[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the existence of a *secret* special forces group ever been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 7647642762486286.jpg (110KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
7647642762486286.jpg
110KB, 1024x682px
Has the existence of a *secret* special forces group ever been discovered?

There's black projects for things like stealth airplanes, has there ever been undisclosed SpecOps groups revealed through leaks?

I'm thinking of a group who can pull off stuff that's way too sensitive even for the SAS. Stuff like raiding nuclear silos and subs, false flag attacks, political assassinations etc
>>
>>32978167
/x/ is that way --->
>>
>>32978191
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

So this is /x/ then?
>>
>>32978214
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Six

Yes.
>>
>>32978167
If you're looking for a name it would be some subset of CIA SAD. You can read about Operation Phoenix if you want declassified stuff.
>>
>>32978167
> what is GLADIOS

Its like you didnt even try, my dude. During the cold war, the US and other NATO powers secretly set up stay behind paramilitary forces in Europe, recruiting right wing young men, usually at shooting ranges, parachute courses, survivalist types etc. They trained them in guerilla warfare, especially area denial and disruption of logistics/hit & run tactics, and gave them massive stockpiles of weapons, ammunition and explosives, which by some accounts are still all over Europe today. GLADIO was just the Italian cell, there were dozens though.
>>
>>32978640
does this count?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/209th_Detachment,_2325th_Group
>>
Unit 731, etc
>>
>>32978640
They worked with the Vatican and mafia
>>
>>32978677
Sure. You know theyve set up a new one right? Joint task force of US SOF/SAD and ROK SF
>>
>>32978191
I love the wannabe mods on /k/
Just Reddit enough to shit up a thread before it starts
>>
>>32978640
I have a sincere boner for stay-behind stuff like this, the nazi's Werwolf program, australian RFSUs, etc.
>>
>>32978926
>In the event of a small or large scale insurgency in the north, the RFSUs role would be to detect enemy landings, especially near the important economic and defence infrastructure in their areas of operation.
>In the extremely unlikely event of an invasion of northern Australia the RFSUs would operate in a 'stay-behind' capacity.
>Patrols remaining in the field deep behind enemy lines would inevitably end up supplementing their diets from the land in order to survive and complete their mission as the first line of defence for continental Australia.

i'm an aussie and this gives me chills

is there a word for this feeling? i get it when i watch videos of nukes, read stuff like emergency drills and so on
>>
>>32978926
The British Auxillary Corps during WW2 is hilariously macabre; they were to destroy bridges, lines of communication and general infrastructure should the UK be invaded by an overwhelming Nazi force, as well as take out senior British politicians and chiefs of staff who may have information that could cripple any resistance effort. Theres a picture of one of the squadrons, of about 30 blokes all smiling, unbenownst to most was that each had orders to kill one of the others who had potentially damaging information. So you would secretly have orders to kill the squadron leader, and the squadron leader might have orders to kill you or your mate.
>>
>>32978939
The crushing possibility/inevitability of utter devastation
>>
>>32978958
>germany invades
>everyone kills everyone
>nobody left alive to resist
smart.
>>
>>32978167
Why would you raid a sub? What is this Medal of Honor Front Lines. Please die.
>>
>>32978982
More like:
> germany invades
> main british forces are defeated around London
> remenants flee to the hills with large amounts of supplies and weapons
> effective resistance movement ensues, hindering any meaningful progress up the British Isles
> bridges blown, telecoms lines cut, factories destroyed, signposts diverted
> anyone who could potentially rat out the resistances major bases of operation or supply are taken out
> resistance goes on for a long time, effectively drawing a much larger than proportional amount of German supplies and manpower to effect the occupation
> meanwhile, hopefully the US or Russia does something

I think that was more or less the plan. In the Surrey hills you can walk around and theres still an entire network of bunkers and emplacements, pretty cool but grim at the same time, knowing what could have happened if Barbarossa had been Sealion instead. Thank god for the RAF.
>>
>>32978724
it's the estrogen
>>
>>32978939
>is there a word for this feeling?

techno-woodlorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jTg-q6Drt0
>>
SMELL MY ASSHOLE
>>
>>32979148

No, you.
>>
>Has the existence of a *secret* special forces group ever been discovered?
Plenty of special forces were started in secret, so yeah...

But the problem with special forces is, the members already have distinguished careers, so appearing together in a group is a little conspicuous.

Most of the really secretive groups are just arsehole street thugs that are given guns and a list of names, because they can be paid off or killed afterwards.
>>
>>32978167
>I'm thinking of a group who can pull off stuff that's way too sensitive even for the SAS. Stuff like raiding nuclear silos and subs, false flag attacks, political assassinations etc

Special reconnaissance regiment.

So secret that the british government has never fully acknowledged their existence.

https://www.rt.com/uk/338805-special-forces-yemen-war/

Apparently they leech off SAS & SBS would be from ISRB (intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance brigade) and a number of other MI staff.

We've all seen "them" walk around british camps and bases in russian gear with russian weapons for "familiarity training". but strangely none of us have actually received any such training.

There is an anon on here that i do believe served in or with this particular unit.
>>
>>32979202
that's an open secret though anon, not a "if you get caught googling anything about it you get killed" secret
>>
>>32979202
> never acknowledged their existence
Dude, if you search up UKSF the SRR is there. And the British government doesnt disclose anything about any actions of any UKSF unit as standard procedure.
What is more likely is things like TF40, a mix of SAS and MI guys doing covert action in N.Ireland under cover as civvies.
>>
>>32978939

you're getting chills from reading about some dudes whose job it was to spy on the enemy? and not even in a cool way?
>>
>>32979219
>>32979220
>I'm thinking of a group who can pull off stuff that's way too sensitive even for the SAS. Stuff like raiding nuclear silos and subs, false flag attacks, political assassinations etc
It was in regard to the above, there are plenty of sources alleging they exist, but the british govornment has never acknowledged its existence.

Gen is the SRR is so small they hire former Squaddies as PMCs to bulk their numbers for support ect.
>>
>>32979021
and hitler being a fucking retard in war and ignoring all his generals
>muh dresden
>muh civ centers
>>
>>32979172
or sheepdipped
>>
>>32979277
They have acknowledged SRRs existence as much as as any other contingent of UKSF. Its much more likely that MI6 has its own version of SAD, seeing as MI5 is domestic intelligence, and MI6 is foreign intelligence.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-13-15-16-22.png (252KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-13-15-16-22.png
252KB, 720x1280px
>>32979277
Pic related
>>
>>32978439
This. Our spooky guys are just ex SF dudes working for the CIA or for a company working with them.

Most of the time they do shit like targeted assassinations, intel collection and bombings though.

I knew a guy who spent some time in Panama to eliminate certain members of Noriega's secret police and discovered their contingency plans before we went in. Amazing story we will probably never hear about.
>>
File: 1482746401941.jpg (719KB, 3300x1619px) Image search: [Google]
1482746401941.jpg
719KB, 3300x1619px
>>32979920
Look up the School of the Americas, pic very much related
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.