[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tater gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: tater gun.jpg (4KB, 188x141px) Image search: [Google]
tater gun.jpg
4KB, 188x141px
Alright /k I'd like some advice and help on how to make an actual potato cannon. Like a full blown cannon. Like a mounted cannon that can kill some one a mile away. Anyway I was thinking maybe a 8 to 10 foot 2.5 inch barrel for starters. What do you guys think?
>>
>>33008445
Most use a explosion to launch.
There is a good design where you use compressed air.
The design used battery ,water sprinkler valve, and schedule 40 pvc pipe and tire valve.
>>
>>33008445
dont use a potato, narrow down the barrel and use a radish, a far denser projectile that ive managed to put a hole in a road sign before.

also, cut the end of the muzzle down so it is sharp, so it'll force the projectile into a sort of a "plug" so the propellant doesnt escape around it
>>
>>33008445
Potato is not strong enough or of a reliable enough composition to reliably hit near anything at one mile. Probably not enough mass to make it go that far either.

When I made mine I just used Hairspray and a lantern flint to light it, could launch a potato about 80-100m out of a 2'6" barrel.

You'd need much more (and more reliable) propellant, a larger barrel, and something denser than a potato. People use grill lighters as ignition sources and those seem to work the best.

If you could shoot out to 600m I would be very impressed.
>>
I've never measuring how far mine shot. Who honestly does? Anyway, mine launched potatoes into motherfucking space. It would seriously fuck shit up. I stopped shooting things like that though over fear of the pvc becoming brittle with age and exploding.
>>
File: Spigot Mortar Basic 2.jpg (42KB, 1043x563px) Image search: [Google]
Spigot Mortar Basic 2.jpg
42KB, 1043x563px
I've noticed that 1-1/4" SCH40 PVC is a nice sliding fit over 1" SCH40 PVC.

Either you could use a 1-1/4" barrel to launch projectiles made of 1" PVC, or you could use a 1" barrel, and launch 1-1/4" projectiles that sit around the outside of the barrel, like pic related.

Then the projectile can be any shape, since it doesn't have to fit inside the barrel.

pic related, my design, using a piston valve inside a 2" Tee. Not pictured: a fill valve for the pressure chamber, and a pressure gauge for safety.

I think if you obstruct the barrel with a pin of some kind, this would be a legal toy in germany.
>>
>>33008445
/r/ing the green text about the pvc artillery and the crow
>>
>>33008445
with the forces necessary to kill a man how will a mere potato survive?
>>
File: 1444176072753.png (36KB, 727x754px) Image search: [Google]
1444176072753.png
36KB, 727x754px
>>33013677
>>
>>33011565

For a moment I thought you were suggesting squeezebore potato guns.
>>
File: Spigot Mortar Basic.jpg (50KB, 1345x458px) Image search: [Google]
Spigot Mortar Basic.jpg
50KB, 1345x458px
>>33012146
>>
dang I'm the need of creating a small mortar with 40 to 100m maximum range to throw balloons filled with paint and shit at certain targets,was thinking something like Malcom in the Middle but the nearest targets are usually at 45ish meters away and below my line of sight,other targets are 100 meters away again below los but not that much.

What to do /k/ ?
>>
>>33008445
>can kill some one a mile away
At the velocities that would require, I think the air resistance would shred the potato.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.