[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/ I have been lurking for a while and I am making this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: hue_br.jpg (19KB, 351x380px) Image search: [Google]
hue_br.jpg
19KB, 351x380px
Hello /k/
I have been lurking for a while and I am making this thread to look for advice.
I'll start saying that I live in Brazil.
If You have read something lately about my country, You probably know things are not good. After having this conversation with my wife for a while, We have decided to go ahead and get a gun for home defense.
Although it is possible for us to legally have a gun, our choices are very limited.
Basically, our choices are:

- Taurus revolver
- Imbel 1911 in .380 (high capacity)

We have ruled out any Taurus handgun because even here they have a bad reputation.
It is possible to buy a used Glock, but new Glocks aren't currently on the market. I'll add that we do not plan to take the gun out of our home as CC or whatever.
What should I get /k/?
>>
>>33001538
>have ruled out any Taurus handgun
I mean Taurus pistols.
>>
>>33001538
If you're just going to keep it at home why not a pump action 12 guage?
Simple, reliable, affordable (at least in most places), and very effective.
>>
>>33001611
I do agree, but that would be a second step.
Also the 12 gauges shotguns we are allowed to buy must have a 24 inch barrel. That would be hard to maneuver inside an apartment.
>>
>>33001538
Well budy get a taurus revolver, u have good luck with then. I have a 627 tracker, model 85 and a judge there all great guns.
>>
>>33001631
I would suggest the revolver then.
Imbel makes good FALs but I would be very hesitant to trust a double stack 380 1911 made by anybody.
>>
>>33001683
I was discussing with friends and people who own these Imbel pistols and they are highly regarded.
Our military use their 1911.
I guess it boils down to pistol vs revolver for home defense? I know the discussion is endless.
>>
>>33001703
What matters is if you trust it, if you trust it then go with the 1911 for the capacity and faster reload.
Make it a point to train in swiping off that safety however.
>>
>>33001538
tough one.
stopping powha vs capacity.
home invasions are rarely a single attacker, and range is really short. I'd go for the autoloader, unless you got the revolver cut for moon clips and got really fast on reloads.
>>
>>33001538
>not buying both
>>
Prezado,

CAC aqui... Quer uma arma para defesa residencial e patrimonial? Compra uma 12 pump boito ou CBC. Vc não vai se arrepender. Eu comecei comprando uma IMBEL, mas mudei para uma 12. É muito melhor. Boa sorte.
>>
>>33001645
Dad and you say get a revolver. Anyone (and my wife) can shoot it.

>>33001756
The trigger on this gun is supposed to be very sensitive once I rack the slide. In a panic situation could that be bad?

>>33001764
Speedloaders any good given I train for fast reloads?

>>33001766
I just might later on, but I must chose a first gun.
>>
>>33001834
É um apartamento numa região segura. Pode ser que mais para frente eu acabe comprando uma 12, mas por ora preciso escolher uma arma curta.
A propósito, vc é de que estado?
>>
>>33001865
DF

entre um revolver e pistola. Se você não é um grande entusiasta bélico e não pretende gastar muito tempo praticando. Vai de revolver. IMBEL precisa de uns 350 disparos pra ficar amaciada. Antes disso ela costuma dar panes.
>>
>>33001895
Meu pai tem essa visão. Não serei o Rambo.
Quando vc tirou CR, como verificou se o despachant era idoneo?
>>
>>33001901
Não uso despachante. Sou paranoico demais para isso. Passo no clube/federação. Pergunto tudo que querem e faço sozinho.
>>
I assume the revolver will be firing the same .380 round as the pistol.

It's not exactly the bullet that stops a rhino in mid run. But millions and millions of pistols have been made for this calibre.

Both of these weapons should be utterly reliable.The pistol's edge here is a lot more bullet capacity. The revolver, it's simplicity. Both matter in a high stress situation. If your wife is less /k/ than you and may have to use it too then her preference should weigh in a lot.
>>
>>33001538
I would probably go for revolver, but it's more of a preference than objective assesment.

That said if you and your wife don't plan to train with it (which is stupid, by you might be poorfags that can't afford ammo) revolver would be better choice, since you will never have to clear malfunction in case of use.
>>
>>33002042
Revolver is 38spl
Pistol is .380
>>
>>33002215
I recommend the revolver. I have a hard time believing a .380 1911 is going to be reliable enough to stake your life on. Plus the revolver would be easier for someone new to guns to get used to. You also have to take into account that if your wife used it she may not be able to rack the slide on the 1911, or the safety may trip her up. Plus .38 spl does have better ballistics than .380
>>
>>33002256
She couldnt rack the slide on an airsoft glock. You are correct.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.