[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Range accidents and fuckups.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Let's talk about range accidents /k/. Have you ever witnessed or caused any?

Personally I was present when two different guys from IPSC clubs shoot themselves in their leg due to safety negligence when unholstering/reholstering their guns. My range never had a single incident in the 20 years of its history, then in 2014 these two morons decided it was time to blow themselves a tunnel trough teir leg, in less than a month apart from each other.
>>
>>32984303
Are you a member at my club wcgc? I blame it on the increasing number of "real defiance" style competitions. "Tactical operating" is more dangerous than olympic slow as balls .22lr shooting. Also glock leg... freaking stupid no safety trigger safety.
>>
>>32984303

here are 2 of them

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=71d_1481881029

lady shoots herself in stomach area, bullet goes thru her & hits the instructor behind her, she just walks & sits down

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=446_1460474976

lady shoots herself in head, falls down

plenty more of these at liveleak, search for suicide range etc
>>
>>32984303
2004, had a borderline retard in my basic training platoon. Retardanon believed there were 43 seconds in a minute because another Pvt told him so. He took the "no facial hair" rule to the point he shaved off his eyebrows. Different day, new fuckup from retardanon.

Somehow he squeeks through basic and AIT. The fact he squeaked through MEPS was a miracle in itself. Goes to his unit.

>at .50 range
>he's asking one of his usual stupid questions
>squadleader tells him to get a pacecount to the 300m target
>turns around, pays him no more mind
>dumbfuck actually did it
>somehow, no-one saw this stupid fuck walk past the firingline
>Retardanon literally walks up to the 300m target
>gets mistaken for a popup target
>no more retardanon
>literally died less than 3 months after arriving at his unit.
>didn't have kids
>somehow didn't get a Darwin Award

Some of the smartest people I met were in the military, but so were the absolute dumbest.

>inb4 welfare queen
>inb4 died4israel
>inb4 thank you for your service
>>
>>32988425

Damn, u actually feel bad for the guy. So dumb but wants to do a good job.

Anyway, my real reason for posting was to give this thread a bump because it seems like it has potential and it's almost on page 10
>>
>>32988425
I want to feel bad for this dude but at the same time I can't. It's just a "damn" feeling.
>>
>>32988640
I'm kinda the opposite, I want to think bad about him, but he was just so dumb and meant well, that I can't.
>>
I once saw a webm of a mother and son at the range. The mother shot her son in the back of the head. She later said it was because she wanted her son to get an "angel girlfriend".
>>
File: 1425433515327.jpg (28KB, 274x371px) Image search: [Google]
1425433515327.jpg
28KB, 274x371px
>>32989524
Now thats fucked up.
>>
>>32989540
The son wasn't a kid, if that's your mental image. He was at least 17.
>>
>>32984303
>buddy shooting clays
>I'm behind and to the right loading a 10/22 mag
>clay goes up
>wind catches it
>it goes behind, and to the right
>right over my head
>buddy tunnel visions hard and takes the shot
>cloud of birdshot misses my head by 2/3 meters.
>go and sit down for a bit
>>
File: 1472370807232.jpg (15KB, 290x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472370807232.jpg
15KB, 290x270px
>>32989551
That somehow just makes it worse
>>
File: image.jpg (308KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 768x1024px
>>32984303
Not really recent or with a "real" gun, but I learned very quickly not to be careful around firearms...

>be me
>maybe 7-10 years old
>whatever year the backstreet boys "action figures" came out at Burger King
>27 now...
>decide they're faggots and spend time shooting them with pellet guns with my friend
>friend goes home
>howie dorough looks smug and I feel the need to fire at him one more time
>ran out of pellets so I switched to the red ryder
>take aim
>fire
>bb deflects off howies plastic face and right into the inner corner of my eye
>youngkidfreakout.gif
>stop and make sure I'm not blind
>pull down slightly under my eye
>fucking bb falls out onto the ground
>freak out some more

And that's how I almost blinded myself shooting a Burger King toy. Pic related. Had to google the Howie Dorough figure.
>>
>>32989615
*learned quickly TO be careful...
Fucking phone
>>
Not sure how many of you guys use or frequent Instagram
A while back I came upon TrueExodus
> Self proclaimed gun instructor
> No certifications, no military or law enforcement experience
> Started off watching videos on YouTube and started making his own
> Tapes himself "engaging" multiple targets at close range
> Edits his footage and speeds it up to make it look faster
> Adds music to make it "badass"

Guess he met the right people got sponsors. Now he "teaches" classes on fundamentals. Just rips classes from other people and regurgitates what other people do.
Recently in one of his classes one of his students shot himself in the nuts.
> But its okay, he doesn't have proper Medical training but he knows how to treat Gun shot wounds....
>>
>>32986202
Holy shit, the first video
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.