[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: bh_44h000bk_holsters_front.jpg (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bh_44h000bk_holsters_front.jpg
1MB, 2000x2000px
Serpa Holster, is it going to make me shoot myself or is everyone overreacting?

If so what would you recommend?
>>
I've been carrying a Glock with one in the chamber in a Serpa holster almost every day for two years now, still no holes in my leg.
I guess when they first came out the release button was over the trigger guard so under duress (or if you're just dumb/incompetent/not paying attention) you could drop your finger off the button straight onto the trigger. New Serpa holsters have the button higher up so your finger drops harmlessly onto the slide even if you're mashing the shit out of it.
Practice a bunch with your gun empty when you first get it, but in my opinion it's perfectly safe.
>>
>>32981189
>is it going to make me shoot myself or is everyone overreacting?

No, it is not. This is a meme. There were one or two incidents with the early holsters where the release got caught on the trigger but that was a decade ago. There is nothing wrong with Serpa holsters and overall they are one of the best duty holsters on the market. I actually bought my own Serpa in iraq because I was tired of the POS Safariland I was issued getting jammed up with sand and just overall being junk, so take that for what it's worth. I have also used a Serpa on my duty belt (I'm a LEO) for 5+ years with no problems.
INB4 edge lord nogunz with zero experience chime in with how they are garbage.
>>
I personally do not dislike serpa but I dont love it either and prefer thumb release styles instead for retention holsters. I can see the potential for injury in a worst case scenario, but you could just as well shoot yourself while using any holster if you are stressed or not careful. People in defensive situations drop their guns all the time, for instance. Shit can go wrong. I don't see serpa haters bandwagon against, say, aiwb carry, which to me has a lot more butthole pucker factor than a finger release.

I think a lot of the hate comes from a self perpetuating meme echoed from people that never use them or just regurgitate shit on the Internet. Go make a serpa thread on arfcom and you will see exactly what I mean.

That said while I think the fears are overblown, some classes do not allow them, and that is a fact. Personally though a lot of those classes are populated with the exact sort of people that you would stereotype as arfcommers or whatever- the kind of fat, middle aged dudes that open carry a full size gun but have never worked in a job where retention holsters are needed (or where a gun is allowed) and spout memes about holsters while dynamically slicing the pie before they go back to their 9-5 job as an IT nerd or something.

I guess I am a little rough in that assessment but when I started as a LEO I took a few classes just to do it and found that the people taking combat handgun classes were practically larpers, as well as a big gaggle of "those guys", and that I was better served to shoot idpa with friends to improve my personal ability. Sorry for the tangent, but anytime I see something so common as the serpa so widely derided by a bunch of memespouting dick lickers, I would want to verify whether it was shit or not personally. A serpa is cheap, buy one and find out if you like or trust it. If you dont sell it for a small loss and buy what you want.
>>
>>32981189

Great fucking holster. Less than $30 and secure as fuck. You can adjust the tension on the release switch too. I would personally recommend the paddle and not the belt loop though. I do have some issues with mild print but the forward 45 degree cant helps tremendously with that. Great for open carry too. One of my favorite things is that unless someone is familiar with the release switch, they can't just grab your gun. Like other anon said you do HAVE to practice your draw.
>>
>>32981479
>>32981532
>>32982269
>>32982285

Thanks to everyone for your replies, I'll definitely check one out for my CZ 75.
>>
File: 1487019022604685527519.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1487019022604685527519.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
I like my Serpa
Paint is to help me (newguns) remember to check chamber and mag before dryfire practice or removing it from holster. I'd rather look stupid and learn proper safety habits than risk ND.
>>
>>32981189
Chris Cerino - from Top Shot, a cop and firearms instructor is one in a long line of people who have suffered glock leg from a Serpa.

http://chriscerinotraininggroup.com/firearms-instructors-ohio.html

If he can glock leg, anyone can, that holster is clearly a dangerous piece of shit.
>>
>>32982521
> glock with loaded chamber indicator clearly visible
>>
>>32982554

Many would argue that accidents occur to everybody and that increasing your exposure over time make it more likely that eventually you will have an accident.

I know several people who have suffered Glock Kbs, and was on the range with one. It occurred with factory duty ammo, at that. Are glocks inherently unsafe?

What about pocket holsters? Crossdraw holsters? Plenty of holsters require additional manipulation, and the argument against serpa is always that your trigger finger is in a position where it can pull the trigger. Where do you normally keep your finger when drawing?
>>
>>32982589

Not to overly defend the serpa here, mind. I don't really like then that much. But of the people I don't know who have had NDs or ADs, and who aren't drunks or dysfunctional idiots, many are instructors or otherwise well trained gun people, because a combination of overfamiliarization and constantly being in contact with the weapon is more likely to lead to an eventual ND.
>>
>>32982777

> don't know

I mean do know, phoneposting is cancer.
>>
>>32982589
>>32981479
>>32981532
>>32982285
>>32982521

I've wasted so many hours explaining this, so I'll just let a professional do it instead.

Skip to 15:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yaXGLeVuyk
>>
>>32982819

> I don't have any experience so here's a guy whose videos get like 5k views
>>
File: 20170113_170753.jpg (182KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
20170113_170753.jpg
182KB, 1000x1000px
>>32982950
Jesus christ, whatever, stay emotionally invested in your entry tier injection molded garbage you ignorant poofag.
>>
best option for a kydex for a M&P with TLR-1?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.