[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parts/repair thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Afternoon /k/
So my buddy and I were out shooting yesterday, and he took out his new .308 Savage Axis. He was shooting steel case TulAmmo, and it wouldn't extract. It worked the first 3 times, then it didn't work at all.
I asked to see his bolt, and as soon as I grabbed the bolt and looked at the head the extractor flew right the fuck off.
So, now I ask where would I go to find a new extractor or, failing that, a new bolt for his Axis? Also, is this a common problem with this rifle? I'm under the impression it's the steel case doing it but I could be wrong.

Also general parts/ repair thread
>>
>>32969698
>TulAmmo

There's your problem.
>>
>>32969698
I've got the same rifle as in the pic in .308.

You really shouldn't have used Tula. They pack the 308s like they're packing miitary 7.62x51. You're pretty much fucked.
>>
Same thing with my .223 with tula. Jams like a mofo unless brass is used.
>>
>>32969869
>>32969713
>>32969883
Yeah I figured, but it was his first gun and I don't think he knew any better. Any place I can find a replacement? Looked online and haven't seen one
>>
don't use steel ammo in a bolt gun unless its been proven that it won't fuck the extractor
>>
>>32969869
But you can shoot 7.62x51 in a .308 chamber with no issues usually.
>>
Damn, are bolt actions this delicate about steel case?
Got a few boxes of steel case wolf soft point sitting around for potential trips, how fucked am I?
>>
>>32969698

Anyone know how good IWI is with their warranties/customer service? Was thinking about getting a Jericho 931 F steel frame. But I hear it is hard to find Jew gun parts in the states. They're pretty okay, but I don't want to be fucked when a part wears down.
>>
I shoot Tula in my AR15 all the time. No issues.
>>
>>32969698
New extracotrs are available. Try Numrich, Brownells, PAcific Tool, or even Savage.
The Axis is cheaply made and the extractor especially so, the method of holding it in place is crap. Might be a good idea to get an extra for the next time it gets lost.
>>
>>32970321
Found it on Numrich but it's sold out. Wish he had just bought a fucking AR so we could find parts easier
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.