[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debunking this shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2430.jpg (84KB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2430.jpg
84KB, 840x473px
Here's something I heard on iv8888, and I can't tell if it's completely retarded or not;

The .357 mag has more killing power than the .44 mag because the .44 mag is going too fast, and passes through its target whereas the .357 mag is going slower, and more energy is transferred into the target.
>>
A brick thrown at a person passes more energy into a target than .357 mag.

The .357 mag passes all its energy into a tiny area, and even though it allegedly has hundreds of pounds of force, it doesn't knock over anything bigger than a rabbit.

Throw a brick at someone instead. It will knock them down.

Get your CC bricks now before they are banned. Don't forget your bear defense cinder blocks for innawoods.
>>
>>33004111
So it's better to have something that over penetrates because knock down power is pretty much a myth?
>>
>>33004111
Not even close. A brick weighs like 5 lbs. and you could throw it maybe 20 mph at a person.

Do the math and you'll see .357 mag has riduclous amounts more energy.
>>
>>33004075
Ignoring the part about going transferring more energy into the target, .357 and .44 have roughly the same muzzle velocity. If anything .357 will probably be going faster if using the same barrel length.
>>
Yes, it's completely retarded.
>>
>>33004075
when did he say that?
>>
>>33004075

"Stopping power" is always a nebulous concept but I don't see any reason why the .357 would be superior in that area.
>>
>>33004075

Well in JHP the .44 will expand much farther. Not sure about depth of penetration between the too.

However, FMJ i'd rather have the .44 as the bigger heavier round will want to plow its way through bone
>>
>>33004075
IV8888 is a retarded hick.

Literally nothing he does or says should be taken seriously.
>>
>>33004175
#autism
>>
>>33004111
Momentum is mv kinteic energy is ½mv2
>>
>>33004075
Iv8888 is a clickbait channel now so it doesn't really matter. Better off complaining about something said in a looper video
>>
>>33000000
>>
>>32999999
>>
>>33004111
There was a thread a while ago where someone claimed to CC a piece of rock or w/e. All I remember was that he was from New York.
>>
>>33004075
>44 mag is going too fast, and passes through its target whereas the .357 mag is going slower, and more energy is transferred into the target.
This can be said about any caliber and is not really relavant because kinetic energy transfer is not a good indication of lethality. The key is to choose a projectile that both penetrates deep enough and expands/yaws/fragments to create devastating wounds.
>>
>>33004075
>this thread
>these responses
lurk more, or maybe don't because the whole board is full of retards who never made an effort to understand any areas of ballistics and just repeat what they've heard about various cartridges, to such a point where staying too long may result in becoming one of them. To answer you're question though, it's completely fucking retarded. If you have two bullets of the same relative shape and relative material consistency, and one goes faster, is of larger diameter, and penetrates more, it will always be creating a more substantial wound.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.