[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistols & Revolvers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1485976962262.jpg (113KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485976962262.jpg
113KB, 500x375px
Is the 1911 overpriced nowadays? What's a pistol you wish you bought as your first? What pistols did you regret buying? Are revolvers memeguns outside of sport?
>>
> Is the 1911 overpriced nowadays?
I do think its overpriced, problem is everyone wants one, companies know and higher tier companies charge you up the ass. That being said I have a 1911.

>What's a pistol you wish you bought as your first?
I sometimes wish I would've bought the CZ-01 or PCR first. I got a Glock 19 first. Overall not a bad start.

> Are revolvers memeguns outside of sport?
Hell no, you get a good caliber that you can use in a revolver and and lever if you have it. Plus easy to reload.
>>
With the existence of Rock Island Armory no, 1911s are not overpriced.
>>
>>33012499
handgun with a revolver
Why do retarded things like this happen in pop culture, /k/?
>>
>>33012831
I don't get it
>>
>>33012499
Most are, but you can get one from RIA without paying 1K
>>
>>33012499
Good guns: FAMAS, SKS, Mosin Nugent, 1911, Police Special
>>
>>33012834
I think he meant "handgun with a knife"
>>
>>33012499
>Is the 1911 overpriced nowadays?
Not universally. Some companies (like Kimber) overcharge and cut corners. Some actually offer a premium product. Your basic A1 usually tops out at $650.

I was debating between a Singe Action Army clone (Uberti) and a Cz 75B when I first got into guns. I went with the former which was a huge mistake. The ammo is expensive as dicks and I've had several parts break and need replacing. It did awaken my home gunsmithing skills, but the Cz would have given me far fewer headaches over the years.

>What pistols did you regret buying?
Radom P-64. Everything about those guns suck. Sold it for a profit though.

>Are revolvers memeguns outside of sport?
They're adequate, if not ideal, for most situations.
>>
>>33012499
>Is the 1911 overpriced nowadays?
The entry level ones are really the only ones you would want outside of competition settings. The high end ones offer only marginal performance increases that a comp setting would demand.
The Px4. I've found it to be the ultimate 9mm pistol (to me, anyway). If I had known how good it was from the get-go, I would have never wasted my time with tons of others. Rarely does my PX4 leave my side now.
>What pistols did you regret buying?
My Tokarev and M&P40. The Tokarev was fun, but the snowflake ammo and mags made me not regret selling it. The M&P40 was actually my first gun, and I planned on converting it to 9mm, but it just became too much of a chore, so it sat on Armslist until it sold.
>Are revolvers memeguns outside of sport?
Yes, unfortunately.
>>
Anyone ITT saying revolvers are memeguns is a dumb bitch that deserves to get mauled by a bear.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.