[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antigun family members

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

File: 20161017_140803.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161017_140803.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
When I was 19 I moved out. There were peoples homes being broke into.

So I buy a gun. Levergun in .45 (dumb choice for HD, I know)

Fast foward a few weeks.

>Mom visits
>She sees gun
>goes ballistic (pun intended)
>goes to her house
>tells everyone
>everyone except uncles disown me
>go on a buying spree to spite those who disowned me

Am 20 now. Anyone else have family issues regarding your guns?
>>
>>33003077

so now everybody knows you own guns at that address

hopefully you have a heavy gun safe to protect them right ?

otherwise stop buying all those guns because likely you will want to sell them in a few years anyway
>>
>>33003077
My dad bought me my first bb gun at like 4. Sorry your family doesn't respect personal choices OP. Can't pick your family.
>>
>>33003101
I have a gun safe now that I own more than 1. Only my uncles visit since the whole thing happened.
>>
>>33003077

OP you should rape your mom
>>
>>33003101
That and I now want an AK or an AR. I guess owning guns has calmed my former fear of them.

I ain't selling any unless it is for a trade.
>>
>>33003077
Don't worry anon, if they can't handle you at your worst
>Obey your thirst
>>
I am sorry for you, OP. Think of it as just one of many things some people get hated for by close relatives - haircut, sexuality, having sex before marriage, tattoos, music preferences, religious leanings, drinking alcohol, food preferences. Stand by your choice, and see it as way to be an adult that you are not bound by the choices of those who so strongly wishes to make them for you. You are of course obligated to be a responsible gun owner, but that's not for their sake. That is for you. Hang in there. All of /k/ is rooting for you.
>>
>>33003077

Is that a fucking laser on a fucking pot metal niggertown special?
>>
>>33003077
americans kek
>>
>>33003225
Yes...
It turn on from a thung on the back of the grip. Had work on it done so it wouldn't jam as much.
>>
File: 1360178689823.jpg (329KB, 1188x1262px) Image search: [Google]
1360178689823.jpg
329KB, 1188x1262px
>>33003077
>mothers family are all fudds
>thought guns should be used for hunting
>to be fair, we lived in the county and nobody lived by us for miles, so the idea of home invasion never occurred to them

>dad's family light gun enthusiasts
>believe in home defense, because someone once tried to break into house back in the 70s
>can't wrap head around concealed carry, because they shop on base and order everything online, so they rarely leave their house

Now the irony...
>mom is a hard core gun enthusiast and conceal carries her .357 ultra light religiously
>dad is a super fudd and can't into anything without a wood stock
> mom makes fun of me daily because "lol, you cc 9mm", dad makes fun of me for "lol, you'll never get to use your ar outside of the range"

Yfw your parents make fun of your gun choices.
>>
File: .02.jpg (75KB, 779x708px) Image search: [Google]
.02.jpg
75KB, 779x708px
Sorry OP that really sucks but fuck them.

>tfw you like old guns
>tfw your dad hates old guns "they all look the same"
>tfw your dad roasts you everytime you look at old guns at the gun show and buys one
>>
>>33003077
>Dad's side of the family is pretty fuddy
>Mom's is a mostly people who don't care or think you should have the right but aren't enthusiasts
>Dad has AR15, .357 S&W, some .22 break action revolver, S&w shield .40
>Mom has .380 bersa thunder
>Sister is pro-gun, not an enthusiast
>Uncle on Dad's side has shitload of guns
>Unlce on Mom's side was pretty liberal, did a 180 during Obama. Now bought a 10/22
>Argue with this uncle about while full auto should be legal
I think in my family its not so much if you're pro-gun, just how pro-gun.
>>
File: 1361080804094.jpg (57KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1361080804094.jpg
57KB, 500x361px
>>33003077
Does anyone have the story from the anon with I think a flint lock who's mother tried to break into his apartment to steal it?
>>
>>33004377
I remember one about an anon who had an SKS whose mom broke in to try to break it with a hammer and he held her up with a crossbow because he thought she was a burglar. don't have it saved sadly
>>
>>33004410
Dam shame, it was a fun story.
>>
File: 1482271443637.jpg (1MB, 2095x3032px) Image search: [Google]
1482271443637.jpg
1MB, 2095x3032px
Dads Side of the family
>Grandfather was in the Navy and was a deer/small game hunter
>Father was in Navy, then become a local cop
>Father has 3 AR15s, 2 Bolt Action Rifles (one in .243, the other in .30-06), a break action .410, his service pistol (a beretta) and his ccw (a glock in 9mm of some sort)
>Father and I used to hunt and go shooting
>Stepmother is bi-polar, addicted to opiates, and has some weird psychological illness where if she thinks she's sick with something she starts showing symptoms
>Her crazyness and psychological abuse drove us apart
>Haven't spoken to, gone hunting with, or shooting with my father in almost a decade
>Now he might have cancer and recently had to have major surgery

My Moms Side
>Great-great grandfather fought in a volunteer Irish Regiment in WW1 and WW2
>Great Grandfather was in the airforce in WW2
>Have ancestors that have been living in the US since James Town, and have fought in every major American conflict since the revolution
>Grandfather grew up in small fishing/farming town in south. Hunted deer with his 30-30, squirrels and rabbits with a .22, and bird, wild pigs, and KKK members with his 12 gauge.
>Grandfather is a fud, but he's not oppossed to other people owning things like ars, aks, glocks, etc. It's just what he grew up with and what works for him.

I really would like to re-connect with my father, but my stepmother is a problem. I'm also curious about what I might inherit from my grandfather when he passes. It's a shame one lives 1200 miles away and the other 1800 miles away. Can't got shooting with either one regardless :(
>>
>>33003077
In... 2(?) years i might be able to own a single .22 pistol!
Here in superior European Union, we can't just go to wall-mart and buy AR-47s.
>>
>>33003179
>haircut
people get disowned over that?
>>
>>33003700
your dad sounds like a special breed of dumbass.
>>
My parents are liberal and don't like guns. I accidentally shipped some dummy rounds to my moms house and I flat out told her "yeah I own a gun. I like guns and that's just what I'm doing. You don't have to like it but that's what it is". They've calmed down a lot over it. They were never going to disown me or anything, they just said dumb shit like "you can't get a gun! You need a liscence first!" And "you need to keep the gun at the range at all times. Don't keep it in the house" and I just said "maybe." They still don't know about the AR yet, but hey it could be far worse
>>
File: 1420127433860.png (111KB, 1086x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1420127433860.png
111KB, 1086x1240px
>>33004410
>>33004437
You rang?
>>
>>33005622
That was fucking gorgeous. And the dubs says I will believe it.
>>
>>33004642
My 5 year old niece told me she didn't love me anymore after I cut my hair short
>>
>>33003077
Dont fill a void in your life by hoarding guns.
>>
>>33005734
He's right anon. You have to fill the void by *shooting* guns.
>>
>>33003077
Nope.

I'm born and raised in the South. We don't have many anti-gunners here (that'd be fucking stupid - being anti-gun in the South).
>>
>>33003179
Fucking this. Gf went to visit her family a few weeks ago and her sister went insane when she found out that she got her glock checked so she could still carry when she got there. Her mom also got super pissed about it saying it's stupid all that crap. Yet neither of them see an issue with the fact her sister cheated on her husband with some random black dudes. (The s is there on purpose)

I swear peoples morales and beliefs are fucked now days
>>
>>33005109
What the fuck?

Do you still live at your parents house? Why/how would your mother or father feel they could even tell you where you can keep your firearms?
>>
I don't have any antifun family members. Even my cousin, who is a stereotypical hipster faggot who loves coffee shops and veganism and is married to someone exactly like her, loves shooting and they own like two AR-15s.

Also, if you give a shit what your family members say about you after you move out you're C U C K E D. Families cause way more fucking drama then they're worth.
>>
My father never cares, my mother was always somewhat anti but after I got into it she endorsed it, sends me updates about any gunshows or auctions she hears about.
Her stepdad was a huge collector though with all sorts of cool shit, and apparently he sold it all because he looked at her and figured nobody in the family would ever want his guns.
IIRC he had a lot of Euro pocket pistols, and a mint artillery Luger with it's original stock
>>
File: 133.jpg (226KB, 1232x816px) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
226KB, 1232x816px
My mother was never really fond of guns, and refused to let me watch movies/TV shows with guns, play games involving guns, or have toy guns when I was very young. Despite that, she later told me I was playing with finger guns by the time I was 3 or 4. She was still never too fond of them, but she didn't mind them being around once me and my siblings were old enough to be safe with them. I got a mod 94 for Christmas when I was 15-16ish and have been buying guns ever since. My wife wasn't too fond of guns when we first met. She respected them and knew they had their place, but she didn't like being around them. We spent a few "dates" on her grandparent's land plinking and nipped that in the bud right off the bat.

The only family trouble I've had was I got unfriended on the headbook by some aunts and uncles for posting a pic of me and a couple friends in a little cave (on aforementioned grandparent's land) smoking a hookah, being accused of smoking pot. I did smoke pot at the time, but I would never post that shit publicly, the hookah just had shisha. Got a nasty message from an aunt and shrugged it off. Sucks to have to deal with that bullshit OP, personally I don't give enough of a fuck about bullshit family drama like that and will distance myself from it as much as possible.
>>
>>33005859
Facebook ain't your diary, faggot. It was never intended for that.

You unfriended yourself when you shoved your druggie activities in your family's face.

Everybody knows what class/type of people use hooka. Don't be such a naive little faggot.
>>
>>33005896
It is better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
>>
File: two.jpg (1MB, 2592x987px) Image search: [Google]
two.jpg
1MB, 2592x987px
>antigun mom
>father grew up with guns everywhere, his father was a amateur gunsmith.
>have a few acres of land, enough to shoot on but my mom didn't like us shooting there
>would always have to go shoot at a neighbors or friends house
>for my 18th birthday he gave me his fathers custom 30-06 and bought my a Weatherby Mark V
>had to keep them locked up until I moved out
>>
>>33005896
Again, I couldn't give less of a fuck about what they, or anybody for that matter, thinks about it. I was sharing my pics of a fun evening out camping with my friends, specifically with the friends that were there, and did nothing to incriminate myself. I completely agree on the first point, my use of facebook concludes with keeping in touch with old friends.
>>
Huh
>>
>>33004641
>ar 47
>not buying the superior ar 74
>>
>>33003101
>stop buying all those guns because likely you will want to sell them in a few years anyway
?
>>
File: 1477694553742.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1477694553742.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>33006221
>ar74
That's about as pointlessly stupid as 300 blackout AK's.
>>
>>33006259
>not wanting 6 whole mm of extra dps
>>
>>33003077
>people who would disown you for disagreeing with them have stopped talking to you
Sounds like the problem took care of itself
>>
>>33005622
>I chose my guns over my mom

Not even anti-gun, but that was pretty lame.
>>
>>33005763
>dating a girl that cheated on her husband
>multiple times
>with black dudes
Either youre a cuck or this is 8/10 b8 thats juuuust a bit too subtle
>>
>>33006380
You should read >>33005997, it strongly applies to you.
>>
File: pubsub pepe.png (255KB, 447x458px) Image search: [Google]
pubsub pepe.png
255KB, 447x458px
>>33005622
based florida
>>
>>33003077
>family is either anti or indifferent leaning towards anti
>notgonnabeavictim.jpg
>do my thing, buy guns starting at 18, take my cc class the day of my 21st bday, etc.
>gf is literally a /k/ meme and asks if I really need to take my gun to go out to dinner and shit
>ignore her
>several years later
>we're out one night and I pull up to an atm
>gf now wife goes to get some cash
>sitting in car I see white fuccboi get out of a shitty car and pulls his hoodie up and looks around all sketched out
>ivewaitedmylifeforthis.png
>guy makes a bee line for my bitch and I get out of the car quietly with my gun at low ready
>start walking towards my wife while the guy speeds up
>before he gets to close he glances at me and sees me and backs off and drives off
>wife turns around and sees me at low ready and the back of a hoodie running away
>fucks me like khal drogo that night and signs up for a cc class the next morning

shit was cash but bros you gotta literally stick to your guns for this kinda shit
>>
>>33006351
>I chose my guns over my mom
>Not even anti-gun, but that was pretty lame.

OP's mom is a shit person and a shittier mom even. I'd choose a Taurus gun over here desu.

>>33003077
ganbate OP! Stop buying those shitty fudd meme guns thogh. get an AP AR-15 or an AK.
>>
>>33006395
This!

>>3300680
Yeah man it's gf's sister who did that.
>>
>>33006351
>everybody loves their mom
>moms are infallible
>what are you, a mom hater

fuck off
>>
File: 1485478065212.jpg (113KB, 828x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485478065212.jpg
113KB, 828x1024px
>family from rural Oregon
>Fuddimus maximus
>Dad realises I'm into guns
>Constant taunting about $50 SKS and 400 dollar polytech
>Mom is neutral on guns
>Still owns .357
>Grandpa buried his guns after first Clinton along with polytech
I will find that stash one day
>>
File: 5699783.1440281661.jpg (216KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
5699783.1440281661.jpg
216KB, 800x534px
>>33003077
>dfw yugoslav child, hatched back in 1986
>dfw dad is cop and milita reservist
>dfw M70 hangs in (locked closet)
>dfw M76 in parents bedroom
>dfw. loose rounds and amgs in container in walk in closet for storage
>dfw I get to play with tons of handguns to familiarize me with the matter from age 3 or so
>dfw gunsmith grandfather takes me shooting 22lr
>dfw mom is still rabidly anti gun even though there is a gun in every corner of our houses
>"YOU CAN NEVER KNOW IF A GUN IS LOADED OR NOT!"
>dfw war
>>
>>33006597
Probably hid it in his septic tank thinking nobody would ever want to look there.
>>
>>33003077

Sorry to hear this brother. I had a VERY hard time with being accepted for my passion as well. I lost part of my extended family, grandfather and almost my own dad over it.

10 years ago, I was finishing up college. I bought a pellet pistol to begin learning how to shoot a handgun. Yes, a pellet pistol. My father found out (liberal, teacher, my mom got robbed as a bank teller) and dis-communicated me for about 2 months. At the time, I lived by myself and was 21. I was dumbfounded by his rage and stupidity. Oh, did I mention I was also on a national ranked collegeiate shooting team for 4 years? I shot daily, just not a handgun.

Well, I did what any red blooded American would do. I went to a gun show and bought my first real gun. M44 nugget. I never looked back. It took a few months but after he got to shoot it, he now has dozens of guns of his own. Go fucking figure.

The rest of my family never let the hate go. I now have my own small farm, shoot often and have just about anything I could ever want. I have many times more guns than most local shops do on display. For me, I am addicted for life. It is who I am. It is also a financial investment.

My grandpa is a WW2 vet, pacific theater. He is the most anti-gun person I know and he literally would scream at me about sandy hook, magazines, ARs, Glocks, etc. He has a small collection of fudd gear but that is OK...just as long as you don't have pistols, ammo cans, EBRs, etc. I have not spoken to him or his other sons for 4 years. I lived with him during the 2012-2013 Newtown incident and they harassed and shamed me constantly. I never retreated and now I am not welcome.

Part of being an adult is figuring out who you are, having the courage to be that person and live the life you have to. Don't think you are a bad person because a few people (now matter who they are) don't approve of your choices. Most gun people are great folks. Remember, they don't have to live your life. You do.
>>
Family is neutral to full fudd. They all realized they might as well accept it when I bought an AK.
>>
>>33006351
>I chose my personal beliefs over my son

Look at it like that faggot. She is at fault.
>>
>>33007056
>>33007056

This.

It is also "I changed his diaper" syndrome. To an extent, you can never convince your parents of some things, ever.

At this point, it has devolved into a full blown pissing contest. She may cave but she will only do so if she has your best interest in her heart. Not necessary because she just wakes up one morning and sees the light of logic and your basic human rights.
>>
>>33007111
>It is also "I changed his diaper" syndrome.

Me mom calls me at the most opportune times at work and gets pissed when I tell her I can't talk and hang up. She can't get her head around the fact that I'm 30 and working a job. She probably thinks of me as dicking around with my school fried after school at the creek...
>>
File: 1421542945325.png (475KB, 960x663px) Image search: [Google]
1421542945325.png
475KB, 960x663px
>Dad has lots of guns: 16. Only one that isn't a hunting weapon is an SKS, which he uses for hunting. Talked shit when I wanted a Mosin but bought it for me anyway back in the day because love. Can't really complain, but he always criticizes me for buying guns because "we" already have so many.
>Mom and dad don't like handguns. Don't see a need for them and always viewed them as accidents waiting to happen when they had 5 kids running around. Home defense was the SKS's job.
>>
>>33006380
he means gfs sister you mong
>>
>>33005859
my mom tried to do the same thing with me but I ended up biting my toast into guns and running around yelling pew pew so she gave up and became pro-gun
>>
File: 04b.jpg (33KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
04b.jpg
33KB, 400x600px
>>33003077
>be 12 year old me
>Mom marries stepdad
>Stepdad buys me gun as a gift to go hunting
>gets me the shittiest shotgun ever
>break action, kicks like a fucking mule
>more of a collectors gun than anything
>try it out, shit accuracy
>hate it because of reasons above
>start to hate guns
>hate hunting
>time goes by and I get more into handguns
>and decent long guns
>become really pro gun
>like guns more than stepdad now
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.