[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are offset sights/optics a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: meme.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
Are offset sights/optics a meme?
>>
File: 1486176973525.jpg (37KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486176973525.jpg
37KB, 640x450px
>>32979193
Nope, but these digits sure are
>>
>>32979193
yes

>guys i think we are starting to slow down on our sales
>shit what are we going to do
>i know lets offset the sights
>fuckingcash.jpg
>>
>>32979193
Just have the sights on top of the scope
>>
File: 1 IMG_1776.jpg (882KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1 IMG_1776.jpg
882KB, 2048x1536px
>>32979193
Are you into a competition where going from 150 to 15 yards is a thing and want to shave as much time as possible off?
>>
Works well enough for 3gun
>>32979313
So much height over bore that you could aim at the top of the -0 and still get a -1 in the gut at that point.
>>
Depends. I've fired a Barret with a fuckhuge nightforce scope and a trijicon dot (belonging to hallwayguy, lot's of /k/ommandos have shot it), and it was pretty convenient to help get on target before looking through the main scope. Would it be useful paired with a cheap bushnell 3x9 on your AR? Probably not.
>>
Nah man, only way to be able to scope up your rifle and still use stripper clips, unless you rotate the whole action like the swiss. But i think theyre the only ones who tried that
>>
>>32979320
I am not that, but I am cross eye dominant and this looks good for me.
>>
>>32979660
Had a spotter Lee-enfield with an offset mount growing up, shit was cash. Dad also had a sporter Mauser of some type in 8mm, a tokarev, pretty nice sks and a maadi. Now we have fuck all and zero milsurp.
>>
File: offsets.jpg (54KB, 486x800px) Image search: [Google]
offsets.jpg
54KB, 486x800px
actually they're really nice. allows you to go from mid or long range to short with just a quick motion.

also, never understood why having two optics is a thing. every weapon needs a set of irons IMO
>>
>>32979193
No. They work, but you'll have to hold off for windage when there is no wind when aiming at targets closer or farther than your zero.
>>
I liked Leupold's idea. The D-EVO with the red dot so you can have a quick switch from magnification to red dot, and then irons if need be.
>>
Aw sweet, the mallninja. thread.
>>
File: M1D.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
M1D.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
I always thought this was offset and this
>>32979193
>>32979320
>>32982071
was canted
>>
>>32983704
I like you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.