[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of gun/training should a dead broke college student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0976.jpg (48KB, 580x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0976.jpg
48KB, 580x400px
What kind of gun/training should a dead broke college student look for?
>>
>>33013237
Boxing if you have a local ymca, hi point.
>>
>>33013255
I currently wrestle and train judo, Muay Thai and Brazilian jiu-jitsu in the off season which is fast approaching so I'm covered when it comes to martial arts. I was thinking of saving some paychecks to get a cheap, reliable gun but I'm woefully ignorant on all things related to firearms. Should I look into any classes offered by my local shooting range to get oriented with proper gun care and marksmanship?
>>
File: 1486760203122.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486760203122.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>33013237
How dead broke?

If you are dead broke, you should still have access to the school gym. Lift and run. Get fit. Eat protein, drink water, take fish oil. Do that everyday. See if you college has a martial arts club.

For training, if you are dead broke, a gas air soft gun. You can train with it anywhere, but you can do drills with it similar to a real firearm. get a glock gas gun and a M4 gas gun, gas, pellets, a belt with a holster and mag pouches.

Then just practice all the time. Setup different targets and run through different drills.

Do you have money and access to a range you can use often?
>>
>>33013271
>Should I look into any classes offered by my local shooting range to get oriented with proper gun care and marksmanship?

Yes. Go to a range you can rent a few different firearms at. Do you have anyone to go with, or you going solo?
>>
>>33013255
It wouldn't hurt to. They can at least get you familiar with cleaning and maitenance, as well as introduce you to others who are into firearm safety.
>>
>>33013287
I have a friend who I can go with. He wants me to do these extremely expensive tactical classes however, and it looks cool but it's not something I can afford right now.
>>33013276
Thanks. I'm fairly fit from wrestling and other martial arts. Any suggestions on a first time gun that I can save towards which is relatively cheap? There's a few ranges near me.
>>
>>33013525
Kel Tec PF9 or P3AT if you want a compact

Cheap fullsize guns will either be older used guns (which is totally fine) or third world clone guns (also fine). Slav surplus isn't as cheap as it used to be. Some options:
S&W 5906
FEG 9mm (Browning Hi Power clone)
Canik TP-9
Tristar C100/T100/T120
>>
>>33013237
Join the army or marines for a tour.
>>
>>33013852
Thanks for the list. I'll check those out.
>>
>>33014098
cheap m9 for around $250
>>
Get a gun and snap caps and do dry fire/unholstering drills, etc.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.