[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Killing in self-defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_0176.jpg (32KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0176.jpg
32KB, 640x467px
If I'm walking down the street and someone pulls a gun on me and demands my wallet, I give it to them, then shoot them while they go through it, would I be fucked over by police? Where is the line drawn as to what constitutes a valid use of lethal force? Have any of you ever been involved in a self-defense shooting?
>>
>going through it in front of you
No.

They take the wallet and either kill you or leave. If they kill you you're dead. If you shoot them in the back while they're leaving you're a murderer outside of Texas.
>>
Just don't shoot them in the back and you're good to go.

Don't get seen by any CCTV or bystanders either.
>>
>>32982913
>then shoot them while they go through it, would I be fucked over by police?
make sure they are dead and say you feared for your life then shut up until you talk to your lawyer.

>Where is the line drawn as to what constitutes a valid use of lethal force?
depends on your state laws

>Have any of you ever been involved in a self-defense shooting?
i wouldnt believe anything posted here
>>
>>32982931
>yell "HEY FAGGOT"
>guy turns around while walking away
>mag dump into his front
>>
>>32982931
>you're a murderer outside of Texas.
no
>>
>>32982969
what did he mean by this
>You are a murderer in Texas
>Texas isn't the only state who will see you as innocent
>>
>>32983008
are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>32983016
just pointing out the one word response no can mean different things
>>
>>32983039
maybe re read what he said before you make a dumb ass comment
>>
>>32982969
>Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
>(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft from escaping with the property;
TEXAS. Only state in the union to still have the fleeing felon law.
>>
>>32983114
>Only state in the union to still have the fleeing felon law.
again no
>>
>>32983079
Maybe you reread what I said.

Some anon said "You're a murderer outside of texas"

You just said no.

Does that mean either
A: Texas will consider you a murderer
B: More states instead of just Texas will not see you as a murderer.
>>
>>32983122
b
>>
>>32983120
Then you could have said from the start that Texas isn't the only state, you fucking nitwit.
>>
>>32983079
What exactly is an "ass comment"?

See what he means, retard?
>>
>>32982931
dammit. California won't be any help. I'll be condemned and be used as a ploy for their totalitarian gun grabbing agendas.
>>
>>32983120
Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S.
Texas is the only exception, as they preserved it in their state law.
>>
>>32983132
it was heavily implied, a monkey could have realized that.

>>32983135
(you)
>>
>>32983154
>a single word response heavily implied anything
shut the fuck up lol
>>
>>32982913
It's pretty clear cut senpai, in most of the world other than Texas, you don't get to kill people over a few hundred dollars.

As soon as the situation has been diffused, and you are unlikely to be in grave danger, you can't shoot.
Once you get out of your car, and they get in and look at the road, it's all ogre.
Once your wallet is in his hands and he turns the gun away to run, it's all ogre.

Tbh I don't know why you would want to shoot someone over a wallet. The bigger issue is that you literally can't take the peaceful option if you are CCing, as if he happens to see your gun/bulge during the wallet handover etc he will try take it and be expecting you to draw, meaning if he then goes and kills some nigger with it, you are in deep shit.

So, shoot before you are handing your stuff over if you have a gun on you, because then it is worth the hassle to not get fucked by a leftie court, but don't fucking go get your gun from your car and go shoot Tyrone when he isn't looking, as that is straight up murder at worst and vigilantism at best. Self-defense implies the removal of a direct threat to yourself in most of the world, not including your property like in Texas.
>>
>>32983184
>lol
xD
>>
>>32983194
why can't the rest of us have based Texas law? we're suffering here
>>
>>32983194
>in most of the world other than Texas, you don't get to kill people over a few hundred dollars.
wrong.trump

you texassfags are fucking stupid
>>
>>32983228
Go ahead and post your state's law then.
>>
>>32982913
It's a hypothetical question dependant on hundreds of variables. Basically, the question comes down to this: "Would you prefer death or jail"? If you're answer is jail, then you will defend yourself if YOU feel your life is is in jeopardy.
>>
>>32983256
*your
>>
As long as the criminal has a weapon on him during the commission of the crime he is considered an armed and deadly threat just about anywhere. Self defense would still be allowed in many states, just don't expect to get away with shooting him in California for example. Always say he pointed his gun at you so you shot in self defense. It's a true statement as is. Do not mention when or if he put his weapon away. Do not speak any further without a lawyer.
>>
>>32983222
Imo it creates a lot of situations which just stir up shit.
At the stage where you are shooting people outside of self-defense, they are presumably either yet to commit an illegal act other than trespassing (could be a drugged up teenager, or retard who got lost) or are actively carrying your shit away, which is more of a revenge move anyways as you have just ventilated Tyrone, and your flatscreen.
I mean just look at the constant stream of news about "wrongful" killings and such coming out of aforementioned states, and the media witchhunt which follows.
I think the laws allow for immoral retards to take revenge over a fucking couple hundred dollars, or allow regular fudds to accidentally fuck up their whole lives because they took the legally defensible path without really thinking through the moral consequences due to all the adrenalin.

>>32983228
Ah, my mistake. A small handful of states in the US.
I have lived across most of the world, including a lot of the third world, and it is criminal even in fucking Bulgaria and such to just shoot theives.

Obviously Britain and such are cucked beyond all reason, with fucking theives sueing land owners for getting themselves hurt/stuck, but the rest of the world just saying "maybe don't shoot people in the back over less than a regular pay-check's worth of goods" is okay in my books.
If I seriously fear for my life, I will take another, if I have my TV/wallet taken, I will buy another.
>>
>>32983297
California actually has some of the better use of force laws among cuck states.
>>
>>32983299
>if I have my TV/wallet taken, I will buy another.
i dont get this mindset. if someone is in my house, i will shoot them. if someone uses force to take my wallet, i will shoot them. if you allow them to get away chances are they will do it again to someone else and that increases the chance someone innocent will get hurt.

its not about the monetary value of your wallet or tv, its the violent act they think is ok to commit.
>>
>>32983299
>Britain and such are cucked beyond all reason, with fucking theives sueing land owners for getting themselves hurt/stuck
This happens in the US too. In 1984 one Ricky Bodine was stealing some shit from his high school's gymnasium, fell and broke his spine, sued the school and won $260,000 plus $1200/month for life.
>>
If you care about self defense just don't shoot anyone unless it's absolutely necessary, if they take your wallet you'll probably get your money back eventually, losing a few hundred dollars is better than getting in a ton of legal trouble, potentially having the person you try to shoot fire back and kill you too, or having to sleep at night knowing you killed someone for petty thievery.

This whole obsession with shooting people in "self defense" at the first possible opportunity is just illogical, paranoid, and psychotic, like the retarded martial arts instructors who'll tell you to start an action movie knife fight if someone tries to rob you even though that increases your likelyhood of dying by orders of magnitude compared to just running the fuck away.

You are not living in an action movie, don't shoot people unless they ARE going to hurt you or others.
>>
>>32983321
It's about the difference between what is replaceable and irreplaceable.
>>
>>332983352
>Thief tries me
>Gets smoked
>Thinks I'm going to lose sleep.

FOH with that weak Shit nigga
>>
>>32983321
Unless your life is in danger, which in your explanation it is not directly are they are carrying out an act which does not put you in direct hard, you are being a vigilante, which you admited to in your post.

This is outright illegal, as you have made the consious decision to punish these people as you see fit for a crime.

>if someone is in my house I will shoot them
>if someone takes my wallet I will shoot them

betterbeinTexas.gif

Personally I wouldn't sleep well handing out the death sentence to random teenagers when I don't need to. I would be perfectly happy to collect my insurance, notify the cops of the good look I got at Tyrone's face, and sleep well that he probably got a few years in jail or even a short time and strict bail if he has robbed some other houses already.

>>32983334
This I straight up don't understand, if you are trespassing in what waa currently private property (ie closed to the public during those hours) what fucking grounds can you sue on?
And what judge overlooks the fact that you were breaking the law to get into that position.

Shit's fucked senpai.
Hate how it has to be either dealing death to 14 year old delinqents, or paying the guy robbing me in a court of law.
Same case as gun laws, it can never be a reasonable middle ground.
>>
File: 1486142166187.gif (2MB, 415x323px) Image search: [Google]
1486142166187.gif
2MB, 415x323px
>>32982951
kek
>>
File: 1DU3vh8.jpg (112KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
1DU3vh8.jpg
112KB, 600x384px
It's really completely situationally dependent on the exact, precise circumstances I find myself in and what I need to do to stay breathing. I might not even pull my piece. I might not even be able to. I don't know. I've never been robbed, praise God.

One thing I do not have is some autistic fantasy of shooting someone on the street in "self defense". It would surely be a huge disruption in my life and it could affect me emotionally. I'm sure killing another human being affects normal people's emotions
>>
File: 1478462305333.png (1MB, 5760x3456px) Image search: [Google]
1478462305333.png
1MB, 5760x3456px
>>32983415
>Same case as gun laws, it can never be a reasonable middle ground.
Are you daring to suggest I don't have the right to pick up a Raytheon FGM-148 Javelin and a six pack of anti tank missiles for same at Walmart without so much as a valid ID?
Because you better not be.
>>
>>32983372
thanks for ignoring what i said

>>32983415
>This is outright illegal
no. if someone breaks into my house i can shoot them, if someone uses force to take my wallet i can shoot them.
>>
>>32983445
While you fear for your life due to these acts, yes.
However if you shoot them from up a stairwell in the dark with so much as a shout, a judge in most states/countries will be very confused as to how you felt threatened.
Wallet same deal, if the guy is obviously high on drugs and pointing a gun right at you, fair play. However if some nigger with a knife just takes it and runs, or if you get pick pocketed, you don't get to shoot them.

Again, get it straight in your head, shooting someone because you think they deserve it is not "Self defense" in any reasonable stretch of the term. Even in a defense of property plea, if you meantion that you thought they deserved it you are fucked.
>>
>>32983477
it wont even get to a judge because i wont get charged. i dont get why you are having a hard time with this.

>if you meantion that you thought they deserved it you are fucked.
where did i say to ever mention this? you feared for your life, thats all you say.
>>
>>32982931
This is why I always carry a fake wallet

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to shoot a dirty thief but the law isn't on my side and as you said, they're not about to hang around in front of you rummaging through it, just give them a fake one and git
>>
>>32983299
What is wrong, exactly, with protecting your property? You think that suddenly if you can see thier back it is not justifiable to have your property returned by force?
>>
>>32983490
>living in a vast minority of states/countries where a self-defense case won't get you charged after you clearly shot in a situation you were not in immidiate and clear danger

Xd bro, this is totally the situation discussed ITT, OP definitely lives next door to you, and I have continually been making sure to directly address these areas in my posts xdxd
You got me bro, gud argument. lol
>>
>>32983551
tell me why i would be charged if someone forced their way into my house or presented deadly force while attempting to steal from me.

both are clear cut self defense cases. idk why you have this cuck mentality.
>>
>>32983538
You are killing someone over a fucking TV.
Regardless of what a minority of laws tell you, do you think that's okay?

For example, young Jeff is a gud kid in middle-school, having fun, decent grades, whatever. His parents have a fight, daddy hits mummy, they split. Jeff doesn't yet have the coping mechanisms for this, and ends up falling in drugs, hard. After a few year smoking some pot etc, Jeff tries meth. Boy, Jeff likes meth.
Unfortunately, daddy isn't paying mummy the child support, and mummy can't make enough whoring to fully support Jeff.
Now Jeff is trying to juggle a crippling drug addiction along with tuition fees, and he decides for one time off he is gonna try break into a house, even though it kills him inside to take other people's shit.

Now comes the branch.
Jeff either walks in anons house, takes the TV, and is immidately caught by the cops, due to anon utilising his element of surprise to see Jeff's face, and catch the plates on Jeff's car. He is so shocked by jail he does anything to get out, signs bail and gets clean as a part of that. He moves on with his life, starts a family, and always deeply regrets how close his life came to spiralling totally out of control.

Orrr, Jeff dies choking in a pool of his own blood on anon's floor, because anon really likes that $200 TV that Jeff took while tweaking. Jeff becomes just another statistic, a victim of his own circumstances, and never achieves of gives back to society, making all effort ever invested in Jeff a waste.

To me it's pretty obvious what a reasonable person would do, and when you start acting unreasonably, you are asking to get fucked.
Again, these laws should be to protect people when they shoot genuine killers in situations which would raise eyebrows otherwise, not to fucking allow people to pop trespassers at a moments notice with no warning.
>>
>>32983623
>You are killing someone over a fucking TV.
you are missing the point. he FORCED his way into your home, you have no clue what his intentions are. he could take the tv to his car them come back and fuck your wife, are you going to stand by and let him?

im honestly surprised at your stupidity. if anyone breaks into your house you can shoot them. its that simple
>>
>>32983623
Man I'm glad I read Jeff's fucking biography before he broke into my house. Plus positively ID him on the dark and assume he has the best intentions and will turn his life around. Plus assume word won't get around that my house is easy pickings. Maybe I'll try to run away and let him take/kill my wife and daughter like that senator or whoever he was.
>>
>>32983584
>someone is in my house
>thus, while I am safely locked in my room with a firearm, I am in serious danger and should sneak around the house with an aim to kill the person

Fucking call downstairs that you are armed and coming out, if he stays it is clear he is looking to kill you, so you can reasonably kill him. This is a normal responce.

Call the cops, lock and load, if you really care about your stuff give a warning call and come out all operator larp style.

Unless you live in a castle doctrine state, you will get fucked for just shooting someone simply because they have tour wallet, or are in your house.
>>
File: 1486770118708-k.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1486770118708-k.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
This is the stupidest shit ever. Every time I see this thread made it is filled with Ulysses tier fudd lore.
>>
>>32983623
>and when you start acting unreasonably, you are asking to get fucked.
your entire hypothetical is pretty retard tier. i dont give a shit about how some scumbag grew up. he decided to break into my house and endanger my family. guess what he wins? a bullet to the face. no one will be charged because its perfectly legal.
>>
>>32983655
>hide in your room while the rest of your unarmed family is vulnerable
>This is a normal responce.
top kek

>Unless you live in a castle doctrine state,
i do. so whoever broke into my house is going to die
>>
File: 1486386122077-k.jpg (895KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
1486386122077-k.jpg
895KB, 1000x746px
>>32983656
Upon further inspection it is 50% Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep animal dropping trolling.
>>
>>32983623
I didn't think of that.
Jeff truly dindu nuffin.
>>
>>32982969
>>32983016
>>32983079
>>32983130
>>32983154
Hey man, Im not the anon you were arguing with but you are a giant faggot.
>>
>>32983656
If you take the magazine disconnect safety out of your Hi-Power and use it in self defense you'll hang gat darnit!
>>
>>32982951
Legit though, is this a viable strategy?
>>
>>32983639
>>32983649
>don't sleep with their loved one's and guns

>thinks petty crooks are going to plan out multiple thefts on the same house after one gets caught

>genuinely doesn't care about killing someone who they don't know their intentions

Okay. Gonna go ad hominem here because I genuinely don't understand who thinks this is reasonable behaviour.
Killing people is not in and of itself wrong, I'm an army inf fag, and I get it, sometimes you gotta shoot people.

However if you two genuinely think that shooting randoms simply because they are in your house, instead of calling out to chase them away, is reasonable, you are either straight up retards or 13 year old no-gun larpers.

Did no one teach you why society works the way it does, and that owning a firearm comes with a responsibility to use it properly?
Why would you look for excuses to carry out your murder fantasies? Why not just un-cuck yourselves and join the forces to get it out of your systems? Instead of masturbating about killing fucking petty crooks in your hallway in questionable circumstances.
>>
>>32982951
Well it did save mac's life; sounds reasonable.
>>
File: you.png (3KB, 149x105px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
3KB, 149x105px
>>32983688
>>
>>32983678
>not arming your kids
>not telling them to lock the door when the alarm trips
>not having a security gate to the top floor

Who is the cuck?
Take reasonable precautions to keep your shit safe, so you don't have to commit murder in your own home.

That said, you are castle doctrine, so I guess whatever works.
You are not one of the other retards arguing that shooting trespassing dindus is legal in non-castle doctrine states.
>>
>>32983714
I want you, to right now, put a sign up in your abode, a sign saying that your plan is to shout at thieves. Do it. You won't? SAD. Nice going you internet tough guy.
>>
>>32983714
>>don't sleep with their loved one's and guns
do you have kids? do you have brothers/sisters that live with you?
not everyone lives alone.

>don't know their intentions
this is exactly why you kill them. am i supposed to sit down with them and ask if they plan on harming me or my family?

>I genuinely don't understand who thinks this is reasonable behaviour.
you are the minority here.

>you are either straight up retards or 13 year old no-gun larpers.
again you are the minority here.

>and that owning a firearm comes with a responsibility to use it properly?
using my HD gun for HD is using it properly.

>Why would you look for excuses to carry out your murder fantasies?
i dont have a fantasy of shooting a home intruder. i dont want to put my family through that but if it comes down to it, im prepared to do what i need to do to protect myself and my family.
>>
>>32983725
Still waiting. >>32983237
>>
>>32983753
Why would I sign shit about my defense strategy?
I am not required to.
The plan is not to shout at them, it is to give them fair warning that I am armed and will take their staying in my house after my call as an attempt on my life, and will act accordingly.
>>
>>32983766
What will you do if they turn 360 degrees and moonwalk away while carrying your stuff?
>>
>>32983445
Sure thing bro! It was well worth ignoring.
>>
>>32983762
>doesn't want to kill someone infront of his family
>refuses to call out or fire a warning shot regardless
>refuses to maintain a defensible position instead of leaving his family to hunt an intruder throughout the house

Really makes you think
>>
>>32983445
You can do whatever the fuck you want if you don't mind jail.
>>
>>32983778
File a police report, claim insurance, buy new stuff, improve my home security system.

Sure it's an inconveniance, but less so than shooting some dickhead and having a court rule that actually he was deaf/mute/retarded/a minority so I should enjoy jail, and much better than shooting someone who genuinely didn't deserve it and having to see his mother cry for him.
>>
>>32983796
explain to me how using force to protect myself and my family will send me to jail. pro tip: you cant.
>>
>>32982913
Take a fucking concealed carry class.
>>
>>32982913
Best chance is to make drawing your gun look like you're pulling your wallet out and ventilate their chest as you bring the gun up.
>>
>>32983785
you are removing some key words to make a point. bravo
>>
>>32983811
So you wouldn't even punch the dude huh. Das interesdasting.
>>
>>32983814
Depending on the circumstances it can be illegal.
Breaking the law often gets you sent to jail, then court, then prison - especially when it involves killing someone.
>>
>>32983079
Lol what a faggot.
>>
>>32983785
>warning shots
No one competant with criminal law will ever recommend this
>>
>>32983833
>Depending on the circumstances it can be illegal.
give me two examples of how shooting someone who breaks into my house can land me in jail.
>>
>>32982913
What you do is draw and scream, "give me my fucking wallet back!"

He's either going to see the gun and give you the wallet back or go for his gun and give you reason to smoke him.
>>
>>32983811
Well, I hope someone steals your PC/laptop/phone/guns so you can never grace us with your amazing stupidity again.
>>
>>32983697
As long as no witnesses or CCTV camera footage of you and then you play the "I feared for my life" card, I'd assume so if all entry wounds were in the front.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 651x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 651x429px
>>32983842
Depends on the country, many of the third world shitholes still have it as the norm.

>>32983858
>"Hey guys, why don't you call out to ensure that they dindu is actually meaning to kill you, that way you can avoid jail for sure"
>hurr durr gtfo retard WILL NOT BE

Again, probably no-guns underaged.
This is why I get same coming to /k/, all the actual previous LEO and mil are cancerous tripfags, and everyone else is underage and/or roleplayers.
>>
>>32983135
>T H I C C
>>
>>32983900
sad coming to /k/*
>>
>>32983796
Because your lawyer might be shittier than the DA. The legal system fucks up in both directions. Your morality will not be shared by all 12 jurors.
>>
>>32983900
Seriously dude, you must be baiting because you just claimed you will take literally zero action to save your stuff from being stolen. I don't even know why I'm replying.
>>
>>32983926
>lock my valuable stuff up
>if there is something not locked up and/or accessible before the police arrive I will give a warning call and come out ready to kill someone if I have to

fugg, zero action, I never saw it like that before.
So to take any action I have to ventilate 3 underage dindus on full auto, right?
>>
>>32983814
...Anonymous
02/13/17(Mon)17:31:20No.32983922

>>32983796 (You)#
Because your lawyer might be shittier than the DA. The legal system fucks up in both directions. Your morality will not be shared by all 12 jurors
>>
File: nigga u dumb.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
nigga u dumb.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>32983725
Your'e just an autistic faggot looking to argue. Pretty easy to see
>>
>>32983969
>implying it would ever get to court
>>
>>32983697
If the man is of a dindu persuasion, I imagine "nigger" would work 10x better. He might even charge at you, making it 100% legal. Just cross your fingers no bleeding heart liberals hear you. In jail for a hatecrime now and his graduation photo is on the TV next to your mug shot.
>>
>>32983986
That's what the cops who are above the law think. Most of the time, they're right.
>>
>>32983785
>doesn't want to kill someone infront of his family
1. I don't have a family, so it's not a concern
2. If you do have a family it's the number one reason to not "take up a defensible position", as you have to go gather the family up and make sure everybody's ok
>refuses to call out or fire a warning shot
If it's clear that the intruder doesn't have a weapon, of course I'd call out before doing anything else, but if I can clearly see a gun or knife in their hand (even if it's one they stole from me) they're getting smoked.
>refuses to maintain a defensible position instead of leaving his family to hunt an intruder through the house
So your entire family lives in one room? Like I said before, I don't have a family, but growing up the family was spread throughout the house. Warning shots would expose them to unneeded harm and damage anybody that was close enough to the shot's hearing, and my dad would've had to cleared nearly every room in the house to check on us in the event of a break-in.

Nice projecting with the murderous fantasies thing though faggot.
>>
>>32984018
the law is very clearly on my side. kys with your morality argument.
>>
>>32983194
>Tbh I don't know why you would want to shoot someone over a wallet.

cuz it's my money
>>
>>32983194
Tbh I don't know why somebody would shoot somebody over a wallet either, which is why I don't rob people for their wallets at gunpoint.

You're acting like we're advocating leaving your wallet on a park bench and sniping whoever picks it up from the top of the nearest building.
>>
>>32984035
You've never even seen a lawyer, have you?
>>
>>32984033
>I don't want to have to gather up my family to a safe position
>I would rather stalk through the house in the pitch black with a loaded firearm instead, it's safer

Enjoy shooting your kids.
If you live in a rough neighbourhood, have everyone sleep upstairs and put a security gate at the top of the stairs.
Even without the gate, it will mean you can set up at the end of the hallway and know you won't have any family members out in front of you once you have checked their beds.
>>
>>32982913

just dont surrender the wallet...it complicates the situation.

act like youre going for your wallet, then just draw and fire.
>>
>>32984071
why do i need to see a lawyer? i can read the law(s) that regard SD.
>>
>>32982931
you can shoot a fleeing felon in michigan legally
>>
>>32984072
Not everybody lives in a 2 story home you fucking welfare queen, not to mention that you should still go check on your kids regardless of where they live in the house.

In your ideal world, anybody that didn't live in a 2 story home would just spend a lifetime behind bars for having the audacity to not let Tyrone beat the shit out his daughter and take their belongings?
>>
>>32984085
At least you have literacy on your side. Guess your very safe in SD.
>>
>>32984129
self defense you fucking idiot
>>
>>32984067
I'm just saying that the criminal is a retard, and acting outside of the law. Not sure why you would react to that by doing the exact same thing.

The wallet is literally worth fucking nothing nowadays as you can just cancel the credit cards, I rarely have more than $50-100 cash at most.
Obviously if he seems intent on shooting you, or you have a gun you are worried he will see and steal, then you have no option.
However if he just wants the money I would just hand it to him. I mean really it's not a lot, if he had explained his situation I wouldn't have been too bad just giving him the $50.

I may be different though as I have been held up a few times while living in South Africa, so may not trigger me as hard as some people who are not used to it.
>>
>>32984138
>Not sure why you would react to that by doing the exact same thing.
its not the same thing though

> if he had explained his situation I wouldn't have been too bad just giving him the $50
god damn you are cucked beyond belief
>>
>>32984085
Because you have no fucking idea what the words will mean in a court of law.
>>
>>32983623
All kinds of people go through unfortunate circumstances in life without breaking into people's homes.

You are making excuses for people who knowingly break the law.
>>
>>32984137
Do you keep your self in your wallet? In your TV?
>>
>>32984164
how do you get that?

Homicide is also justifiable when committed either:
(1) In the lawful defense of the slayer, or his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother, or sister, or of any other person in his or her presence or company, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design on the part of the person slain to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury to the slayer or to any such person, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or
(2) In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, in his or her presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which he or she is.

where am i breaking a law
>>
>>32984123
>living in a one story house
>placing children or otherwise vulnerable family members far away from you in a bad neighbourhood
>not being able to afford fucking security bars for all of maybe 6-8 windows and a deadbolt on your door

I don't get it, why not just take reasonable steps to protect yourself and your family without having to kill anyone initially?
Vast minority of crims will get through security bars, and even then, calling out loud that you are armed should get them to fuck off. If they don't fuck off, you can reasonably kill them.

I just don't know why anyone reasonable would jump straight to taking a life, without any other actions or precautions.
I suppose as I have said previously, you are inexperienced with death, and you have yet to see a mother put her son in the ground, so you wish it on people you have never met.
I am not sure you have ever even killed anything anon, not even a rabbit, let alone a human, or even seen one die.
I advise you try it before blasting someone who could turn out to be heart-breakingly innocent, as that would change you for the worse, forever.
>>
>>32984202
>>32984164
(1) A person is guilty of residential burglary if, with intent to commit a crime against a person or property therein, the person enters or remains unlawfully in a dwelling other than a vehicle.
(2) Residential burglary is a class B felony.
>>
>>32984172
So in your opinion, the cops should kill everyone who breaks the law?
It's that black and white?

As fuck, road users are going to have to adapt fast.

I am not making excuses for people who break the law, I am simply trying to outline that not everyone in your house is beyond redemption, and not everyone is a multiple time felon looking to brutally murder your whole family, so treating them as such could be dangerous in court and for your long-term mental wellbeing.
>>
>>32984129
So you now see how easily words can be misinterpreted.
>>
>>32984138
If you point a gun at a stranger unprovoked, the legal punishment should be death.

I guarantee that if this attitude was subscribed in South Africa that you wouldn't be mugged as often.
>>
>>32984244
>so treating them as such could be dangerous in court and for your long-term mental wellbeing.
it wont ever get to court because i broke no laws
>>
>>32984214
The Muslims only cut of your hands.
>>
>>32984270
You don't have to convince me of that, you have to convince the grand jury.
>>
>>32984305
>>32984214
>>32984202

tell me why i would be charged at all
>>
>>32984207
>>living in a one story house
Wew lad, you sure showed me. Guess if I have a kid that has polio or some disorder that prevents him from climbing steps I should just euthanise him so I can move into a two story home and be legally protected in your Utopian society
>placing children or otherwise vulnerable family members far away from you in a bad neighbourhood
Do you seriously think bad neighborhoods are the only targets of home invasions?

Seriously, put yourself in a prospective home invader's shoes. Do you want to rob poor people with next to no valuables in the hood and who are more likely to have gang affiliations and/or guns to defend their home with; or some sheltered suburbanites who have thousands of dollars worth of valuables and likely are too sheltered to see the utility in being armed
>not being able to afford fucking security bars for all of maybe 6-8 windows and a deadbolt on your door
Fire hazard, if there's something that I'm more worried about than a home invasion, it's a fire.
>>
>>32984263
No, South Africa they mug in groups to prevent this, so carrying a CC will just get that taken from you too.

So pointing a gun at an innocent is not punishable by death? God forbid soldiers and cops do that to direct civilians in tense situations.
I'm glad the world is so black and white, I mean fuck if we had to worry about the intent behind actions we would need a really complex legal system.
>>
>>32984308
Because you can't argue worth a shit.
>>
>>32984308
The grand jury is who decides if you are charged or not.
>>
>>32984342
i presented you the written law for my state. thats all i need to argue. its on you to tell me where i am in violation of the law.
>>
>>32984330
>smashing windows and trying to climb children over broken glass in a fire

Just have two doors you nigger. Or have the security bars that open on a hinge.

Also, look at the statistics for income levels and break ins. It is far more likely for break ins to occur in lower income neighbourhoods because the cops are likely further away and there are less security systems.
>living in a one story house
This was just to highlight that you seem to be panicking about collecting up a massive family when they are all on the same floor and you know all exits and have presumably given them a drill for when you make your call.
The only reason everyone would sleep upstairs in a two story is so they are all immidiately aware of the situation, which is a non-issue in a single story as they can hear you much better.
>>
>>32984333
Quit defending people who abuse their right to bear arms by robbing people like a bunch of niggers.

It's absolutely indefensible, if there were ludicrously harsh penalties against it then not even the most desperate of homeless junkies would attempt it.
>>
>>32984383
Exactly, no one would speed if they were put to death afterwards.
I think we can erradicate all crime by just killing everyone who commits a crime, I mean, the vast majority of us have never done something wrong in our lives, right fellow citizen?
>>
>>32984358
Dude, I don't think retards are allowed to own guns in any state. So your argument was invalid before you began.
>>
File: 1455156125479.jpg (32KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
1455156125479.jpg
32KB, 309x309px
>>32984414
pretty sad this is what you resort too when presented with facts.
>>
>>32984382
Why would you limit yourself any exit ways in a fire that could theoretically block both doors?

A home invasion isn't the same as a break in you fucking retard, and most jurisdictions don't define home invasion as a crime in itself. That means there are no reliable statistics that are going to support your claim because it's just filed under trespassing and theft in most jurisdictions.

If my family members are in other rooms then I'd need to get them together in order to establish a defensible position, which entails clearing whatever sections are in between the chosen position and their bedrooms.
>>
>>32984440
Bye South Dakota man!
>>
>>32984407
Ok anon, because pointing a gun at somebody and threatening their life is the same as pressing your foot too hard on the gas pedal, right?

You can't accidentally mug somebody you fucking mong, it's a conscious decision somebody has to make on their own.
>>
>>32984460
i dont live in south dakota
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 239x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 239x300px
>>32984451
>hinged bars
>"hurr durr this phenomina exists, but you obviously can't find statistics for it"
>family members across the house
>hear your call
>lock door and close dead-bolt

There are a million ways to avoid killing someone, if you choose to kill them without taking reasonable steps prior, that's on you. If they force you to, after you have taken reasonable precaution to avoid it, that's on them.

I am over this fucking argument, if you are absolutely convinced that you have the god-given right to kill everyone in your house no questions asked, then go for it friendo. I am just notifying you that the situations you have described are relatively easy to avoid and will raise eyebrows from a jury, potentially enough eyebrows to get you charged.

As normal though, /k/ roleplaying prevails. Time to take another break from this shithole of a board until people grow up.
>>
>>32984466
>pointing a gun at somebody and threatening their life is the same as pressing your foot too hard on the gas pedal, right?
It is if I'm crossing the street and you just ran the red light.
>>
>>32984466
You can't accidentally speed you mong, it's a consious decision to push to hard on the gas pedal.
Hence it should be punishable by death, right?
>>
>>32984525
>reasonable steps prior, that's on you.
kek

> if you are absolutely convinced that you have the god-given right to kill everyone in your house
not god given, law given.
>>
>>32984545
The law of the vast majority of states and countries does not give you that right.
>>
>>32984539
You literally can accidentally speed though, there's no uniform speed limit throughout the country and it's incredibly easy to creep over the speed limit in cars without cruise control.

Please explain to me how somebody can accidentally acquire a firearm, accidentally select a victim, accidentally point a gun at said victim, accidentally take their wallet from them, and then accidentally flee the scene before they have the chance to purposefully give the wallet back.
>>
>>32984572
ive already stated my state law and got nothing in response other than name calling. i guarantee you the majority of states have a similar law.
>>
>>32983623
literally the "he bout to get his life together" argument

also
>implying he won't just go back to tweaking to deal with the shock of jail cause hes a fuckin junkie

if he's weak enough to turn to drugs cause of his parents divorce, there is a chance he'll never learn.

either way, when 3am hits I'm not gonna ask a fucker for his life story before I draw on him.
>>
>>32984525
>hinged bars
I'm a paranoid nutjob, doesn't mean I want to look like one to the entire world
>"hurr durr this phenomina exists, but you obviously can't find statistics for it"
Let's see the statistics then faggot.
>family members across the house
>hear your call
>lock door and close dead-bolt
What the fuck do you even mean by this? That I should install deadbolts on every single theoretical family member's door?
>>
>>32984582
You can accidentally mug though, there are various situations throughout life where accepting money, holding a firearm, and running are acceptable, it's incredibly easy to creep into mugging without the right emotional control.

Please explain to me how someome can accidentally aquire a car, accidentally drive on a road, accidentally put their foot on an accelerator, accidentally push it too hard, and accidentally not turn themselves in immidiately after and never drive again?

I totally agree, all crimes are intentional and should be punishable by death because of that. Kids don't take candy from stores because they don't know better, the do it intentionally to destabalise the economy and should be shot.
>>
>>32983623
How's about instead of being scared of being arrested, he should be rightfully scared of getting his head blown clean the fuck off every time he enters a house unlawfully?

I think that would be at least as effective.
>>
>>32984599
>there is a chance

Yes there is, and I don't want to be the one to remove the positive side of this coin flip.

>>32984614
Break ins are the statistic for it, just your autism is implying that it is in no way related.

>deadbolts
Why not? if you live in a bad neighbourhood and insist on placing family members all around your one story house without security bars, why not?
Seems to me the easiest way to show a jury you are not a man who looks for violence.
>>
>>32984663
>implying someone breaking into your house is YOU looking for violence
you sound like a dumbo who cant into law
>>
>>32984587
The reason that there are judges, jury's and Lawyers is because every law is open to interpretation. Jamal thought he knew the law when he told the Cop to pull him over. Jamal is dead. Jamal knew the law, So did Cop. They had different interpretations.
>>
>>32984663
"break in" still isn't the same as a home invasion or even the same as burglary. That would be trespassing.
>>
>>32984681
did you read the law or are you still mad about getting btfo?
>>
>>32982913
if you're threatened by lethal force it's completely within reason to react with the application of lethal force

unless you live in some completely cucked state that doesnt care about it's people
>>
>>32984663
>I have to treat home invaders like infants and secure my house accordingly
lmao, how can you not see the problem in conforming to the needs and wishes of people who break into fucking homes for a living?
>>
File: 1485011674483m.jpg (71KB, 1024x816px) Image search: [Google]
1485011674483m.jpg
71KB, 1024x816px
>>32984466
>not ND'ing your car on the road into the person infrot of you

tip top pleb
>>
File: 1483993217239.gif (3MB, 447x251px) Image search: [Google]
1483993217239.gif
3MB, 447x251px
>>32984525
they let you have internet in prison mr. pistorius?
>>
>>32984704
Yes. I take it to mean something different than you do. Who will decide who is right?
>>
>>32984773
>I take it to mean something different than you do.
so given that it states that residential burglary is a felony and that homicide is justifiable in the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony (ie res burg) how can one possibly come to a different meaning?
>>
>>32984773
The Court?
>>
File: HEADSHOT WOOO.gif (81KB, 220x124px) Image search: [Google]
HEADSHOT WOOO.gif
81KB, 220x124px
>>32983623
MENTAL GYMNASTICS.

So you just walk your way through life assuming violent felons and home intruders will have the best intentions when they committing burglary?

>Here we see a possibly armed drug addict looking through my window eyeing my TV (definitely not thinking of coming upstairs to search the bedrooms)
> Que shit head breaking into my home while my family is there.
> Fast-forward to me plugging holes faster than a woodpecker on his honeymoon.
>picrelated.gif inspecting body

He made his choice's, I made mine.

That's why he's "choking in a pool of his own blood on anon's floor"
>>
>>32984813
You are correct sir.
>>
>>32984811
This:>>32982913 (OP)#
It's a hypothetical question dependant on hundreds of variables. Basically, the question comes down to this: "Would you prefer death or jail"? If you're answer is jail, then you will defend yourself if YOU feel your life is is in jeopardy.
>>
>>32984891
we haven't been talking about OPs hypothetical for a while.
>>
>>32983811
>>32983766
>>32983714
>>32983623

>and on this edition of anon is fucking retarded .....
>>
>>32983725
>Editing html to win internet argument
Awwbby
>>
File: stare.jpg (30KB, 225x285px) Image search: [Google]
stare.jpg
30KB, 225x285px
>>32984525
That tree is staring at me...
>>
>>32984902
No. You haven't. Now you are interpreting someone else's unstated thought processes. You are trying to prove you are right. I'm trying to show you that Right depends on things beyond your control.
>>
>>32984671
>>32984720
>taking literally no security measures other than buying an AR
>spring to action and headshot dindu in the dark wearing nvgs before the police can arrive

TotallyInnocent.gif
If you want the court to not think you are a fucking maniac just waiting to shoot the first person to walk in, putting decent locks on your doors is a good start.
If someone comes through a deadbolt it is not unreasonable to claim they definitely meant you harm, as not many TVs are worth that.

Personally in South Africa I had an 8 foot concrete wall, with 1 foot of electric fence on top, with glass along the bottom of the electric.
I had one way in and one way out through a high grade pincode security gate, then 6 feet into the compound a solid front door to the house with 2 locks, a deadbolt, and a talking window so I was in cover why telling people to fuck off from the security gate.
All the windows were within the compound and barred, the alternative door had a security screen on it, and there was a security screen to access the upstairs from the downstairs.
All my valuables were put in a walk in safe downstairs whenever I went out or went to sleep.
I had a panic button next to my bed, in the kitchen, in the safe, and on my car keys, which contacted 2 alternate armed security companies with sub-5 minute response times (I tested this twice in the first month of hiring them).
I never even bothered owning a gun, as if someone made it in they were working with 2 security companies and had copies of all my keys and knew my various pincodes, which was next to impossible as I didn't have any maids/on-site security for that reason.

My car I just had the panic button and a gps tracker installed, never had to test it as most niggers there knew the more expensive cars were likely to be tracked.

Kept my real wallet and phone chained to the insides of the pockets on my right leg, and my fakes of both on my leg or in my hand if I was in a bad neighbourhood.
>>
>>32984968
no you're wrong.

see how that works
>>
>>32983321
this is why you're a nogunz faggot and everyone can tell.
>>
>>32985001
Everybody's wrong. See how that works? The only true Truths lie in contradiction.
>>
>>32984995
the law doesnt require me to have certain locks or windows. its not on me to set up my house a certain way, the fault is on the guy who decided to break the law.

>TotallyInnocent.gif
If you want the court to not think you are a fucking maniac just waiting to shoot the first person to walk in,
this literally means nothing. the law is very clear in stating when homicide is justifiable.

>>32985020
i have guns
>>
>>32983522
>This is empty
>Bang
>>
File: mfw.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>32984632
>You can accidentally mug though, there are various situations throughout life where accepting money, holding a firearm, and running are acceptable, it's incredibly easy to creep into mugging without the right emotional control.

Holy shit faggot, how hard is it to understand that I don't want people who lack that emotional control to participate in society? Once it's been established that mugging carries the death penalty, anybody caught doing it deserves everything they get, kind of like murder.

It's not very hard to lose control and murder somebody, everybody here on /k/ is more than capable of shooting up a movie theater like an unhinged autist, but we don't. Either because ideally, we have respect for human life or alternatively, we realize there are dire consequences for anybody who chooses to do so. It doesn't really matter, the end result is the same.
>>
>>32985074

>Here's my money
>Bang
>>
>>32984995
What the fuck? I don't want to spend money on all that bullshit just to spare some drugged out nigger's pathetic life, the people breaking into your home sure as fuck aren't treating you with that level of respect.
>>
>>32985001
If you don't mind going to jail because the court interprets the law differently than you, then you are right simply by the fact that you remain alive. It's your decision, Right or Wrong. Just be happy that decision is yours to make.
>>
>>32985217
>law states something
>wah no u r wrong enjoy jail
top kek
>>
>>32985247
The law states you have freedom of speech. Can you tell the President that you want to kill him and walk away?
>>
>>32985307
>Can you tell the President that you want to kill him
no thats illegal
you clearly dont know much ablout US law
>>
>>32985307
You can say "the world would be a better place if you were dead/never born" or "I hope you get cancer and died a slow and terrible death".
>>
>>32985333
Well then it must be legal because someone interpreted the words written down as non-literal and open to interpretation. Does the law say that you have the right to bear arms?
>>
>>32985391
you are uneducated and when jamal breaks into your house and rapes your family make sure to clean up after him.
>>
>>32985359
So laws are conditional. I agree.
>>
>>32985405
No. I will blow his ass to burger, and I will not mind going to jail because I Know that I did the right thing, regardless of what the law states.
>>
>>32983522

I've had this thought. Fill it with my expired cards and the random business cards I've gotten over the years I'll never use, so at a quick glance it seems legit, handful of ones and maybe a five in it so they just see multiple bills. I mean I doubt they'd actually sit there and go through every item in front of me, but might give it a quick glance and run off satisfied

I don't CC because almost every time I leave the house that isn't for work, I'm going somewhere that serves alcohol, which I will also be consuming, and that could significantly blur the line between "this anon is a fine example of the importance of concealed carrying to defend one's safety and financial security" and "a middle class "alcoholic" white guy shot an innocent young black man because his racism and drunkenness made him see a threat where there wasn't one, etc etc" on the news
>>
>>32985444
>regardless of what the law states.
you wouldnt go to jail tho cause you were within the law
>>
File: 1481157240674.png (49KB, 239x234px) Image search: [Google]
1481157240674.png
49KB, 239x234px
>>32982913
>Wanting to kill someone who only robbed you
>>
>>32985411
What fucking state do you live in? I guarantee that your state is INCREDIBLY biased in favor of the homeowner in nearly all instances illegal entry into your home, even if you live in California.

Most states have sections of the penal code which defend people who defend themselves from being mugged as well.

http://www.shouselaw.com/excusable-justifiable-homicide-california.html#2.2

http://californiagunlaws.net/home-defense/
>>
>>32985470
What if jamal daddy is the first cop on the scene after I waste him?
>>
>>32985491
kys fag
>>
>>32985506
South Dakota
>>
>>32985572
22-16-34. Justifiable homicide--Resisting attempted murder--Resisting felony on person or in dwelling house. Homicide is justifiable if committed by any person while resisting any attempt to murder such person, or to commit any felony upon him or her, or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person is.

You're in the clear if you shoot a mugger or somebody burglarizing your house.
>>
>>32985640
What if the would be burger who I mutilated with my 12 gauge is the son of the only deputy on duty at the time?
>>
>>32985689
What is Yellowstone erupted
>>
>>32985527
Jamal's daddy would mag dump on you.
>>
>>32985491

If someone points a gun at you they deserve to die, regardless of their intentions. Pointing a gun at someone is an intention of bodily harm/death. They're using the threat of bodily harm/death to convince you to give them what they want. Whether or not they intend to or are capable of pulling the trigger is a question you can't possibly know the answer to. There's people who kill just to kill, so it's not unreasonable that a mugger could kill you for your wallet

I don't know what fairy tale neighborhood you grew in up or which college you attend that's draped a warm fuzzy blanket of guilt around your shoulders, but in real life actions have consequences. Don't believe me? Pull out anything black or shiny from your pocket and point it at a cop and see what happens
>>
So does anyone actually have any statistics on how often some dude just walks into someone's house with the pure intent of butchering everyone?

This shit seems like never going outside while it's raining because you're afraid of getting struck by lighting.

No one is ever going to invade your house, and even if they do you'll probably sleep through it and just have a missing TV in the morning.

Fucking pussies.
>>
>>32985775
No. I would kill Jamal's daddy when he drew on me. I would not go to jail because the law says it's self defense. Then SWAT would arrive. I wonder how they will interpret the law?
>>
>>32985822
Actually, It happens less often than people being struck by lightning.
>>
>No one is ever going to invade your house, and even if they do you'll probably sleep through it and just have a missing TV in the morning.

My house is probably never going to burn down either, but I still have 2 fire extinguishers just in case.

Your logic is flawed, nobody can predict what will happen to them, even if statistics support it, but some people choose to have an option just in case

Pretty sure you're just shitposting though
>>
>>32983796
You do realize that almost every state has laws stating that deadly force is lawful if someone breaks into your home, even if they aren't armed or attacking you right? For fuck's sake even New Jersey has castle doctrine.
>>
>>32985827
That's not how the law works you blithering retard. The man who broke into your house BROKE INTO YOUR FUCKING HOUSE. The police are responding to a 911 call and not fucking breaking and entering.
>>
>>32985721
I would use nukes on it because the law states that I have the unifying able right to bear arms. Also, it would be in self defense.
>>
>>32985910
But Jamal's dad was gonna kill me for killing his son. Killing his son was justified. So killing his vengeful dad is also justified. Or at least I'm hoping I can convince the SWAT team of that.
>>
>>32985876
Houses burning down happens orders of fucking magnitude more often than someone butchering a household, and normal people can still barely remember where the fuck they keep their fire extinguishers.

Putting locks on bedroom doors, reinforcing Windows, and hiding with a gun in a defensive position is a better defense against murderers than running through hallways with a gun shooting your kids because you heard something go bump in the night, especially the fucking oversized hard to maneuver shotguns most faggots here would grab to live out their murder fantasies.
>>
>>32985988
When has a situation like this ever happened?
>>
>>32985990
>more often than someone butchering a household
So you admit that there is a possibility
>>
>>32985988
The SWAT will waste you.
>>
>>32986042
For a killing that the law states is justified? If I put my gun down, they would never kill me. The law says so.
>>
>>32986018
Every situation is different. That's why you should always do what you know is Right.
>>
>>32983372
>muh lives are irreplaceable

My tv is probably worth more than any lowlife criminal ever was.
>>
>>32986071
>>32985988
This is the most retarded argument I think I've ever read on /k/.
>>
>>32985990

My mom lives in a quiet neighborhood in a small town. An older couple down the streets had their house broken into by a young man who was fucked up out of his mind, on which drug(s) I can't recall, it happened a few years ago. He was yelling at them and asking for someone else, who obviously didn't live there. They tried to make him understand whoever he was looking for didn't look there, tried to be understanding with him, and asked him repeatedly to leave, but he wouldn't. He was too fucked up and angry at whoever he was looking for. After going back and forth with the guy he attacked them and the old husband had to shoot him.

Drugs are a thing and people do them, then get ideas they wouldn't normally get. Unlikely to happen to you? Yes, absolutely, but that's the whole point of this thread and CC in general, or even owning a gun for defense in general. It's not about how likely anything is to happen, it's about being ready for it in case it does. Statistics and likelihood aside.

I'm pretty positive when I die I'll have never taken anyone's life, and hope that I don't, but that doesn't stop me from sleeping with a handgun between my mattress and box spring just in case.

Also >>32986033

I agree the butcher thing is crazy unlikely, but criminals aren't typically terribly smart, and when I lived in Houston houses getting their doors kicked in by armed robbers was fairly common around dinnertime in the cluster of apartment complexes I lived in/near.
>>
>>32986033
It's a possibility for a solar flare to EMP the entire electrical grid at any time, but almost no one prepares for that, just because something is possible doesn't make it reasonable to sit around being paranoid about it.
>>
>>32986119
Yes. He probably thinks his life is worth less than your TV also. That's why he's risking his life to steal it.
>>
>>32984460
Don't bring SD into this faggot.
>>
>>32986128
Then you learned something.
>>
>>32986186
>>32984460
Nvm didn't read the thread
>>
You or your family are more likely to get killed by your gun.
>>
>>32986186
SD. South Dakota is code for Self Defense, I have learned in this thread.
>>
>>32986257
Statistically correct.
>>
File: 600px-Deathwish_3_2.jpg (74KB, 600x323px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Deathwish_3_2.jpg
74KB, 600x323px
>>32983352
>Unless your life is in danger,
If someone threatens you with deadly force in order to forcibly take items of value from you the your life is in danger whenever they are around you. Plenty of violent criminals take your money, car, or whatever and shoot you just for the fuck of it. You are never safe around a violent criminal. You work for your property then your property gets stolen congrats, you have just been reduced to a slave who gets no compensation for his work. You call that nonviolent?
>Personally I wouldn't sleep well handing out the death sentence to random teenagers
But it's not a random teenager. It's a violent criminal with a deadly weapon that just robbed you. He is a threat to you and everyone in your society, it's the Peter Parker argument. You like your family killed in a carjacking next? As the victim you are 100% sure of this at that moment he is a violent criminal. You have the means, and in a lot of places the legal right to stop him.
You are the only one suggesting the shooting of innocent teenagers at this point. Who is the criminal psychopath again? You are.
>>
>>32986289

[autistic screeching]
>>
>>32986257

I don't get this. I won't argue with it if it's factually correct, and with a family and kids I get it, but I'm 28, live by myself, am not suicidal and practice good gun safety habits.

Is it from NDs when you're pointing at yourself? Suicides? Again the kids getting into guns thing I can see
>your family
But I don't get how an individual is so likely to kill themselves with their own gun without wanting to or being an idiot
>>
>>32986358
It's mostly suicides. Accidents are second.
>>
>>32986155
But I thought no one would ever break into my house
>>
>>32986289
>>32986257
Statistically incorrect. Here's the study you faggots are citing

http://guncite.com/gun-control-kellermann-3times.html
>>
>>32986421
No. That study does not include suicides. Look up the 10 leading causes of non-natural deaths in the US. Suicide fluctuates between #3 and #7. 70% of successful suicides are with a gun.
>>
>>32983144
That was under the Fourth Amendment, dumbass. It doesn't apply to non-officers.
>>
>>32986511
You're being intellectually dishonest if you tell somebody they shouldn't buy a gun because they're more likely to hurt themeselves with it than somebody else.

Most people hear this and assume that they're going to accidentally shoot themselves, not that they're going to buy a gun and suddenly become compelled to shoot themselves.
>>
>>32986533
I would never tell someone not to buy a gun unless I believed they were mentally unstable or inherently reckless. I own over 30 guns.
>>
>>32986511
>70% of successful suicides are with a gun.
77% of auto accidents occur within 15 miles from home, I guess I should park 15 miles away and walk the rest, right?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joP6s4h5vVE

So what was his major mistake?

I would say it was sweeping his gun wildly like a dumb ass. Drawing it and keeping it at his side should have been enough.
>>
>>32986884
No. If you want to play it safe, you really shouldn't drive at all. Driving is the most dangerous thing most of us do everyday. You should handle your car with the same respect and attention that you give your gun.
>>
after reading this thread I'm curious what the point of a gun is, after you use it you might as well turn it on yourself
>>
>>32987090
You'd be breaking the law. Suicide is illegal.
>>
>>32987347
Punishable by death I might add.
>>
>>32983623
I'm not one of these psychos who fantasizes about magdumping on a dindu every night but if "jeff" breaks into my house he gets one warning. If he does anything other than immediatly complying and waiting for the police or getting the fuck out of my house, and takes one step in the wrong direction (my direction) he's getting lit up. Fuck his background and his life, he's in my house and if he poses a threat to me he will be neutralized
>>
>>32984207

I like to keep the baby crib in the living room to use as bait. It helps me determine which type of threat I am dealing with. If the suspect ignores the crib, it's most likely a burglar, I'll grab my pistol if he tries to steal the baby then he's a baby knapper and I'll grab my remington 700 to take him out from afar as he's running away. If he's some kind of sick chimo I'll grab my 870 loaded with incendiary rounds. Molesters need to burn.

These are important sacrifices my family has to make to enrich my own tactics.
>>
>>32986884
That's because 77% of your driving time is within 15 miles of home.
>>
>>32982946
>see thread
>"let me put in my two cents"
>see this post

Good to see there is some accurate information on here from time to time.
>>
>>32987472
That did hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>32983444
Not that guy, but if liberals want no id for voting, then it would be reasonable to say I shouldn't need ID to buy a gun. Both are inalienable rights, no?
>>
>>32987460
Hence why it's a useless statistic. Like the suicide one for firearms. Do you really think suicides would decrease by a substantial amount if guns were to vanish into thin air?
>>
>>32987789
>Do you really think suicides would decrease by a substantial amount if guns were to vanish into thin air?

Honestly, yeah.
Suicide by gun is alluring to the mentally unstable, it's the easiest and quickest method, people who commit suicide are pretty much universally not in a reasonable state of mind and usually deep inside don't actually want to die, hence why people who survive jumping off buildings don't tend to try again and describe immediately regretting it, a person in such an unreasonable state of mind sees suicide as a painless end to their problems, and guns tend to be the most painless method, at least in most peoples minds.

I think if suicidal people didn't have access to guns a lot less of them would go through with it, for fear of a painful death, or regretting it and going to a hospital after poisoning themselves.
>>
File: robbery tables turned.webm (1MB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
robbery tables turned.webm
1MB, 640x430px
It's perfectly fine to shoot someone to protect your property and your items are your property.

No jury would convict this guy.
>>
>>32989225
>hiding behind a bystander woman (!) to draw your gun
He has maybe done the right thing, but he went the absolutely worst possible way about it.
>>
>>32983623
Jeff's a faggot and shouldn't have made the idiotic decision to break into another person's home. Maybe his spirit will be reincarnated into a body that's not fucking stupid next time.

Also shut the fuck up with this dindu story bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck about their home invader.
>>
>>32989260
I sit next to Muslim girls in class in the event of a school shooter they will become my bullet shield.
>>
File: CCW at work.webm (918KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
CCW at work.webm
918KB, 640x360px
>>32989260
He was moving around and behind the criminal. The woman was just in the way, although she did help the robbery victim draw his pistol unnoticed.
>>
>>32987789
Just completed ones. Not attempted ones.
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.