[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wadcutters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0306.jpg (157KB, 1140x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0306.jpg
157KB, 1140x490px
Hey /k/, part of a writing group and in writing up an assassination scene. I had this idea for this group to use Wadcutter rounds at point blank range. Seemed interesting to me but thinking about it I'm not sure if a wadcutter would have enough force and power to effectively kill someone or at least not as effectively as other bullets. The only redeeming factor I could think of is using overpressured rounds hand loaded from scrape shells in order to avoid any sort of forensic bullshittery from linking my character to the attack.

Am I being autistic /k/? Or am I just over m thinking all of this? Should I just go with something like .327 or .357 and avoid all the handliading bullshit here? Or is this possible in a realistic setting?
>>
Go to a search engine.
Search for wadcutter.
>>
>>32996513
I used to do volunteer work with the police chief of a large suburban city. We used to talk a lot about what he did as a rookie, and one of the subjects was the sort of firearms he carried. Apparently, back before hollow point bullets were a thing many cops carried wadcutters.

I'm not sure what the justification was (memory is a little hazy), but professional LEOs did carry them at one point; that's a point in favor of your proposed narrative.
>>
>>32996513
>using wadcutters in a handgun
>not loading .22 bullets into .30 sabots and using a bolt action rifle
Have fun getting caught.
>>
>>32996869
>tfw it's a revolver
>>
>>32996895
>doing it up close
>not far away
I wouldn't want to be seen if I was murdering somebody, but to each his own.
>>
>>32996513
Have him use a 410 revolver with saboted slugs no ballistics. But to answer your question, wadcutters are lethal. My dad carried them in his model 10 when he was a cop in the early 70s. Theres a company making flush loaded hollowpoints now.
>>
>>32996513
The best way to avoid leaving behind ballistic information is to use a fragmenting round or a shotgun.
>>
>>32996773
>Apparently, back before hollow point bullets were a thing many cops carried wadcutters.

The reason for this was because older hollow points sucked when shot out of a short barreled revolver like a Model 36 or Detective Special. The FBI revolver load, the .38 Special +P 158 grain LSWCHP, had excellent performance when fired out of a 4'' barrel or longer. Out of a 2'' barrel though? It would still achieve adequate penetration but wouldn't expand at all.

This led some cops to adopt the use of wadcutters or backwards loaded wadcutters. The rationale was that if your ammo is not going to expand anyway, the flat-faced, sharp-shouldered profile of a wadcutter will give you better energy transfer, better destruction of tissue, and is less likely to be deflected when hitting bone at an oblique angle.
>>
>>32996513
>using an extremely uncommon round
>handloading it to AVOID forensics

This is retarded.

They certainly could kill, but would be a lot less effective than pretty much any other pistol round.
>>
What does a wadcutter have to do with forensics?

Yes, wadcutters are deadly. I carry them in my .38 every day.
>>
>>32997211
Why?
>>
>>32997255

It's a .38 snub. It's winter and people are wearing heavier clothes. I don't like +P due to noise and blast; a SD situation would likely be in a car near my face or a hallway.

I get penetration with slower velocity even through heavy clothing and a reliable .38 cal hole punch.

Using BB wadcuters. Not target loads.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.