Banner I had on it.
>always have a fucking flyer
>>
>>33014564
That's good to know, thank you.

I'm still worried by the general quality of the rifle, overall the rifle feels really fucking cheap. I mean, it's a $550 sub-MOA rifle but it was still a little concerning.
>>
>>33014587
The Savage stocks are meh . With the money saved, you could mount your action on an MDT LSS.
>>
>>33014610
How heavy are those? Would it be unwieldy for hunting?

>pistol grips
Is there a model without a pistol grip?
>>
>>33014610
The Accustock, while uncomfortable, does its job well. As for the weight, the stock its self doesn't make up much of it, it's all in the metal. I have taken mine hunting, find a nice, wide sling
>>
I have a Savage 111/11 and my roommate has a Tikka T3 something or other.

You can't go wrong with either. Probably the best reasonably priced bolt rifles on the market.
>>
>>33013931
>Shitty mags

Can you elaborate? If you don't like the finnicky 10 round steel mag why not go with T3x super varmint with 5 round composite mags?
>>
>>33014735
I know both are generally regarded as fantastic rifles, but I'm thinking I probably would be happier with a stock Tikka T3x for now.

>>33014787
I've heard that the mags are extremely fragile and expensive.
>>
>>33014515
I've personally seen 4 Savage rifles shoot sub-MOA out of the box.

Mine is now shooting .5" groups at 150 yards with a new stock and some experimentation with torque on the action screws.
>>
>>33013931
It is interesting you posted this. I'm left handed and trying to decide between the Savage Weather Warrior and Tikka T3X Lite in 308.
I read somewhere the Tikka trigger is adjustable too, you just have to remove the stock to access the screw or something. That may be wrong though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.