[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 52

File: 91409-004-267E4E86.jpg (22KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
91409-004-267E4E86.jpg
22KB, 352x450px
/meg/ Military Enlistment General

Mi General Edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
National Guard bros WW@?
>>
File: msrt-uscg-hr.jpg (933KB, 3649x2428px) Image search: [Google]
msrt-uscg-hr.jpg
933KB, 3649x2428px
>>32971024

How does a Coat Guard Officer go about joining a DSF (MSRT, MSST, TACLET) team?
>>
File: group of fat women.jpg (146KB, 1476x984px) Image search: [Google]
group of fat women.jpg
146KB, 1476x984px
I have a picture of a bunch of sassy overweight women.

Which branch would these sassy overweight women most accurately represent?
>>
>>32971082
Air Force and to a lesser extent Navy
>>
Navy SARC or Air Force SARC

Which is best?
>>
File: artillery.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
artillery.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
>>32971024
What is the life and career of a low level (2nd Lt to Cpt) of an Army Field Artillery Officer like?

Do they have the chance/opportunity to go to Ranger School or go to any SOF selection programs (SF, Civ Affairs, PSYOPS)?
>>
Do you get graded on questions you don't answer on the AFOQT? How exactly is the AFOQT graded?

I don't have to take it for another year, but I've started studying using the peterson's practice test website.
>>
File: 1249991.jpg (68KB, 520x320px) Image search: [Google]
1249991.jpg
68KB, 520x320px
Muhreens infantry or Army Combat Engineer, Intelligence, or Infantry?

Also should i lie about weed to recruiter?
>>
>>32972090
>Also should i lie about weed to recruiter?

You never smoke weed because booze should be enough for anyone and stoners are all liberals.
Memorize that, internalize that, be chill and brief if asked.
>>
>>32971082
enlisted wives
>>
>>32972090
Your recruiter will tell you to lie about it.
>>
>>32972090
if it's not on your record, it never happened.
>>
>>32972090
>Also should i lie about weed to recruiter?
yes, everyone does. unless you have been dealing, you are pretty safe and can just claim "experimentation"
>>
File: ._..png (231KB, 291x345px) Image search: [Google]
._..png
231KB, 291x345px
I'm facing a dilemma right now.

I fell in love with an old CAR-15 I shot on a shooting range in the Philippines but being a civvy here in Australia means I've only really been limited to shooting bolt guns at my uncle's farm and I really want to get my hands on semi and fully autos.

I've been thinking of joining the ADF for a long while, but all of my ARMY friends it's not worth it since they treat you like slaves and pieces of meat. They say that I'll be sacrificing my fairly comfortable and easy lifestyle (nightclub and events photographer, lots of partying and easy women and easy money) for one of pure hell, just to be able to shoot funz gunz.

So, is it really worth it to join the ADF just to shoot semi and fully autos, or should I stick to living the degenerate lifestyle and be only limited to bolt-actions.
>>
>>32972250
are you retarded? If you just want to join for guns, you are kinda wasting your time. Just buy those funs illegally and have a "boating accident" or build a storage box. Then go innaOutback to pew pew
>>
>>32972371
I wouldn't mind helping to keep the haji population controlled too, but yeah, mostly to shoot some of the more fun gunz and military equipment.

They say, if I had to join the ADF, I'd be more suited to the RAAF.
>>
>>32972483
Honestly I'm sot in Straya, but if there is something like a heavy weapons MOS, take it. Shoot bigass machine guns and boom boom throwers
>>
>>32971658
pls respond
>>
Has anyone here gone to Merchant Marine School? Thinking about it and wanted to know how the selection process was.
>>
I talked to a recruiter recently. Checking up on my application and shit that I started months ago.
I applied under Intelligence Officer.
He said "Oh, so you're one of those"
What did he mean?
>>
File: j.jpg (193KB, 1915x1033px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
193KB, 1915x1033px
>/meg/ interested in doing spooky shit
>the spookies intel/counter-intel/sof stuff is buried under mundane sounding shit
>most every book by former spies and sof confirm this, the more deliberately boring shit it's buried under the spookier it actually is
>/meg/ never shuts the fuck up about option 40, SEALS, or trying to use 18x as a stepping stone to get into Delta Force
>This process is basically designed to wash civilians out into airborne infantry

Sometimes I wonder if being smart enough to figure out where to apply is basically step one of the qualification process to get hired into any of the spookiest shit. Pic semi related.
>>
>join usaf
>sf
>nuke base
>literally stuck here with no hope of leaving
>tons of bs, can't even have a pet because of my work schedule
>all alone
>consider suicide every day
>if I tell mental health how I feel it will ruin my career
>don't worry if you're depressed, you can tell us!
>laughingjews.jpg

don't join the military you fucking idiots, keep your freedom, keep your sanity.
>>
>>32974006
I'm a robot who likes monotonous repetition though
>>
So, /k/

>Be me 18
>Want to join army
>90 ASVAB
>Pass MEPS
>get 11X-ray Option 4 contract

Did I get fucked by the army /k/?
>>
Fuck, dudes. Why are pushups so hard? I have trash upper body endurance. I can basically make 20 perfect pushups for three sets and then my arms give out. How can I keep going further?
>>
>>32974164
Bench at the gym
>>
>>32974164
honestly wouldn't worry too much about doing the 'perfect' pushup, just make sure it's a decent form

my last PT test I banged out 62 acceptable pushups and I'm a skinny motherfucker.
>>
>>32971113
Sexual Assault Response Coordinator?
>>
>>32973757
you're an autism, anon
>>
>>32974059
if you got fucked you only have yourself to blame, no one forced you to sign your contract
>>
>>32974164
find a good breathing technique make sure keep proper form, everything after that should be just repition
>>
>>32974180
I used to, my bench was never very good though. 1.5pl8. I've got long arms.

>>32974247
Gotcha. Nobody is going to measure a 90degree bend in my elbow then?

>>32974319
Thanks. I've been working on situps too, I can do 25 slow full body situps or 30 faster crunches before my abs stop working.
>>
>>32974059
>90 asvab
>Goes 11X
But why?
I'm a 15E who will easily make six figures as a contractor once I'm out. Good luck being an 11 Bang Bang. In my honest opinion you fucked yourself by choosing a bottem barrel job when you've got huge opportunity with a 90. I got an 85.
>>
>>32974034
Yeah me too
>>
>>32973731
There are a few academies. King's Point, six state academies, and I think Seattle has a one year program. What/where exactly are you after?
>>
Graduating college with a computer science degree, what would be the best officer job for a lowly computer geek in the AF?
>>
>>32971024
Currently in college, not ROTC, but majoring in Peace, War, and Defense with a concentration on national and international security. I eventually want a career in intelligence so after I graduate I', going to join the military but I don't know what branch to join. I'm conflicted, on one hand I want to go into intelligence, especially HUMINT but on the other if a war breaks out I want to fight, not sit behind a desk reading intel.
>>
>>32973972

It's way easier to distinguish yourself via technical competence than it is via being good at combat arms shit. If you can walk a hundred miles with a hundred pounds but can't brain good, nobody is going to want you. If you're world-class at some kind of STEM skill, they can teach you how to run and shoot.

It's retarded how many "special opportunity" recruiting emails you get if you're good at nerd jobs. Most people in nerd jobs don't want that kind of life so competition is low too.
>>
Are you issued running shoes at boot camp or do you bring your own?
>>
>>32976195
To rephrase my question, what branch has the best opportunities for a career in intelligence OR is the best for HUMINT. Also will enlisting with a college degree affect my rank when I go into the military
>>
>>32976323
Army is probably the best route for guaranteeing you'll be in intelligence

You'd start as an E-4 if you have a degree
>>
>>32976434
Thanks, also I have ADHD and depression, I'm medicated for both but outside of schoolwork ADHD isn't an issue and I can go off my meds with ease. Depression is a bit trickier, should I just lie and pretend I don't have it during recruitment and go without meds until after basic?
>>
>>32976470

Sounds like you're disqualified from the military, anon. Apply to the CIA.
>>
>>32976470
Lol

Good luck getting your security clearance
>>
>>32976195

Do not do >>32976434 this stupid fucking shit.

Officers do HUMINT. Civilians do HUMINT. Senior NCOs almost a decade into their careers do HUMINT. Warrant Officers do HUMINT after a decade or so as enlisted. Junior enlisted and junior NCOs do not do HUMINT in any capacity that you would find remotely interesting for the most part.

35M is a trap option where you serve as an interrogator and a shitty linguist and I feel little but disgust when I see it shilled so hard here.

You have a goddamned degree, you don't have to bite into the whole "I'm 18, just graduated high school, and want to be Jason Bourne" bait. You can actually apply to the CIA or join as an intelligence officer, you can skip the decade or so of bullshit that enlisted have to do to actually do HUMINT.
>>
>>32976505
Fuck off mate, he specifically said enlisted so I gave him info on enlisting. Figured he had made his mind up
>>
I was diagnosed with chronic depression in senior year of highschool, and ended up taking meds for about a year or so. Is this going to disqualify me from combat roles in the military? It's been a few years since that ordeal, are they not even going to be able to find out? I've pretty much wanted to do an OCS contract out of college since I was 14, and I honestly don't know how I'm going to deal if that's not possible anymore.
>>
>>32976505
See I've talked to former CIA agents, and talked to professors who've worked in military intelligence for other intelligence agencies and they said that going the conventional route to the CIA usually required some military experience, I'd prefer to be in the clandestine services, not an analyst behind a desk. Not like Operator tier SoG but more handler working in an embassy managing assets

>>32976519
Oh is there a difference between enlisting and going in as an officer?
>>
>>32976519

>he specifically said enlisted

He never said the word enlisted or even enlist. He literally said

>so after I graduate I', going to join the military but I don't know what branch to join

He didn't say shit about enlisting. Stop pushing goddamned 35M.
>>
>>32976505

>Officers do HUMINT. Civilians do HUMINT. Senior NCOs almost a decade into their careers do HUMINT. Warrant Officers do HUMINT after a decade or so as enlisted.

Nope, none of those people do HUMINT because I am also going to arbitrarily redefine HUMINT to an even higher level of "only cool stuff from action movies".

Fuck off with this. The shitty interrogation/reporting work that PFC Joebob 35M does *is* HUMINT by every doctrinal definition. Just because you feel like HUMINT should be cooler than it really is doesn't make it so. HUMINT is 90 % boring low-level stuff...you know, like every single field in the military is 90 % boring low-level stuff.
>>
>>32976555

>CIA usually required some military experience

The CIA has a cutoff age of 25 for "Core Collectors". For Paramilitary they're looking for someone under 35 who is former military.

>not an analyst behind a desk

Junior CIA officers aren't already known to be spies by every intelligence agency on the planet so they do a lot of casework.

>but more handler working in an embassy managing assets

Go apply through the damned website instead of asking here where you're going to get 10 answers from people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about, 5 answers from people shilling their branch or mos, and few answers from anyone giving you good advice.
>>
>>32976629
I mean I'm more here procrastinating writing a paper than anything else and figure I'd at least ask
>>
>>32976583

When people think of HUMINT they think of running source operations. As in recruiting and handling agents, practicing tradecraft etc etc.

Yeah, most of the above is pretty fucking boring. Your paperwork is going to suck up more time than the paperwork on the agent you recruited. Your tradecraft is going to be elaborately planned and boring if executed correctly, and you're not going to be doing James Bond super spy stuff.

The distinction is this: normal HUMINT boring is the hours of paperwork and fading of clandestine thrill into routine over time, while the "HUMINT" boring of 35M etc is interrogation bitchwork that is tasked to junior enlisted because you can't have a bunch of 18 year olds running around in a war zone playing spy games and getting in the way of the professionals.

>The shitty interrogation/reporting work that PFC Joebob 35M does *is* HUMINT by every doctrinal definition

"By every doctrinal definition" are weasel words. No other branch but the fucking Army even bothers to try and sell low level interrogations as HUMINT because they don't need the deception to meet their recruiting quotas.

Sorry you fell for the recruiter's 35M sales pitch back in the day famalam, but you don't need to pay that shit forward because you have sour grapes.
>>
File: viper5.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
viper5.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
>>32976570
Let's read his fucking post (>>32976323) then retard:
>Also will enlisting with a college degree affect my rank when I go into the military
>>
>>32976208
So if I get a degree in EE and want to do spooky shit, how would I go about that?
>>
What does a Secret clearance entail?
>>
>>32976930
Depends, for sf or something else?
>>
>>32975590
anyone?
>>
File: Basic.png (1MB, 1315x693px) Image search: [Google]
Basic.png
1MB, 1315x693px
Can I still volunteer/attend Recon Indoc while attending SOI without the UZ contract? I've heard that the attrition rates in Recon are extremely high, but I'd like to give it a shot.
>>
>>32976629
>The CIA has a cutoff age of 25 for "Core Collectors".

>Junior CIA officers aren't already known to be spies by every intelligence agency on the planet so they do a lot of casework.

Operations and Analysis are two different jobs, in two different directorates. Conveniently they are called the Directorate of Operations and the Directorate of Intelligence.

>>32976555
>See I've talked to former CIA agents, and talked to professors who've worked in military intelligence for other intelligence agencies and they said that going the conventional route to the CIA usually required some military experience,

You're lying or they were lying. CIA does not give Veterans Preference for hiring points. You apply through CIA.gov and you get into the hiring process or you don't.
>>
File: 1484161649627.jpg (489KB, 494x641px) Image search: [Google]
1484161649627.jpg
489KB, 494x641px
How do I into CIA SAD/SOG?

>Special Operations Group (SOG) is the department within SAD responsible for operations that include high threat military or covert operations with which the U.S. government does not wish to be overtly associated.[2] As such, members of the unit (called Paramilitary Operations Officers and Specialized Skills Officers) normally do not carry any objects or clothing (e.g., military uniforms) that would associate them with the United States government.[3] If they are compromised during a mission, the United States government may deny all knowledge.[4]
>>
Uni, or Army?

I would be getting an Opt 40, if that makes a difference
>>
File: belt fed hk.jpg (65KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
belt fed hk.jpg
65KB, 736x490px
>Be 18 turning 19 in a week
>in freshman year of college studying to get a bachelors in computer science
>additionally want to join the military, but still clueless on what I want to do
>always wanted to fly
>was thinking about joining the air force to become a pilot, but that won't happen
>paramilitary stuff looks interesting
>air liason officer maybe
If I went air force I could attend AFROTC classes at a nearby university as soon as my sophomore year of college.

On a side note my main concern about joining the military is my physique.
>5'6
>110 pounds
>skinny
>>
Anyone here contracted as any special operations job?

What were your PT stats?
>>
>>32978087
am also 5'6'. want to know how midgets do in the military
>>
>>32978087
you're an idiot. if you had joined the guard or some shit before you went to college, they would have paid for a chunk of it and in some states, nearly all of it.
>>
File: 1422417017669.png (467KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1422417017669.png
467KB, 500x563px
How long would it take someone who never works out to get fit enough for bootcamp assuming they start eating right/working out regularly/exc.
>>
>>32974289
Is this accurate though?
Are intel officers actually all autistic?
>>
>>32971024
Any chance of getting a waiver for a VP shunt? Had it removed over a year ago
>t. /fit/izen that doesn't skimp on cardio
>>
Only a retarded af good goyim would actually enlist in any military post-1900.
>>
>>32976714

35M is bottom tier as far as 35-series go, and I wouldn't recommend it.

That's because HUMINT on the whole is shit though. Mikes are very much HUMINT.
>>
File: 2016.jpg (130KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
130KB, 800x600px
>>32978685
Some people want the free school.
Some people want to legally kill people.
Some people just want the honor / respect that comes with being in the military.
Some people are patriots.
None of these people are bad people.

Don't be such a hater senpai.
>>
>>32974263
LOL, is that a thing? Which branch is this?
>>
>>32977975
Get a start in Delta or something.
Probably not worth, you'll physically ruin your body young and perform very morally questionable acts to advance dubious goals
>>
>>32977975
Also, be really really smart and goof at things.
Know multiple languages, particularly middle eastern languages, have god tier math skills, be an athlete, be the best shot, get a job in intelligence, and MOST importantly, make connections with people that work in the CIA.
>>
If I joined Navy or AF, do enlists get to go to A school and learn credit towards their aas and field or is that only if you sign up at the academy of either and become an officer?
>>
>>32977081
Rangers
>>
Is Navy CTR a good job for a good civilian career? Also does anyone know how often people get denied a TS clearance? What happens to those people?
>>
Can you cross train in the Air Force without officially changing jobs?
>>
>>32980350

The Air Force is picky about that, and the answer to whether you can even crosstrain very much depends on if you are enlisted or an officer and what fields you are coming in and out of.
>>
>>32978699

HUMINT has its moments. SIGINT or MASINT on an average day is probably more interesting, but on special days HUMINT's peak is probably much higher.

>>32977857

>35

Damn, it's fucking changed. When I was looking at applying out of college they wanted 25 or under for core collector and 35 or under for paramilitary.
>>
I just got a call from the boss of my recruiter and he told me he wants me to come in and write a statement so he can schedule me for MEPS while we are waiting for my medical file for a waiver. Is this normal? They could wait a couple more days to get the documents but they really are pushing for me to get to meps. The boss literally told me that this is not something they've done in a long time but they want to do it now.

Wtf is going on?
>>
>>32971024
Any divers/ex-divers here? Britfag wants to know if the skills are worthwhile post-service. Particularly interested in clearance diving.
>>
>>32981609

I'm interested in the uscg diving program actually, but idk how the British stuff is different.

What I DO know is that you'd get really familiar with laws of maritime salvage and get the certs to do it private sector.
>>
>>32981609
They are.

Hardest course in the RN, apparently.
>>
>>32981403
>Wtf is going on?
Not sure. You may find an answer here:
armypubs.us.army(dot)mil/epubs/DR_pubs/DR_a/pdf/web/r601-210_Web_FINAL.pdf
>>
What MOS would let me work with DARPA?
>>
>>32981920

It's designated as 777PHD.
>>
File: Bill_Persons_Navy.jpg (177KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Persons_Navy.jpg
177KB, 900x1300px
>>32979322
Enlisted get credits for rtc and most A and C schools, whether the college you want will accept them or not is another question.
>>
File: 1480234219057.jpg (959KB, 2419x3226px) Image search: [Google]
1480234219057.jpg
959KB, 2419x3226px
>>32978321
bump
>>
>>32981995
Yup, you going to need some research experience to score a DARPA gig.

PHD minimum
>>
>>32982440
>>32978321
Well, I went into Basic as a fat body and came out a stud. So... 10 weeks?
>>
File: liquid metal man.gif (944KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
liquid metal man.gif
944KB, 500x500px
I'd take it there aren't too many Brits on this board, it being a funs board, and us not having too many of them, but I was wondering about some advice I could get. Basically i've got no clue what I want to do in the future, and I personally hold with "If you aren't willing to defend your country, you shouldn't be aable to live in it" so I wanted to sign up. My grandad was in the army, my dad was in the navy, I was considering the air force, but i'm unsure. My basic point is, how do I decide? I've got a few months before I need to make a choice regarding this, so are there any factors that play into which I should go for beyond difficulty?
>>
>>32982787
>If you aren't willing to defend your country, you shouldn't be able to live in it
>>>/pol/
>>
>>32983188
it's just an opinion, it's not even my question.
>>
What are Navy trade rates like, compared to a 60 hour civilian work week. Also any rates with bullshit names that suck i should be aware of?
>>
Can you gain muscle in Navy boot camp? 5'11 136 here
>>
>>32983275
AM AB EN and EM rates
>>
File: 1458610420275.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1458610420275.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
I'm almost ready to walk into my local Navy recruiter and officially sign my life away.

Before I go in though, I wanted to know if you guys know how switching jobs in the Navy works. I'm probably going in as a corpsman because I already have an EMT-B certification, but it's definitely not something I wan't to do forever. If I decide that for some masochistic reason I like the Navy and plan on doing my full 20, do you guys know if and how I could switch into one of the Special Warfare jobs?
>>
File: fuck.jpg (61KB, 776x402px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
61KB, 776x402px
I'm unemployed and 20, I've been thinking of enlisting, I don't know what exactly I would do but /k/ related stuff has always interested me. So I thought with nowhere to go the military is always looking to hire. Getting into shape will be hard but I can do that, What I don't know is if they can even accept me because of pic. I was in a partial hospitalization program for self harm when I was 17. It was just a think I went to everyday instead of high school but I think it may disqualify me. My old sh scars have mostly faded and my friend who joined the marines says a mix of saying the right thing and them looking the other way can make that not a problem. But I also see a therapist, about once every other week.

Just say bluntly if I'm fucked or not, if I am I'll just have to think of a more realistic career path.
>>
>>32983775
Depends on the self harm. Do you have any scars from it? If you go for a job that doesn't do a background check you could lie about it and hope they won't find out but not if you have scars that you can't explain.
>>
>>32983904
I used to cut, the minor scars have faded, I'd say if you looked me over you could see two on my forearm and one on my thigh. Like I said, a friend got past that by claiming his scars were the results of accidents
>>
File: 1437872397438.png (201KB, 1157x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1437872397438.png
201KB, 1157x1015px
Is bootcamp non-stop working out like it's depicted?
How common are injuries in army bootcamp?
I tried a bootcamp ready workout and ended up pulling a muscle in my right arm on day 3. I'm not even fat or out of shape.

Is there some trick the army knows to working out 12 hours a day without getting overuse injury?
>>
>Enlisted in Navy in August
>Uncharacteristic Discharge for depression
>work as a janitor for a fucking truck stop in hometown
>IHaveMadeAHugeMistake.webm
>want to reenlist

So what are my options? Reserves or National Guard or do I just move on and die?
>>
>>32976223
Issued your own shitty running shoes that are supposed to be "customized" for you.
>>
Is AF boot camp difficult at all? I'm considering enlisting but I'm also a massive pussy.
>>
Describe navy deployment
>>
Dear /k/
I'm planning on going into the U.S. Army. How does one prepare to go into basic training?
P.S. I'm a noodled arm nerd at this moment. Have about a year to prepare.
>>
>>32984411
Every boot camp will suck ass, just do what you're told, don't overthink shit and do the excercises and deal with the hell and you're golden
>>
>>32984476
Alright, guess I gotta get fit. Will do.

Oh, is the practice ASVAB at all indicative of the real deal? I got a 93 on the thing, so I qualify for damn near everything if that carries over to the actual test.
>>
>>32983977
>Is bootcamp non-stop working out like it's depicted?

Not really, unless you choose a special forces job or some shit. It's more like a mix or excercise, learning the basic shit amd learning the scholarly stuff.
> How common are injuries
Not incredibly common, but it's not a issue you can just shrug off. Do your excercises properly and learn the difference between pain from fatigue and injury
>>
>>32984499
I'd say that if you got a 93 on the practice, you'd get at least a 90 on the real one, they're pretty similar
>>
>>32983459
As long as you eat right, you'll most likely gain some weight
>>
As an AROTC student, when is it preferential to leave your military career? I'm deciding whether or not I would like to stop at Captain, Major, or Lieutenant Colonel. Also, would any former ROTC officers or knowledgeable soldiers in general be able to tell me where exactly I could be commissioned coming out of the military? I know it is not up to choice, but what bases are most common? Would me being able to speak German play into that decision?
>>
>>32985498

>when is it preferential to leave your military career

That depends on you. Some people prefer to stay for 20, some do a stint in the military then go private or civilian federal, some people stay in somewhere in between that time.

>Where I could be commissioned

Anywhere. In fact putting bases in multiple commands on your dream sheet counts as volunteering for global assignment.

>Would me being able to speak German play into that decision?

You're precious.
>>
File: 1410660888827.jpg (67KB, 579x960px) Image search: [Google]
1410660888827.jpg
67KB, 579x960px
I thing I miss most about the military is how fucking quickly people got shit done.

Out in the civilian world everyone is so. Fucking. Slow. No wonder our TIs were fucking pissed 24/7, we probably drove them nuts.
>>
So I've decided to switch branches because my recruiter is shit and seems like he doesn't want me to make it.

Do I just go to a different Branch's office, or do I need to tell my current recruiter I am leaving?

People in real life have told me to try to take it up to someone above him, but I would think that could hurt me more than help me?

Any advice would help.
>>
>>32986371
I think you can get locked out for a few months if you're already in the DEP. Are you really gonna switch branches because of you're recruiter though? You have to spend the next 4 years in your branch but you'll never see the recruiter again
>>
>>32984411
From what my buddies have told me (all branches but Coast Guard) USAF is the easiest. Doesn't mean it's not gonna suck ass, cause it does, but it's only like 8.5 weeks before you're done.
>>
>>32986403
Am I in the AF if all I've done is sent medical records in?

My recruiter is that bad. I would love to do the AF, but I think he wants to DQ me.
>>
So if I have enlisted as an 11b in the MA 182nd, what are my chances of actually getting a legit deployment?

My recruiter said they were slated for a deployment next year, and I would definitely be on it, but it hasn't been determined exactly *where* we'd be going yet.

Pic related.
>>
>>32986403
>>32986469
Also I have NOT done MEPS.
It has been 6 months btw.
>>
>>32986469
If you haven't gone to MEPS and sworn in then you can still change branches. What have you done to piss him off?
>>
>>32986469
USAF's p comf; I love it. I wouldn't think your recruiter wants to DQ you though, usually that's MEPS's job, a lot of recruiters are just shitty; I had to get mine's supervisor's number when I was fixing to ship out because the guy couldn't answer my questions.
>>
>>32986491
>If you haven't gone to MEPS and sworn in then you can still change branches.
I haven't done MEPS.
So what do I do? How long would it take to switch?
>What have you done to piss him off?
I don't know. I've bent over backwards trying to do what he wanted. getting all the papers he asked for.
Yet he almost never calls me back when my shit gets kicked back, and is just a plain dick to me.

>>32986530
>USAF's p comf; I love it. I wouldn't think your recruiter wants to DQ you though,
When he asked me to sign shit that isn't true, it seems like he wants to DQ me just to get rid of me.
>>
>>32986459
It's pretty tough to get into. Definitely one of the toughest branches, especially if you're commissioning, I basically see it like this: if you're smart, you work smarter and not harder. The Air Force is kind of the same way.

Marines and Soldier like to bitch and moan about Airmen being pussies, but if had the option of going to Yale vs Clown College, one is a much better idea than the other.
>>
What are the percentages of getting my own room in Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard. Marines, and Army?

I don't want to share a room. I heard the room mates are shit.
>>
>>32986640

You will have a roommate at some point in your life, Anon. Fucking get used to it.
>>
>>32986640
>I don't want to share a room. I heard the room mates are shit.
People that told that to you probably had roomates like you
>>
>>32983775
bump
>>
>>32986870
God a buddy in the marines who hates her room mate. Always blasts her music and shit I guess.
>>
>>32986936

I had two roomates in college I hated, and one who became the best man at my wedding.

It's a crapshoot. Don't make a life decision based on it.
>>
from hardest to easiest
what branches are the hardest and what are the easiest to get accepted?
>>
So what's the deal with commuting distance in the reserves?
As I understand it, if you're more than 150 miles from your IDT location you can get your travel expenses reimbursed up to $300 each month.
But I also heard about a "reasonable commuting distance" thingy and that they can transfer you to another unit if you move too far away.
Is such a transfer purely optional? If I were to eventually switch to the reserves, I'd want to rack up some free frequent flyer miles.
>>
>>32987070
Are you talking about commissioning in the army? Or enlisting in the military in general?
>>
>>32987158
i just meant enlisting in general
my af recruiter told me that getting into the military is hard because most people dont qualify
>>
>>32987171
Ok.
For people who don't qualify, it's usually because of criminal history, being too out of shape, or medical issues. All branches are pretty much the same in that they're pretty strict about these kinds of things right now.

Airforce and navy to some extent might be a little harder to get into than other branches because most of their jobs require higher ASVAB scores than army and muhreens.

Overall army is probably the most hassle free to enlist into and you're even guaranteed the job you choose (if you can pass job training).
>>
>>32986936
I've had 5 roomates through college. 3/5 were fine, the 1 being not fine because he was weird and an ass and the other 1 being great because he was a bro.
>>
Just took a practice ASVAB with no studying or prep time.
Can give individual scores if asked, but my V.E. is 60 if what I've read online is correct (Total of PC+WK, then weighted).
I can't tell my AFQT because this practice book doesn't assign a value between 1 and 3 points to AR and MK, but my raw scores on the test were 21/30 and 20/25 respectively.

Can anyone give me a ballpark of how well I scored?
>>
>>32987479
80%ish
>>
>>32971024
Is the military still giving out medical waivers?
>>
>>32978748
army
>>
>>32987488
Ok, so in simple terms what can I do with an 80%ish?
>>
>>32980609
>Damn, it's fucking changed. When I was looking at applying out of college they wanted 25 or under for core collector and 35 or under for paramilitary.
It hasn't changed.

I think you're confused about the age preferences.

Under 35 but over 25 with private sector or military experience go directly into the clandestine trainee pipeline. Under 25 fresh college grads go into the Professional Trainee pipeline which includes training basic professional acumen between hire and clandestine training. It's likely assumed that if you're over 25 and have business or military experience you know not to be a total jackass when it's inappropriate to be.

Both pipelines lead to core collector/collection management.
>>
>>32987651
yeah. I just had one approved today
>>
Would it be an absolutely horrible idea to go into the military after begining transition? I've wanted to go airforce for some time but I don't want to go in as some hotshot idiot snowflake who everyone hates due to special treatement(and the usual.)
>>
>>32986472
>we
>>
>>32986640
From what I understand Air Force usually get their own rooms with some shit like kitchens shared. Can't say for sure but this is the impression I get from reading around.
>>
>>32987684
With a score of 80 many most jobs will be open to you. Depends on the branches you're interested in but there isn't much that has a very high score requirement.
>>
About to go into AF Basic barely making weight at 6ft 130 lbs, will they make me eat double rats or is that for other branches?
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 1024x418px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1024x418px
>be me
>going nowhere in life
>decide maybe military
>want to join memereens
>shortest enlistment time is 4 years
>army has 2 years
>don't know which to choose
>muhreens seems to have more of a... Rep as being badass and hardcore
>army is easier? But doesn't seem to carry the same "umph"
Not bashing either, but if anything I'd only want to do something like 11b or 0311. I just want to have something to do for a while while I figure myself out. Plus it would be cool to just be able to "say I did it."

Pic unrelated.
>>
File: Bundespolizei.jpg (336KB, 2048x1263px) Image search: [Google]
Bundespolizei.jpg
336KB, 2048x1263px
>>32989889
>be me
>going nowhere in life
>decide maybe military
>I just want to have something to do for a while while I figure myself out
Same. I'm thinking of joining the French Foreign Legion. Still not 100% sure if I will do it though. The 5 year contract is one of the few things stopping me from doing it.

>army or memereens
If I was a Murican, I would definitely join the memereens.
>>
>>32990133
>I'm thinking of joining the French Foreign Legion.
If you don't already have combat experience or useful technical skills its unlikely they will even take you peace time.
>>
>>32990150
No combat experience, but the country I live in has conscription and I served one year in the National Guard, does that count?
>>
>>32990163
This is an old article but it's pretty good. Back when vice actually did real news.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/i-tried-joining-the-french-foreign-legion
>>
>>32990150

Bullshit. I just tried to join 2 weeks ago at ft de nogent. Im an honorably discharged USMC grunt with 2 tours/16 months in Helmand and a Combat Action Ribbon (all documented on my dd214 I brought with me) and they still rejected me due to a superficial scar on my chest, but they took in a bunch of 19 y/o jackoffs from east Europe who could barely do 6 pull ups (I did 17). The FFL does their selection in a completely nonsensical way. The only way to know if you will make it is to show up and try.
>>
>>32990177
Interesting read, thanks. I also remember reading in another FFL thread that they prefer recruiting Russians and other Eastern Europeans, is it true?
>>
>>32990209
>>32990216
I think it might have something to do with them wanting people willing to risk there lives for what little the FFL offers.
>>
>>32989889
What's your question, exactly?
>>
>>32990244

Trust me I had no qualms about fighting/dying. Im living on borrowed time already. Im considering joining up with the kurds for the impending seige of Raqqa. I just want to get back in the fight.
>>
How difficult is it to get selected to become a sniper?
>>
>>32990255
What was your (short) experience in the legion like, if you don't mind me asking? Especially the "gestapo" thing
Is it true that speaking fluent french is the best way to get in?
>>
>>32990471
ask for option 40 its in the contract
>>
>>32990519
I don't want SOF though. I'm just interested in being a marksman.
>>
>>32990244
That too, but I remember an article where an FFL officer said that they preferred Russians, Brazilians, Serbs etc, he also said that some other ethnicity made poor soldiers.
>>
>>32972112
Underrated post
>>
>>32972483
Is there no reserve units in Australia? Join your local reserve unit and be a weekend warrior. You get to shoot funs and still bang loose women. What are you retarted?
>>
>>32990530
The only way I've seen it happen is asking for it when you get to your unit. The guy I know got it in his re-enlistment contract. They were offering people nearly anything they wanted at the time, like tickets to the World Series or jumping into Normandy.
>>
>>32974164
Just keep doing them.
>>
>>32978343
No, the enlisted are more autistic than the officers.
>>
>>32984329
Die.
>>
>>32990577
You mean at the end of basic?
What skills do they look at aside from shooting well?
>>
>>32990471

Depends on your branch of the service.

AF will send combat airmen to sniper school, and have their own "sniper school" that's only a three week program focusing on countersniping aimed at SecFo in case the base comes under sniper fire.

CG doesn't have any use for snipers outside of some DOG elements, they used to crosstrain SEALS but discontinued the program iirc.

Navy only has SEALS, some of whom snipe.

Army has both dedicated snipers and special forces snipers and has the original school.

Marines now have their own sniper school, and my understanding is that every infantry... can't remember if it's platoon or company or what, but they each like to have their own sniper from the unit. Probably your best odds is the Marines.

Seriously. Only time I've ever recommended the Marines to anyone.
>>
>>32991465
Marines have a shortened designated marksmen program for a couple of marines platoon, typically.
Those guys will still be riflemen or machine gunners or whatever their primary job is, but will also have a bit more training on long range shooting and using whatever "sniper rifle" the platoon is assigned.
Then there are dedicated scout snipers, that's it's own special forces esq billet
>>
>>32990471
>>32991465

Found the specifics.

It looks like each Marine battalion has one platoon of snipers each selected from among their infantry and sent through sniper school. Apparently it's very competitive though as it is seen as highly prestigious.
>>
>>32991516

Ah, that makes more sense. Basically it looks like the actual scout snipers get picked for duty from platoon after a few years there.
>>
>>32984329
You mean Uncharacterized Discharge.

Forget it. Going in crazy means you are more likely to get more fucked in the head therefore not an asset.

Try Merchant Marine, or use Pell Grant (+ lottery if an option) for trade school or college.
>>
>>32979849
Bump
>>
>>32990935
>You mean at the end of basic?
... yes. Just a warning, they are not going to send you to a school after receiving you from Basic. You may be able to get into a scout platoon if you are squared away though. It's competitive, so only the best will be considered.
>>
>>32984329
>>Uncharacteristic Discharge for depression

The discharge is fine but you'll need a waiver proving your not depressed
>>
File: 1374498441908.jpg (121KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1374498441908.jpg
121KB, 768x1024px
Is there an infographic listing the pros/cons of each branch?
>>
File: 1486591890242.jpg (121KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486591890242.jpg
121KB, 1080x1080px
How long did it take you to get laid after enlisting?

You're pretty much on a tight leash for a while, no?
>>
>>32989332
ssg told me not to talk to skeletons
>>
>>32992667

Wut.

I'm still in DEP, but if you aren't getting laid before going in you have other stuff to take care of. Some women chase tags, but if you're too introverted to talk to them in the first place that isn't going to get you anywhere.
>>
Starting my phase 1 in about 2 months.

Some people have told me some utter horror stories while other have said that its hard but fun. Who is bullshitting me?
>>
>>32992823
I should clarify I meant after shipping to boot.

Getting laid outside is easy, but once inside your life belongs to your sergeant, as long as you live in the barracks I assume...
>>
>>32992863

I assume that very few people are going to be doing any fucking in boot camp. It's two months, suck it up. You'll have bigger worries.
>>
>>32989332
Dude, bulk the fuck up. I'm 6'0 150-160 and I can barely imagine how you'd be able to even pass PT
>>
I want to be a 68w.

But I want to do high speed shit

>Opt 40

Yes I know but I'm curious about Big Army LRS/Scout units.

Is it hard to get into these?

Also, and this is tertiary, but how often is cross training while you're in? Meaning, will you learn other jobs/skills other than your MOS?
>>
File: ice agent promo.png (1MB, 1022x678px) Image search: [Google]
ice agent promo.png
1MB, 1022x678px
Anybody thinking about joining ICE?

https://twitter.com/ICEgov/status/831563669322493955

They're hiring. Thoughts?
>>
>>32993243
>will you learn other jobs/skills other than your MOS?
Any other job skills you learn will have to be on your time.
>>
File: 1419469264604.gif (43KB, 255x127px) Image search: [Google]
1419469264604.gif
43KB, 255x127px
Has anyone here done military boxing? I'm going into the Navy in April as corpsman, I want to go FMF but I also want to find a way into Navy team sports, specifically boxing. The only problem is, I don't even know where to get started for that once I'm in and I don't know if it will interfere with my other corpsman goals. Any advice?
>>
Are marine DI's really tougher than army DI's? Or is that a meme.
>>
>>32985498
>when is it preferential to leave your military career?

You'll figure that out as your career progresses because the combination of factors is complex. Retire as an officer and you'll never have to work again, so I'd stay in as long as practical then do the retirement table math. While your peers are still working (especially if the one or two or three recessions typical in the span of a career happen and wipe their 401Ks out) you'll be recession-proof. That's hugely nice.
>>
>>32987110
"Eventually" means regs may change. Do what you plan to do first then calculate your actual options when the chance to take them gets closer IRL.
>>
>>32988517
It would be stupid to deal with transitioning and the military at the same time because of stress. Transition, get comfy with dealing with stress, then consider what you REALLY want to do with your life. That may affect your job choice. If MTF there are plenty of jobs for women like Admin and Supply where everything is corporate and slack so you can enjoy the paycheck while having access to a forest of cock.
>>
>>32974006
>USAF
>SF
imblying...
>>
>>32989889
Four or five years seems a lot when you are a teencunt just out of high school, but it's NOT a lot as an adult. Two years isn't enough to get good at any skilled task including war.
>>
>>32993274

>ICE

Bunch of faggots who couldn't cut it as Feds doing something more important than brown people sweeps.
>>
>>32974006

>don't join the military you fucking idiots,

AF retired here. Join the military but think and research first as OP clearly chose not to do. He also chose to be mentally fragile. Loneliness is SELF-induced by the CHOICE not to have or learn social skills.

OP should pull his/her/its head out of his/her/its ass and take positive action to learn new things and meet new people. The military is an opportunity but won't handhold you with shit a man is supposed to make himself do to be functional.

As I repeatedly state, do NOT become a cop, Admin (unless you are a welfare queen in which case you just found a great Federal paycheck, go enjoy yourself as there are "many ways to serve") or join Transportation (trucks don't go any place good).

Sorry OP, but isolation for a few years until you EAS or find a crosstraining opportunity or switch services or score a special duty assignment isn't the end of the fucking world.

Learn the intricacies of the military assignment system. Take online courses or something for credits. Learn 2 outdoors. Life won't seek you out, you gotta work at it.
>>
>>32990133
who is this semen demon
>>
>Going to get assigned to Hawaii or Alaska for 1-2 years

The suspense is fucking killing me already.
>>
>>32978685
What you fight for couldn't matter less to your career. Troll elsewhere you ignorant cunt.

War is a career.
>>
>>32980350
You can Cross Utilization Train in a few fields like aircraft maintenance but your primary job stays your primary unless you actually crosstrain to a different AFSC. Fairly easy in aircraft maintenance. I've been Comm/Nav, an engine troop and a crew chief via formal crosstrain but did a lot of overlap before and after because I enjoyed the work.

Take your time picking your first AFSC. I did and it paid off pleasantly.
>>
File: 1337325815084.jpg (20KB, 397x261px) Image search: [Google]
1337325815084.jpg
20KB, 397x261px
>>32993633
>Security Forces
>>
>>32993765
its me

hi boys~
>>
>>32993765
a qt aryan grill
>>
I'm 6'6. If I join the army will my spine be in snap city?
>>
>>32992575
there should be if there isn't
>>
>>32994074
That's because it would be damn near impossible. Two guys who joined the same branch at the same time, for the same job could have two entirely different career's.

You could have the perfect job in the world for what you want to do but have an extremely shitty command and hate your life or vice versa hate your job but enjoy the people you work with so it doesn't bother you that much.
>>
>>32988517
What do you mean transition?
>>
File: 1448813386690.gif (802KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1448813386690.gif
802KB, 264x264px
>>32994424
i think he means hes in the process of indulging in a mental illness
>>
File: 13459025234.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
13459025234.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>32994474
God dammit why can't these faggots just neck themselves, why do they have to ruin everything for normal people
>>
>>32994525
How does ruining their own life ruin anything for you?
>>
>>32994628
not him, but i believe it degrades society
>>
File: 1453919099450.jpg (42KB, 525x534px) Image search: [Google]
1453919099450.jpg
42KB, 525x534px
Why do women not have to shave their heads at basic?

If they can't go all the way then they have no place being in the military.
>>
>>32994628
Because now everyone who's mentally healthy has to be 'accepting' and 'tolerant' of these people who are living out their delusions as if they aren't delusions. It's like a schizophrenic kept hallucinating something and to be 'tolerant' of it society decided to go along with the hallucination. It's complete madness and it's not healthy for our society. And certainly the military shouldn't be taking in such delusional, mentally unstable people.
>>
File: IMG_0444.jpg (88KB, 772x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0444.jpg
88KB, 772x514px
I signed up for the reserves, I wanted active though but I was told at basic there's someone at reception to go over your contract with you and you can change to active there. Am I being bamboozled or is this srs

(Army) btw
>>
>>32995052
you got lied to big time
>>
File: IMG_0430.jpg (155KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0430.jpg
155KB, 597x519px
>>32995106
What the fuck is it too late for me am I fucked, I was told that if you want to go active you can do it at basic and drill sergeants could help you too, I ship in a week
>>
>>32992667
Enlisted from age 18-22, still a virgin at age 27.

The muhreens dress blues are a meme. Dont fall for it like I did.
>>
>>32971024
>>32971048
>>32971082
>>32971090
>>32971113
>>32971658
>>32971769
>>32972090
>>32972110
>>32972112
>>32972116
>>32972125
>>32972163
I just signed a contract for enlistment for with prior service. I didn't swear in; all I signed was a set of forms that said my ship date and that there was a reservation made. Is there a way I can still change my mind?
Please, help. I think I may have made a huge mistake.
>>
File: 1376929215484.jpg (86KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1376929215484.jpg
86KB, 640x512px
22 year old guy with no previous JROTC/Military experience here. Want to commission when I get my degree in a few years. Air Force is #1 on the list but I'm stuck between Army and Marines for #2.

What are some of the differences between the Army and the Marines to help weigh my decision? Bear in mind I'm commissioning and not enlisting, if that helps at all.
>>
>>32993765
Looks like a guard for Frankfurt airport
>>
>>32993633
They call their rentacops "SF".
They call their HR personnel "SARC"s

Its hilarious. Next they will call their gays "SEALS" and their personnelists Delta.
>>
>>32995459

Army and Marines are the two branches that you should categorically avoid no matter what. Not because they are the "combat" branches, all five branches have duties that you can volunteer for if you want to see some action. The reason to avoid those two in particular is that they are the two branches that are the most terminally screwed up and dysfunctional.

>The Army is big and has been fucked up for so long that nobody even knows where to begin in order to fix it.
>The Marines are the Navy's bitch and are screwed up by design.
>>
File: Pinochet Pepe.jpg (161KB, 864x1105px) Image search: [Google]
Pinochet Pepe.jpg
161KB, 864x1105px
>>32971024

Hey, its that nice old chap that gave out free helicopter rides to communists.
>>
>>32993890
Has Air Force Security Forces ever done anything other than sitting at the FOB with a thumb up their ass?
>>
In DEP always told to tell recruiters about everything so I was pulled over but I didn't get a ticket or a warning I was just told to go on should I just not speak about this or what the cop did take my licence to check who I was and all
>>
>>32997692

Back when my dad was on flightline and bases in 'nam were getting mortared secfo was responsible for taking out partisans mortaring the bases.

That kind of shit isn't CoD-worthy, so you don't hear about it. Honestly you don't hear about 99% of the heavy lifting that anyone in any mos/afsc/rate does because it doesn't sound like easily politicized news that is going to grab easily monetized clicks.
>>
>>32990209
I think we met. Was there a South African sleeping in the bed on your right?
>>
Should I do 94H Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment Support Specialist?

Would that give me a high paying job when I get out?

What MOS would hook me up with a high paying job after I get out?

What job would balance getting a good job and not being a complete pog.
>>
>>32997711
Tell your recruiters you need to fill out a fm-420-b.i. to get a Police Engagement waiver. You risk being charged with a felony for perjury if you don't.
>>
>>32998307
So anything useful is basically pog. By definition.

I'm a 68C. LPN. National average salary is 40-50k. Not much. Hard work. Basic nurse life with the drugs and the old people and the dying and the pack mule like abuse. Long contract, 6 years.

The only thing with guaranteed jobs is something that gets you a license or certifications. Even medics get an EMT cert.
>>
>>32998318
Should I tell them now or wait for the our next face to face meeting
>>
>>32998381
Call his cell now, if you get voicemail call the command CDO cell or the chief (or Master Sergeant or whoever is the boss of the recruiting station)
>>
File: MWD_009.jpg (75KB, 620x411px) Image search: [Google]
MWD_009.jpg
75KB, 620x411px
How hard will it be for me to get a 31K slot?
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
Does anyone have a link to the list of mos's that are available for the 2 year enlistment option? I can't seem to find it.
>why only 2 years
I know it's really 8, 2 active with 6 in the irr. I'm only doing it cuz I have nothing better to do. Want something like 11b if possible.
>>
File: prinpil.jpg (101KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
prinpil.jpg
101KB, 500x640px
>>32971024
>be me
>dreams of becoming a pilot since middle school
>grow up
>eyesight becomes terrible
>height reaches 6'6"
>struggling with school and athleticism
>learns that they don't even decide if you'll be a pilot until after all the college is done and you owe them
>would rather kill myself than be stuck as a desk jockey for 4 years
>decide to become private pilot instead
I'm still kind of bitter, but at least drones are taking over anyway, so maybe staying out was the best choice.
>>
>>32991519

My best friend is 3/7 Scout Sniper platoon.

He's in Iraq right now, sees no action, and is jealous at the Delta dudes who go on operations ever day.

He's so jealous infact, he's going to reup with the Army when he gets out so he can go Ranger.
>>
>>32995158
>What the fuck is it too late for me am I fucked, I was told that if you want to go active you can do it at basic and drill sergeants could help you too, I ship in a week

Nope. You have the ability to walk away up until the point you get on the bus to go to TRADOC. But keep in mind that the recruiter you're working with now will be dead to you and you might as well completely write off the entire recruiting office.

If you go to another recruiter nearby be straight up with them that the guy you "fucked over" straight up lied to your face.

>>32995106
>you got lied to big time

Also this. You got fucking bamboozled, taken, scammed, misled, and goofed on son.

That is a straight up lie.
>>
>>32993274
>They're hiring. Thoughts?

Well at least you'll be getting in on the ground floor of the new SS.
>>
>>32995417
you want to bail out? why?
>>
>>32993243
>Yes I know but I'm curious about Big Army LRS/Scout units.

If you were to get to a line unit, why do you think your command would put you in a LRS detachment when you're one of probably two or three in your entire company?
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 640x629px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 640x629px
>>32999133
Halp plz
>>
>>32993619
Fair enough, anon. I'm honestly considering just saying fuck it to transition because I want to get in asap, I'm not sure I want to stay at my dead end ass delivery job for another year or whatever while I transition.
>>
>>32971024
If i was diagnosed with childhood asthma and was never officially cleared for it, can i still join? I run regularly and have no issues but the record could fuck me over
>>
>>32998876

Unicorn job. Basically impossible.
>>
>>32999879
>crab hands
>>
Opinion on recon marines?
>>
File: 18oQTZA[1].png (319KB, 3555x2198px) Image search: [Google]
18oQTZA[1].png
319KB, 3555x2198px
All joking aside, is actually being autistic a DQ for joining?
Military seems like the perfect place for autistic people.
>Clear social hierarchy with ranks
>Everything always clean and in order
>Eat/Sleep/Shit on exact schedule
>Always being told exactly what to do
exc.
>>
File: the-runaway-1958.jpg!Blog.jpg (46KB, 440x500px) Image search: [Google]
the-runaway-1958.jpg!Blog.jpg
46KB, 440x500px
>>33002072
are you actually autistic? like medically documented ?

If the answer is yes. Of course you cant join, you fucking retard.
>>
>>33002072
clinically diagnosed? no, of-fucking course not

not that more than half the people in the military arent afflicted by some form of serious mental illness, their parents just cared less and never took them to the doctor as a kid

if you think youre a functioning human being just lie about it nigga
>>
What can I do with a master's in biochemistry, assuming I have full sleeve tattoos and don't want to do scientific research anymore?
>>
>>33002358
get a job
>>
>>33001117
If the asthma isn't a problem anymore, just lie about it. As long as the job you get doesn't require top secret clearence, they won't find out.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170209-103205.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170209-103205.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>33002518

ok
>>
I want to enlist in the USAF.

If I go out of country for a few months, will it show up in a secret clearance background check?
>>
>>33002597
how would they know
>>
How hard is to get a qt Japanese wife as a sailor stationed in japan
>>
>>33002648
because they ask for your fucking passport.

>>33002597
dont lie about leaving the country. You will be charged with fraudulent enlistment.
If you arent going to iran to meet with you "cousins" who like to yell death to america, you will be fine.
>>
Active Duty Navy here, anyone have questions?
>>
>>33002758
Most sailors end up taking home Jap or Filipino women if they're stationed there.
>>
>>33002072
I know a few people I would swear are on the spectrum. Really smart guys, but they don't understand how to be relaxed with chill higher ups. Always 'yes sir, no sir. My apologies sir."
>>
>>33003004

What do you think of the Coasties?
>>
>>33002890
Thank you. It's Europe, so I figured it wouldn't be too much of a problem since they're not terrorists or anti-American
>>
I took anxiety meds for like 2 weeks like 6 years ago, and saw a couple of therapists. I don't even have anxiety, and my mom forced me to go to them and take the meds. Is this even worth mentioning? I want an Intel job if that matters
>>
>>33003112
it wont be an issue, unless you lie about it,
>>
>>33003120
If you want a intel job that probably means it requires tsc. You should absolutly tell them and get a waiver for whatever you had. If you don't, theres a good chance they'll find out.
>>
>>33003060
Coast Guard is not really military. They're puddle pirates, and do 2 week deployments, I think of them kind of like an active Navy reserve.
>>
>>33003362

You realize that they see more action than you do, right?
>>
>>33003965

That's only going to become more true when the wall gets built and the drug/human trafficking goes by boat even more.
>>
>>32971048
Colorado doing rsp rn
>>
>>32995417
>I think I may have made a huge mistake.

Explain.
>>
>>32995459
Wait for an Air Force opening and contact actual USAF officers for insights into current best career path.
>>
>>32998307
I would. Comfy environment because metrology and test equipment require it for repair and calibration, wide variety of shit to keep amused, and stable work schedule for off-duty education are how AF TMDE folks live. Army TMDE must be similar because equipment dictates working conditions. I'd look for any extra training while in.

Medical is more employable afterwards but doing a painless twenty in TMDE and related would be a nice way to get the bennies. Your facility may be restricted access which is a bonus during exercises.

You'll spend a lot of easy time calibrating very basic equipment when received from Supply, like tire gauges and torque wrenches, but you'll also work more advanced TMDE especially if your base has aviation.
>>
>>32999570
>Well at least you'll be getting in on the ground floor of the new SS.

That statement indicates you know nothing about either ICE or the SS. Fuck off to /pol/ with your babbling idiotic attempt to troll.
>>
>>33000756
If you are gonna cope with life, learn not to care about a year or two of deadend shit while furthering your long term goals. Nofuckingway, and I'm not anti-trans, that you would manage both well (don't forget surgery downtime and recovery) in the early stages of a military enlistment. The Army has room for dramabomb deadweight but you wouldn't serve yourself well by enlisting in a condition where you may suddenly by accident or circumstance need to GTFO the military.

Your mind cannot focus on demanding tasks while adapting to hormonal changes, social changes, surgery recovery, etc, etc. It's a recipe for despair.

Transition FULLY so you are ready to do whatever with your life. Hurrying is asking for major problems.
>>
>>33002597
>If I go out of country for a few months

For fucking WHAT PURPOSE and to WHAT COUNTRY??? You appear too stupid to defile my Air Force with your presence.

You should want the government to know where you go unless you are an infiltrating snackbar.
>>
>>33002758
Common, but no Jap with any class marries a sailor. That's just a way to get a green card from a horny loser, then stay with him for long enough to attach some pay in divorce.
>>
I've been paid a few times but still don't have a myPay login. on myPay it says if you have a SmartCard reader you can login with that, is it worth buying one or should I just bother my PSD for a login?
>>
>>32999879
>dat ass
>dem thighs
>guns
My kinda woman
>>
>>33004378
You never set up a my pay account in boot? I mean picking up a CAC reader isn't a bad idea, maybe $20 at the PX/NEX.
>>
>>33003965
>more action
>implying herding drug runners in fast boats is anything near what's about to happen in Iran.
>>
>>33004600

>thinking anything is going to happen in memeran anytime soon
>>
>>33004600

>Year-round Coasties deal with drug runners, people smugglers, search and rescue, border patrol, working dockside informants etc etc
>They have teams that deploy to do CI Force protection, HUMINT, port security, and counter-piracy and counter-terror operations overseas when the rest of the military deploys to those places as well

I seriously doubt that most of the military outside of SOF and certain intel units do as much as the average Coastie.

That brings up an interesting question though: why do you the people who almost never actually do shit beat their chests the hardest about being the "real" military?
>>
what is it with america and fucking muhreens?

we dont even have that branch in my country
>>
I got a bachelor's in computer science and I want to either join the Air force of Army

What branch would be the better choice for my CS faggotry?
>>
>>33004677
you answered your own question

air force ofc
>>
>>33004636
>what is counter-piracy missions and BMD?
>>
got into finnish guerrilla leader training (conscript), really hqppy about that

"The Finnish Army Sissi units are trained to conduct long range reconnaissance patrols, gather intelligence from concealed observation posts, raid enemy installations (especially supply depots), conduct road side ambushes and pursue and destroy enemy special forces units."
>>
File: IMG_20170214_223221.jpg (218KB, 1412x2174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_223221.jpg
218KB, 1412x2174px
>>33004727

>sissi
>>
>>33004727
Sounds cool as fuck
There isn't anything like that in my country that isn't SOF so I'm going infantry
>>
>>33004696
That's what I have been leaning but my father wants me to be in the Army because he used to be in artillery, what is better in the Army that the Air Force can't compete against?
>>
Just went to my first pst.

Realized I was doing push-up wrong mu entire life.

I was actually going down all the way like an idiot when instead I should have been humping the air like a madman.

Same thing with sit ups too. You don't actually go all the way. Just elbow the air!

My life has been a lie
>>
>>33004887
PT?
Advancement
Bonuses
Cross training
See the world

That's literally it.
>>
>>33004887

The Army has nothing that the Air Force doesn't have aside from slightly dumber enlisted.
>>
>>33004716

>counter-piracy missions

Coasties do that too from time to time.

>BMD

That's not exactly action packed.
>>
The F in 35F stands for fun right?
>>
File: c86[1].jpg (34KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
c86[1].jpg
34KB, 600x342px
>>33002113
>Of course you cant join, you fucking retard.

>>33002221
>clinically diagnosed? no, of-fucking course not

Why is this though?
And where is it stated?
Could I get a waver?
Being socially retarded does not impact your ability to shoot people at all. I could argue it makes it easier. It's not like people with Autism can't learn to fake social interaction and function fine in the world with time.

>if you think youre a functioning human being just lie about it nigga
I'm past functional, i'm successful. Joining the military is part of my bucket list.
>>
>>33004887
>>33005286

Air Force is actually better for seeing the world. Both are garbage compared to a seagoing Navy rate though.

Biggest thing the Army has is better and more granular career control. You also get access to more career fields as enlisted.
>>
File: lol.jpg (54KB, 960x926px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
54KB, 960x926px
>Need to run 1.5 miles in under 12 minutes
>1 minute break
>Run 1.5 miles again in 9 minutes 30 seconds

Fucking hell this is hard as fuck. First on a treadmill at 2% incline, then on normal ground.
>>
>>33005648
http://www.city-data.com/forum/military-life-issues/1472143-can-high-functioning-autistics-join-military-4.html

here ya go autismo. since you cant do any reserch yourself
>>
>>33005648
MEPS will disqualify you for anything. Just tell them you're fine. They don't have access to your medical records
>>
If I go for a commission in the army, is it possible to go straight into intelligence, or would I basically be stuck with whatever MOS they give me? If the former, how competitive is it? If the latter, do any other branches offer commissions in intelligence MOS's? Also, how competitive are commissions in the coast guard?
>>
>>33005796

>Commission

What kind of Intel are you wanting? Officers in every branch do intel, any particular reason you want Army other than it's the one you seem most familiar with?
>>
>>33005767
Yea thats the thing, I keep seething non-military sources about functioning autists in the military, and then I also here
>MEPS will disqualify you for anything.

Was looking for an actual .gov source saying what disability can and can't serve.
>>
>>33005881
You can't serve if medically diagnosed with Autism, but if you join and later get examined they won't kick you out for it. It's the same with a lot of conditions.
>>
>>33005881
dude, you shouldn't serve if you have fucking autism. I know you dont want to hear it.

but you are not only are risk to yourself but to others.

if they diagnosed you im sorry man you wont be able to join.
>>
somebody make a NEW
>>
>>>33006029
>>>33006029
>>>33006029
>>>33006029

New thread
>>
>>33005943
I know people with mild Autism that serve in the Intel field and they are hard workers
If they pass the requirements I don't see a problem with them working, but I wouldn't put them in combat arms.
>>
>>33005839
>What kind of Intel are you wanting?
Tbh I'm not really sure what the difference is as far as what you actually get to do. I'll be graduating soon with a BS in economics so I'm no stranger to analyst-type work, but obviously it would be cool to get a job in intelligence that does a bit more than that.

>Officers in every branch do intel, any particular reason you want Army other than it's the one you seem most familiar with?
No reason in particular. I'm really open to whatever branch, army is what I'm most familiar with though.
>>
>>33005943
>but you are not only are risk to yourself but to others.
At risk of creating slightly socially awkward situations? Autism is a legitimately bullshit "disability". It does not actually keep you from doing anything.

>>33005912
>You can't serve if medically diagnosed with Autism
Ok but can I see a source?
I'm not being an ass I just want to know.

Seeks are allowed to serve with there head wraps, Hasidic Jews have beard wavers, I'm sure I could find a work around.
>>
>>33006073

There are big differences between branches, and big differences between intel fields. Are you wanting more HUMINT or a form of technical intelligence?

If you don't know, then maybe go Air Force and say that you want HUMINT early on. 14NX has to do all intelligence collection disciplines plus analysis, and if you specify HUMINT you'll get to do some of that too.
>>
>>33006073
>>33006112

It's 99 % irrelevant. You won't be getting hands-on as an intelligence officer in any branch. Intelligence officership is basically the art of channeling autism from a bunch of enlisted into a finished product.
>>
>>33006191

Except HUMINT anon. But that's a debate that seems to rage on /k/ constantly with salty former 35Ms refusing to accept that they got dicked.
>>
>>33006216

I work with an Air Force MAJ that joined to do "HUMINT". He deployed twice and never did shit.

Hands-on officers are a meme unless you're talking pilots, warrants, or Navy LDOs.
>>
>>33006112
>>33006191
>>33006216
>>33006257
So even if I went for human intelligence officer I'd see pretty much no real action? Also, when I go for a commission am I able to just choose right away humint, or do I have to compete for it with no real guarantee, or is it all just random?
>>
>>32973972
>>This process is basically designed to wash civilians out into airborne infantry
True story: I signed up for Option 40 back in the day, and was all excited to Ranger Up.
I ended up washing out, and ending in Airborne Infantry.
It was a pretty good time. Pretty high-speed, as we were typically infused with people who either got bumped from Ranger Battalions, or were on their way to SFAS or other high-speed shit.
It was a great time to learn that I was not that high-speed, and had better things to do with my life.

That said, I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything. In retrospect, I would have been more involved in HS sports, specifically track or swimming, and had a much easier time in Basic and other schools.
>>
>>33006257

He probably fucked up in his pipeline and didn't request specialization early. You have to request it early on or they don't give you the billet and you bounce between IMINT, SIGINT, MASINT, and analysis.

>Hands-on officers are a meme

Okay there salty enlisted man.
>>
>>33006295

Not enlisted anymore, happily working hands-on as much as I like as a contractor. It's great because I get to hang with enlisted/commissioned dudes from all branches.

Pay is sweet too.
>>
>>33006285

>So even if I went for human intelligence officer I'd see pretty much no real action?

No. People who say that are full of shit but repeat it anyway.

>when I go for a commission am I able to just choose right away humint

No. You request that in tech school early on.

>no real guarantee

Welcome to the military.
>>
>>33004566
I never went to boot camp or OCS/ODS etc
>>
>>33006313

And here I am eyeballing med school for the same pay. Happy with my choice though.
>>
>>33006317
Are there any spooky MOS's that I could go into with a commission where I actually get to do something?
>>
>>33006382

...are you just going to ignore what I told you and go with what the other anon is saying instead of listening to what I just told you?
>>
>>33006420
I'm assuming you're >>33006112 ?
As far as serious considerations go I'm still all for intelligence, and will probably end up looking more into HUMINT, thanks for clearing up which one actually gets to do more than desk-jockeying though. But I am certainly exploring my options. Don't blame me for trying to get a plurality of opinions on a Senegalese stamp-collecting forum
>>
>>33004130
>That statement indicates you know nothing about either ICE or the SS.

1. It's a goof

2. CBP officer detected
>>
>>32978718
Is this supposed to be loss?
>>
>>33008227
Look at the name.
Harambe. Police violence. Terrorist attacks. Gender neutral restrooms.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.