[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever had a semi-auto go full auto by malfunction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: atf.jpg (77KB, 640x980px) Image search: [Google]
atf.jpg
77KB, 640x980px
Has anyone ever had a semi-auto go full auto by malfunction?
>>
>>32984301
My brother once shot a CZ75 of someone (chambered in .22lr though) that had a really light weight trigger. It sometimes went of two or three times "with the same trigger pull"
>>
I had a super dirty SKS slam fire a couple times. I was young and didn't clean my guns well. My PTR did once but it was reloads done by me and I have to assume that it was due to a fucked up primer. It fired two shots with one pull of the trigger.
>>
Saw a guy's M1A cook off a mag at the range. He had replaced the plastic top part of the handguard with unventilated wood.
>>
>>32984421
SO does that mean dirty cosmoline i s now a illegal modification?
>>
>>32984301
I had a CZ 75 do a 2 round burst a couple times

Still can't figure out why. There is nothing wrong with any of the parts
>>
>>32984301
had a daewoo dr200 burst fire on me
>>
>>32984301
Yep, well kinda
I had just built my m16A2 clone from an 80%
Apparently, my trigger holes were out of spec and the stock trigger group fires on trigger re-set.

Not illegal thankfully
But I dumped 5 rounds before I figured out what happened.
The old Range Fuds were so mad.
Their high pitched lisps and screeching was actually kinda funny.
>No rapid fire!

So I saved $500 vs buying that trigger group that is designed to shoot on trigger re-set.
>>
>>32985530
check disconnect. it's probably propping the sear.
>>
>>32987946
if you wanna fix that you gotta tune/replace your disconnector
>>
>>32984490
How would the handguard cause that?
I have a chink M1A and I can't visualize what that would do.
>>
>>32984301
Had my broom handle fire 4 rounds on its own when the new recoil spring i bought for it failed.
Pinched the fuck out of me to.
>>
I had a really early Glock 21 that I bought from a guy that originally purchased it in Germany when he was stationed there in the Army. It had target sights, German proof marks, and a shorter than usual serial number. Anyway, first time I took it to the range it did a couple of two round bursts. It was a serious WTF moment. The range master shot it and it did the same thing to him. I called Glock the same day and they got pretty excited, had me send it back to them as fast as possible and they replaced a bunch of parts on it, opened the ejection port up a bit too. No charge. That was like 11 years ago. Sold it a few years later because I was a poorfag at the time and had to sell it to buy a different gun I wanted.
>>
>>32988382
That's not the issue
The trigger holes are off center
Makes the rigger rock a little
The result is a reset shot
>>
>>32984301
My range buddy's dad bought him a Bushmaster AR the day Obama was elected in 2008, can't for the life of me remember the model. We took it out in 2012 after it sat for two years unfired and it was shooting 2-5 shot bursts. We decided the grip and stock and it still did it. Buddy's dad bought an LPK and replaced it but the original parts are sitting in his safe for reasons.
I also had an AR that would fire two round bursts but that was my fault for not using a good screwdriver to secure the grip. The play was causing bump fires, and when I tried to sight it in the fudd RSO accused me of rapid fire and put me on time out.
>>
>>32984490
>No ventilation.
>Gun gets way hooter than usual.
>Hot enough to cook off rounds.
>Guns can't tell the difference between a round cooking off due to convection heat and a round being fired from a primer strike.
>Gun continues to cycle as the rounds are fired, feeding a round into the chamber where it cooks off even faster than the last due to the added heat of the last round.

AUGs will do it if they are fitted with heavy barrels, as the barrel soaks up the heat and forces it back into the round.
That said, you need to fire long enough and fast enough to get the top cover smoking.
>>
>>32990044
Meant for
>>32988650
>>
I have a Law Enforcement buddy modify a Glock
> Custom stippling
> Custom Slide with added serrations
> Replaced recoil rod
> Replaced springs
> Bought a Zev tech trigger

Took it out to the range
> BRBRBRBRBRBR

He called up Zev and got the trigger exchanged. Something was lose or not working properly.
>>
I used to have a century tantal that fired 3 rounds the first time I pulled the trigger.
>>
File: doggykevlar.jpg (44KB, 507x436px) Image search: [Google]
doggykevlar.jpg
44KB, 507x436px
>>32984301
No but your pic reminded me of this I have saved
>>
German here (telling you this because semi auto open bolts are allowed here)

A friend of mine owns a Dittrich BD38 (thats a Repro MP38 made by the same company that makes the excellent but horribly expensive Stg 44)

When he just had bought it, we headed to the range with tons of cheap ammo and magazines. Firing as fast as possible, suddenly it malfunctioned after two or three rounds and the whole mag emptied like RATATATATATAT. We had fun, everybody else was like WTF. Never happened again though. Still wonder what happened.
>>
>>32990189
German as well. wtf open bolts are legal here? I've finished my "gun owning licence" last year and even the guy (Sachkundeleiter) who teached us in gun laws and safety said that they were illegal. I could imagine that your friends gun had a loose firing pin spring that caused it firing rapidly without pulling the trigger?
>>
File: 1436183290939.jpg (19KB, 261x247px) Image search: [Google]
1436183290939.jpg
19KB, 261x247px
>>32990044
>>32990048
I get it now.
Goddamn.
>>
>>32991237
it's true. it's even in my ruger ar556 manual. round cook off i think is what it's called.
>>
>>32991121
Open bolt semi is perfectly fine here. How would the BD38s and other kinds be able to go onto a WBK if not?
>>
I got a llama 1911 that goes full auto 9 times out of 10. Quality weaponry there.
>>
My pps-43c double fires at least once per mag. It's pretty fucking cool though.
>>
>>32985574
How ?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.